Author Topic: Crossplay panel returning to KC '09  (Read 19744 times)

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
Crossplay panel returning to KC '09
« on: June 21, 2009, 12:33:40 am »
Hi folks. Last year's first late night crossplay went over well and garnered enough interest that we're going to have more this year.

This time around I'll host a daytime version of a panel which everyone can attend (Crossplay 101), and we'll discuss freely but not get into anything above PG13 or so (well I'd say up to age 15 maybe). More slides too!

And we'll also bring back the late night crossplay panel (last year it was "Crossplay: Untucked!", this year it's "Crossplay: Tuck Everlasting"), where topics and discussion can be above PG13 and such, but never anything too...yucky I guess. There are bound to be surprises too...Let's untuck the truth!

I know I have one friend who will help me in terms of Male to Female crossplay. I think we have one for female to male crossplay panelists to help out, to get the other perspective on the subject. We could use more F to M or M to F panelists as well. Let us know if you'd like to help, and if you're committed to attending. Although stuff happens where you can't make it, I'd like to know for sure if you'll be there or not.

It should be fun and at the same time somewhat educational...

Anipike.com/Ani-maid productions
cosplayer, reporter
Preparing to make a cosplay comeback...

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
Re: Crossplay panel returning to KC '09
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 12:39:40 am »
These sound like interesting panels. I'll most likely attend one or the other of them, depending on which day(s) they are on. Since I'm going to be crossplaying, I'm sure I could do with as much information as possible. :3
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 07:49:45 pm »
:P I female to male crossplay. I'd like to help, seeing as I know a lot of binding and makeup tips, but I'm not sure if there's some kind of thing involving minors. xD; I'm 14, and will stay that by the con. If not, I am totally interested in attending.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:50:41 pm by Syd-chan »

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 02:50:13 pm »
:P I female to male crossplay. I'd like to help, seeing as I know a lot of binding and makeup tips, but I'm not sure if there's some kind of thing involving minors. xD; I'm 14, and will stay that by the con. If not, I am totally interested in attending.

You should be able to attend the daytime panel. The subject of binding is fine in the daytime as long as it's not too explicit. Of course make up is fine.

I'll make a note that you'd like to help. Thanks!
cosplayer, reporter

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 05:16:09 pm »
I'll be 16 by con and I prefer crossplaying a guys.
I'd be willing to help out since I do do some make-up and some binding [/doesn't need to bind that much XD]

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 08:07:53 pm »
Ha, I'm going to be 14 by the con, and I'll be crosplaying as a guy. I would certainly love to attend. 8D

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 08:18:36 pm »
I will try to make it. Two out of my three are males :P

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 02:49:08 pm »
This is pretty good we'll have plenty on both sides-hopefully we can fit everyone at a table. I usually have an outline written as a guide for topic discussion, then usually end it with slides of myself in crossplays nand any other panelists who have photos.
cosplayer, reporter

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 06:17:14 pm »
I look fwd to see this again
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 04:14:15 pm »
I'm planning on coming, but I'd like to know what day it is on ASAP so I can work my costumes around it.  I must wear Link on the days of the Masquerade and the Nintendo/Zelda photo shoot(s), so as long as those don't fall on the same day as the crossplay panels you'll have a maidboy at your service. :P

Also, please let me know if you could use any help from me with the panel.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:26:24 am by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 10:50:47 am »
Hi folks. Last year's first late night crossplay went over well and garnered enough interest that we're going to have more this year.

This time around I'll host a daytime version of a panel which everyone can attend (Crossplay 101), and we'll discuss freely but not get into anything above PG13 or so (well I'd say up to age 15 maybe). More slides too!

And we'll also bring back the late night crossplay panel (last year it was "Crossplay: Untucked!", this year it's "Crossplay: Tuck Everlasting"), where topics and discussion can be above PG13 and such, but never anything too...yucky I guess. There are bound to be surprises too...Let's untuck the truth!

