Author Topic: 2010 PHOTO SHOOT SCHEDULE (CLOSED)  (Read 32013 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2010 PHOTO SHOOT SCHEDULE
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2010, 04:11:14 pm »
Well, I meant just meeting there. I don't expect the One Piece group will be very large, so it shouldn't cause much of an issue. We'll probably relocate elsewhere.

Should I change it?

Definitely change it, at least to the 2nd floor above the lobby. And just meet there with no intent to stay; definitely plan on going somewhere else.  The 2nd floor this year will be busier than last year, so it's going to be a constant uphill battle for staff to keep it clear. We don't want to give the Hilton hotel staff a reason to step in again; they tend not to be as gentle about it.

The One Piece group may be expected to be small, but it will be a more positive experience for *you* if you avoid meeting in the lower lobby, because you won't have people asking you every two minutes not to stand around.

Jamiche, I'm hoping that's what you or Operations staff would say. I realize you're pretty busy this week and probably don't want to deal with too much of this right now.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:13:19 pm by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2010, 07:28:17 pm »
Its what I would say, at the very least.

And so eloquently put!

-Ally
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2010, 07:47:13 pm »
Its what I would say, at the very least.

And so eloquently put!

-Ally

Why thank you! I'm glad I was on the mark.  I witnessed two photo shoots last year and went to Rant and Rave, so I heard what the problems were at the Hilton last time.

(I fear it's going to burst at the seams this year...)

P.S. -

Another cosplayer suggested outside the ballroom entrance in the basement for a place to have a photo shoot, citing that it's much less busy down there and it has open corners where people can be without blocking traffic.  It worked pretty well for last year's Smash Bros. photo shoot, but I don't know how much foot traffic there'll be this time.  Would you consider that a viable location this year?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 07:51:21 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Spifferiffic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2010, 09:38:15 pm »
Definitely change it, at least to the 2nd floor above the lobby. And just meet there with no intent to stay; definitely plan on going somewhere else.  The 2nd floor this year will be busier than last year, so it's going to be a constant uphill battle for staff to keep it clear. We don't want to give the Hilton hotel staff a reason to step in again; they tend not to be as gentle about it.

The One Piece group may be expected to be small, but it will be a more positive experience for *you* if you avoid meeting in the lower lobby, because you won't have people asking you every two minutes not to stand around.

Okay, thanks! I guess then:

One Piece, Sunday at 8:00 am, meet on the 2nd floor above the lobby, will move elsewhere.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #204 on: August 28, 2010, 10:09:42 pm »
Hamtaro is meeting on the 2nd level of the Lobby and then walking to a park together.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #205 on: August 28, 2010, 10:41:27 pm »
Panda- fyi, ssbb, Haruhi suzumiya, and FF are all on the same line. Please fix o:

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2010, 01:27:47 pm »
P.S. -

Another cosplayer suggested outside the ballroom entrance in the basement for a place to have a photo shoot, citing that it's much less busy down there and it has open corners where people can be without blocking traffic.  It worked pretty well for last year's Smash Bros. photo shoot, but I don't know how much foot traffic there'll be this time.  Would you consider that a viable location this year?

My Only concern is some of the Registration lines and the Dealers Hall lines go down that way. Loitering anywhere in the hotel area is a problem and is not generally allowed... but if you are quick and not blocking
any sort of traffic, what we don't know and don't see wont kill us, but be prepared to move if a Hotel or K-staffer feels its a hazard...

Director Park is really only a block and a half away and has a covered space... since we will have the whole thing to ourselves on Saturday and Sunday... I will continue to insist that you consider it as a viable option! ^__^ plus it is a really great backdrop!
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2010, 03:29:10 pm »
My Only concern is some of the Registration lines and the Dealers Hall lines go down that way. Loitering anywhere in the hotel area is a problem and is not generally allowed... but if you are quick and not blocking
any sort of traffic, what we don't know and don't see wont kill us, but be prepared to move if a Hotel or K-staffer feels its a hazard...

Director Park is really only a block and a half away and has a covered space... since we will have the whole thing to ourselves on Saturday and Sunday... I will continue to insist that you consider it as a viable option! ^__^ plus it is a really great backdrop!

What, reg and dealer's hall?... Neither of those were anywhere near the ballroom basement last year.  Reg was two floors up and dealer's hall was all the way around the corner, on the other side of the building, in the downstairs parking lot.  It's a complicated layout, but I'm not sure how either line would extend down there.

