Author Topic: Portland Hunters' Den: Monster Hunter Gatherings  (Read 2310 times)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Portland Hunters' Den: Monster Hunter Gatherings
« on: July 22, 2009, 12:42:15 am »
THIS IS A GAMING* EVENT.  PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE IN COSPLAY.

Time: 3pm to 9pm Monday, July 27 (feel free to drop in late and/or leave early)
Gathering Hall: Burger King, SE Hawthorne and Grand, Portland, OR. (just off the 33, 14, 6, or any other bus that runs over the Hawthorne Bridge)

Quest Difficulty: hunters of all experience levels welcome!
Quest Summary: This will be the first official gathering of the Portland Hunters' Den (PHD)!  PHD exists to allow Monster Hunter fans in Portland to gather and communicate to achieve an excellent multiplayer experience.  This will be an excellent opportunity for beginner to intermediate hunters to learn from and hunt with experienced and veteran hunters.  If you recently purchased Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and have not played before, this would be an excellent time to start.  PHD is organized by Charlie (Tofu) and Matthew (ha~ma), both of whom are veteran hunters with over 1000 hours of experience with the series.

We ask that you bring a PSP, a PSP charger, a charged battery, and a copy of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.  If you have more than one PSP, we would greatly appreciate it if you would be willing to let other hunters borrow it if they do not have one to use.  If you have custom firmware, we would appreciate it if you could copy the iso from your UMD to your Memory Stick Duo, so that those without copies of the game can borrow your UMD.  You will not be required to let others use your property.

While older versions of Monster Hunter are welcome, the group focuses around Monster Hunter for the PSP, and naturally we will always tend towards the most recent release.

EDIT:
As ha~ma has pointed out, the venue for this is an operating business.  We strongly encourage those who can afford to do so to buy food from the venue, and we will ask you to leave if you do not respect the employees and customers there, or if you do something that blatantly defies social standards.  This includes wearing disruptive or extravagant cosplays, so I really want to stress once more that this is NOT a cosplay meetup.  Also, if you bring outside food and an employees tells you that you can't have outside food there, please respect that.

TL;DR: Wear normal clothes, don't get too hyper, be polite, buy food there if able.

*PHD is not an affiliate of Kumoricon or Altonimbus Entertainment
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:31:37 am by DancingTofu »
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
Re: Portland Hunters' Den: Monster Hunter Gatherings
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 02:00:04 am »
Everyone who has a PSP modded or not should show up to this. If you have a willingness to learn a team oriented game you'll have a BLAST. Don't be afraid to play with us, even if you think you'll hold the rest of the team back. I'll also bring Fate/Unlimited Codes (and the ISO for others) if anyone wants to play that on the side.

Also: this Burger King is AWESOME. Try to keep the noise level down. Hype / cheers / whatever is encouraged (Charles knows I get HUNGRY for MH), but remember we will be playing in a business serving customers. This is a privilege, not a right. Charles said he will flesh this out more in an edit. I'm fine with cosplay as long as you aren't some loli dressed in a ridiculously scant 2 piece with a tail. People in fursuits are not okay, and will be burned on sight. Use your judgement, people. I really wanna stress us to act somewhat appropriate because I frequent this place. If you have any questions about this, please ask me.

In addition: Milkshake drinking contest is a definite possibility... how many 42oz milkshakes can YOU drink??
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:14:23 am by ha~ma »