Author Topic: Halloween Costume Party ~ 10/31 [Eugene/Springfield] *CHECK FIRST POST*  (Read 33747 times)

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
I'm not sure if this plan is going to fall through or not. This is just an idea that I wouldn't mind being put into motion depending on how many people will be able to attend. That, and it's freakin HALLOWEEN! I mean, really. What better reason is there? 8D

So, I was thinking we could all meetup sometime during the early evening, either in cosplay or traditional Halloween costume, and go trick or treating in various neighborhoods together. My neighborhood is a hot spot for trick or treating and there's also a playground conveniently located closeby; so we can get away with plenty of shenanigans there~
We could also do something before that, like go to a haunted corn maze or haunted house. I was even thinking of throwing a party somewhere in there but that's a little iffy since my house is under a bit of construction and there could be limited space to play around in.

Now, the one concern I have is how late this is going to last. Some people who may be attending might live hours away; so I wouldn't want to inconvenience them by having to travel all the way back home late at night when they're tired. This is why I'm a little questionable about this whole plan; so that's why I'm merely putting this down as a big MAYBE.

SO, anyone intruigued? :'3

Actual Plan: After much thought and discussion, we have settled on turning this into a Costume Party that will be held in Springfield at Radien’s place (because he is awesome enough to be willing to host it).

So, what will happen is we will meet at Radien’s at about 4PM and start the festivities with music, snacks, games, Anime and non-Anime viewing, and of course having fun and socializing with each other.

[Note1: If some of you are planning on taking the bus to Springfield Station, Radien will be able to pick you up there. Just exchange contact numbers so that he’ll know when you arrive there.] He won't have the car that evening.

[Note2: If there are those who would be willing to provide snacks of any sort, it would be greatly appreciated. <3]

When it gets dark enough, we will go out Trick or Treating to other houses, specifically of those local otakus who can’t make it to the party. [If I’m talking about you, let us know so that we can drop by and say hi. :3] Radien (and maybe Wuntvor) will be driving some of us around as we go house hunting~

After that, we go to either the Haunted corn maze [at Lone Pine Farms in Junction City, $6 (adult) $4 (minor) entrance fee]
OR Hysteria City ($15 fee, no costumes allowed… which is stupid!) if some of us feel like it or can afford to go or not.
So, we can go to either the one furthest away that’s cheaper, or the one that’s really close that’s more expensive. We can take a vote.
This will most likely not happen.

Finally, after it gets late and things start to DIE down *shot*, the party will end for those who have to leave or continue for those night owls HOO are able to stay. *double shot*

XwX

»Date«
Sunday, October 31

»Time«
4 – 10PM/Whenever people start leaving

»Location«
Radien’s place, Springfield

Fill out this form so that we can keep track of how many are interested or able to come:

Name:
Costume:
Providing food Y/N:
VOTE - Corn maze or Hysteria City?:

V i c t i m s
~Steve [Radien] / Host Link - Chocolate chip cookies
~Fuyuko / Sebastian Michaelis – Tombstone cake
~Ellen [Genki] / Hungary - Chips and dip
~Fox [Oni Kitsune] / Vampire or bunny!Prussia
~Remsaverem / Loli or other
~Terry [Wuntvor] / Star Trek NG Lt Cmdr. - Pumpkin seeds and/or Microwave Popcorn
~Saki [Saki-the-cat] / Grell Sutcliff - Cookies or hot cocoa
~Caitlin [LtCommanderRichie] / 11th Doctor - Cupcakes
~Valeria [Malaria] / A microwave
~Jeni [JeniOctiva] / School girl - Candy and homemade cookies
~Taco [Hattsune] / Hinata Hyuuga
~Emasik / Telma
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:01:35 am by Fuyuko »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Trick or Treat Meet? [Location: Eugene]
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:38:49 am »
Have fun! I might dress up, but I will probably be doing something in my garden for the Samhain, & there is something (not fun, finance-related) I have to do overnight.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:12:20 am »
I'd go if i had a place to stay for the night... ;w;

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 06:20:42 pm »
I would, but I have a feeling I'll be handing out candy to hoodlums that night. Besides, I'm getting a bit old to trick-or-treat.

