Author Topic: Sign ups for Kumoricon Cosplay Mafia (All Welcome!)  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:53:52 am »
Welcome! This thread is the sign-ups for the first unofficial game of Kumoricon Cosplay Mafia.

Now, you may be asking, since when was there a mafia made of cosplayers? There is no such thing, so feel free to rest easy. "Mafia" is a face-twitch game in which people are assigned roles that can are good or bad, but only the person knows their role typically. This game is often a short 10-minute game in which decisions are haphazardness and are often based on personal prejudice. This game is also played on the internet using private message systems to convey secret information. However, the Kumoricon Cosplay Mafia defies both of these descriptions. For it will be played, in real time...

For those unacquainted with mafia, here is a handy dandy interactive movie that teaches everything you need to know.

IT'S A FLASH!

However, as noted, this mafia is played in real time which will make the rules slightly different. The following is a nice schedule-like explanation to describe how this will go.

-Sign-ups will be performed here in this thread and close when either the player limit is reached or until the 28th of August.
-Between Sign-up closing and Kumoricon, I (being the Game Master) will create a set of Private Messages that will be sent to the players informing each individually of their role in the game and what that role entails. I will also with that message ask for a response as to what your first action will be.
-There will be an assigned meeting time set for the first day of Kumoricon and at this meeting, the first actions will be revealed in a humorous and epic way and one or more people will be voted dead.
-We will then break and enjoy the con that day and at anytime, you may find me (I'll have a sign) and give me your 2nd action. (If you can't find me or don't have the time, you can just send me a message.)
-Rinse and repeat Day 2
-Repeat Day 3 and Winners will either be announced at one final meeting or here in the thread. If we meet, I may dish out prizes, but that depends on whole other circumstances.

Now, enough technical stuff. Let's get signing up!

If you would like to join our fun little game, just post giving me the following information

Planned Cosplay(s): (Specify which cosplay for which day.)
Availability: (What times on each day can you meet to vote? It's okay if you aren't coming on a day. I'll give you results, you just won't be able to vote. Also, if you are unsure, just say so.)
Preferred Method of Communication: (Private Message, etc. So that I may give you information you missed or were unaware of. I.E. "Somebody blocked your kill!")
Favorite Anime Merchandise: (For the lulz. :3)

As well, post any comments and questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them!

Signed-Up:
1. FateChooseMe
2. lover-of-the-pepsi
3. Harucha

(As a brief note, this cannot run with less than 18 players, so tell your friends too!)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:54:11 pm by Shout »

Offline FateChooseMe

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Sign ups for Kumoricon Cosplay Mafia (All Welcome!)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 11:32:00 am »
This is cool I'd totally love to join.

Planned Cosplay(s): Magnet Miku - Day 1, Day 2. Wendy Testaburger - Day 0, Day 2 (At three for a shoot only), Day 3.

Availability: I am avalible almost all the time. On day two I have two photoshoots from 2 to 4, so I am busy then. Also I am in a skit, I will let you know what times those are once it gets closer.

Preferred Method of Communication: Private Message, or cellphone. I will give you my number in PM's, just remind me.

Favorite Anime Merchandise: Uhh.. My wallscrolls. XD
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 11:47:12 am by FateChooseMe »
Cosplay;
SeeU - Vocaloid3
Trainer (Dawn) - PKMN Plantinum
Namine - TWEWY

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 10:52:59 pm »
Planned Cosplays: Bianchi from hitman reborn, and ciel phantomhive when he crossdresses from black butler (i'm not sure which day i'll do what though.....

Availability: I'm available pretty much the whole time, except for when i do a skit.....

Preferred Method of Communication: same here, private message or cell, which i can give my number through private message.

Favorite Anime Merchandise: lunchbox and plushies ^.^
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline Harucha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 06:17:33 pm »
This sounds awesome! The game of my childhood and cosplay? FFF YES.

Planned Cosplay(s): All from Axis Powers Hetalia. Hungary, Southern Italy, and Casual!Sweden. Days to be decided. Probably Hungary Day 1, Romano Day 2, Sweden Day 3. I might be switching around depending on mood.
Availability: I'll be there for all three days for most of the day. Say.... 10 am to 11 or 12 pm? Days 1 and 2 I have photoshoots. 1 pm start time for both.
Preferred Method of Communication: PM and Cell phone.
Favorite Anime Merchandise: Manga herp derp.
Possible '11 Cosplays?
NONE. College has gotten in the way and I will not be attending KCon '11

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 03:13:26 am »
Planned Cosplay(s): Day 0: The Dream (AKA the little dude) from Alice Human sacrifice
Day 1: L from death note for half of the day, then change into Rin Kagamine (With a road roller) From VOCALOID
Day 2: Under the Darkness Gakupo from VOCALOID.
Day3: Rin Kagamine (With a Road Roller) from VOCALOID
I will also be wearing VOCALOID Namine for the Rave and Something else for the masquerade
Availability: I have a Photoshoot on day 0 sometime after 4:00 pm, and another on Day 1 at 2:00 I'm also in a skit. And I really don't want to miss opening and closing ceremonies.
Preferred Method of Communication: PM, contact my friend's Cell (I don't have one)
Favorite Anime Merchandise: Nendoroid Figurines

I'm going to try to get my friends in on this, they love this game!
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 04:05:11 am »
Planned Cosplay(s): Luck gandor day (photoshoot) Mori day one and two harry potter day three
Availability:anytime is good just give me a PM
Preferred Method of Communication: PM
Favorite Anime Merchandise: candy.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 04:52:17 pm »
Planned Cosplay(s): Penelope (Hamtaro) - Day 1, Magnet!Luka (Vocaloid) - Day 1, Sasuko (Naruto) - Day 2, Draco Malfoy (A Very Potter Musical) - Day 3, Either Draco, Penelope, or Young Luka (Just Be Friends) on Day 0
Availability: Any time when I don't have a shoot... >.>
Preferred Method of Communication: Text message...
Favorite Anime Merchandise: Plushies and figures. o 3o

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 12:38:01 pm »
more people need to sign up.

Come, and you WILL have fun.......
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 12:44:16 pm »
Unfortunately, I think it's too late. I would need some time to figure out roles and schedule things, and I think a week is just simply not enough time. So, perhaps next year. :(

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 02:36:59 pm »
darn. but, this way we have plenty of time to make it awsome for next year  :)

Offline Vexenification

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 02:54:49 pm »
Yeah, that stinks. We'll we shall get it next year!
Fem!Eleven, Vexen, Animal Crossing
#Richard Brooks was Real