Oh well. I'm working on moving to the south park blocks. If no one else answers I'll make an executive decision by tomorrow.  They'll still know where to meet before we tromp off to the location.

Apollo Justice

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2010, 03:59:29 pm »
I think I misread your post... Sorry. I was confused. Disregard.
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2010, 09:00:44 pm »
I think I misread your post... Sorry. I was confused. Disregard.

That's all right. Don't worry; we'll stay away from the major traffic areas.  But this is Oregon, and it'd be nice to have a desperation option if it's raining outside.

My costume, for one, practically dissolves in water...

Apollo Justice

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2010, 02:59:50 am »
Hey!  For Saturday, Day 1, could you please write...

"Persona/SMT - 6:00pm meet in 2nd floor lobby, will move to other locations for photoshoot and dinner + King's Game"

Thanks so much!!
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2010, 10:00:18 am »
Scott Pilgrim is changing to 6. Thanks Shannon~

Ahhh, can you add closed shoot but photographers welcome to SP too :>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:20:58 am by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2010, 02:47:16 pm »
So I read the Pioneer Square webpage, and really the only day that events aren't going on during Kumoricon is Labor Day (Day 3). Hope that helps anyone who wants to have a free square for a photoshoot on day 3 lol

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2010, 04:19:11 pm »
Hello~ Can you put Hitman Reborn down for 11am Sunday at the giftshop on the lobby level? Will most likely move after everyone is gathered. Thanks!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2010, 05:56:19 pm »
Macross Frontier is Saturday at 5pm in Director Park.

Offline lilineko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2010, 08:11:48 pm »
HIYA! I'm here on Teddy_Bearxx's behalf from the Pokemon thread...

Since it's mention that location is needed by today the 30th, Teddy_Bearxx can't get online tonight but she will be able to get on sometime tomorrow. We wanted to let you know that we WILL/HAVE changed our Photoshoot location since PS will be busy with other "public events". But I actually don't have the full details, so if you could give us a day or so before you make it finalized, Teddy will be on to let you know the full details, Thank you!
K-CON '14 Cosplay(s)

