Author Topic: costume help: wig  (Read 3417 times)

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
costume help: wig
« on: August 15, 2005, 10:00:59 pm »
i'm wearing a pink wig for my costume, but it's really difficult stuffing all my long hair into it. sometimes strands are visible. =_= does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to make it a little easier?

thank yooou...
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 10:04:44 pm »
Having your hair pulled back into a wig cap helps, if you aren't already doing that.
Or you could shave it off.... Hehhh. -turns into creepy looking Neko-chan with a glinting electric razor in her hand-

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 10:18:46 pm »
Maybe a hairnet?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 10:27:19 pm »
wig caps are certainly a major help in containing your hair.  I got mine from katie blair's website, although you may find better ones elsewhere(I honestly dun know).
since you've said your hair is rather long, I believe you may want to try swepting it all back into like a ponytail and then slide on the wig cap(or you could try the wig directly, but shorter hair strands can still poke out).   if you can't get a wig cap, I may be able to lend one but its black so it may stand out.

the main trouble I have with wigs myself, is really getting them secure on my head.  since my haku wig is heavy in the back, it slowly slides in that direction.......
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 11:36:19 pm »
Also if you're too cheap and don't have time to buy a proffessional wig holder, you could use nude pantyhose. Cut off the legs leaving just enough to tie the remainder of the legs into a small knot. Then you put your hair into the pantyhose making it secure with bobbypins and such.

I've done this a couple of times and it's worked for me ^^" Takes a while to get it all tucked a way though. And it's hot as heck...
Sweet Times

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 10:45:04 pm »
:twisted: short hair helps! :twisted:

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline Rikku

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 12:17:24 am »
I remember I had to tie my arse length hair up to put in a chin length wig. It sucked. Thankfully I cut it all off. XD Now I just pin it all up with a million clips.

Wig caps help definately. But I'm not too fond of them. They make my head feel like it's losing circulation. XD

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 12:58:10 am »
iv never needed a wig cuz i have long hair and STUFF!!!

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 11:31:55 am »
I use wig caps. ^^ they work really well but collies right. When they are brand new, they are REALLY tight and hurt somtimes. xD

for the hair by your ears though ( i find my hair escapes there too) just put it up in the cap with some hair gel, that should hold it. :3