Offline Pots

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 06:27:36 pm »
XD I haven't trick-or-treated in about 4 years

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 06:37:21 pm »
Meh, i was too old for trick-or-treating 2 years ago xD I'm still planning on doing it untill i'm at least 20 xDD

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 07:42:30 pm »
@Rem: Oh how nice! Not the latter with the finance bit but celebrating Samhain. Those Celtic holidays are so neat. :3

@Saki: ;3; Oh right... I wonder if I can think of an alternative plan but I dunno atm. >3<

@Lt: Aw, but it's fun to play at a slightly older age~ You feel like a kid again which is such a wonderful feeling. Meh, that's just me. But handing out candy is a nice tradition too. The hoodlums would appreciate it. ^_^

@Pots: Hehe, you should consider trying it again! I was about 18 the last time I trickie treated and had so much funnn~ x3

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 07:51:41 pm »
@Fuyuko
Maybe you could convince your mom to let me sleep over just once? ouo Because i wouldn't really have any other option other than not going..

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 08:51:45 pm »
@Saki: Hrmmm, I don't have good feelings about that but I'll ask her anyway. >x<;;

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 08:52:43 pm »
@Fuyuko
Alright ;w; I really hope i can come.

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 08:46:02 pm »
WHOOOT, im pretty sure my group is still coming up!

CORN MAZE FTW!
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 08:47:50 pm »

CORN MAZE FTW!
I WISH I LIVED WITH YOU GAIZ SOMETIMES FFF

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 08:55:22 pm »

CORN MAZE FTW!
I WISH I LIVED WITH YOU GAIZ SOMETIMES FFF

SAME HERE, MI AMOR. <3333

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 08:57:13 pm »
Wah! I really hope i can go to this ouo

oslapedo

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 09:15:27 pm »

CORN MAZE FTW!

I'd gorgotten/didn't know about this but it sounds good to me.

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 09:21:33 pm »

CORN MAZE FTW!

I'd forgotten/didn't know about this but it sounds good to me.

Im pretty sure i told you about this but it ~was~ a while ago...

oslapedo

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 09:31:30 pm »
I remember it from a while ago but we haven't talked about it recently so I figured we weren't ~

INSTEAD OF TRICK OR TREATING CAN WE HAVE A COSTUNE PARTY PLEASE?

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 11:53:52 pm »
HRRRMMGRAH, if only my house wasn't so... crammed; then I'd totally throw a costume party. >3<

But yeah, Ageha, you and your group should totally come to whatever this is going to be! 8D

I just wish I had magical weather predicting powers so I can see what the weather will be like on Halloween. Then we can see if we'll be able to go to the corn maze (if we wanted to).

Oh and Saki, I haven't talked to my mom yet but I will... soon. Sorry for making you wait. >_<

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 12:07:27 pm »
@Fuyuko
It's alright ^^ We still have another month untill this happens, i don't mind waiting.

Also, I have a good feeling that it won't rain...Because i've been through 14 Halloweens and not once did that day have rain ^w^

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 02:18:38 pm »
Fuyu, didnt you say one of your friends was having a party or something like that?

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 03:04:07 pm »
Heh? Did I say that? o: I only recall mentioning my place and that my friend and I would host the parties there regularly.

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 05:06:07 pm »
i cant really remember but the hosting party sounds family so thats probably what i was thinking of. haha

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 09:24:08 pm »
Ah, ok then. x3

So so, I've been thinking about this whole plan and I really want to know what would be most convenient for everyone. Cuz anything that would work for you will most likely work for me (unless we're talking the house party plan which I should probably consult with my mom about to see whether it's really doable or not); so go ahead and mention anything that's on your guys' minds concerning the time, type of meetup place, and any other activities that you might want to do on All Hallows' Eve~

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: Trick or Treat Meet? [Eugene]
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 11:50:08 am »
Well...i'm not sure about the area around Eugene(because i've only been there once xD), but i wouldn't mind going to a haunted house for one of the activities owo

