Author Topic: Slightly Anime Dating Game 09  (Read 39470 times)

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
Slightly Anime Dating Game 09
« on: July 20, 2009, 12:51:58 pm »
Hey all, it's Sven. We're glad to announce that the Slightly Anime Dating Game will be returning to Kumoricon this year. And also happy to say that as of right now the Slightly Anime Dating Game is now a Kumoricon exclusive event! Oh we know there are other dating games out there, but none of the have Kilts! If anyone has any questions let me know.
Autobots, transform and ROLL OUT!

Offline NoaYuuki

• Oni
Re: Slightly Anime Dating Game 09
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 07:42:55 pm »
I have a question; do you have videos of past events that you've done? Like at sakura-con and any others you've done. I would like to watch them. Please message me back with your responce.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:45:51 pm by NoaYuuki »

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 10:25:57 pm »
Do you know what day this'll be happening? I'd love to come!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 11:40:32 pm »
I'm attending whenever it is scheduled! :D
And so it begins...

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 03:18:26 pm »
We don't have any video of past events. Sorry.

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 01:41:27 pm »
but none of them have Kilts!

One of the contributing factors to why the Slightly Anime Dating Game will always be close to my heart and the only event at Kumoricon that I must go to. ;)

Also, the hilarity that ensues during the game is awesome.

Thank you for coming back again, I will definitely be attending.
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:44:32 pm »
id love to attend this... Another event I need to make sure to have a clock on me so that I don't miss anything.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 01:14:55 am »
...Were you guys doing this in the park last year?
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Kaynin

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 06:48:37 pm »
...Were you guys doing this in the park last year?

No, we are the "Slightly" Anime Dating Game and are part of the convention inside the Center.
The ones in the park are completely different people and I don't think thy have anything to actually do with the con.

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 11:13:29 pm »
ok i have a question how do you sign up for being the person to ask the question to the people in the 3 or how many other chairs? i've always wanted to join into one of the Datting games that's why i'm asking.
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 05:38:54 pm »
We will be picking people out of the line for our event about 30min. before the show starts. So just be in line and be in costume!

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 06:11:36 pm »
ok then.. but what day is it on? cause i might be Prince from 1/2 prince.. also if one is picked do they make up the questions or do you have the questions?
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 06:32:23 pm »
woot, must wait in line so that I have a shot.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 01:03:51 am »
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 01:23:53 am »
ooo~ sounds fun =w = ~ what line?
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 09:29:38 am »
ok then.. but what day is it on? cause i might be Prince from 1/2 prince.. also if one is picked do they make up the questions or do you have the questions?

We have all the questions written before hand so all the "prizes" need to do is read them. As for the video it is partly us. That is my friend Chris and his girlfriend that covered for us that year when I could not make it. Chris has been with me up on stage for most of the Games I have done as Slightly Anime, but that year most of us couldn't make it.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 01:55:45 pm »
Ah man so looking forward to this again! The line does not exist!
Secrety secrets!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 08:19:40 pm »
It was so much fun last year! I'm just sad no one posted video from last year's contest. At least I could never find it. My friend really wants to enter again. She's looking forward to it so badly! You better believe my friends and I will be there!
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 08:21:35 pm »
this is going to be awesome, hope I can actually get up there, I tend to do more funny things in front of  a large audience.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 01:05:43 am »
I am so going! : D
These are ALWAYS hilarious~
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 01:37:07 am »
Is this event 18+ only?
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 09:15:38 am »
Is this event 18+ only?

if anything I think there is supposed to be one for 18+ and one for 17 and under, because I know quite a few people who are going that if they compete, they do not want to be hooked up with someone who's underage, and it's also a way to prevent anything bad from happening... Especially when dealing with certain creep's out there who might actually try something on someone who's underage, so I really hope there is 2 different types just to be careful.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 01:37:48 pm »
It was so much fun last year! I'm just sad no one posted video from last year's contest. At least I could never find it. My friend really wants to enter again. She's looking forward to it so badly! You better believe my friends and I will be there!

I'm trying to dedicate more of my time to filming events this year. If I'm available, I plan on filming this myself so I can put it on a DVD with all the other performances I'll be recording.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 03:04:06 pm »
Is this event 18+ only?

if anything I think there is supposed to be one for 18+ and one for 17 and under, because I know quite a few people who are going that if they compete, they do not want to be hooked up with someone who's underage, and it's also a way to prevent anything bad from happening... Especially when dealing with certain creep's out there who might actually try something on someone who's underage, so I really hope there is 2 different types just to be careful.

There is the Girl Genius Dating game, which is characters from the webcomic, and this one.. they are only dating games at con.

And it's a bit of a misnomer.. the "date" is a picture of the happy couple.  It's not an actual date.

You may be thinking of a speed dating/meet-and-greet type thing.  There was talk of having an 18+ and an under 17,  but that is not happening this year.

