Author Topic: 2011: Hetalia & SatW (Please Post Your Photos, and Thank You! <3)  (Read 391666 times)

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2000 on: June 12, 2011, 12:26:11 am »
Yeah, it just doesn't make sense that they gave Cuba and random black guy #1 dark skin while Spain and even Seychelles AFRICAN COUNTRY WTF remained Caucasian... That deserves an explanation. :|

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2011: Hetalia & SatW
« Reply #2001 on: June 12, 2011, 01:00:52 am »
Yeah, i'm pretty sure the Studio Deen were just being tards. I also might want to mention the infamous "Denmark derp face" before we get into anything else.

Seriously, wtf happened to his face? And where's his hat?

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
    • I'm not here I'm on Tumblr
« Reply #2002 on: June 12, 2011, 03:25:52 am »
^ To be fair, they're all missing their hats in that picture.

His face, however, I have no clue.
Tumblr | Next Con: Fanime
.:As:.
☆ Porrim Maryam ☆ Mami Tomoe ☆
☆ Roxy Lalonde ☆ Jade Harley ☆
☆ The Disciple ☆ Aradia Megido ☆
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2003 on: June 12, 2011, 11:14:37 am »
Yeah, it just doesn't make sense that they gave Cuba and random black guy #1 dark skin while Spain and even Seychelles AFRICAN COUNTRY WTF remained Caucasian... That deserves an explanation. :|
Yeeeah, it's kind of awkward.

Spain, well, there are a lot of pale Spaniards (the king and prime minister, for example), so I can see that, but Seychelles. . Yeahno.

Cuba's weird too, in that only 10% of people in Cuba are black. The majority are Hispanic.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:17:01 am by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2004 on: June 12, 2011, 01:03:06 pm »
I know right? I actually thought Spain and the original drawings of Spain were two different people at first. It's bizzare on how unnaturally pale he is in the anime.

Some Spaniards are pretty pale.  There was a Spaniard at my school during my sophomore year, and she was paler that I was, and I'm mostly English and Scottish.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2005 on: June 17, 2011, 01:35:17 am »
I know this is sort of a silly question, but does anyone know where i could find a pair of PJs (That are around $20) like the ones Sweden is wearing in this picture?
http://satwcomic.com/bedtime-drama

EDIT: Also, does anyone have like, ANY pictures of the back of Sweden's shirt? I'm curious to know weather it has the flag design on the back, or if it's just the front.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:19:35 am by Saki-the-cat »

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2006 on: June 17, 2011, 08:53:40 am »
Goodwill is your best bet.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2007 on: June 17, 2011, 06:20:33 pm »
Seychelles AFRICAN COUNTRY WTF

Like almost the entire continent, Seychelles was once a European territory.  Since the population is as small as it is (the lowest in Africa, I do believe...), it would make sense that many Seychellois are not as dark-skinned as their Seychellois ancestors.  Other than someone (possibly) having the opinion that she'd look better this way with the clothes she has compared to a darker-skinned version, this is the only logic I can see for why they did what they did.  (I for one think they should have had her dark with her dress primarily green).

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2008 on: June 18, 2011, 12:04:49 am »
Well, I was speaking in terms of Himaruya's original character design. Seychelles had dark skin; so it was a bit silly that the animators gave her fair skin instead... Not that it's a big deal to me. It's too late to switch her skin color now. I'm just one who values keeping justice to the original design. :3

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2009 on: June 18, 2011, 10:42:00 am »
Seychelles AFRICAN COUNTRY WTF

Like almost the entire continent, Seychelles was once a European territory.  Since the population is as small as it is (the lowest in Africa, I do believe...), it would make sense that many Seychellois are not as dark-skinned as their Seychellois ancestors.  Other than someone (possibly) having the opinion that she'd look better this way with the clothes she has compared to a darker-skinned version, this is the only logic I can see for why they did what they did.  (I for one think they should have had her dark with her dress primarily green).
Actually, the African Seychellois are very dark-skinned still.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2010 on: June 18, 2011, 10:56:45 am »
^ Some of them are, yes; in fact, from what I've read, about 70% are still pure Seychellois.  This was merely a theory that I had, one that I didn't even really support.  I think an animator or editor made this decision.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2011 on: June 20, 2011, 05:43:13 pm »
Most of them are. You can be mixed race and still have skin darker than a tan.

I imagine it's the worshipping of pale skin in Japan that caused them to make that decision. Oh, Japan.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2012 on: June 20, 2011, 11:14:49 pm »
^ Yeah, I suppose that's a logical assumption...

Wait a sec, didn't one of the dating sims introduce her as a light-skinned character?  Maybe the animators chose to go that way because of the game...?

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2013 on: June 20, 2011, 11:18:59 pm »
Well that would still lead to the same questions and answers for our previous discussion on why they made her light-skinned in the anime.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2014 on: June 20, 2011, 11:28:10 pm »
I suppose so...