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 12:52:08 pm »
Unless he is canceling that week for some reason, Wuntvor's Anime Friday on the 29th is another place for Halloween-themed cosplay and treats that weekend. He has an amazingly huge collection of new fansubs from Japan I've never heard of, and takes requests.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 05:55:29 am »
I am totally interested in doing something on Halloween, but I am indifferent about trick-or-treating. As an adult I am daily faced with the challenge of resisting the urge to eat the Halloween candy before Halloween comes, and we tend to give out my favorite types of candy, so I am less interested in what other people are offering. :3

Besides which, emasik is talking about coming and visiting that weekend, so it'd be fun to have something more social than walking around.  I'm with Oslapedo; I vote for a costume party.  Don't worry about where it'll be hosted just yet.  We have plenty of possibilities.  I could even host it, if there's warning.  I'll have to deal with a clean-freak mother, but we have plenty of room to host.

Alternate Trick-or-Treat suggestion:

Instead of going around to random houses, why don't we find out who from K-con and/or the forums is going to be home on Halloween, then take a car around and visit their houses specifically?  It'd be more fun than bugging strangers in my opinion. ^_^

Also, I have a good feeling that it won't rain...Because i've been through 14 Halloweens and not once did that day have rain ^w^

Yeah, I've been through quite a few more Halloweens and I only remember one or two rainy nights, at most.

Also Saki, are you only counting the years you trick-or-treated?  I started when I was 5 or 6, I think... I just remember I was Peter Pan. (and I'm still cosplaying as green characters...) >///>
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:57:21 am by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 10:17:57 am »
...giggling at Radien's last line...
Until I was a teen, my parents had on the fridge a pic of me in my first Halloween costume: As a bunny, age 4, in my pink "footie pajamas" with a cotton-ball tail.

Then when I was in our high school variety show, my friends & I covered the original Saturday Night Live (1975 or 6) sketch, "Slumber Party" (8-year-old girls discussing the various rumors they had of where babies came from), & I wore pink footie pj's.

I still have a bunny costume....but it does not involve pjs.

If there's a costume party, I'll likely go, but a mobile entourage, probably not.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 12:17:51 pm »

Yeah, I've been through quite a few more Halloweens and I only remember one or two rainy nights, at most.

Also Saki, are you only counting the years you trick-or-treated?  I started when I was 5 or 6, I think... I just remember I was Peter Pan. (and I'm still cosplaying as green characters...) >///>

Acutally, i've been dressing up for halloween my entire life ^^;  But i remember as far away as age 4 and i don't recall it raining that year and up untill last year...so...i remember about 10 Halloweens that it hasn't rained ^^

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 12:46:43 pm »
...giggling at Radien's last line...
Until I was a teen, my parents had on the fridge a pic of me in my first Halloween costume: As a bunny, age 4, in my pink "footie pajamas" with a cotton-ball tail.

Then when I was in our high school variety show, my friends & I covered the original Saturday Night Live (1975 or 6) sketch, "Slumber Party" (8-year-old girls discussing the various rumors they had of where babies came from), & I wore pink footie pj's.

I can see why they saved it! That sounds really cute. Did you paint on whiskers and a bunny nose?  That would probably get you more candy. ;)

I haven't seen that particular skit but I bet I'd like it. The old Saturday Night Live sketches have a pretty good reputation.

And yes, I should mention that my second Halloween costume was Robin Hood, so seeing me choose Link as a cosplay is no big surprise......

Acutally, i've been dressing up for halloween my entire life ^^;  But i remember as far away as age 4 and i don't recall it raining that year and up untill last year...so...i remember about 10 Halloweens that it hasn't rained ^^

Even as early as 1? ;) Haha.

But yeah, I remember similar. The fact that I remember one or two rainy nights might have to do with a difference in age. >.>; Perhaps.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:50:37 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 04:01:18 pm »
No face makeup. Guess my smile sufficed :) I remember the candy lasting until New Year's Eve!

I have on vinyl the first "Not Ready For Prime-Time Players" album (recorded live from SNL). Still love it.