And no, this is not an 18+ panel.  There is a line, and they may get close to the line, but it's not over the line ;)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 03:30:38 pm »
Is this event 18+ only?

ya, I did hear talk of a speed dating like thing, that's probably what I was thinking of, but it's good to not get over the line... Especially with some con goers, you have to be careful.
There is the Girl Genius Dating game, which is characters from the webcomic, and this one.. they are only dating games at con.

And it's a bit of a misnomer.. the "date" is a picture of the happy couple.  It's not an actual date.

You may be thinking of a speed dating/meet-and-greet type thing.  There was talk of having an 18+ and an under 17,  but that is not happening this year.

And no, this is not an 18+ panel.  There is a line, and they may get close to the line, but it's not over the line ;)

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 04:33:34 pm »
Well, our happy director of programing pretty much summed it all up. We are not over 18. We believe in innuendo not vulgarity. That is "the line". And just to let Everyone know, the game is completed! Everything is wrote out and ready to go, and I think we have a good game for you this year. Also Tom if you get video of this on a DVD you will be my Hero forever! Quick note, we're also putting on a panel about dating and drama at con. ("we" being, me and my lovely wife). That is if our all powerful directer of programing found time for it. I'm not sure if it's going to be 18+ or not maybe the mighty director can tell us. Anyway, it was a lot of fun last year with a lot of great story's getting shared. So come join us for that as well. See you all there!

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 06:16:27 pm »
That is if our all powerful directer of programing found time for it. I'm not sure if it's going to be 18+ or not maybe the mighty director can tell us. Anyway, it was a lot of fun last year with a lot of great story's getting shared. So come join us for that as well. See you all there!

It's not 18+, but it is after curfew :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 06:19:12 pm »
this is going to be awesome, hope I can actually get up there, I tend to do more funny things in front of  a large audience.

If this event is similar to previous ones, the bachelor/bachelorette(s) are chosen from the line just before the event and will ask the contestants questions from a script. The contestants are then chosen from the audience during the even. I recall 4-5+ are chosen by the hosts who ask a series of random "this or that" questions. The contestants are the ones who "improvise" all answers on stage. You may have more fun as a contestant.

Someone correct me if my memory failed! ^_^

I think the audience has all the fun! :) I will be there and not be square!
And so it begins...

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 09:21:43 pm »

If this event is similar to previous ones, the bachelor/bachelorette(s) are chosen from the line just before the event and will ask the contestants questions from a script. The contestants are then chosen from the audience during the even. I recall 4-5+ are chosen by the hosts who ask a series of random "this or that" questions. The contestants are the ones who "improvise" all answers on stage. You may have more fun as a contestant.

Someone correct me if my memory failed! ^_^

I think the audience has all the fun! :) I will be there and not be square!

ya, your right, normally the bachelor/bacheloret normally act out their character on how they would ask that question, and the contestants have to do random things... Like this one time, my friend Brandon was chosen to go up there, and he had to describe how his magical girl transformation would go, and what his powers were... As he described it, his transformation involved a bunch of flashing light's that would give little kid's siezures, and his power was the ability to change people's emotions or sex by the touch of his wand.

Offline Hisaiume

• Cabbit
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 05:21:17 am »
I can't wait for this game again! And I must say thank you for keeping it all ages, I would hate for my 13 yr old sister to miss out! It's in my top two favorite things at the con.
Last year I was the moogle that won and my other sister (who's 18 now) was the chocobo that ended up with the zombie! I intend on lining up early because I would love to switch places and be on the other end asking the questions this year.
Also I loove the kilts! The eye candy is in you hosts!
Saturday: Blush 100%
Sunday: Toad 95%
Monday: Moogle 60%

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 03:18:51 pm »
I can't wait for this game again! And I must say thank you for keeping it all ages, I would hate for my 13 yr old sister to miss out! It's in my top two favorite things at the con.
Last year I was the moogle that won and my other sister (who's 18 now) was the chocobo that ended up with the zombie! I intend on lining up early because I would love to switch places and be on the other end asking the questions this year.

I agree. And I remember you two! Aww and ur sisters too! CUTE!

Sunday, 10 pm, BE THERE PEEPS! ^_^
And so it begins...

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 03:23:29 pm »

wow, so there are 3 dating games I will be attending then, 2 on saturday, and one on sunday... Who knows, I might get a date *joking of coarse, but one could hope*

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 04:59:14 pm »
Well it is official. The Slightly Anime Dating Game will be on Sunday night at 10pm. Me and my wonderful wife will also be hosting a late night panel about con dating and drama, it's called "I saw you kissing that cat girl!" and it's on Sat at 12:30am so if your amped up on caffeine drinks and can't sleep come join us.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 05:04:02 pm »
Well it is official. The Slightly Anime Dating Game will be on Sunday night at 10pm. Me and my wonderful wife will also be hosting a late night panel about con dating and drama, it's called "I saw you kissing that cat girl!" and it's on Sat at 12:30am so if your amped up on caffeine drinks and can't sleep come join us.

now that sounds like fun as well... dangit, already so many I have to go to now.

