Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts Panel 2011 (open only for panel updates! don't flood w/comments)  (Read 3082 times)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
This all started with an idea created by Soraandfriend (nicholas sabes, my fiance) who wanted this as a hangout outside of kumoricon.
but since we didn't have a place to hold it, i suggested to him that if we made it into a panel 1) we could all hangout and have fun, and all kh fans join us to hang out and play games 2) wouldn't have to worry about a room (lol) he of course didn't want that cuz he believe that i was taking over his idea, but after discussing it several times, he and i agreed that we should make it into a panel with the help of our close friends!

at the panel in 2010 we thought that adding random ppl from the lines who were dressed as the orgy 13 would be fun, cuz they would love to join in with our fun! there were arguments and ppl didn't like each other, getting into their limelight and other things, but overall it was a fun panel.

this year we are on hold due to some personal issues. so at the moment all i can tell you this!

1) Nick will be incharge yet again, for he wants to stop the arguing, and would love to see me and 2 others of our close friends to help out with the planning. (not sure who yet! will be discussed at the meeting OCT 30th!)

2) We really want this to be a hangout and audience driven panel! So if you have any big group games (we will have twister for sure) please PM me with any games you would like to see at the panel!

3) on the forums here. there will be NO discussing of the panels or arguing about anything to do with the panels! at all! we will have the forum just to UPDATE the ideas that we discussed OUTSIDE the panels, and IN person or through emails/pms! so things that are still in progress we will post with "IN progress" or "80% done here are our ideas so far" and will be posted by these ppl (names will be decided at the meeting)

4) if you would like to help us out in anyway and wouldn't mind working with anyone at all! please fill out this form and send it to me on a PM (DO NOT POST IT ON HERE!)

*you must have some way of contacting me or anyone who is going to be in charge after saturday 100% i will give u my number and email and im once i get this form from you*

*Name:
*Forum Name:
*email:
*IM: (either msn or skype i can do but if you can't do either one of those then write "ONLY opt")
Phone #:
Ideas/Suggestions
:

*the one with an asterick (*) next to them are required, the others are optional but i would really appreciate a number to call if there is an emergency and must contact you asap!*

and for all of you who have been dealing with our needless arguing, i'm very deeply sorry for it all. And let's hope that this can be settled so that the KH fans don't have to take a hit because of our fights! thank you again!

From,
domenica (2010 panel kairi)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:59:59 pm by luvan1me »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
Panel Crosslist 2011
1) Rules
   A) whoever is speaking, let them speak, until finished. (common school ediquette)   
   B) respect equipment, people, etc. 
   C) keep language pg13 or take it up with (security)

2) Who is attending and willing
   A)nick   
   B)me 
   C)kristi 
   D)jeff 
   E)fallon 
   F)molly
   G)tyler

3) What will the Panel be about
    just consist of mostly small games and "whose line is it anyway"

4) discuss some ideas for panel schedule (come up with a layout)
(still thinking up)

5) Appointing Duties (pre-con & at con) and what duties?
  A)keeping order/timing 
  B)security (yojimbo) 
  C)tech 
  D)scheduling
  E)panel ideas/creator 
  F)in charge of game stations (and which) 

6) What must we have at con (ex: computers, games, electronics, etc.) to be successful
(will discuss later)

7) Dance issue (if we get the dance, we drop the panel)

8 ) Any other issues?
please pm or email at KHUnlocked@groups.facebook.com

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
still in progress

Some ideas for one part of the gaming and skits/game
1st idea:
*this is still a work in progress idea*

*A cross between "Who's line is it anyway" and "American Idol"(incorporated into it like a small joke told only once and just how the layout is of the hosts)

1 host (possibly terra), 3 judges (aqua, ventus, vanitas) and anyone (from our group) who are willing to be the 4 actors acting out "scenes from a hat" and/or whichever games we like from "who's line"

KH idol idea incorporation: one would be "rian secrest", another would be the hateful picky judge "simon",one would be the sweet, sympathetic "paula", and the last one would be the laidback, cool "randy". the role for these judges is to chew out each "character" up on the stage for their "flaws" and act as their judge but incorporate their character in their lines. (this is just an idea to incorporate into "whose line" kinda like a small joke that will just be done once.)
(the judges wouldn't have to be in these characters at all time, just incorporate the idea ofamerican idol spoof in there)

character ideas:

rian secrest: terra
simon: vanitas
paula: aqua
randy: ventus
contestants: anyone who is willing to be part of the 4-5 cast