My college pal is in a comedy duo now that is famous enough that Garrett Morris performed with them!
("Frangela")

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2010, 01:36:11 am »
@Radien: I'm so glad to hear that there are other places besides mine for hosting a party! Thanks so much for offering your place as a possibility!!
Also, that's a great idea for an alternative trick or treat plan! If any of us still wanted to go trick or treating, we may be able to do that and maybe have the party afterwards or before (whatever works out). :3

So~ From the looks of it, the costume party is seeming more ideal to some of you; But how about other activities such as going to a haunted house or corn maze, etc? Or should we just stick with the party alone?

Speaking of activities, I found this pretty amazing event going on in Springfield called Hysteria City which is basically a building/"indoor city" containing FOUR haunted houses, vendors and performers. Not sure if we'll be able to fit that in with the plan but I think it's worth mentioning. 8D

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 02:35:36 am »
*sob* I NEED TO KNOOWWW! ;A; It's sounding more and more fun!!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2010, 06:55:16 am »
@Radien: I'm so glad to hear that there are other places besides mine for hosting a party! Thanks so much for offering your place as a possibility!!

Sure no problem. :) We have a parlor/living room and a second story in addition to the dining room which can be used entirely for entertaining.  Each has a medium-sized TV and enough space to relax with 6-8 people (more if they can sit on the floor/hearth, stand, or squish between people on the couch).

Also have a Wii and a PS2, plus older game consoles.

Also, that's a great idea for an alternative trick or treat plan! If any of us still wanted to go trick or treating, we may be able to do that and maybe have the party afterwards or before (whatever works out). :3

This may go without saying, but I'm all for it. :) Also, I can drive, but only if we have a solid itinerary (don't want to be all confused after dark).

So~ From the looks of it, the costume party is seeming more ideal to some of you; But how about other activities such as going to a haunted house or corn maze, etc? Or should we just stick with the party alone?

Speaking of activities, I found this pretty amazing event going on in Springfield called Hysteria City which is basically a building/"indoor city" containing FOUR haunted houses, vendors and performers. Not sure if we'll be able to fit that in with the plan but I think it's worth mentioning. 8D

I like haunted houses/corn mazes, but I was a little jaded by the last "haunted house" I went to. It wasn't haunted at all.  More like a house of bloody alien zombies and fake poop. And it smelled funny. >.>; But that was up in Portland, so I'm hoping Eugene still puts a little "haunted" in its houses and corn mazes.

Hysteria City looks promising.  As long as it isn't extremely loud or smelly and doesn't make constant use of strobe lights, I'm up for it. :) (Loud noises and strobe effects can make me disoriented and dizzy) ...And if it's bad enough I'll just wait outside, no complaints.

EDIT:  I'm trying to find out beforehand whether Hysteria City makes constant use of strobes.  There's no mention of it in their Q&A.  I want to call or email them, but I can't find an email address or phone number on the website. I will continue to look into it within the next week, but if anyone knows anything, I'd appreciate info.

Worst case scenario, however, I'd ask about it on-site and potentially wait outside with anyone else who has issues.

(I really, really hate Halloween strobes, and now more than ever because I have a medical condition that I didn't have last year...)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 07:08:01 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2010, 10:40:03 am »
I too avoid strobes, but I avoid haunted houses too. Anyway: I kindasortaish remember vaguelyish whereabouts you live .....(PM me if not posting here?)
What kind of hours are we talking about?
General cosplay or any specific theme?

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 01:09:17 pm »
Yayyy I was wondering if anything would happen to Halloween. I'm super late to getting to this thread. Whoa. Anyway, Fox and I will be here, and since Halloween is on an awesome day this year, we'll be able to do whatever~ XD<3

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 02:31:06 pm »
I too avoid strobes, but I avoid haunted houses too. Anyway: I kindasortaish remember vaguelyish whereabouts you live .....(PM me if not posting here?)
What kind of hours are we talking about?
General cosplay or any specific theme?

Yeah, there aren't too many good haunted houses.  But then, I'm not really into thrill-seeking, so even if they're effective, I don't enjoy it much.

I think Link would be more appropriate for Halloween. At least people recognize the costume.

