Author Topic: Sakura Con 2011 (Apr 22-24) [schedule added]  (Read 85824 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Sakura Con 2011 (Apr 22-24)
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2011, 10:12:15 am »
I'm in a room with five people and it looks like it is going to be 100 total each. We are staying at the Sheraton :D However, I am getting a ride up with someone so I said I would pay my share of gas and parking so that is going to be about another 100. Still, 200 for room and parking isn't horrible. I got 400 for tax returns so I am good.

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2011, 01:34:53 pm »
For those of you looking for a little bit cheaper (I think?) hotel option, I highly recommend checking out the Seattle La Quinta. That's where my group and I stayed last year and I thought it was a great hotel. It's 7 blocks from the con center, but it's a straight shot and not bad at all. (Didn't even think it was that far away!)

They won me over with free coffee in the lobby. Glorious, heaven-sent free coffee.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Squirrel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2011, 02:23:58 pm »
-flail-

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2011, 06:13:16 pm »
For those of you looking for a little bit cheaper (I think?) hotel option, I highly recommend checking out the Seattle La Quinta. That's where my group and I stayed last year and I thought it was a great hotel. It's 7 blocks from the con center, but it's a straight shot and not bad at all. (Didn't even think it was that far away!)

They won me over with free coffee in the lobby. Glorious, heaven-sent free coffee.
I second this! They have complimentarty breakfast too!! It was yummy, and it isn't very expensive. The only problem was walking. There were some scary hobos (they looked like dealers) that we had to walk past a few times and they tryed to talk to us, but when we ignored them, they shut up.

This year I'm staying at the Red Lion which is a block away. Its about $400 for 2 nights, with 4 people in the room. That might be with the added parking costs, but I don't remember.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2011, 06:56:58 pm »
The only problem was walking. There were some scary hobos (they looked like dealers) that we had to walk past a few times and they tryed to talk to us, but when we ignored them, they shut up.
This is the huge problem for me in Seattle. I can find everything, I can make friends with random people really fast but I can't stand the homeless. Poverty is a decision that costs you. Period.

If the people I know there think that's bad, they should see all the fake homeless from here to Seatac. When I'm pestered by one of these bums I can feel a large part of myself die. If you were to slit my throat you'd get shot in the eye with boiling blood.

It would melt your face clean off...:/
This year I'm staying at the Red Lion which is a block away. Its about $400 for 2 nights, with 4 people in the room. That might be with the added parking costs, but I don't remember.
5th ave? That place is great but wow it's gone up recently. It was $150/night when I was last there. Be nice to the staff and don't talk to the first guy in the hall. You know after the first time you open your mouth that he hates amateurs that ask directions. At least the neighborhood won't give you any problems. All the food joints are on the middle floor and there's coffee across the street. It's paradise. <3
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:58:30 pm by DaemonForce »
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #255 on: March 01, 2011, 08:48:59 pm »
I think the best part about Sakuracon for me is showing up in an unfamiliar city 200 miles from home with nothing but $20-$30 and a backpack with a couple changes of clothes, and somehow managing to thoroughly enjoy myself and not wind up sleeping on the streets every time.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Squirrel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2011, 08:26:43 am »
I dont think i have a ride there Dx

Offline 66stripedboots

• Chibi
    • da
« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2011, 04:05:35 pm »
I dont think i have a ride there Dx
you could always take the train or ask on the sakuracon forums : )
i dont think i have a room Dx but im still way excited to be going !!

Visit my DA! http://butteredtoasttt.deviantart.com/
●▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬●
K-Con Cosplays ☆ {{Panty from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt<10%> ☆{{Kirigakure from Ao No Exorcist <10%>☆{{Ex-Boyfriend from Just Be Friends <10%>

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #258 on: March 03, 2011, 10:51:17 pm »
Well, now we're waiting for the Finance Committee to approve the budget request; they met today and CHOSE not to vote on it until the next meeting, despite my pointing out to them that the pre-reg cutoff is the 20th.  The reason is because they "wanted more information" even though I was there to answer questions, as was one of the students in the club.

