Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 388271 times)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
Here is the aforementioned proof for why Hashi is now Superboy. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=209k94l&s=7
The real reasons are because of our heights and because my body shape is more suited to Impulse's entirely skin-tight super suit, since he has no handy cape or jacket. Just the suit.

As Hashi said, I got most of the MAoH sweatshirt fabric today. It came out to almost exactly $15 for the fabric for each sweatshirt, but since I didn't consult you guys before I bought it all, um... we can figure out if or how much you guys can pay me back later. : x It was all 50% off though, which was awesome. : D
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Okay. Im making a comic of the C-List superdudes. So far we have

Short Circuit (Circ) - Leeches electrcity/power from things, turns them into offensive attacks in the shapes of various things, like giant hammers, but cant put the electricity back. Also causes any technology in the immediate area to malfunction. So in the event of villains using walkie Talkies or phones, they cant communicate with each other.

Scapegoat - Eats anything but spicy foods, anything. Just Like a goat. Sleeps a lot, but while asleep can astral project and can actually be useful. However, doesnt remember anything when awake.

Heartbreaker - Basically, gets whatever she wants and everyone likes her, but frequently forgets what shes doing, and isnt useful on group missions because she can get in, anywhere, but cant get the rest of the team in, and the forgets why shes there. Also a useful distraction.

Also yagi, feel free to add in details of your persona. I just.. summarized what we had so far.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:04:15 pm by Hashi »
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
ahahahaha
Our personas keep changing, but also I feel like they keep getting more appropriate.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
There's also the detail about how even though I can eat almost anything, I can't eat very fast because I have a small mouth. So no eating through doors or walls in an instant to get into a building. Only slowly gnawing a hole, one bite at a time. XD Though on the other hand, taking a single bite out of a gun is in most cases instantly effective. Assuming I can get close enough to a gun without getting shot.

And I'm thinking when I'm my dream self, whatever I take a bite of, I don't actually eat. It just falls through me like a ghost. As opposed to when I'm awake where I actually do eat whatever I bite off. Which I guess means I can only eat so much before I get too full.

Curse you Hashi. You've got me thinking way too much about this. XP
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
GOOD.

AND WHERES YOUR PERSONA VALERIA?
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I still like the one where I make people second-guess themselves to the point where they can't function. Not that we ever came up with a good name for that.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
I like the fact that all I had to do was read the persona post and I immediately knew who was who.
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Guys last night was the most magical night of my whole life

I am still in shock and awe

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Also is it too late to decide that we need to go to PAX after all, because I definitely need to go, it is now a requirement in my life and my #1 con priority

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
WHAT MAGICAL THING HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?

Also PAX is probably not gona happen for meee. The three-day passes sold out early and I kinda think the one-day passes are expensive enough to keep me from going :( Unless I can score a three-day somewhere else, meeeehhh.
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Well I was talking to Spork and Kibs about it and they said that two-day passes are really just as good, since who does stuff the last day anyway (and really you only need a badge if you want to go to panels and stuff, which personally I don't frequently do). They also said that in the last month or so before PAX people sometimes sell three-day passes if we wanted to risk that. Either way I might just go to hang out. Because I really, really want to go now that they've talked me into it.