Where I live?  Okay, I guess I need to post that publicly at some point.  I'll just post it here and edit it in a few days to remove it (paranoia about search engines).  If you don't get it, just PM me.  But please write it down now if you can.

2417 Ranch Dr
Springfield, OR 97477

Also: I often run into the problem that people consider this "far away." To anyone who says that: seriously, guys.  It's 15-20 minutes tops from anywhere in Eugene, and 5-10 from anywhere in Springfield.  And the only place from which it's 20+ minutes is the outskirts of Eugene.  Try driving around Portland sometime and you'll realize how short a drive that is.

It IS, however, inconvenient to get to by bus.  So if you need to take the bus, just look up how to get to Springfield station and don't worry about the rest of the trip.  I'd be happy to pick you up there and drop you off afterward, if you just figure out the schedule.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 03:00:09 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 02:31:57 pm »
Yayyy I was wondering if anything would happen to Halloween. I'm super late to getting to this thread. Whoa. Anyway, Fox and I will be here, and since Halloween is on an awesome day this year, we'll be able to do whatever~ XD<3
Fox from Chibi Room? She's awesome! As are you so yay.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 03:03:04 pm »
Okay, I'm still assuming we're going for Halloween night, but I wanted to throw this out there:

If anyone REALLY wants to, Saturday the 30th, the night before, is also an option.  But that would mean no trick-or-treating.  Oh, and I might as well mention: we live in a safe area for trick-or-treating if people really want to go around on foot.  I could be a "guide."

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 03:08:59 pm »
Okay, I'm still assuming we're going for Halloween night, but I wanted to throw this out there:

If anyone REALLY wants to, Saturday the 30th, the night before, is also an option.  But that would mean no trick-or-treating.  Oh, and I might as well mention: we live in a safe area for trick-or-treating if people really want to go around on foot.  I could be a "guide."

I know I can't afford to go to the Gorycon, so it wouldn't really matter to me if you move it, but some folks might be planning to go to it.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 03:16:17 pm »
Well now i'm confused :-\ I guess i don't care what the plans are as long it's on Halloween (i hate to sound like a b*tch about that, but still want to go Trick-or-treating and i'm not a fan of celebrating Hollidays before the acutal Holliday(like, i never open Christmas presents on Christmas eve or have a Birthday party a few days before my actual birthday)) =w=;; sorry...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 03:43:52 pm »
Radien: I invited Jeni & Taco (who were at my birthday party with us), & they are interested :) They will be there at Terry's with me tomorrow; hope you & others in the thread will join us!
I am thinking I will wear my new Columbia costume (thanks to Vampire_Kameko!). I had planned to save it for New Year's Eve at MEW, but I probably won't make it to MEW until Sunday, January 2nd, & also, for KC, I cosplayed Rachel from Glee, & for Halloween, Glee is doing a Rocky Horror episode! How sweet is that!!

Anyone have any very short red or orange wigs they no longer wear or would be willing to share?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 03:44:26 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 05:23:50 pm »
Rem:

The 30th is only intended as an option if everybody says "hey, that's better for me, I'd really prefer it."  If not the 31st is fine for me.

Well now i'm confused :-\ I guess i don't care what the plans are as long it's on Halloween (i hate to sound like a b*tch about that, but still want to go Trick-or-treating and i'm not a fan of celebrating Hollidays before the acutal Holliday(like, i never open Christmas presents on Christmas eve or have a Birthday party a few days before my actual birthday)) =w=;; sorry...

I understand you're not a fan of it, but you'll find that for Halloween in particular, unless they don't have kids, adults have to celebrate it early, because on Halloween they're stuck either handing out candy or taking their kids out trick-or-treating.

I don't have kids, but I find that most of the adult costume parties I go to are held the weekend before Halloween.  This is common for Halloween in particular because it often occurs in the middle of the week, since the holiday is not set on a specific day of the week.

So, sorry, I don't think you're being a "b*tch," but understand that costume parties for adults are rare and we often have to be flexible in order to attend one. This is frustrating for adults who like costumes, and it's better to celebrate early than not at all.