Why are some people stupid and why do they end up in charge of money?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2011, 12:42:19 am »
Why are some people stupid and why do they end up in charge of money?
In your case I would say what's going on is either a lack or conflict of interest. Possibly lack of respect as well. People appear intellectually stupid when they dismiss a sound idea as invalid, unproductive, wrong or simply cannot process it in a way that others can. Speaking of someone or directly telling someone they're stupid isn't kind or polite but I don't believe it's acceptable to call people on such(or at least without proper definition on what's going on), so I try my damndest not to. It's hard. It's so very f'ing hard. :-\

Anyway, here are my 3 main rules of this world that most people agree on:
1. All people are stupid.
2(elaboration on 1). People will do anything.
3(elaboration on 2). People are about the same everywhere.

I'm still working on my thesis on this subject and it doesn't look too great for those that can't process it so I refuse to post a small summary. Instead I'll try to break it down in nice small little words for everyone:

We acknowledge that there are smart people. They're still stupid but they have very little of it that plagues them. Therefore, someone has to be at the very bottom of the bell curve. They can look pretty, have a great voice, be kinder than your ex but it doesn't skip the fact that they lack understanding, sense and just plain suck at every kind of clever. This bottom is a minority but they still manage to populate the world enough to where I somehow manage to meet a number of them daily. These are people that just don't get it, completely oblivious to the world around them. They are just that f'ing stupid. These people are why there are laws in place to prevent such endangered creatures from killing themselves. They must exist as a valid warning to everyone else around them.

Middle class of stupid is a bit more interesting to me. It might be you, probably a few or even all your friends. It could be your Finance Comittee too. It's not so much an infection of bliss because these people manage to figure out when something is wrong and they don't usually hit oblivion as quickly. Some rebel against everything they see and hear, others try to conform like awesome little lemmings and sometimes do incredibly stupid things to validate their borderline meaningless existence in a badly designed social structure. Speaking of which, your FC likely fits some sort of acceptable social standard and that's why they're given control of money. You might think this says something bad about you but it's probably not as bad as you think. Think of it this way: Be glad you're not the one screwing it up for everyone. :/

The last class is too rare. They're the ones that own you and everything you do. They maximize and push their strengths to the limit and dismiss all the useless boring crap that weighs everyone else down. They understand the limits of themselves and others enough to know how to use them. They also attract quite a following. Some are religious figure heads, cult leaders, influential people...They have it. They have zazz. They are usually self-important and carry an atmosphere of dominance.

That's about it. I notice that some really stupid people are the ones that are quick to judge based on behavior. This can be dangerous. I find it easier to keep an eye on those that I suspect are a bit too stupid and keep my mouth shut about their behavior unless they really are in some kind of danger. I know this information probably won't help your efforts with your comittee meetings but at least you'll have a better understanding that their problems aren't your fault. Like I said, some people are given the tools and information but can't process them. From what you described, your comittee wants information but isn't willing to give any of their time to go over any of it. It doesn't seem related to intelligence but for what it's worth, I'm sorry.  :-\

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2011, 03:06:04 am »
That doesn't at all answer how the stupid annoying people end up with the power over money... xD

New guest announced for the cooon~ Yay! And, I didn't notice this before, but the commercial contest winner was picked too apparently.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2011, 06:53:58 am »
That doesn't at all answer how the stupid annoying people end up with the power over money... xD
See what I mean? It's difficult for a normal brain to process because it catches on fire and explodes so fast.

I assume the comittee is populated by the common majority of middle-classed stupid. If you read slowly enough you'll realize that these are people that constantly try to compensate for their own behavior with massive conformity or flat out reject everything. They do this because they realize when something is wrong. They follow what others think is cool, create a massive gaping hole between what's right and wrong(often with no opinion on grey area so they maintain a strong political agenda) and probably participate in some sort of hate group to feel better about their own worthlessness. The majority of people can't get enough of this crappy behavior and they put these idiots in charge. That is why they are given control of money. Not because they are good accountants or have a great work history or no criminal record...Because they compensate.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2011, 08:03:53 am »
So, um, yeah... Sakura Con?
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2011, 08:13:08 am »
I'm just about completely prepared. I only need a wig and I'm done~
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:14:45 am by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #264 on: March 04, 2011, 08:33:49 am »
Oh my gosh I have so much to do! And so little time/money ;~; Or worse, I have the money but I can't use it until I make a paypal, I can't make a paypal until I open a checking account, I can't open a checking account until I have a debit card, I can't get a debit card until I have my permit.
Which is happening tomorrow morning, so with any luck I can take care of all of this by next week.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #265 on: March 04, 2011, 08:54:37 am »
^ Ouch. (>.<) My sympathies on all the paperwork... I hope that it doesn't get in the way of you guys getting ready in time?
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #266 on: March 04, 2011, 09:11:27 am »
I'm somewhat lucky in that my mom works at the credit union we have accounts with, so she can take care of most of it. It's just the waiting part, ugh.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #267 on: March 04, 2011, 09:43:09 am »
The mention of paperwork reminds me I need to renew my D.L. sometime before sakura... Definately before Kumori or I can't go anywhere from August on... lol ^^; I should really call and look into that.
Kumori'15