Okay so basically last night/yesterday was just amazing
The day was great because I hung out with Bene after he got off his shift (and talked to him beforehand when he told me I was an awesome Rosa and would be an awesome Chell and then he drew me this, which is Ezio shredding on a guitar playing Rockband because he is super good at Rockband which I'd found out the previous night), which was just in time for Cosplay Karaoke. We were gonna have some duo shredding on Rockband the previous night but never actually go to do it since they ran out of time, so we decided we were going to sing an Ezio-Rosa duet, and settled on Still Alive (aka the Portal theme song, for those who don't know). We were pretty far on the waiting list but we sang I'M ON A BOAT with a huge group and it was awesome. Then Spork came over to us and found out what we were planning to sing and was like "SLDKFJLSDJF OMG CAN I JOIN PLEASE" and we were like "YES YES AN ALTAIR IS ALWAYS WELCOME" and then Spork taught Bene how to roll on his shoulder if he fell. Bene was not very good at, much to the amusement of everyone watching. He was a good sport about it though. Spork told him to just never fall and he wouldn't have to worry about it. Then Kibs drew me a SEXIO which I love. She even offered to draw me something, I didn't have to ask, and when she asked what I wanted I was like "Draw me whatever will make you happiest" and she thought about it for a second and was like "I'll draw you a sexy Ezio. It's not what makes me happiest but I feel like drawing it" and I was like lololololol. That actually happened while I was talking to Bene the first time but I didn't know how to work it in, oh well. But halfway through cosplay karaoke the fire alarm went off so everyone had to evacuate, and by this time Kibs was kinda drunk and offered to draw me something else so she drew me "The first ever DrunkCreed", which I wasted no time in telling her should be the new _____Creed tumblr (based on a joke earlier in the day where she'd told me that SassyCreed had started out to be super not quality and just silly but then got "too quality" which was why AwkwardCreed was started, and when AwkwardCreed got too quality they'd have to move on to the next thing). Then it turned out it was a false fire alarm so we were all let back in, and Spork took my notepad and pencil and ran away with it and came back with this. Then we sang and danced and made sexy grandpa jokes about Altair and then cosplay karaoke was over and it was sad. So then we had to go because it was like 9PM, but I hung around talking to Bene and Kibs and Spork and Ty, who was a Desmond cosplayer last Kumoricon and recognized me (AS GINNY THE PREVIOUS DAY, I WAS AMAZED), who was also friends with Kibs and Spork. Then they were all done closing down the con so we all left, and I was all like "SLDKFSDF I'M RIDING THE MAX HOME WITH SPORK AND KIBS AND TY EEE" because Bene didn't live downtown and had to take a different max, womp womp. But we were talking and joking around and then Spork just leans over all casually and is like, "Hey, if you want to come hang out with us, you're totally invited," and as soon as my poor fangirling heart settled down I said I would love to and so we got off at their stop and then was stopped by a train that was blocking our path. And Spork of course drops all his stuff and runs up and grabs on the side of the train and rides it along, jumps off and runs back and jumps on again, and continues to do that. It was hilarious. Especially since he was still in Altair. So after like 20 minutes the train was FINALLY past and we all get to Spork's house WHICH IS AMAZING, YOU GUYS. SO MUCH NERD STUFF EVERYWHERE. So we sit down and start talking and goofing around and I forget most of what we talked about, but it was all great and they're so funny and nice and such cool people oh my god. I felt better about the situation because Ty told me he used to be super fanboy about them too but he'd been accepted and had since recovered and was able to be in the same room as them and not feel starstruck. So there is hope for me yet. Then Ty and Spork left around 11 to get some booze and hummus and pita and in the meantime THEY LET ME LOOK THROUGH THEIR SKETCHBOOKS. GUYS I SAW SASSYCREEDS THAT HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN POSTED YET. THEY ARE GREAT. I WAS DYING. Then Spork and Ty came back and Ty took this picture. Then were were talking and eating hummus and pita and drinking a bit and Spork made pasta and then he was like, "Hey, Kelsey, how old are you?" and I was like, "I'll be twenty in a couple weeks" and he was like, "Okay, I want to see if you're old enough to know what these are..." and pulls out LASERDISCS and I was amazed. He has like seventy zillion of them. So then he pops in Lion King for background noise and we're singing along to the songs and talking about dumb **** and then they take my notepad and draw me a ton of things. And they asked permission every time they wanted to draw something and I was like "DRAW ME WHATEVER YOU WANT". So they did. Kibs drew me as Rosa (and told me I was the best Rosa cosplayer ever sdlksjdlkf), then drew herself and Ty in their Wiccan and Superboy cosplays, Ty drew Spork as Concept Scout (and I wrote in Kibs' reaction; imagine her saying this while really drunk), Spork drew me a Malik face, and then himself. There were three other things that were drawn but they contain penises so I'm not gonna post them. If you want to see them (you do) then I will send them to you. They are amazing.
Anyway we were talking and goofing around and around 3AM Spork was like, "So, Kelsey, are you staying here overnight or walking home?" and I was like "Oh man I've already imposed myself upon you guys so much and I live close so I'll just go home" and he was like "Okay, well I'm gonna walk you home so we should probably leave soon because otherwise I'll fall asleep" and I was like "You don't have to walk me home if you're tired alkdjalskd you're so nice why are you so nice" and he was like "No, I have to walk you home, you have to pass through Chinatown and it's 3AM, it's not safe and I won't feel good about it at all, I insist" so Spork and Ty walked me home because they're amazing. And Spork let me wear his sweatshirt because I derped and hadn't brought one. Then we got to my house and I thanked them profusely and hugged them both goodbye and then I went inside and let out all the pent up fangirling I'd been squirreling away and ran laps around my house and then collapsed in my bed and slept like a rock.

