Author Topic: Which Event/Panels are you looking forward to the most this K-Con 2009?  (Read 5831 times)

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
So I been wondering what kind of Event/Panels are people looking forward to the most this year.

I'm personally looking forward what new things the 18+ Events will bring this year, but I was wondering what everyone else is looking forward to attend to.

Don't be shy and share a little ne...=^--^=

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
The masquerade, Cosplay Contest, The Concerts, and the AMV contest.'

Until I hear what voice actors, if any, are showing up before I commit to any panels
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 09:38:58 pm by Man of the Public »

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
I see, I see Interesting.  :)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR Tournaments, Rock Band "Battle of the Bands", "rave" style dances, and being able to bike to and from the hotel in less time than it would take to go up the elevator to a hotel room.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
Wow lots of games that sounds like lots of fun. And good luck with the with the second part! :D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Most fun for me will be "Old, Bad Fic". This is a new workshop at Creation Station, in which folks who have evolved into more sophisticated authors will cull from their old files examples of their early, trashy, angsty, Mary-Sue (sloppy self-insert)-laden, cringeworthy, facepalmy attempts--and read or perform them live....yah.
Most fun last year, and definitely on my to-do-list this year (unless scheduled against something I'm running): I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookie (aka the Star Wars panel). :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
None.

Is it strange that I don't attend any panels or events during the con?
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
DDR Tournaments, Rock Band "Battle of the Bands", "rave" style dances, and being able to bike to and from the hotel in less time than it would take to go up the elevator to a hotel room.
This!
I miss 2010.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
The mock battle and photo shoots. Oh and the host club of course :)

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
None.

No not really I'm sure not everyone goes for panels or events..*shrugs*...

Offline bou12345318

• Catgirl
Charity Auction, Ouran Tea Party, AMV Contest, Anime Jeopardy, (this doesnt really count but GLOMP CIRCLE XD)
Kumoricon 2011
TK (Digimon 2nd Season)
Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation EX)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
Anime Dating Game~ Previous years were hilarious! I would LOVE to see it again this year! ^_^  That and some of the fun gaming tournaments... Maybe I shouldn't spend so much time in the game room...  :D
And so it begins...

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
The one I look forward to most is the Anime Dating Game. Why? Three words: Men in Kilts.

Haha! They're so adorable and funny, definitely a tradition of mine to go watch their show at Kumoricon and to see what characters get put on the spot. I will never forget the time that Pyramid Head went up there... that was amazing.
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
The one I look forward to most is the Anime Dating Game. Why? Three words: Men in Kilts.

Haha! They're so adorable and funny, definitely a tradition of mine to go watch their show at Kumoricon and to see what characters get put on the spot. I will never forget the time that Pyramid Head went up there... that was amazing.

LOL. same here.. It just gets funnier each year! ^_^
And so it begins...

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
*Those a little dance for no reason* :D

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Anime Dating Game~ Previous years were hilarious! I would LOVE to see it again this year! ^_^  That and some of the fun gaming tournaments... Maybe I should spend more time in the game room...  :D
fixed ;]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I don't really know what to expect panel-wise this year. I'm excited for the FF Photo Shoot, of course, and whatever panels Svetlana Chmakova does. Can't wait to see her.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
I'm hoping to find a good costuming panel and go to the DGM photoshoot.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl

Anime Dating Game~ Previous years were hilarious! I would LOVE to see it again this year! ^_^  That and some of the fun gaming tournaments... Maybe I should spend more time in the game room...  :D

fixed ;]

LOL. I was like...what's there to fix? More vs Less in game room.  I have been spending about 60% of my K-con time in the game room these few years! It was a whole lot of fun; I dunno about this year--it all depends on the events! :D
And so it begins...