Pokemon Gijinka Mega Blastoise

(BIG maybe on Drudge Angel from Modest Medusa)

~~~~~

~ACTIVATING ZACK-FANGIRL MODE~
**swoons, sighs & melts into a puddle at the thought of Zack*

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2010, 09:54:00 pm »
Hello again, I'm posting on behalf of the Zelda and Super Smash Bros. photo shoots.  I'd like to change our location.  I'll just copy/paste and edit the current description so it'll be easy to update.  Here is the updated info:

(Sunday)
Legend of Zelda- South Park Blocks, 12:00 p.m. (meet on 2nd floor above lobby first)
Super Smash Bros./General Nintendo- South Park Blocks, 1:00 p.m. (look for the Zelda group at location)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:55:39 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
Re: 2010 PHOTO SHOOT SCHEDULE (CLOSING AT 11:59!!!)
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2010, 11:19:31 pm »
Tsubasa shoot time on Friday needs to change...

Please put down 'Between 4 pm & 530 pm or after 930 pm'

*busy staffer is too busy* Sorry!
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2010, 11:24:00 pm »
Please make a note that the DURARARA!! shoot will specifically be meeting near Starbucks.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2010, 11:25:18 pm »
mellonemrys- I'm sure you're busy, but that's a little vague..could you please be more specific?

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2010, 11:37:24 pm »
If its too vague then take it off all together. I have things I have to do for set up for the con on Friday that ended up being at different times than I expected. IE I am busy from 8am - 330pm, then from 545pm - 9pm. But I don't know for certain if I'll have the time in between things on Friday, and thus have to wait (and force the rest of my group to wait) till after all my duties are finished.
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2010, 12:01:53 am »
Panda, you've ah... You've put the Macross Frontier shoot on Sunday. It's Saturday.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2010 PHOTO SHOOT SCHEDULE (CLOSED)
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2010, 12:03:27 am »
LOL sorry. will fix now~

Offline Kuu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2010, 01:31:03 pm »
Is the Executive Tower still open for shoots? because if so the Kuroshitsuji wants to meet in the Tower Lobby if we can.
Kcon 2011 plans
Toph
Fire Nation Toph
Toothless

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2010, 02:54:05 pm »
Is the Executive Tower still open for shoots? because if so the Kuroshitsuji wants to meet in the Tower Lobby if we can.
I think the Hotel would like to keep all lobby's clear, the main building and the Executive Towers. Maybe panda can add that in, but the deadline to add photoshoots was at 11:59P.M. last night :/ But it's her decision

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2010, 02:57:45 pm »

Then that's all on you guys. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if you met in the main building and then just asked the people there if they wanted to move to the tower if it's too crowded, you don't have to officially change it. I'm afraid I'm trying not to change the schedule any more unless it's a typo, or double entry, or otherwise something that I made a mistake on.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #226 on: August 31, 2010, 05:02:18 pm »
Hey guys,

The hotel has asked us to keep the lobby areas clear.. and that includes the Executive Tower lobby.  Please plan your shoot somewhere else.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #227 on: August 31, 2010, 09:38:37 pm »
Most of the people that are listed for Lobbys are listed with intent to move somewhere else, they are just MEETING in the lobby. Is that okay? I could  make a note of it at the top of the page..

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2010, 12:49:04 am »
Meeting is okay, as long as it not too long.  Just making it clear that photoshoots are not, since there was planning for a shoot at the Executive Tower.

Thank you for tracking all of this.. you're doing a great job :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2010, 08:50:34 am »
Thank-you! ANd I just made a note of it on the main page, which will also be on the flyers that I bring..
Hopefully people will understand the need to re-locate after seeing how crowded it was last year!

Offline Airafleeza

• Cabbit
    • My tumblr
« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2010, 09:51:20 am »
Woo! Final Fantasy photo shoot! *so glad to see it*
I'll be sure to be there if I don't get lost! :D

Offline krizzygirl206

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com!
« Reply #231 on: September 03, 2010, 10:54:56 am »
A Very Potter Musical is going to have their photoshoot sometime after the Cosplay Contest... (Not asking for it to be changed. Just posting it here so people know.)
Kumoricon '11: undecided!

Offline TheDarkenedElf

• Oni
« Reply #232 on: September 06, 2010, 09:56:25 am »
So, I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct place to air this, but I need to say it none the less.  The Haruhi Suzumiya photoshoot was scheduled, in this thread and at the info booth, for 2pm in the Second Floor Lobby.  When I got there, after some time, only 6 people and no photographers had arrived.  One of the attendants then mentions to me that whoever had been in charge of it had changed it, either late the previous night or early that morning, to 11am.  I see no posts on this forum (not just this topic, but this forum) about the change.  I saw no updates at the info booth.  I find this incredibly rude, as did the other cosplayers there. 
Obviously I know nothing can be done about this now, but it was extremely thoughtless of them to apparently only update their friends, rather than remembering that it was an open photoshoot

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2010, 11:09:20 pm »
Who got the places the photo shoots were taken at closed off for us?  That was pretty rad.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2010, 11:17:58 pm »
the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya photoshoot was ORIGINALLY 11am but someone posted it to be 2pm when i told them that 11am would have been easier and i guess they changed it to 2pm. things WERE HECTIC THIS YEAR i AM STAFF and i HAD NO WAY to go down there and vouch for them at all! you can blam it on me if you like but please please REMEMBER that we were all confused at con this year because of all the hectic things going about with the understaffing of staff, pioneer square, and other personal problems!

next year i promise things will be more organized~! sorry and thank you for your patience!

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #235 on: September 07, 2010, 11:35:26 pm »
The Haruhi shoot turned into a disaster.  We changed it to 11am but weren't sure if it got changed.  When I showed up at 11am to see if anyone was there only a couple people showed.  One of them confirmed it had been sucessfully changed to 11 so we just headed out and did a little shoot on our own with our own cameras and such.  At 2pm my friends and I heard everyone showed up for the shoot saying the information desk said it was then and not earlier.  We sadly couldn't make it at that time. 

All and all, it was just a bunch of confusion and mass communication error.  We're going to plan better for next year.  Compared to the last couple years though...this year went pretty well.  I am sorry though this happened. 

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #236 on: September 07, 2010, 11:47:22 pm »
Don't mean to butt in, but remember: it doesn't matter how "official" something is if people don't know about it.  If you change something at the last minute, there are going to be lots of people who don't check because they've been planning on the original time & day for quite awhile. As you can see by people sigs, lots of cosplayers plan far in advance for which day they'll wear each of their costumes.

Apollo Justice

Offline BlackLaceAndPearl

• Catgirl
« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2010, 07:30:39 pm »
There was no official Ouran photoshoot this year, but some other Ouran-ers and I shouted over the balcony for an unofficial spur of the moment one. Thanks for everyone who attended that!!  :D
Kumoricon 2011

Elizabeth Middleford - Kuroshitsuji
Alois Trancy - Kuroshitsuji II