Author Topic: Maid Squad 2010 -- NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!!  (Read 6799 times)

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
Maid Squad 2010 -- NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!!
« on: July 11, 2010, 05:35:35 pm »
oyos

its not really my place to do this but if we don't at least have some kind of volunteer sign-up now, then it will be far more messier later on... (in other words: mods, please don't chew me out for making a sign up sheet even though i'm not the maid manager... where is alex anyways?)

i stole this from alex's sign-up post from last year, nothing has really changed...

The general guidelines to be a maid are:

1. The costume can be any color. While on duty, if you have a weapon it is going to have to be left in your room or at the con office.

2. Must be family appropriate i.e. the hand rule for skirt length.

3. You must attend a yojimbo training session (which will start when the con is closer). Technically, we are the cuter yojimbo, where our uniform is maid and theirs is a red haori. Training sessions usually are at the general meetings.

4. If you could, please send me a photo/sketch of your costume. Or just tell me who you are going to be.

5. If you are a guy that is going to dress up as a butler, it must be extremely well designed and classy.

The type of duties that you can be assigned are:
-Holding a place in line for up to 5 minutes for someone to go to the bathroom
-Handing out water
-Keeping the line straight
-Finding disabled people and moving to the front of the line. Currently the first 3-4 seats are reserved for the disabled, VIPs and staff. When handling a disabled that has a large group of friends, you can sit them within the 5-10 first rows. Remember, please also have respect for the people that have been waiting first in line when placing the disabled. Also the disabled need to be placed on the outer edges of the rows towards the doors, as to not obstruct the entering/leaving con goers.
-A couple of you will be holding signs at the entrance directly where the VIPs need to go.
-Walking VIPs to and fro from events and sitting with them.
-When registration closes, one maid will have to stand at the end of line and make sure no one else get in line.
-During registration, maids are going to be also handing out the forms and pens so they can be ready when they get to the counter.
-You should know the layout of the con, so if anyone has a question/problem you can direct them. Most importantly, the restrooms, con office, lost and found, registration, and the info desk.

extra info when you sign up:
1. availability; which duties/events are you willing to be available for? (even if not for the whole duration)

2. are you able to attend a yojimbo training session before the con? we know that some people live to far away to just drop on by to do this kind of thing... if you can't attend one, will you be at the con the friday night before the con?

3. were you on maid squad before?

even if you can only help out for one shift or event, please sign up. thanks.

angeline
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:03:27 pm by kiichain »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
Re: Maid Squad 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 07:30:54 pm »
Does signing up for Maid Squad get you a free staff badge? :3
Also, if I were to sign up, would it interfere with participating in the karaoke contest, or the skits?

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 08:09:17 pm »
And I've got nothing to do, so I'ma fill this out for funsies~

- Name~ Shailyn Sooter
- Maid~  Maybe.
- What times you can work. Whenever I'm needed, as long as it doesn't interfere with the contests I'm in.
- Were you a maid last year? Nopeeeeeeee~

Cosplay Contest: Can't!
Cosplay Chess: Can't!
AMV Contest: Yes~!
Masquerade Dress Code Checker: No problemo~
Concerts: I would love to.
Sake Tasting: Eep, no.
Always Registration in mornings: Yes'm!

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 08:37:38 pm »
Does signing up for Maid Squad get you a free staff badge? :3
Also, if I were to sign up, would it interfere with participating in the karaoke contest, or the skits?

oyos

unfortunately no, maid squad volunteers do not get a free staff badge. its regular registration/badge, but there are perks for volunteering.

the most common duty for maid squad is helping with lines and ushering. once the schedule is out, you can pick which events to help out with so that you don't miss out on the events you participate in. the requisite when doing maid squad is that you are in maid costume, so if you are participating in the cosplay contest and have to wear a different costume for the skit/showcase, then you don't have to help out during that event. however, let's say you are doing the karaoke contest, you could help out for that since its only during the seating that you would be needed to help, and then after seating you would do the contest. with a few exceptions, maid squad duties occur before an event takes place to help with lines and ushering... to my knowledge, registration and the sake panel would be the only jobs that require ongoing help throughout its duration (registration shifts are broken down to 1~2 hour shifts, and sake panel is restricted to 21+ volunteers and a valid olcc)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 08:47:47 pm »
Oooh, thank you for all of the information~!
I don't mind paying for a normal badge, but it would've been nice~ ;33
For the Karaoke contest, I have an outfit I'm wearing, so as long as I have time to change before hand~!
I would absolutely love to be a part of the Maid Squad this year! *u*

And what're...um...the perks, if you can say? x3

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 09:29:39 pm »
Are there any other Kumori meetings coming up, that will have maid training sessions?

