Would you like studios to add more in DVD extras section

Yes
7 (77.8%)
No
1 (11.1%)
I don't watch such things
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: DVD extras  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Imposer12

• Cabbit
DVD extras
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:29:58 pm »
Are you like me and think the character galleries, trailers, outtakes from dubbing sessions, etc are some of the best features on a DVD? Realizing that times are financially hard on all of us (purchasers and studios). Still it would be nice to have such things, many times I go by the trailers when deciding what series to buy.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 07:56:50 am by Imposer12 »

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Re: DVD extras
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 07:27:12 pm »
I think trailers are a necessary evil. What I prefer in anime DVDs are things that happened in Japan. Creating the animation, watching the cast work together to create the voices of the characters. I find it more interesting than one person in a box. It's more like old time radio plays.

What would really make me happy, is to have simple easy to guess DVD commands. I HATE having to guess, and having no idea what is going on, as far as navigating the DVD menu. You can tell they assume everyone has perfect color vision.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline RokusasuKun

• Cabbit
    • Tumblah~
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:09:06 pm »
For me, I really like the commentaries and outtakes more than I should sometimes, so those are two things I look forward to (plus getting the DVD itself, of course) <3

Offline Zangetsu

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 11:54:26 pm »
I can't be the only one that thinks anime extra's have been lacking lately. I bought the dvd's of Haruhi Suzumiya about a year ago and there is so much stuff on there it's crazy. But I just recently bought Bleach Season 5 and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Vol. 2 and I thought the extras were really disappointing.
Woah!

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 12:00:49 pm »
Lacking? Pfft. You haven't seen lacking until you bought the Gundam Unicorn Blu-Ray. It has one episode of Gundam Unicorn-- one-- and nothing else. No extras, no nothing. What a waste.

As for what I like to see... Well, I enjoy previews, so that's my main thing. Honestly I don't watch too much else like cast interviews and such... Though I do like to see character biographies, outtakes, deleted scenes, and things like that.

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)