Rem:

That's awesome. Amanda did Colombia at K-Con 2009 so I know what she looks like. I looked up pictures anyway so I could check her hair.  I have a red wig that might work, but Colombia often slicks her hair back, 1920s style.  I'll see if I can bring it tomorrow.

Apollo Justice

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 09:14:31 pm »
Raaaahh, too many ideas! It's hard to come up with a single solitary plan. Quit thinking of so many! I'm looking at you, Radien... >A> (lolz, I kid. Keep 'em coming, people!)

Personally, I'd rather have the event on Halloween just for the sake of celebrating the holiday on its proper day but it's really up to the majority of you guys. :3
As for the activities, I'm down with the costume party and I believe most of you are as well; And I think we can somehow fit trick or treating in there... 
I tried researching visitable haunted houses in the area but only came across Hysteria City, hence why I brought it up.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2010, 09:38:10 pm »
Raaaahh, too many ideas! It's hard to come up with a single solitary plan. Quit thinking of so many! I'm looking at you, Radien... >A> (lolz, I kid. Keep 'em coming, people!)

I'm sorrryyyyy.... ;A;  I try to be helpful by offering people options. This makes me not a very good "leader." But I can lead out of necessity, so if you want something more definite, how about this:

* We meet at my place at about 6:00 and have a snacky sort of potluck. Perhaps order pizza beforehand and just bring a few things to go along with that.  At some point I'll go to  the Springfield bus station and pick up anybody who is taking the bus.  All the while, we hang out and watch DVDs (I have some new anime box sets unless someone has a good suggestions for something else), eat, and play board games, card games, video games.

* Once it's fully dark, we spend an hour trick-or-treating. Perhaps drive to a house or two if we can find some otaku friends to visit.

* After that, we go to Hysteria City if people want to.  I expect by this time it'll be 9 or 10pm, so we'd move on sometime after 11pm.

* Lastly, we go back to my house and continue with games and food and socializing (and eating candy) until people want to go home.  I'll drive the bus-riding people back to the station when they need to go.  We can go until at least midnight if people are still enjoying themselves, if not later.

Does this sound like a good collection of everything everybody wanted to do, and enough time to do it?...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:44:32 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 10:43:41 pm »
@Radien: No no, you're cool! I was just getting a little overexcited over all of these awesome ideas; wanting to do them all, as well as thinking of what would be best for everyone. I'm glad there is at least someone here who is more straightforward in planning than I. Sorry about that. xD;

As for that... amazingly mapped out plan, *in awe* I totally think we should go with it! It has a bit of everything that we want to do; so that's one vote from me! My one and only concern is for those coming from afar, and by that I mean like an hour or so away from the Eugene/Springfield area... cuz I wouldn't want anyone to go home too late. ><

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2010, 11:47:43 pm »

I'm sorrryyyyy.... ;A;  I try to be helpful by offering people options. This makes me not a very good "leader." But I can lead out of necessity, so if you want something more definite, how about this:

* We meet at my place at about 6:00 and have a snacky sort of potluck. Perhaps order pizza beforehand and just bring a few things to go along with that.  At some point I'll go to  the Springfield bus station and pick up anybody who is taking the bus.  All the while, we hang out and watch DVDs (I have some new anime box sets unless someone has a good suggestions for something else), eat, and play board games, card games, video games.

* Once it's fully dark, we spend an hour trick-or-treating. Perhaps drive to a house or two if we can find some otaku friends to visit.

* After that, we go to Hysteria City if people want to.  I expect by this time it'll be 9 or 10pm, so we'd move on sometime after 11pm.

* Lastly, we go back to my house and continue with games and food and socializing (and eating candy) until people want to go home.  I'll drive the bus-riding people back to the station when they need to go.  We can go until at least midnight if people are still enjoying themselves, if not later.

Does this sound like a good collection of everything everybody wanted to do, and enough time to do it?...

That sounds wonderful, but we might want to do games/party/potluck during the day and start it in the early afternoon if i'm going to be able to do this ;w;

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2010, 12:30:35 am »
I will most likely attend the festivities.  I am a bit old for trick or treating, but I can escort those who want to, and I can also provide another source of transportation for anyone who needs a ride.