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #268 on: March 04, 2011, 09:56:04 am »
I am slowly hacking away at my progress. After tomorrow I will be able to get a lot more little things scratched off my list and able to move on to the bigger more time consuming things.

Also something that came up that will hinder me a little is apartment searching and gathering things I will need once I move :D

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #269 on: March 04, 2011, 11:15:31 am »
I like having a bro that works for a Hilton, we are getting a room there for like, 30 bucks a night with tax.

I still can't make any cosplay progress until spring break comes up, but I ordered some costume stuff off the internet though. That's about it.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2011, 02:42:40 pm »
Sakura Con?
I have everything but the costume I've put into planning from last year finished. I'm this close to just getting draft materials and starting the patterns. I've been looking forward to my first Sakuracon for years now and I'm not letting this get in the way. If I don't finish this, it will simply be at AX or Yaoicon. I'm not going to half-ass it. Period.

I tried convincing some of my friends to go with me but all they ever do is freak out about money like a scared puppy. I'm not about to drag that along when this is a chance for me to NOT think about it. Every bad experience started with people that would only worry about money all the damn time. I'm not going to let that drama find me again and I'm looking forward to raiding the artist alley at first chance. ;D
I have the money but I can't use it until I make a paypal, I can't make a paypal until I open a checking account, I can't open a checking account until I have a debit card, I can't get a debit card until I have my permit.
I used Paypal for preregistration but why would you need a checking account? I signed up years ago without one and it works fine. Can't you just go into a local bank, preload a gift card and associate the number in Paypal? Yes you can. It's faster and you wouldn't be rushed to sign up with some crappy bank that will make you a fee slave. Is there a fee involved? Likely. Does it screw you like a bank account? No. One guy didn't understand this and he's always flat broke because of it. Before him there's a girl I once looked up to that's constantly in debt because of bank fees. She can't even close her account(s) without her mom stepping in to foot half a paycheck.

Also, I don't know what this has to do with you needing a permit but you should be able to get your license. A basic Class C is nothing major. A CDL is a different matter. Read the book, then read it again. :/
I am slowly hacking away at my progress.
*bounces* I want a progress thread. <3

(Removed personal attacks per forum code of conduct.  ~randompvg)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:06:30 pm by randompvg »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #271 on: March 04, 2011, 03:20:54 pm »
In your case I would say what's going on is either a lack or conflict of interest.

I think it's more of the lack of interest; but what would make sense to me is most of them probably have no idea what a convention IS (or at least what they're like).  A few years ago, we were denied funding for a trip to Anime Expo, simply because there's a convention in Portland.  This issue wasn't pointed out, so I think they just have no idea what's going on, all the more reason why I think they should have asked more questions than just "What will you be doing at this convention?"  Also, out of the 6 or 7 requests from other organizations that were mentioned, ours was the smallest quantity of money and the one that had the first time-crunching deadline.

To an extent, I will agree with this.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2011, 04:04:36 pm »
I think it's more of the lack of interest; but what would make sense to me is most of them probably have no idea what a convention IS (or at least what they're like).  A few years ago, we were denied funding for a trip to Anime Expo, simply because there's a convention in Portland.
Uh, what goes on in Portland during the summer? o_O
This issue wasn't pointed out, so I think they just have no idea what's going on
This makes sense now. It may have been an issue of omgwtfiduncare and funding(READ: greed) on their end so they tried to point you in a more local direction just so they had some say in the matter and not completely submit to your idea.