Wow I wrote a novel
needless to say all of their drawings are going to have to be framed or something
Also I don't know how to fit this into my narration but both Ty and Kibs asked for my number and I have theirs sldkfjsldif omg omg
MY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Wow I hope none of them ever read that they will know how hard I was secretly fangirling while attempting to maintain a calm, cool facade, how embarrassing

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
YOUR ADVENTURES AMIGAD
YOU ARE SO COOL MAN
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
NO I AM NOT COOL, THEY ARE COOL AND I AM NOT WORTHY

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
OH JAQUA THAT IS SO AMAZING.BEST STORY EVAR. I WOULD BE BEHAVING THE EXACT WAY YOU ARE/WERE IF I WERE IN YOUR SHOES ;A;

And your Rosa was so freaking awesome! I'm so sad I couldn't see it in person.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:02:22 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
I'll definitely be wearing her again, after WNW Rosa is my favorite cosplay sldkfjslkdjf
I'M GLAD YOU LIKE IT, AND YOU WILL GET A CHANCE <33
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:20:35 pm by jaqua »

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
WICCAN. SORRY IM  FREAKING OUT ABOUT THE WICCAN PART. MY MIND JUST TLDR: EVEN AFTER I READ EVERYTHING.

I literally just got into Young Avengers so hard at around 9 last night and my main thought today has been if i should be hulkling or wiccan so. yeah. sorry.

Jaqua I hate you. I drew you in the worst superhero outfit ever last night. You have have like 90 hearts on you and rainbows.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG PLEASE POST IT I NEED TO SEE

Also I forgot two things that I'll now share
First, while we were watching Lion King we decided who was which character. Kibs was Zazu, Ty was Scar, Spork was Mufasa, and they told me I was Nala. Apparently I am always the girlfriend/love interest.
Second, the first night of WNW after we'd all gone out to dinner (my group of friends and Spork/Kibs/Bene), I'd been sitting next to Bene and we had been talking about the fact that I was gonna be Rosa the next day, and Spork told me later that he'd said "Oh yeah, and that girl is gonna be Rosa in Fiore tomorrow!" and Spork was like "Rosa... In Fiore? Don't you mean Rosa?" and Bene was like, "Oh... Yeah." Spork thought that was hilarious and called me Brothel the rest of the night. (for those who don't get the joke, Rosa in Fiore is the name of the brothel that Claudia and Maria ran in AC:B)

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Im going to draw you the ugliest superhero portrait ever.

also. Guys. Hayley, the ex. has the worlds biggest crush on 90's era Kon.. um. why do I  put myself in these situations. now shes debating flying down for sakuracon. i just. um.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
DO IT. I DARE YOU. BRING IT.

I
um
what?
Exes are weird.

Speaking of sakuracon, you should change your profile. Considering sak has passed.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
oh yeah I should do that too
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
I WILL. ITLL BE HIDEOUS.

and yeaaahh. she cosplays tim, so the fact I'm being Kon is suddenly very awesome to her. like. her msn icon is kon. her facebook picture is kon.. and then yeah.

WELL MAYBE I DONT WANT TO. MAYBE IM LAZY.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
Everyone ever is in love with Kon. His inhumanly large ego is at least partially justified. But yeah, that's really awkward. O_o; I would say we should switch back, but I've only just convinced myself that we should stick with the switch. But if you really want to we can anyway.

Though I've also decided that I'm gonna make hoodies of the trio's 90's uniforms and just be casual Kon on a lazy night at Ycon or something. IT IS MY DESTINY TO MAKE HOODIES FOREVER APPARENTLY. AND MY DESTINY TO HAVE SOKKA-ESQUE HAIR FOR ETERNITY.

Also, Jaqua. Your life. I have no words.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:36:08 pm by goatchild »
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery

Just gonna leave this here.

ALSO, YAGI, HOODIES ARE SUPER FUN TO MAKE. I totally made myself a Robin hoodie a while back. And a Harley Quinn hoodie. Basically I want to make all the possible comic book hoodies ever. *is the coolest* And your Sokka hair suits you. Partly because I've never seen you with anything else, but... still. <3
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
THAT PICTURE KILLED ME. JUST. DEAD.
GUH.

