Author Topic: 2009 tournament winners  (Read 5286 times)

Offline EggytheGreen

• Sailor Scout
2009 tournament winners
« on: September 08, 2009, 05:24:36 pm »
I wasn't there at closing ceremonies (blast them overlapping closing ceremonies and the swap meet!), but there should be some listing of the winners of the various tournaments...  I came in third in the guilty gear xx accent core tournament, btw...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2009 tournament winners
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 07:21:19 pm »
Here's my list, from memory:

Mario Kart Wii:
1st: Ben Barrett
2nd: [Tie] Pheonix and Max Wentler

DDR Maniac (the other brackets were canceled due to insufficient registration):
1st: Julia (JULE)
2nd: Jeremiah (ON!)
3rd: Cameron (MAX)

Rock Band 2:
1st: Flying Pie
2nd: Flaming Chicken
3rd: Snuggle Tuesdays

We were going to have a guest performance from Pikachu's Rotting Carcass (last year's judges' favourite) at the finals, but wound up short on time, and most of the band was running the tournament and thus couldn't enter.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 07:29:00 pm »
Sean Noland won Halo 3 with Top Nerd Jr taking second

I totally forget who won Melee but teh match was amazing
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2009-2010 Kumoricon Staff
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 01:27:07 am »
Oh Crap...lemme see...

BlazBlue
1st - R_Panda (V-13)
2nd - Eugene (Litchi)

SF4
1st - Sai-Kun (Dictator)  ---  PLEASE TELL ME WHO THIS PERSON IS!
2nd - Pasqual (Rose/Fuerte/Dictator...etc) 

MvC2
1st - Sai-Kun (Sent/Blackheart/Commando)

Brawl
1st - Don't remember, was it Tudios?
2nd - Pasqual
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 02:02:59 am »
Sounds like we need to track down this Sai-Kun fellow.  He was top 8, along with his sister, in Mario Kart Wii as well.

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 02:04:32 am »
I mainly want to know where he's from.  If he's from portland I want to try and push him to come to our fight nights at Versis for gaming.
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:40:22 am »
Haha, lol. Sai-kun is my brother. Somehow DancingTofu knows that Sa-sa-chan (me) is his sister... lol.. I will let him know ya'll are looking for him~
And so it begins...

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 02:41:36 am »
Haha, lol. Sai-kun is my brother. Somehow DancingTofu knows that Sa-sa-chan (me) is his sister... lol.. I will let him know ya'll are looking for him~

Please do, also I think I have pics from you as Chun-Li in the CosPlay Fashion show.  But yes Portland can always use some top class fighters in SF4 and games of that nature.

GGPO

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 02:52:42 am »
Actually, I did not participate in the fashion show. That Chun Li is another gal from the forums :) She wore a blue outfit; I wore a black outfit.  I've already directed her to the link you posted for K-con '09 pics. Thanx! You have a really nice camera, BTW! Anyways, will inform my bro. ~ SF4 players rock!
And so it begins...

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 02:54:34 am »
Actually, I did not participate in the fashion show. That Chun Li is another gal from the forums :) She wore a blue outfit; I wore a black outfit.  I've already directed her to the link you posted for K-con '09 pics. Thanx! You have a really nice camera, BTW! Anyways, will inform my bro. ~ SF4 players rock!

LoL.  Crazy.  I totally thought you went all ST on me :-p 

But definitely.  You should start playing if you don't and ya'll can join us at Versis ^_^

GGPO

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 03:41:17 am »
He told me when he checked in for the two of you for the MKWii tournament

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 12:10:17 pm »
He told me when he checked in for the two of you for the MKWii tournament

Aha! You have GREAT memory, then! Awesome! :D

LoL.  Crazy.  I totally thought you went all ST on me :-p 

But definitely.  You should start playing if you don't and ya'll can join us at Versis ^_^

ST uh wha...? hmmm... uh, no? :D Anyways, I have played the 360 version. Definitely fun, but my skills are not even close to what my bro has...   :P
And so it begins...

Offline momotenshi

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 01:04:16 pm »
I mainly want to know where he's from.  If he's from portland I want to try and push him to come to our fight nights at Versis for gaming.

i'm from the corvallis area. unfortunately, due to working 40+ hours a week I really don't have much time for gaming as much as I use to. there's only a few select fighting games i play now and sfiv is one of them. speaking of sfiv I believe it was during the winner's bracket in the semi-finals. I played against an awesome cammy player and just managed to eke out a victory in the deciding match when my bison's ex head stomp traded hits with cammy's cannon spike and i fortunately had a sliver of hp left. that match was so nerve-wracking and intense. It was my favorite match of the tournament. now if my cammy can play like his...

Back in the days (early 2000's) mvc2 was a dreamcast game I played competitively on a weekly basis at the arcades.  I'm actually not that great compared to the best of portland during that time. If any still remember jackson & brian then u know what i mean. currently, I tend to avoid using cable since he was one of the most hated characters 9 years ago and still is now. mad props to that suma gorath player. it was one of the best i've seen. my gamertag on xbox live is momotenshi. u won't see me much on there until L4D2 is out. It was a blast playing in the tournies. Lets do it again next year!

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 05:28:51 pm »
Yeah, We (and by we I mean, myself, R_Panda and Pasqual (The Rose/Cammy player in winners finals and Seth, Fuerte, Bison player in grand finals) Play up in portland a lot. 

You should join us over on SRK as we have an oregon roster.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=203560

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=206492

GGPO

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 12:01:31 am »
the pokemon tournament was won by a fellow that goes by the name of TK

[edit by DancingTofu; removed unnecessary comment]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:56:24 am by DancingTofu »

Offline squall leonheart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 01:07:59 am »
I hope our singer gets rewarded like the rest of us were (was in flying pie).  She had to split after our performance.

Always Bored, contact my msn if you want to chat.