I am not sure what I will wear for a costume this year.  My cosplay takes a lot of preparation. I do have a Next Gen StarFleet uniform I could wear....  I've lost enough weight I think I can fit in it again, maybe.  I can always just wear my Mithril uniform from FMP.

I have an idea for something else fun we may all want to partake of.  Anime themed pumpkin carving!  Those of you who know me, know that I do an anime themed pumpkin every year.  I enter them in the contest on Anime News Network.  I have even won some prizes.  Who is up for carving some anime themed pumpkins and having a pumpkin carving contest of our own?  I haven't really thought about what the prize for winning would be, any suggestions?  That is, of course, if we do it at all.  I am also open to suggestions for this years pumpkin.   ;D

I can also bring along anime to watch if you want to.  I am planning to have a Halloween themed Anime Friday, the Friday before Halloween.  I have all of the DeathNote live action movies, as well as many horror based anime.  Blood+, Elfen Lied, Hellsing Ultimate, etc.  If Radien has a TV that I can plug a HDMI into, we can watch pretty much anything, or I can bring some of my DVD's.  I also wouldn't mind playing Munchkin.  Radien, you have Munchkin Bites don't you?  I don't remember for sure.   :-\
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Re: Halloween Costume Party ~ 10/31 [Eugene/Springfield]
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2010, 05:50:46 pm »
That sounds wonderful, but we might want to do games/party/potluck during the day and start it in the early afternoon if i'm going to be able to do this ;w;

That actually sounds like a better idea. If we're going to have pizza, then we might as well start at 4 or so. I'd like to officially adopt your suggestion. :) Or did you want it even earlier? Are you busy later in the evening?

I have an idea for something else fun we may all want to partake of.  Anime themed pumpkin carving!  Those of you who know me, know that I do an anime themed pumpkin every year.  I enter them in the contest on Anime News Network.  I have even won some prizes.  Who is up for carving some anime themed pumpkins and having a pumpkin carving contest of our own?  I haven't really thought about what the prize for winning would be, any suggestions?  That is, of course, if we do it at all.  I am also open to suggestions for this years pumpkin.   ;D

I can also bring along anime to watch if you want to.  I am planning to have a Halloween themed Anime Friday, the Friday before Halloween.  I have all of the DeathNote live action movies, as well as many horror based anime.  Blood+, Elfen Lied, Hellsing Ultimate, etc.  If Radien has a TV that I can plug a HDMI into, we can watch pretty much anything, or I can bring some of my DVD's.  I also wouldn't mind playing Munchkin.  Radien, you have Munchkin Bites don't you?  I don't remember for sure.   :-\

Anime-themed pumpkin carving sounds great, but can we do it earlier this month instead?  Carving pumpkins ON Halloween seems a waste since everybody puts their decorations up well before Halloween. Perhaps you meant to imply that.

I rarely bother to carve a pumpkin, but it would be so much more worthwhile if we made a mini-party out of it.  I'd be up for it.  And I know a bit about pumpkin carving techniques and knife safety, too.

As for the party, sure, bring your favorite DVDs and the group can pick.  I am indifferent about whether or not we watch spooky shows.  I just want them to be good -- the details are secondary.  Not a big fan of horror, though.

Unfortunately, we don't have a digital TV or anything HDMI capable. :-\

I have regular Munchkin, Munchkin: Fairy Dust, and Munchkin: Waiting for Santa, but the base set has been misplaced.  I am looking for it.  No, I don't have Munchkin Bites, but I DO like it.  I would own it if I had infinite money.  :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 05:59:28 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2010, 06:12:44 pm »
@Radien: So, does this mean we are officially going to have the party at your place? Cuz I'd like to confirm it with you to make sure it's alright, as well as the time and other activities mentioned. :3
Also, I want to put up the specific details on the first post of this thread so that others will be able to get an idea of what's going on here.

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 06:22:26 pm »
Hehe yeah, knowing for sure would be awesome~

4 sounds okay to me anyway~ I have some stuff to do earlier in the day, so we probably wouldn't get there right then, since it'll probably be getting over around 4-ish. XD