I had hair down to my butt since 5th grade until a little over a year ago. Sometimes I forget that I don't have hair anymore because I had it for so long. >>

I will make all of their exciting outfits into hoodies. It will be excellent and tacky and 90's-tastic. WE CAN HAVE A SUPERHERO HOODIE PARTY WHERE WE ALL CHILLAX AND ARE SUPER TOGETHER. LIKE A KIGURUMI PARTY BUT A ZILLION TIMES MORE SUPER.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
BAT HOODIE
BAT HOODIE
BAT HOODIE
BAT HOODIE
BAT HOODIE
I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP

MAYBE A GREEN ARROW HOODIE
OR A NIGHTWING HOODIE
OR A PEEJ HOODIE BUT THAT DOESN'T ACTUALLY WORK
UH
UH
BRAINIAC HOODIE THAT WOULD BE PRETTY COOL
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
I WANT A ZILLION HOODIES OF THINGS I LIKE
I WANT AN ASSCREED HOODIE
AND A PORTAL HOODIE
AND A SUPERHERO HOODIE (I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE YET)
AND JUST
EVERYTHING
FOREVER
I NEED HOODIES OF IT

I do also really want an asscreed kigurumi. Comfy con wear here I cooooooome

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
I WANT TO MAKE ASSCREED HOODIES SO BAD

they would be so comfy and stealthy

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I WANT TO MAKE ASSCREED HOODIES SO BAD

they would be so comfy and stealthy

This.
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
uh yeah actually I want an Asscreed hoodie too.
Like, a novice one.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
Guys, I wish our cosplay group had a Lil Lobo. Not seriously, cuz we don't have anyone to be him. But it would just be an awesome cosplay. 8D

I want a hoodie of Lil Lobo. With is Wink 281 shirt.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
ahahaha oh my god can I be Lil Lobo.
It would be awesome and awful
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
I WANT A RIDDLER HOODIE. D: AND A DEADPOOL HOODIE.
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
AHAHAHA VALERIA WHITE MAKEUP FOREVER
But seriously. You could even do skinny Lobo. Which would actually be pretty easy.
PLEASE VALERIA YOU SHOULD TOTALLY DO LIL LOBO
IT WOULD BE THE MOST FANTASTIC
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
THIS LOOKS STUPID HARD
BUT FOR SOME REASON I STILL WANNA DO IT
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
NEW STARFIGHTER
NEW CLASS OF CHARACTERS
WHEEEEEEE
Also, a FighterxNavi pair that appear to be well-adjusted? O:
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
KELSEY - Depending on how my funds are at the time, I'm down for PAX.
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
VALERIA, ACTUALLY ONLY THE BOOTS+KNEE GUARDS ARE COMPLICATED
AND THE WIG OF COURSE
THE REST IS ACTUALLY PRETTY SIMPLE
POTENTIALLY ALL GOODWILLING

I was ridiculously excited about the new character class. I don't even know why.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Emilee just convinced me to ship future!Damian and Steph.
mrrrr so cuuuute
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery

RELEVANT IMAGE, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE INTERESTED (which should be EVERYONE)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
I AM INTERESTED
SOOOO CUUUTTEEE
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
HEY GUYS! Being that I'm a noob at wigs for cosplays, I don't know where to shop for a good quality wig. Suggestions?
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
depends on what you're looking for
and how big your head is
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline TalkNerdToMeBaby

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
Uhhh. Dunno about the head thing, but I want a wavy lime green wig that goes down to around my chest
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:
Secret - Disney
Secret - (Maybe)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
wow threadsplosion.
Also Jaqua I couldn't make it through that textwall because it was about a lot of people I've never heard of. Want to summarise the relevant points for me?

Hashi: I was also thinking someone should make a comic of the superhero PoSms. The fact that you are doing this is awesome.
My superhero name was Cryptonigma. I'm not sure what my superpowers were aside from being androgenously mysterious and ninjalike. I can draw up a design if you like. (I probably will anyway because drawing is what I do.)
.....maybe part of my mysteriousness is that no one actually knows what my superpowers are. 8)
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Do it felix! If you can give me a sketch of what you wanna look like, I'll draw you in!

Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Hahaha, the points of my ramble block were basically these:
- Hung out with Spork and Kibs, the authors/artists of SassyCreed
- They are hella rad
- I love them
- They drew me pictures that I shall treasure forever

Everything else is me in hardestcore fangirl mode.

Hashi I'm still waiting to see what I look like as the Heartbreaker, where are my hearts and rainbows, WHERE ARE THEY

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
I'm excited to see Sid the no-I-am-not-dangerous-at-all life-ruining psychologist.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Working on the drawings, sorry, i keep getting distracted by Young Avengers.

I need a con to be Hulkling to. I also need a Wiccan.

Guys I get to be giant, green, half skrull half kree shapeshifting gay boy.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!