I know I have one friend who will help me in terms of Male to Female crossplay. I think we have one for female to male crossplay panelists to help out, to get the other perspective on the subject. We could use more F to M or M to F panelists as well. Let us know if you'd like to help, and if you're committed to attending. Although stuff happens where you can't make it, I'd like to know for sure if you'll be there or not.

It should be fun and at the same time somewhat educational...

Would you like another M->F panelist? I had alot of fun at this year's SC panel and really love your crossplays & panels
I will be there as part of Team Sakura table exchange and have applied to play in KC's Cosplay Chess game so I hope there isn't a schedule conflict with that.
I can bring my makeup kit to the panel too if that would be useful.

See ya!
Kisses,
Tessa
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 03:47:40 pm »
can i go to the late night one? i'm 17 and i talk about mature stuff....sooo is it cool?

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 03:03:36 pm »
can i go to the late night one? i'm 17 and i talk about mature stuff....sooo is it cool?

Age Requirements
the events that you can attend vary based on your age. Here is the age breakdown:

12 and under – Can attend all events that do not have an age restriction until convention curfew at midnight**, and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian paid attendee.

13-17 – Can attend all events that do not have an age restriction until convention curfew at midnight**, and must have a Parental Permission Form on file by check-in.

18 and over – Can attend all events at the convention**, including age-restricted events by showing government-issued photo ID1 at the door to such events.

Curfew exception: For only the dances on Saturday and Sunday night, the curfew has been extended to 1am. The curfew remains at midnight for all other events and convention space.

I'm not sure about the age restriction thing, but based on the above KC policies, and since most likely the late night panel will happen at midnight or after, only 18+ could be allowed in. I'll check on that though to see if we need an age restriction for the panel. BUT if we don't have one and you can come in, you'll need a parental permission form on file with registration/check-in.

So far who we have to help out with the panel(s):
Millenium Strife (M-F) both panels
Michi (F-M) both panels
Syd-chan  (F-M) daytime
Sugarlat (F-M) daytime
Radien (M-F) depending on the schedule of events
Kato_Shiroi (M-F) both panels
DooFeRthePanda (?)(pending the curfew/restriction rule)

OH! so if any of you above have photos of your crossplays, it would be great to collect them, organize them so we can have a slide show for the panel at the end. If you do PM me and I can give you my email to send th em to, then we can put them on a disc or something.
cosplayer, reporter

Offline DooFeRthePanda

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 07:40:44 pm »
can i send my pic in like in a few weeks(needs to be completed) its me as ash kethcum yup yup

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 08:31:55 pm »
This sounds really interesting, I'll try to attend either one if I get the chance to. Since I tend to do more male than female cosplays, crossplay, I always find it good to learn new tricks!~~
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 11:46:11 pm »
i just realised my pakkun cosplay is crossplay
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 01:29:04 am »
I'm going for sure! And I can help with anything needed. This is my first year actually crossplaying, but I've crossdressed as a guy many times (and it's pretty much the same).

I can also get some pictures of my Sven cosplay to you--when I get them.

Do you know what day/time this'll be yet?
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 03:27:52 am »
If it's on Saturday, I probably won't be able to wear my maid crossplay, but I can commit to attend nevertheless.

One thing I might say about it, though: I'd rather see a shortened slide show and have an open discussion at the end, if possible. I don't know whether the late-night panel already does it that way, but it'd be less intimidating for people to brainstorm with each other, under panelist guidance of course.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:34:17 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 07:32:14 am »
can i send my pic in like in a few weeks(needs to be completed) its me as ash kethcum yup yup

Sure. We should start making a CD by early August.

I haven't heard yet on the times of the panels. I'll go ask them.

Last year at the late night panel it was very loose and random, because we were waiting for the right equipment which never arrived, and had to move around to find a working outlet for the microphone.  We just started introducing ourselves, and talked about our beginnings. Then we quickly opened up to a Q and A kind of thing until our time was up.  I hope this year things will run much smoother and we'll have the proper equipment that works.