Ideas for games famous on "Who's line is it?" (the ones with ~*~ are the ones we decided we did want, but still thinking)
~*~1)Scenes From a Hat: The audience submits written suggestions themed with KH places, and situations which are placed in a hat. The host then draws from the hat, and any of the four performers, who stand off-stage, may enter and develop that scene.(in this game we could count anyone in our group who wants to play)

2)Whose Line: Two performers act out a given scene. They are each given several slips of paper with amusing lines written on them suggested in advance by the audience. Periodically, the performers pull a slip of paper out of their pocket and must include the line in the scene. The lines commonly contain some form of innuendo*

3)Courtroom Scene: One performer is a judge, and another is the prosecutor. The other two are given a selection of hats to choose from and act as witnesses in the given case.

4)Addicts Anonymous: One performer hosts an Alcoholics Anonymous-type meeting for the other three, who are addicted to a provided unusual item or activity.

5)Funeral: 3-4 performers act out a scene at a funeral for a character with an audience-provided name and occupation, who died in a job-related freak accident. One performer usually takes the role of the funeral director, with the remaining performers being associated with the deceased in some way. After briefly eulogizing, the performers sing an elegy all at once.

6) Unlikely Couples/Couples: Two performers play a scene, as two charactersthat wouldn't normally be seen together. Periodically, the host sounds the buzzer and requests audience suggestions for a different pairing.*

7)Audition: One performer plays the director of an upcoming musical while the otherthree audition. One performer must act, one must sing and one must dance. The title of the musical is usually a combination of famous movies (but we could use famous scenes from KH)(e.g. The Godfather from Greece, a combination of The Godfather and Grease).

~*~8)Foreign Film Dub: Two performers enact a scene in a foreign language (usually using accented gibberish) chosen by the audience, while the other two performers "translate" into English after each line. This often results in the translators putting the acting performers in compromising situations by translating their gibberish in embarrassing ways.

9)Scene to Music: The four performers enact a scene involving the style of background music played. Different styles of music would be played throughout the game. we could make themusic game themed music from other games, famous heroic music, sad music, etc. (ex: mario theme, indiana jones song, star wars song, etc)

10)Superheros: One performer superhero with an odd audience-suggested identity. He faces an audience-suggested crisis, and is joined by another performer. In welcoming this performer, he provides them another odd superhero identity. The third and fourth performers arrive in turn, and are named by their predecessors as well. Then, after the crisis is solved, the performers depart in reverse order. The superhero names are typically in stereotypical superhero form (e.g. [something]-man, or [something]-girl) with an unusual identifying characteristic or power.

11)Sound Effects: One performer enacts a given scene while a second, offstage, provides the sound effects vocally.

length: if this is the main idea for our skit it could last about 30-45min but we could make it shorter depending on what we would like to have and not

we will discus what we want for the games later once it gets closer to the actual date!

2nd idea:

after we have that, there would be different little sections of 5-6 people per group (or more if the game requires) playing games

example: in one corner there will be twister (someone from our group will be overlooking this session), in another corner will be monopoly (also having someone overlooking), in another corner "disney's scene it" (which could be played on my computer), in another part of the room we could have apples to apples, etc.
so maybe about 4 different groups, or however many we could comfortably fit in the room.

10 min group cycling

length: about 1hour or so total (so this will be the "fun time" with everyone joining and relaxing and ourtime to just chill and hang out as well.

here is the list of all the "whose line" games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_from_Whose_Line_Is_It_Anyway%3F

here are the list of some improvising games to warm up the crowd: http://improvencyclopedia.org/games/index.html

please comment in this form:

Whose Line: (list the games you would like to see)
Improv: (list games you would like)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
NOW! about the DANCE! it's 50/50 at this point because i have been told there is another person who is interested, but she is going to decide who has the best idea. (more like convenient) and this is what i asked of her to see what kind of ideas and ballroom dance she wants to see. these are the ideas that i told her that may work (and i of course let her know about the ideas we talked about today after the meetup with some of our group members)
(this is now the email part lol)

setting: this might take at either radiant garden castle or mickey's caste (depending on whether or not u like our walk on quick scenes), at a ball with the people (attendees) of radiant garden (kumoricon)
characters are from KH: birth by sleep (the recent new game)

dance music: here is a few of the songs that a few of us thought would be appropriate. hopefully you like this idea. it incorporates disney classic music (beauty and the beast, aladdin, pocahontas, etc. you name it) as well as some final fantasy (ff7,ff8, ff9, ff10 mostly cuz those are the ff that were in the game), and of course the wonderful orchestral KH music! we have a list of sooo many songs for the dance that you just have to love it! i mean who doesn't love disney classics? either instrumental or with voices (i think the intrumentals are absolutely beautiful!)