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
AMV and cosplay of course
Hopefully I can get into the Ouran High thing this year if they still have it
The dances
Anime Hunter Panel
Svetlana!!!!!!! Got to have her sign my dramacon novel!
And of course, the hentai panel! Turned out to be a very fun thing, not creepy like originally thought. The audeicne makes it a laugh! :D

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
The 18+ and anime dating game panels. XD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
AMV and cosplay of course
Hopefully I can get into the Ouran High thing this year if they still have it
The dances
Anime Hunter Panel
Svetlana!!!!!!! Got to have her sign my dramacon novel!
And of course, the hentai panel! Turned out to be a very fun thing, not creepy like originally thought. The audeicne makes it a laugh! :D

Yay! Svetlana! And I can't believe I forgot about the Anime Hunters! Definitely excited about that one. I think I still have a button they tossed out last year sticking around somewhere, heh

I'd also hope to find a volume of Svetlana's new comic Nightschool before Kumoricon and have her sign that, but then again, she may have some with her to buy, so, we'll see.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
Re: Which Event/Panels are you looking forward to the most this K-Con 2009?
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 10:23:47 am »
I wonder if Pirates vs. Ninjas event will be there again this year... last year was pretty funny!  :D  If so, I will be there!
And so it begins...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 03:33:57 pm »
If there was a forum meetup that would probably be close to the top of my list. Other then that probably lots of game room and wandering around taking pics.   

Oh Oh almost forgot, I wanna do the Sake tasting if they have it this year.
Team Koga

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 04:22:07 pm »
None.

Not really...

I don't really know what to expect panel-wise this year. I'm excited for the FF Photo Shoot, of course, and whatever panels Svetlana Chmakova does. Can't wait to see her.

I'm thinking about asking her to be a guest host for my Family Feud panel.  At the very least, I've got 4 copies of the complete Dramacon manga novel and I'd like her to autograph them for prizes.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 10:26:47 pm »

fixed ;]

LOL. I was like...what's there to fix? More vs Less in game room.  I have been spending about 60% of my K-con time in the game room these few years! It was a whole lot of fun; I dunno about this year--it all depends on the events! :D
I aim for 90%.  I'd say it's because I'm not into anime, but the truth of the matter is that I'm obsessed with video games :P  I probably spend about 30% of my normal everyday life playing video games. (not counting sleep in that figure)

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 04:48:29 pm »
Sake tasting :)
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 04:55:05 pm »
^ Awesome...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 10:43:56 am »
Any and all 18+ panels, for sure. I've yet to attend one that wasn't worth it...except the 4chan panel at Sakuracon year before last, but that's an exception because the people running it had NO idea what they were doing.

The Anime Hunters panel is always a must. I feel bad for missing them at Sakuracon, but hey...major conflicts happen.

Speed Dating is always fun. Last year I got to play E-Card against all the girls I talked to (I was cosplaying Kaiji). In the end, when they ran out of girls, I ended up in a bizarre debate with a random guy over whether Norway or Iceland was more awesome (I argued in favor of Iceland). All in all, good times.

If there's a Fanboy/Fangirl Anonymous panel or something of a similar nature, that'll be on my list. The two I've been to have been great.

I'll definitely stop by the Ouran Host Club tea party. It's been a fun distraction the last two years, and it's a good way to meet people.

Anime That Scarred Me For Life is another obvious choice. My friends and I actually ran this panel at MewCon. I've been a big fan since the beginning.

Probably the AMV Contest, unless something adequately compelling drags me from it, as has been the case the last two years. Always a good way to see awesome AMVs you can't easily find online.

Probably the charity auction, if I'm able to. Might be leaving too early on Monday though, so I don't know. They should definitely have the charity auction earlier in the con. Catch people when they've got money. Two charity auctions, one at the beginning and one at the end, would be even better.

Also an obvious, but necessary mention: The Exhibitor's Hall. I'm on a very specific and very serious mission to buy a good Horo figure this year. Of course, Type Moon, Touhou, and Persona merchandise shan't escape my grasp either...not that I'll realistically have luck finding much ;_;. Gah, there are so many other series I wish they made merchandise for...so sad. Oh well, at least I can do my obligatory manga stockpiling. Maybe I'll find a copy of Tezuka's Swallowing The Earth...one can hope.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 10:50:42 am »
The Random Panel of Doom, Was one of the best panels I went to the last time I went.