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #2015 on: June 23, 2011, 08:41:32 pm »
Hey I wanted to update: IF I go, I'll be bringing Poland (Hetalia), and Sister Finland (SatW) and NOT Ukraine.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2016 on: June 23, 2011, 09:55:10 pm »
Poland! Yaaay! <3

|D Also, my relatives have taken the burden of teaching me Polish upon themselves, so I can speak it. Kinda. NOT AS GOOD AS MALARIA'S RUSSIAN, THOUGH.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2017 on: June 23, 2011, 10:10:21 pm »
Sister Finland \o/

Miria: pffff
Maybe your uni offers Polish classes?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2018 on: June 24, 2011, 12:55:44 am »
They don't. ): -already checked-

We have a family friend who teaches at the UC nearby, though? And almost all of our family friends are Polish, except for the Russian and German ones.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #2019 on: June 24, 2011, 09:12:41 pm »
I took German in High School and I kinda wish I had taken a couple classes in college so it wouldn't be as rusty as it is. I can hold my own in a conversations and ask for directions but that's about it.
I kinda want to learn Russian and/or one of the Scandanavian languages.

Offline The L.Avator

• Cabbit
« Reply #2020 on: June 24, 2011, 11:05:21 pm »
im going to be a fem!germany. :3

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2021 on: June 25, 2011, 01:58:00 am »
I took German in High School and I kinda wish I had taken a couple classes in college so it wouldn't be as rusty as it is. I can hold my own in a conversations and ask for directions but that's about it.
So. . Was hast du vergessen? Ich habe kein Deutsch bis eine Monate gesprochen, so mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut wie es war. ): Ich moechte auch Russisch lernen!  :D

. . Well, you said you can hold your own in conversations. |D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:58:37 am by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #2022 on: June 25, 2011, 01:16:41 pm »
So. . Was hast du vergessen? Ich habe kein Deutsch bis eine Monate gesprochen, so mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut wie es war. ): Ich moechte auch Russisch lernen!  :D

:P Warum lasst du mich deutsch sprechen? Meine Familie bist deutsch aber keinen von ihnen sprechen deutsch, so habe ich niemand sprechen Sie mit. Ich kann noch deutsch lesen.

Werden sie meine Pruessen?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2023 on: June 25, 2011, 05:41:00 pm »

:P Warum lasst du mich deutsch sprechen? Meine Familie bist deutsch aber keinen von ihnen sprechen deutsch, so habe ich niemand sprechen Sie mit. Ich kann noch deutsch lesen.

Hahaha, wirklich? Meine Familie ist Polnisch! Wahnsinn. UND WIR KOENNEN DEUTSCH SPRECHEN. ES IST GUT FUER DIE GESUNDHEIT (waaaas?).

Warum nicht! Aber ich muss dir abmahnen, ich habe ein Oesterreich auch (und ein Ungarn). Jetzt brauchen wir ein Russland. Abtrennung j/j?
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #2024 on: June 25, 2011, 07:19:03 pm »

Hahaha, wirklich? Meine Familie ist Polnisch! Wahnsinn. UND WIR KOENNEN DEUTSCH SPRECHEN. ES IST GUT FUER DIE GESUNDHEIT (waaaas?).

Warum nicht! Aber ich muss dir abmahnen, ich habe ein Oesterreich auch (und ein Ungarn). Jetzt brauchen wir ein Russland. Abtrennung j/j?

Ja, wir sind deutsch, englisch, und norwegisch (was?). Es ist gut zu kennen die spreche der nachbarn/eroberer.

Ja, wir brauchen ein Russland. Ich weiss nicht, ob mein Freund bringt ihr Russland deises Jahr.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2025 on: June 25, 2011, 08:50:08 pm »

Ja, wir sind deutsch, englisch, und norwegisch (was?). Es ist gut zu kennen die spreche der nachbarn/eroberer.

Ja, wir brauchen ein Russland. Ich weiss nicht, ob mein Freund bringt ihr Russland deises Jahr.
Haha, toll! Und ja, es ist sehr gut. :)

Falls bringt sie es, es sehr toll waere ist!
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline PoPiPocky

• Oni
« Reply #2026 on: June 27, 2011, 07:31:30 pm »
I'm gonna be there as Amore Mio!England for day 1 and HetaOni!England day 2 (I'll also bringing an Italy to cosplay with me).

I can't wait for the con this year xD
(There's another PJ party right? Which day is that?)

(btw, this is TuxedoDawg's new account.)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2027 on: June 27, 2011, 07:56:07 pm »
(There's another PJ party right? Which day is that?)
Unfortunately, no. Yagi's and my plans are really complicated this year, and we really, really didn't feel like filling out a panel form, so no PJ party.