I have no idea what goes on in PDX during the summer though. It's kind of shocking they would try to redirect your attention at the last minute like that. I can picture this going something like the creeper twins from Saboten-con. Come play with us Daemon! Forever, and ever...and ever. x_X'
To an extent, I will agree with this.
That's the way most people agree. :/

(Removed more back-and-forth stemming from personal attack.  ~randompvg)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:12:30 pm by randompvg »

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2011, 04:18:59 pm »
ANYWAYS.
Sakuracon! It's soon, and I'm excited because I have finally pre-registered and have started buying all my wigs one by one. :]

(Removed more back-and-forth stemming from personal attack.  ~randompvg)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:15:25 pm by randompvg »
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2011, 05:39:42 pm »
-Comes in doing a happy dance.- Well everything's going great for me. I got my list ready to print up as far as I know my costume set-up and I'm putting money away for Sakuracon. All I can say is life is good.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 06:27:55 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2011, 06:18:35 pm »
I think it's more of the lack of interest; but what would make sense to me is most of them probably have no idea what a convention IS (or at least what they're like).  A few years ago, we were denied funding for a trip to Anime Expo, simply because there's a convention in Portland.
Uh, what goes on in Portland during the summer? o_O
This issue wasn't pointed out, so I think they just have no idea what's going on
This makes sense now. It may have been an issue of omgwtfiduncare and funding(READ: greed) on their end so they tried to point you in a more local direction just so they had some say in the matter and not completely submit to your idea.
Kumoricon happens during the summer. You know, the convention that this forum is for?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:50:33 pm by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2011, 06:33:04 pm »

I guess I still have some other work to do for Sakuracon besides costuming. Some people are harder to get ahold of than I am. Especially the important ones. That's a technical impossibility too.
ALl i can say is life is good.
Planning is going well for me but there's little execution involved. I just wish I could do something about the end of April so that I don't end up in any trouble with the legislative panels. It's like above, give stupid people the power and you end up in a swiss cheese house of the damned. The last thing I need during Sakuracon is to be called for something that I can't attend here. I'm not taking a train back to Lewis during a day of photoshoots just for 2 hours of case briefing that isn't going to apply to me or the other 5. x_X

(Removed another personal attack, and more back-and-forth stemming from the first one. For Pete's sake...  ~randompvg)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:33:53 pm by randompvg »

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2011, 06:54:48 pm »
Katie I hope things go well with your paypal >A< they are veryyyy useful (orz I had same problemos with my mommy tooooo but its totally worth it :D)

I am going this yeaar so excited
>A< gotta pre reg tomorrow

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2011, 06:58:23 pm »
I can't wait to open my own Paypal! I wanted to open it a few months ago but it wanted me to be 18 so I was like "whatevs" and just waited.

I'll have to be careful not to buy too much lolita stuff now that I actually can hahahaha.
Oh by the way! I talked to Shannon and I think we're going to stop for Slurpees at some point on the way up to Seattle! My treat. I haven't had a Slurpee in forever until Haley and I got some when we were working on the play and now I am so addicted.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2011, 07:06:24 pm »
Oh by the way! I talked to Shannon and I think we're going to stop for Slurpees at some point on the way up to Seattle! My treat. I haven't had a Slurpee in forever until Haley and I got some when we were working on the play and now I am so addicted.
8DDDDDDDDDDDD
super excited now

Offline Squirrel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2011, 07:37:56 pm »
Ahmaigawd guess wut~ o vo~
IMMA FLAIL IN SUPER FREAKING EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!! :DD

Everyday it gets closer i get more and more butterfly's in my belly c:

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2011, 10:59:49 pm »
Kumoricon happens during the summer. You know, the convention that this forum is for?
I thought it was in the Fall and in Vancouver WA. Looking at the equinox I can see you're right about the Summer but is this the only fun thing in the Portland area at that time? Wow.
I can't wait to open my own Paypal! I wanted to open it a few months ago but it wanted me to be 18 so I was like "whatevs" and just waited.
I still don't get this. Has the policy changed so much in recent years that you're legally incapable of registering? This doesn't make sense. :/