~song 01 (KH)~
~song 02 (KH)~
~song 03 (KH)~
~song 04 (KH)~
~pocahontas~
~beauty and the beast 01~ might be our starting song of the night possibly
~beauty and the beast 02~
~aladdin~
~little mermaid~
~little mermaid 02 (maybe the 2nd one instead of the 1st, tell me what you think)
~sleeping beauty~
~cinderella~
~final dance song~

there are other songs on this list as well:  "be our guest" (beauty and the beast) "wish upon a star" (pinnochio) "a dream is a wish your heart makes" (cinderella) "with a smile and a song" (snow white), "world on my own" (alice in wonderland), "go to distance" (hercules), "you'll be in my heart" (tarzan) [probably phil collins version], "i'm wishing", "some day my prince will come" (snow white), and there is a much longer list.

these are some of the ideas i and fallon thought about a bit, but we aren't sure because the director of programming was kinda iffy about skits to begin with cuz of the part of the dance last year that the ouran host club sat the audience on the floor (a NONO) and did their scene. so i told her more of a walk on quick skit while everyone is standing (like a real ball)! so read on to see what i had as an example:

opening: start off with the above opening song (or opening song), and hopefully get the party going by having the main host (terra) introduce the ball "welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Kingdom Hearts (and Kumoricon) Ball of 2011! We really appreciate you coming here tonight! Please enjoy yourselves to the lovely music, and the lovely people here and take an opportunity to be not just yourself, but someone else, and enjoy yourself! isn't this why we are here?" (lawl cosplayers) (or any corny funny line w/e we can think up of)

(music will be playing in the background softly during this scene kinda how a ball would be doing)
then one of the other hosts (ventus) will try to dance with another hostess (aqua) but will be doing it "wrong" or being a clutz then terra will face the crowd and kindly intercept and say to him "excuse me but may i?" faces the crowd and let's them know  "those of you who do not know how to ballroom dance. this is a simple example" and he takes over and starts dancing with the aqua, and the other hosts follow suit and then he will face the crowd again and let the "orchestra" (sound crew) know to cue the start of the ball's music "so let the dance.. BEGIN!" *cue in music* then ppl will start dancing etc have fun letting the dance flow so ppl can settle. (so anything like that there dialog will work)

middle of dance: there will be some of our hosts dancing on the stage (so we don't clutter the main ball floor and can keep an eye out for the crowd), and while they are dancing one of the hosts (terra) will zoom by running to the other end and exit, then another character (ventus) comes chasing after the other  "terraaa!" *runs off stage*, then the final host (aqua) comes jogging after the 2 others saying "i'm sorry! i didn't mean to step on your foot!" and exits.  so it'll make the crowd laugh a bit while they are dancing. (something funny i guess doesn't necessarily mean those lines)

"ending" scene: so when the last song is announced and finished, the 3 main characters and the rest of the crew will just say thank you to everyone for enjoying and having fun at the ball, and they have a good evening "and a funny quick saying like 'and may the darkness be with u" or something (i would looove to incorporate vanitas with that line sooo much right now lol cuz vanitas needs some love)

hopefully we get this. but either way, it'll be great just to be at kumoricon with you guys! thanks again!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:42:23 pm by luvan1me »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
~for later use~

Offline slaidninj

• Chibi
    • Facebook
looks good doe . Still have a bit to go though lol

Offline Yatterman

• Sailor Scout
Cool so are their going to be somewhat sneek peeks to new Kingdom
Hearts games?

just asking
Yatterman-2010
Squall Leonheart-2013

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
i know i have a lot of videos about the new games. and the secret endings as well. but i'm just not sure what they will be doing cuz i'm not entirely sure whether or not this team is going to still be functioning the same way. like same ideas or whatnot. i wish i could have a kh 101 panel cuz i think that would be much better to keep the fans informed with the games and such -.-"

Offline slaidninj

• Chibi
    • Facebook
hey doe am still in no matter what

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
I am too.
You can always rely on me!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
alrighty :)
i will be talking about this after the photoshoot on march 26th! so if you want to help in anyway, please let me know at the meeting after the shoot!

see you there :3