Plus, people have applied for something like three? four? Hetalia panels. I think it's a little gross to flood the schedule with events for only one fandom.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2028 on: June 27, 2011, 08:03:29 pm »
No PJ party?? D:
I guess it makes sense though. Hetalia has really taken over the cons. Two photoshoots, a dinner, and four or so panels should be plenty xD

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2029 on: June 27, 2011, 09:10:39 pm »
Sorry guys. We're all partied out. : ( We'd also really appreciate it if no one tried to pick it up without us 'cause it's our baby. Fed on our blood and tears and all.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline PoPiPocky

• Oni
« Reply #2030 on: June 28, 2011, 06:36:33 pm »
Aww xD Well best wishes for a PJ party at a future con~.
I still have some of the best memories from the PJ parties in 2010(Sakuracon & Kumoricon).

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2031 on: June 28, 2011, 07:02:18 pm »
I'm probably still going to walk around the con floor in my PJs as a Hetalia character anyway =w= Just for the heck of it.

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2032 on: June 30, 2011, 03:19:00 am »
(Double post)

This is a little random, but i've finally seen a few really good pictures of Female Russia and now i really like her...Seriously, i normally hate Genderbends (Weather it be male to female or female to male), but Female Russia is amazingly pretty.

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #2033 on: June 30, 2011, 03:38:05 am »
Nyo!Russia is so damn cute.
Also, I'm officially going to be the tallest Prussia you will ever seen. I got my Nyo!Prussia boots.... Yeah. Oh jesus, I'm tall.
K-con 2015-
Lamento: Asato
KnB: Aomine Daiki
TnC: Gunji
Possibilities-
Something from persona, something from SNK, possibly DmmD?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2034 on: June 30, 2011, 04:34:57 am »
Fffffffffff, Saki-sempai, why we doin' all the same cosplays? except I kinda dropped fem!Prussia. .
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2035 on: June 30, 2011, 10:54:52 am »
Saki: I'm curious, how tall do they make you?

Cat!Saki: She is, but I think all the Nyotalia girls are. So I don't know how much it's worth. |D
Also, I can't figure out if this outfit for Fem!Russia is official or just glorified fanart. :I

Fffffffffff, Saki-sempai, why we doin' all the same cosplays? except I kinda dropped fem!Prussia. .
ಠ_ಠ
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2036 on: June 30, 2011, 12:59:06 pm »
Saki: I'm curious, how tall do they make you?

Cat!Saki: She is, but I think all the Nyotalia girls are. So I don't know how much it's worth. |D
Also, I can't figure out if this outfit for Fem!Russia is official or just glorified fanart. :I

ಠ_ಠ
. . Oh, I wasn't supposed to? orz

Oh, and because I wanted to ask you but you weren't on at 4 am this morning: How is succession coming?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:55:50 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2037 on: June 30, 2011, 05:09:59 pm »
ಠ_ಠ

Oh, and because I wanted to ask you but you weren't on at 4 am this morning: How is succession coming?
Bah. If you feel you need to, you're the one who pays for your own cosplays.

. . . Technically I was awake, but I have no clue what I was doing at the time. Also, Answer: Still waiting for the money needed for all that fabric. If they haven't gotten their act together and gotten them out by the first week of July, I'm going to see if Mimi'll lend me some from her Idaho-ian account~
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2038 on: June 30, 2011, 05:17:37 pm »
ಠ_ಠ

Bah. If you feel you need to, you're the one who pays for your own cosplays.

. . . Technically I was awake, but I have no clue what I was doing at the time. Also, Answer: Still waiting for the money needed for all that fabric. If they haven't gotten their act together and gotten them out by the first week of July, I'm going to see if Mimi'll lend me some from her Idaho-ian account~
I actually don't need to. |D I just had no idea what we were doing and if you still wanted me to do it. I can drop Kallen and move her to next year.

Ooooh. D: Alright.

EDIT: Guess what, I'm still cosplaying her. Just bought my garrison cap.  8)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:44:03 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #2039 on: June 30, 2011, 11:07:29 pm »
I'm about 6'5" to 6'6" In the boots. ^^;
I just love her outfit. I couldn't resist. I'll.... just take pictures on my knees or something.
And pffft! I don't know, Miria, I don't know.
I'm actualy doing nothing in my signature now. =.=
I don't know how this happens.
Fem!Pru. Fem!Den, Tavros, and Gakurn!Lithuania. In the girl's uniform. Because one of my Poland's said so.
>>
K-con 2015-
Possibilities-

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2040 on: June 30, 2011, 11:38:37 pm »
I just love her outfit. I couldn't resist. I'll.... just take pictures on my knees or something.
And pffft! I don't know, Miria, I don't know.
I'm actualy doing nothing in my signature now. =.=
I don't know how this happens.
Fem!Pru. Fem!Den, Tavros, and Gakurn!Lithuania. In the girl's uniform. Because one of my Poland's said so.
>>
I'm using a fanart version, the same that Jaqua used a few years ago, because I prefer it. /shot'd Or has he come out with an official version yet? I dunno, I stopped paying attention years ago~