In other news, I just found out I won't be at Sakuracon. The first time in 3 years I actually have a chance to go to this and once again Lewis finds a way to screw me hard. I doubt this ruling can be changed when I'm #1 on call. Great. I didn't think it was possible to hate this place any harder.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2011, 11:08:04 pm »
Well in the past few years Kumoricon has been in Portland, and a lot of places consider early September to be part of summer.
Also if you're under 18 you can either lie about your age or use an adult, but I figured it would just be easiest to wait two months and not have to hassle with lying.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2011, 11:39:29 pm »
i pre - ordered ~ 8D i'll be eighteen by the con sooo its all good.
my friend wont butttt- we have his sisters place to stay at which is right in town~
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #284 on: March 05, 2011, 04:18:10 am »
Another issue with Paypal I encountered before I got mine was I needed to have my debit card on it or it wouldn't work. It'd have to be my debit card or a credit card (not happening), or I'd have to link it to my bank account directly (also not happening). My safest route I choose was hooking the paypal to my debit card. It was really easy to modify the mailing address too when I move, and it was CAKE and I mean CAKE to change the card on there when my first one went poof and I had to deactivate it and put on the new one. That makes me really like paypal for the ease of that.

Pfft pretty much every year since 07 it's been kinda cold at Kumori, so I just think of it as fall. We got a lil sun in 08 I think, and last year, but in 07 it was waaaaaaaaarm one of the days. ^^
Kumori'15

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #285 on: March 05, 2011, 03:11:39 pm »
Also if you're under 18 you can either lie about your age or use an adult, but I figured it would just be easiest to wait two months and not have to hassle with lying.

I agree with this.

Offline Chan_Highwind

• Chibi
    • Chan's Facebook
« Reply #286 on: March 05, 2011, 04:01:02 pm »

I agree with this.

I am Chan Highwind, and I approve of this message!
Part of DoNotWant and RPOD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #287 on: March 05, 2011, 04:40:49 pm »
Also today I passed my permit test~~~~ So tonight I'll fill out everything for the debit card, get it turned in on Monday, and have my Paypal set up by the end of the week!

In Sakuracon related stuff, my costumes are actually starting to come together, which is awesome. Once I get the two wigs I need, I'm going to be mostly set.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #288 on: March 05, 2011, 06:36:57 pm »
Today, I was looking at the materials I still need to buy, and I figured out that I can still probably afford to make DWC Miku for Sakuracon!! Yay! I'm still unsure if I can afford to make the goat legs, but I know I can make the dress for sure. It all depends on if I can work in the next few weeks or not.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #289 on: March 05, 2011, 06:53:39 pm »
Are you not working tomorrow?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #290 on: March 05, 2011, 07:12:39 pm »
I still don't know yet xD

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #291 on: March 13, 2011, 01:47:27 pm »
so - i have cosplay chess on sat' for the main game ~ and the meeting on the friday.
anyone know w great excuse for school? XD
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #292 on: March 13, 2011, 05:34:09 pm »

I'm gonna use 'out of town for family reasons' myself, and hope no one gets too nosy.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #293 on: March 13, 2011, 06:12:22 pm »
Treat it with the lack of dignity you would have for a job that disrespects you and everyone.
*pulls out some awesome Ferris Bueller skills...*

Out of town with family.
All day appointment. <-I can suddenly drop this one and it works
Bad reaction to medication(hives?)
Babysitting because parents are disorganized crap. <-I was actually forced into this once

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2011, 06:49:25 pm »
_Sitting in easy chair.- Hmmm, hmm-hmm, hmm counting down the days until Sakuracon begins.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2011, 06:51:29 pm »
One of my friends who knows nothing about anime knows EXACTLY how many days until Sakuracon because I keep flailing at him about it.

...Perhaps I'm a little excited.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #296 on: March 14, 2011, 10:52:22 am »
^ Ya think? :D

Well, we should be finding out once and for all today if we're going or not.  The woman told me that she'd let us know on Friday, but I've been told that she wasn't around on Friday.  She's scheduled in today, though, so we should know by the end of the day.

Update: We've been denied.  The reason stated as being: it's not "educational."  Okay, learning about Japanese culture, the anime industry, and meeting people from around the WORLD aren't educational?  Well, this will give us more money to work with to possibly go to another con next year, or go to Sakuracon without school aid.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:42:02 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2011, 12:30:50 pm »
herp derp. I'm pre-reging tonight~

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #298 on: March 23, 2011, 04:58:49 pm »
All day appointment.
Traveling out of town with family (because of Easter).

I'm so excited for it! ^^
Kumori'15

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #299 on: March 27, 2011, 03:32:25 am »
I just go with "out of town for the weekend to do some volunteer work for a charity" myself.  It's true (although a few details are withheld) and pretty hard for anyone to argue with.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>