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 06:01:05 am »
oyos

maid training will be done with any yojimbo training. those training sessions basically go over the rules and guidelines for the con, and how to handle situations if any occur. while we focus on helping people and ushering, we still have to do 'security' and keep an eye out for rule breakers. sometimes it takes a less intimidating figure (cute maids) to diffuse a situation better~

check the yojimbo training, which i think also happens with the meetings though there are a few outside of the meetings. if you can't attend any of those training sessions, i will do a crash course for everyone friday late afternoon or evening before the con starts.

Offline LexManos

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 12:59:13 pm »
There is a meeting coming up on the 7th and 22nd. And there should be a Yojimbo training, as well as a hotel walk through. So I suggest you show up for that.

Maid Squad is a god send (and anyone else who helped)! We <3 ya!

From the last numbers I got, we have a good showing sofar, but we always need more staff/volunteers!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:04:32 pm by LexManos »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 01:06:35 pm »
kiichain - Thanks for all of the information~ :33 I can't wait to be a part of it.

LexManos - Oh, awesome, that's good to hear! I should be able to make both of those.

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 08:29:03 pm »
oyos

wow... i keep forgetting that i haven't put up my own info~

Name: Angeline A.
Maid: Female maid Kakashi (original design)
Experience: maid squad for last two years
Availability: very flexible, but still thinking about if i'm gonna try some contests
*already committed to serving at sake panel since i have an olcc

we can still use more volunteers to sign up now~! if you are even wearing something loli-esque, it'll be workable because we are gonna try and keep some spare aprons on hand. so if you are interested, even if you can only help for one or two shifts/events, please sign up ^_^

on a plus note, i've finally heard back from alex<3 she'll be making it this year but will be a little late... at least she'll be here~

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 01:14:22 pm »
Cool~! > u <
I got my maid dress, and I'm all ready to help out.
Can't wait~

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 09:02:58 pm »
oyos

hey peoples!! kumoricon is coming up fast~ we need to get more volunteers to help out! even if you are simply going lolita, we can supply you with an apron to make it 'maid-like'

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
Re: Maid Squad 2010 -- NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 09:41:01 pm »
If you need more people I'll bring my Magenta Costume just in case and
be prepared to run around with you hun! ^__^
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 08:23:08 pm »
hi ang! haven't had a chance to get the info but at times i have a few cosplayer volunteers who will be helping me (aka my brothers and husband where threatened with no con spending money or food ;)) with some of the Vip things I have planned, they have all been former staff who just staff or yoji,I don't know what i could call them tho, as they are cosplayers  I have been thinking my older brother is red engineer  I could make a small red and yellow apron and some cat ears ...
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 07:54:14 pm »
oyos

jaz<3 *glomp* my only request if you try to throw them into being a maid is that you make it as cute as possible given that they are guys... making red engineer look as much like a maid... i don't know how well that would work, because it takes more then an apron to pull off 'maid'. unless you do an apron that has a frilly faux-skirt? that might work... i'd have to see a design or photo of what you can do with your bro.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 11:46:49 am »
as I can't really see them as cutesy I will utilize then for my vip projects,
 For some reason I was thinking since they are volunteering as vip support it would have to be under maid squad but think I just misunderstood my talk, loud hallways are not the best for clear conversations.  So friday I will intro them to you so you know they are helping with vip stuff and not cosplayers in the way if that makes sense
(I have been working on really neat ideas for the VIP's this year its going to rock:) )

it would have been a red half apron with a yellow wrench on it and a pair of yellow + red cat ears, which is the characters colors and would match might do anyway ...just to make my older brother a maid

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 07:40:39 pm »
I had a question for this, in regards to doing it in 2011

Do volunteers who do this, but still want to attend this event, just get to sit in whatever seat if left for them after letting the line in first?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012