Offline Hisaiume

• Cabbit
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 09:56:15 pm »

Oh we will be there that's for sure! This time I'm being a chocobo in battle gear and my sis is being a female version of Toad. She has a huuge hat for it! I can't wait to go again! A week is too long to wait!
Saturday: Blush 100%
Sunday: Toad 95%
Monday: Moogle 60%

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 11:23:08 am »
So I'm getting all packed so I can leave for Con tomorrow. If anyone wants to talk to me about the Slightly Anime Dating Game at con just look for; the kilt, a ninja, Kazuma Kwabara, Toga, Frank N, Furter, or a Hunter in the presence of a witch, smoker, and Zoey. look for them in no particular order. although Frank N Furter and the Hunter will both be in the evening.

Offline mangakaluna

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 04:38:23 pm »
HEYYAAA

This is the Link who won in the second round-
I had to leave early, so I didn't receive my pictures...

Btw: SLIGHTLY ANIME DATING GAME WAS AWESOOOOOOOOOME <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 04:55:30 pm »
Hey everyone, just wanted to send out a HUGE thank you to everyone that came to this years Slightly Anime Dating Game. Speaking for the entire Slightly Anime crew, we had a blast this year, thank you so much! We did get this on tape this year, and I believe that Tom the Fanboy did as well. So it should be getting posted somewhere at some point. Hopfully we'll see everyone back again next year. And Again that you for all the great memories.

Sven, of SADG.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 11:35:11 pm »
We did not just cross the line; we defiled it repeatedly, and then left it on the side of the road to slowly die.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 03:18:30 pm »
As I and my newly attending friends of the SADG 'The line does not exist!' and 'Show us your line!' Sven you and your group made con for some of us jaded con-goers this year! Am going to watch the vids and will look forward to next year with bated breath and signs for when we can't scream no more! ;D
Secrety secrets!

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 03:22:14 pm »
this was my favorite thing out of con... It was great listening to the questions, the answers, and the greatest of all, the look on the hosts face and some of his remarks... that made my entire con experience this year great.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 05:36:59 pm »
SADG was the BEST event in my book this year--which also goes for previous years too~ I had tears from laughing so hard~ ^_^

Every one was awesome, especially the hosts! GREAT JOB! I am looking forward to attending next year. Please continue the awesomeness!!!

awww...doggy has spelling error~ :P
And so it begins...

Offline Binney

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 11:49:55 pm »
I was Batgirl during the last round.
This is my favourite panel out of all!
Thanks for the memories!

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 01:01:57 am »
I was Batgirl during the last round.
This is my favourite panel out of all!
Thanks for the memories!

oh my god, you probably just changed my entire view on batgirl from now on... just everything you said worked so well, and you had such great come backs... But ya, I will never look at Rainbow Bright or the Lightning person the same way again do to this event...

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 01:30:38 pm »
Well the Slightly Anime Dating Game is now up on Youtube. God help us all.

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2009, 01:34:26 pm »
Thanks for making it all ages. I'm 15 and went with my other 15 year old friends. Lets just say it was fun to see their faces when someone answered xD
Sakuracon~

Offline minilla

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • davidhogue.com
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2009, 01:39:40 pm »
Videos:
    Round 1 (Zombie Girl): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT5qKUi1CzY
    Round 2 (Eva Unit 01): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS7v0fyJVIM
    Round 3 (Toad): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Ir990sMv0
    Round 4 (Kirby): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9u729ggMPw
    Round 5 (Sumomo): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj0XkTgtrNU
    Round 6 (The Spirit): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6HkTszUM8s

I think TomtheFanboy got video as well which might make it onto a Kumoricon 09 DVD.  His might be better since we're kind of new at this video thing.

Pics will be posted soon.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:37:01 am by minilla »

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2009, 04:32:27 pm »
yay, I'm glad to see this up on youtube, this has got to be the greatest thing at con.

Offline minilla

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • davidhogue.com
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2009, 11:20:28 pm »
Round 1: Zombie Girl & Starscream

Round 2: Eva Unit 01 & Link

Round 3: Toad & Alucard

Round 4: Kirby & C.C.

Round 5: Sumomo & Jack Skellington

Round 6: The Spirit & Batgirl

And just for fun:
 -    -   -

And more bonus pics at: http://davidhogue.com/~david/datinggame_kumoricon09/
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 12:01:21 pm by minilla »

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2009, 12:11:39 am »
Those are awesome! This event was just EPIC! ^_^ The GIF's are funny as heck!
And so it begins...