Since we have more participants/panelists, that'll mean less photos to even things out and then more time for discussion.
cosplayer, reporter

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 02:54:58 pm »
Last year at the late night panel it was very loose and random, because we were waiting for the right equipment which never arrived, and had to move around to find a working outlet for the microphone.  We just started introducing ourselves, and talked about our beginnings. Then we quickly opened up to a Q and A kind of thing until our time was up.  I hope this year things will run much smoother and we'll have the proper equipment that works.

Since we have more participants/panelists, that'll mean less photos to even things out and then more time for discussion.

Sounds great. :)

As for preparations, I've learned to plan for the worst and assume that the necessary equipment won't be there when I arrive. One time when I ran a panel, the room's projector was even there for the previous panel, but the panelists next door snatched it right before I arrived.

If possible, I'll arrive early just in case you need a gopher. I'm registered staff, so I might be able to get slightly quicker results. Sound good? ^^
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:07:18 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 07:27:27 am »

Sounds great. :)

As for preparations, I've learned to plan for the worst and assume that the necessary equipment won't be there when I arrive. One time when I ran a panel, the room's projector was even there for the previous panel, but the panelists next door snatched it right before I arrived.

If possible, I'll arrive early just in case you need a gopher. I'm registered staff, so I might be able to get slightly quicker results. Sound good? ^^

It does sound good. I'll also check in an hour early or so as well to make sure they know I'm there and aware of what we need.
cosplayer, reporter

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 01:54:52 am »
It does sound good. I'll also check in an hour early or so as well to make sure they know I'm there and aware of what we need.

Yeah, an hour early should be plenty of time. ^^ If you don't get everything you need within that time, something's terribly wrong.

Apollo Justice

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 12:51:25 pm »
Okay so now would be a good time to start gathering photos of crossplayers for a CD slide show. You can PM me and then I'll give you the email where to send it.

Send your best crossplay pics and/or favorite crossplay photo(s), not too many. Depending on how many photos I get and the length panel we may have to pick from them. If you wish, you could send a series of pics of you getting prepped, and dressed for crossplay, and then the finished product (we could use that for the late night, depending on how presentable you are in the pics lol).

Ciao!
cosplayer, reporter

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 07:33:17 am »
Okay, so we have times for the panels now:

Crossplay 101: Saturday 2-3:30pm

Crossplay: Tuck Everlasting!: midnight to 1:30am Saturday (or rather early Sunday)

These could be adjusted according to the Programming dept., but that's what we have so far. They're pretty good times.  The late night panel will be 18+.
cosplayer, reporter

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 08:00:35 am »
Excellent. Got it in my little black book and I will be there.
Let me know if you need help or anything for the panels.

Ja ne!
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 04:28:42 pm »
I'll probably be able to attend the late night panel.  I'll be crossplaying as Mikuru Asahina in a bunnygirl outfit.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 11:07:06 pm »
Okay there have been changes to the times for the panels:

Crossplay 101 is now at 4pm-5:30pm On Saturday

Crossplay: Tuck Everlasting is now at 12:30am to 2am late Saturday/early Sunday.

Please make a note of it. Also please PM me about sending crossplay photos of yourself if you want to be in the slide show. Thanks.
cosplayer, reporter

Offline BloodyWhisker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 06:05:09 pm »
Oooh, a Crossplay panel. :3 Sounds neat!
I'll try and make it there if I can.
Cosplays for '12:
Homestuck: Sollux - 45%

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 03:03:37 pm »
FINAL SCHEDULE

Crossplay 101 is on Saturday at 3:30pm at Panel Room 1

Crossplay: Tuck Everlasting! (18+ only, bring your ID!!!)will be at 12:30am late Saturday/early Sunday also in Panel Room 1.

See you there!
cosplayer, reporter