Definitely the anime dating panel, was hilarious as well.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2009, 02:11:00 pm »
COSPLAY FASHION SHOW COSPLAY FASHION SHOW COSPLAY FASHION SHOW
BECAUSE WE ARE HOSTING IT.
lol
I'm also looking forward to the anime hunters ^_^ cosplay contest, anime dating game, the dances, any BJD panel, and our show "bangbangneko playhouse" lol I'm just really excited, that I think i'll try and visit as many panels as I can this year. XD unlike the past years XP
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 08:26:47 pm by BangBangNeko »

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 10:10:26 am »
I've noticed that some people have so many cosplays and so many group things, that it seems to me like they'll be so busy running around for other people that they'll forget that con is supposed to be fun. XP
I miss 2010.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 01:18:12 pm »
I've noticed that some people have so many cosplays and so many group things, that it seems to me like they'll be so busy running around for other people that they'll forget that con is supposed to be fun. XP

actually, having way too much to do like that is ALWAYS fun.

*I* am looking forward to Cosplay (since I'm running it), and AMVs because I already know how awesome it's going to be (hubby is AMV mgr & the contest and show are on MY computer)... and all the cosplay panels and the Cosplay Fashion Show.   I just have to decide which costume to enter... decisions decisions....

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 11:07:39 pm »
The AMV Contest(I got an FMA one in last year. Collective AWWWWS for the win!), The Anime Hunters Panel(I was the one who offered to make a WallMarket Cloud for Zach last year), Cake on a Plane Panel(Because I'm in it), Skits(I'm in one with CoaP), Final Fantasy Mock Battle(Bringin' out Garnet again!), the Final Fantasy Photoshoot, the Random Panel of Doom(I got 250 gil and cosplay-engaged last year! XD), Cosplay Fashion show, and Anime That Scarred Me For Life. The last one because... well... trying watching the Neon Gensis Evangelion movie just before entering kindergarden. Or was it first or second grade? Can't remember, just remember that THAT IS NOT SOMETHING LITTLE TODDLERS SHOULD WATCH! >.<!
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Namazzi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 09:07:19 pm »
The 18+ panels for sure. haha.  Also the Ouran Tea Party. Was a lot of fun last year, and our host was awesome. xD
Was thinking about checking out the dating game. I haven't been to one yet, but have seen some of the past ones that were uploaded to the net, and they were pretty damn funny. Would be awesome to watch. <3
Not sure about others.. I would have to wait until I saw the actual panel schedule before I fully decide. =P

Offline Asylymescapeie

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 09:53:15 pm »
I'm looking forward to the DDR and my completed inuyasha and my secret costume from an anime that was just released a month ago.

I know this is off topic but for those who are wondering about the yellow shirt guy (GLOMP CIRCLE PEOPLE) He was sentenced to 4 felony counts of I won't mention it so he is going to serve 20 years or more in prison so glomp circle people can have fun without the fear of THAT GUY!
KUMORICON 2010

Kikyo (Inuyasha)= 100%
Female Pantyraid ninja= 60%
Diedara Iwa (Naruto Shippudan)= 100%
Finf me at con to find out who my 4th cosplay is!

Offline MeekoMel

• Oni
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 12:30:22 am »
So this is my first anime con. but im realyy excided to go to the workshops and stuff! im allso REALLY excided about what tyip of things are in the art show! ^-^ i don't know what much of anything is but i hope to see them all and enjoy and have LOTS of fun and i hope you and everyone will :]

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 12:21:44 am »
Well, the 18 & over stuff, but most of all,...... the SAKE tasting. Last year i was the 2nd to last in the door. I liked sake before, i went to it, but it really opened me up to all the different complexities with sake. My favorite would have to be Nigori. LeLouch (me) plans on drinking all of it again and then hitting the bar afterwards, lol.  ;D
=^_^=