Author Topic: Eugene Asian Festival Volunteers  (Read 7254 times)

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
Eugene Asian Festival Volunteers
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:28:53 pm »
Who is interested in helping us out at the Kumoricon room at Eugene Asian Fest?
Details like dates, time, location: http://www.aaforegon.com/asiancelebration/

We will need people to help with making cat ears, setting up and looking after video game equipment, line control and stuff like that.  Helpers will get free admission to the festival and get to have Beausama buy them lunch.  This is a really fun event, and if we get enough helpers then we all get plenty of time to go and watch Taiko drumming and other events. 

While we might be able to help coordinate carpooling, we cannot arrange hotel rooms or crash space for people coming in from out of town.   But, hopefully, some Eugene locals can help out of town volunteers. 

So, please let us know if you can help, if it is for one day or both, and if you have any experience with setting up consoles, A/V equipment and stuff like that.

2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
Re: Eugene Asian Festival Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 03:58:00 pm »
oh! that sounds like fun! i've volunteered for the asian celebration before but not with the con. and i live in eugene so it isnt any trouble!!!! ^____^

i guess i have some history in setting up gaming consols and games considering i play videogames so dang much. and i wouldnt be able to help the out of town volunteers much but i would be able to volunteer for both days!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:22:54 pm by Tanuki19 »

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 05:19:37 pm »
Hello! I could help out on Sunday for sure, and I'd have to get back to you on Saturday's availability. I know enough about setting up consoles from setting up my own, so there's a little bit of experience...if that helps. :]

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 09:30:38 am »
Dawn, could you please contact the Fest & ask them to correct the typo? They list us as
 "Kumorican".

More precisely:
Clicking on the link in this thread, the mention of us appears on the left-hand column, in the same line as the DisOrient Room. However, clicking on *that* link only elicits mention of the DisOrient Film Fest; nothing about us. (Will it?)

Meantime, if you click on Youth Room, & scroll down to Ongoing Activities, we are misspelled in an entirely different way:
"KUMOCORIN ROOM"
The copy beneath that has us spelled correctly 3 times, but the header obviously should be fixed, as well, & this section should be linked to our line on the left. I'm trying to understand how we're linked with Dis/Orient? Are we sharing a room? Cosponsoring the Film Fest? Or were we supposed to be a separate line/link & that's another website typo?

Your faithful spontaneous unsolicited copy editor,
Rem.

P.S. I hope to float about & give folks breaks & help clean, maybe help set up or take down (will have to get back to you with my schedule, as I may be looking for a second job between now & then).
I'd be fine with helping with line control, kibbitzing with kids waiting to make cat ears. But let's just say I never practiced at a glue gun firing range.....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:42:49 am by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Kurokaizoku

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 03:50:59 am »
I shall be there for both days. I will probably be driving back/forth so if anyone between Woodburn-Eugene wants a ride I can pick you up.

Chances are low that I will have Vincent with me(he is too activefor these things) so, no distraction this year. Although him snuggling on Haru was very cute last year.
'07- Console Gaming staff. First con. Ever.
'08- Console Gaming staff.
'09- Console Gaming Manager.
'10- Console Gaming Assistant Manager
'11- Con Suite Manager
'12- Live Events Assistant Manager

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 11:25:40 pm »
Dawn, could you please contact the Fest & ask them to correct the typo? They list us as
 "Kumorican".

More precisely:
Clicking on the link in this thread, the mention of us appears on the left-hand column, in the same line as the DisOrient Room. However, clicking on *that* link only elicits mention of the DisOrient Film Fest; nothing about us. (Will it?)

Meantime, if you click on Youth Room, & scroll down to Ongoing Activities, we are misspelled in an entirely different way:
"KUMOCORIN ROOM"
The copy beneath that has us spelled correctly 3 times, but the header obviously should be fixed, as well, & this section should be linked to our line on the left. I'm trying to understand how we're linked with Dis/Orient? Are we sharing a room? Cosponsoring the Film Fest? Or were we supposed to be a separate line/link & that's another website typo?

Your faithful spontaneous unsolicited copy editor,
Rem.

P.S. I hope to float about & give folks breaks & help clean, maybe help set up or take down (will have to get back to you with my schedule, as I may be looking for a second job between now & then).
I'd be fine with helping with line control, kibbitzing with kids waiting to make cat ears. But let's just say I never practiced at a glue gun firing range.....

Ellen, I've emailed them about the typos, and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

For everyone interested in volunteering..  we need to send them the list of people who will be there, hopefully by next week.  So, if you are interested, please email your full name (and forum name, so we know who you are :D) to relations@kumoricon.org and/or programming@kumoricon.org, and let us know if you are for cat ears or video games.  The cutoff will be Jan 10th 30th, so we can get them the list in a timely manner.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:36:17 pm by Jamiche »
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:27:37 am »
Thanks!
(& btw you mean Feb 10th) :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 07:35:27 pm »
Oops, actually meant Jan 30th.. will change that.  Thanks :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 12:59:44 am »
Hooray for Eugenians~ (^ . ^)/

I'll be going both days and I do believe I can be of help... Actually, scratch that. I'm not quite sure yet but I'll let you guys know after I've talked about it with my friends who are coming along. They may even help out if they are willing. :3

I'll probably end up wearing either my usual plain yukata or cosplaying as England or fem!Canada. Meh, we'll see.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 03:32:16 pm »
are we going to get an email with details like what time we need to show up and stuff like that?