YOU SHOULD DO PRUSSIA, FEM!PRUSSIA, AND SUCCESSION!PRUSSIA INSTEAD. AND WE COULD BE TWINSIES.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:55:59 am by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2041 on: June 30, 2011, 11:45:07 pm »
I LOVE JAQUA'S FEM VERSION
MOSTLY BECAUSE I LOVE JAQUA?

anyway. go for it. More militant asskicking version, less overly feminized clothes and behavior!
all my feelings about the official genderbends right there.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2042 on: July 01, 2011, 12:55:42 am »
ERRYONE LOVES JAQUA

Haha, yeah. I already ordered the garrison cap and the shorts, and I have everything else.  :D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
« Reply #2043 on: July 01, 2011, 03:22:58 am »
I actually don't need to. |D I just had no idea what we were doing and if you still wanted me to do it. I can drop Kallen and move her to next year.

EDIT: Guess what, I'm still cosplaying her. Just bought my garrison cap.  8)
ALL RIGHT~ When in doubt, ask somewhere/anywhere, but what's written down is happening no matter what. Everything else is up in the air. 8D
Except apparently, Applejack is put off until after con entirely.

Also, awesome~

I misread that as 5'5" to 5'6" the first time. Whoops~
I can see how
My fem boots'll only make me 6' even. Which would normally irritate me, helps me fit in better, I guess.

Also, angles and levels are godsends.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:23:15 am by Shi_no_Akuma »
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #2044 on: July 01, 2011, 02:36:02 pm »
I'm using a fanart version, the same that Jaqua used a few years ago, because I prefer it. /shot'd Or has he come out with an official version yet? I dunno, I stopped paying attention years ago~

YOU SHOULD DO PRUSSIA, FEM!PRUSSIA, AND SUCCESSION!PRUSSIA INSTEAD. AND WE COULD BE TWINSIES.

I WOULD. *I probably could orz*
Buuuuuut. I'm keeping a promise! 8D I love it when I can actually do that.
K-con 2015-
Possibilities-

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #2045 on: July 01, 2011, 05:57:39 pm »

EDIT: Guess what, I'm still cosplaying her. Just bought my garrison cap.  8)
ALL RIGHT~ When in doubt, ask somewhere/anywhere, but what's written down is happening no matter what. Everything else is up in the air. 8D
Except apparently, Applejack is put off until after con entirely.

Also, awesome~
-looks at signature- YeahIhaven'tupdatedthatinaboutayear. |D

I misread that as 5'5" to 5'6" the first time. Whoops~
I can see how
My fem boots'll only make me 6' even. Which would normally irritate me, helps me fit in better, I guess.

Also, angles and levels are godsends.
only 6'

only 6'

ONLY 6'

Shiites and Sunnis and Kurds, I need to find 5" boots now. orz THANK YOU, SHI.

I WOULD. *I probably could orz*
Buuuuuut. I'm keeping a promise! 8D I love it when I can actually do that.
Keeping promises is good! That's what I'm doing! For once.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:37:50 pm by MiriaRose »
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #2046 on: July 01, 2011, 08:36:57 pm »

Keeping promises is good! That's what I'm doing! For once.
8D I'm not good at it either. >>U
K-con 2015-
Possibilities-

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #2047 on: July 01, 2011, 11:22:53 pm »
So, I'm coming into this very late ... but yes ... Hi there!! I will be cosplaying as Canada... mostl likely World Conference Canada, as well as his Parka Version and Red Hoody!!!
This will be my first time at Kumori Con, so I'm pretty excited, and looking forward to meeting new people (even though I'm incredibly shy in person LOL)
My sister will be Cosplaying as Russia!
Anyway, I am excited to meet some fellow Hetalia Cosplayers from the Pacific Northwest (anyone else coming from Canada? I'm from Vancouver Island)
Possible Cosplays for Kumori Con 2012
Pirate!England, Canada, Romano, and/or Australia from Hetalia
Male Blood Elf Mage (Levi) from World of Warcraft

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2048 on: July 01, 2011, 11:31:24 pm »
Oh my. A Canada from Canada?? How positively awesome! :'D  I can't wait to see your cosplay at Kumoricon.

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #2049 on: July 01, 2011, 11:38:40 pm »
Oh my. A Canada from Canada?? How positively awesome! :'D  I can't wait to see your cosplay at Kumoricon.
Haha, Yes... that would be me!! A Canada from Canada XD
Possible Cosplays for Kumori Con 2012
Pirate!England, Canada, Romano, and/or Australia from Hetalia
Male Blood Elf Mage (Levi) from World of Warcraft