Author Topic: McMinnville - Newberg Meet-Ups!  (Read 1464 times)

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
McMinnville - Newberg Meet-Ups!
« on: September 19, 2009, 05:37:33 pm »
Ohayo Gozaimasu!

Okay... that was pretty lame but still.. Hi! Hows it going fellow Macminnvillians and
Newbergians!? Hope this meet up proposition finds you well!

Basically what I'd like to do is get all the George Fox, Linfield, Mac High and Newberg High
School kids as well as anime fans of that age range (really, looking at 16 - 24 max and min)
together for some all ages fun (and maybe some meet-ups at Lumpys and the like for those
of us 21+!) Like going to Sharri's or The park for a picnic or down to the creek/park!

I have no set date currently for any meet-ups but if we have a audience and a desire to
create a Young Adults Anime group in the Willamette Valley (bumming off of the Anime
club that meets in Newberg's library?) we could start up a group that might help eachother
make cosplay items/costumes, raise money for the con and maybe get the word out about
working at Kumori-con and such! I think this'd be awesome for our area. I'm sure we have
plenty of people 'round here who like anime, what better way to rally the troops then
with some kind of meet!

I'd like to do something corresponding with the date of the first meeting for Con2010, so when
the date for that is set in stone and the location is in place, we can begin planning some
kind of meet for after that date so those of us that go and apply to be staff can go to that
and then join the rest of the group for some fun and prep for the new Convention year, knowing
who the board and coordinators will be!

What do you all think?

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair