Author Topic: Shaping up for the con?  (Read 111552 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Shaping up for the con?
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2009, 11:39:15 am »
Oh man, I am sore today. I can do a bunch of sit-ups and never feel it but I do 20 pull ups and 20 dips and my abs are a little sore, not really sore like my butt but sore when I stretch.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2009, 11:57:18 am »
Yeah it's a really good idea to switch it up a lot. The best way to overall looking better is to keep changing what you do so your whole body gets a workout you end up making more muscle and the more muscle you have the more base calories you burn a day. It looks a lot better in the end then say, just lifting weights, having buff biceps and a flabby stomach heh.
If you're really out of shape try and just run for like a half a mile then the next day walk a mile or two. My body knows when i'm about to do some exercise and gets in a mode, or at least thats what it feels like, and at first your body might be going wtf are you doing?!

Oh yeah and one more thing don't do strait one thing like 50 sit ups, do like 20 sit ups, 20 push ups and repeat 2-3 times
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:19:17 pm by NeonFoxRocks »
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2009, 05:30:52 pm »
found out at the beginning of this week sage is going to make me come over to her house practically all summer and we're going to jog around this path at a park near her house. So she can stay in shape, I can get in shape, and she can get tan.

We also plan on going to a river or lake somewhere so I can work out and she can tan even more.  8)
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline mattstotts46

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/mattstotts
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2009, 12:13:08 am »
I need to get some new workout shoes! I've destroyed my workout shoes and my running shoes are showing signs that they need to be replaced. I need to find me a jogging partner, so I can start running again or get a Ipod shuffle. Something to distract my body from saying "take a break"
Hello. My name is Matt. I like Twilight and the Jonas Brothers.

Offline Dapan Chan

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart Account
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2009, 12:29:04 am »
Maannnnn
I haven't really worked out since Freshman High School PE...
.__.;;;
I really need to get my act together or I'll look like a stereotypical otaku in some shows...
all fat and sweaty and... ... ... somehow I'll gender change to be a man???
XD

Ha ha... then I had this new years resolution to play DDR or Wii fit for an hour... that soon went away...
.__.

Maaannn I really need to get motivated and run or something... or eat better... but alas... I'm too lazy and un-motivated to do either
*shrugs*
Where do ya'll get your motivation other then 'I WANT TO LOOK GREAT IN MY COSPLAY!?'
Because even me saying that to myself = fission mailed.
LOST MY FUJIFILM FINEPIX J10!!!
I put it on the missing board and accidentally labeled it a Nikon.
PLEASE CONTACT IF FOUND

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2009, 12:47:35 am »
I just incorporate it with my daily schedule I don't want to pay 75 bucks a month to ride a bus with a bunch of (possibly) sick people on it, so i ride my bike. Running takes quite a bit to warm up to, back when i was running it took me a couple months to actually run for a full 30 mins, but when i got to that point I could run for a very long time, like until my body felt exhausted... Man that felt great =) It was really fun; changing strides, leading (most) of the pack, motivating people I lapped

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2009, 08:40:50 am »
Hahaha, I look at people who are in shape, and think a lot about exercising. It's really not that hard to do once you start doing it. It's just getting yourself to do it that's the hard part. I also think about how tired I am of feeling the way I do, and that if I don't want to feel that way anymore, then I have to do something about it.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2009, 10:50:26 am »
I woke up this morning and put on one of my smaller shirts and I was very happy with what I saw. I looked great. I feel great, I just need to keep this up for the last three weeks that I am here. After that I can jog in the park and I have a wii fit so something to help me strengthen muscles (not that I need it for that :P )

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2009, 10:56:46 am »
I hate losing weight some times cause i'm right on the cusp of a 32 waist and a 34. So when i work out my 34's don't fit, when I don't my 32's don't. I guess its not that bad, there's always belts =P

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2009, 11:24:03 am »
Because of this thread, I skipped out on dessert  >=O
That's true dedication Hida-Chan.~
Because of you, I won't eat an icecream cone later like I was plannig too.
YOU INSPIRE ME.~
[/lol] xD

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2009, 04:12:10 pm »
I haven't replied for a while. .w.;;
Anyways, again for the bike rides. My father and I are doing them every morning now. Boy how awesome it is to wake up at five every morning and be awake super early to feel alive for the day. x3  <3
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2009, 04:14:39 pm »
UGH that doesn't sound like too much fun. I much rather sleep in and go after school that early in the morning. I will probably do some weight stuff tonight but we'll see.

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2009, 04:58:09 pm »
I've lost a whole pound ;D Heck yes.

Ohoh. I have a tip. Make sure you exercise at one time. It takes 10 minutes for fat to start burning. So if you do 4 15 minute jogs at different times during the day, you only get, what 20 minutes of actual fat burning? The rest of the time all you burn is Carbs. If you do an entire hour at one time, you get 50 minutes of fat burning!

UGH.
I'm so puffy today LOL XD

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2009, 07:19:55 pm »
Thats great on loosing weight, congrats.

Offline Brendan2

• Cabbit
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2009, 10:01:24 pm »
I need to gain weight maby like 15 pounds.
Then lose it and make some muscles im a skinny dude;S

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2009, 07:34:36 am »
I got another bike ride in this morning. Looks like things are shaping up for me. (No pun intended. d:) I also started to do three sets of thirty bicycle crunches, twenty sit-ups, and fifteen push-ups. I'm getting there. xD
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2009, 11:44:08 am »
I'm planning on riding my bike to Joann's today, so all should keep progressing =D
Sakuracon~

Offline JulianaRose

• Cabbit
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2009, 12:21:17 pm »
Everyone is doing so good  ;D  I'm doing pretty good...haven't really been to the gym in the last couple days but I've been eating pretty healthy and working alot.  I'm always rushing around helping customers and lifting heavy boxes.  At this rate, I'm confident that I'll be at a healthy weight by the con.  At my height I'm supposed to weigh a maximum of 154 lbs.  So I just need to lose about 11-13 pounds by then.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2009, 07:07:49 pm »
Um, I've been doing more Wii fit lately, but I'm alot more lazy now that the track season has ended. xD

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2009, 07:15:36 pm »
Did tons a walking around the zoo today. So theres my excersize for the day! A WHOLE 5 HOURS OF IT!
My feets dont like me no more.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2009, 08:22:56 pm »
Did tons a walking around the zoo today. So theres my excersize for the day! A WHOLE 5 HOURS OF IT!
My feets dont like me no more.

Haha, same here! It also didn't help that my boots are half a size too small, but oh well, lol.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2009, 08:33:46 pm »

Ohoh. I have a tip. Make sure you exercise at one time. It takes 10 minutes for fat to start burning. So if you do 4 15 minute jogs at different times during the day, you only get, what 20 minutes of actual fat burning? The rest of the time all you burn is Carbs. If you do an entire hour at one time, you get 50 minutes of fat burning!

UGH.

BUT

It is also best to work out in small portions throughout the day~
 Because if you burn all your calories in one workout then you have to replace them all by eating etc.etc.
 Hence why it's best to work out 10 minutes three times a day (which is 30 minutes) five days a week~ : 3 I hope that made sense!

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2009, 11:02:09 am »
That does. ^^
If you eat too much after exercising a lot, it isn't really doing the body that good of a job. D:
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2009, 11:47:10 am »
I'm going to get a lot of walking in today. We are going to go to the Rose Festival. After that I have to work more. YAY for excessive amounts of walking.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2009, 12:25:56 pm »
Yay, walking is good. x3
If it gets hot enough, I'll go swimming today, and if not I'll probably just go on Wii fit for like an hour or so.~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2009, 02:53:34 pm »
Well that was fun, going to rest up now before work. I'll probably use the wii fit tomorrow ;D

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2009, 05:55:29 pm »

UGH.

BUT

It is also best to work out in small portions throughout the day~
 Because if you burn all your calories in one workout then you have to replace them all by eating etc.etc.
 Hence why it's best to work out 10 minutes three times a day (which is 30 minutes) five days a week~ : 3 I hope that made sense!

That makes sense too. I guess it just depends on your eating habits XD I would only burn carbs if I did 3 10 minute sessions. I WANT TO LOSE FAT AUGH TT-TT

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2009, 08:28:14 pm »
I worked in my grammas garden on Friday from 10AM to 8AM. Man, I'm sore. x.x; Yesterday we did a zombie/survivor photoshoot in an abandoned house and some guys barn, so that was fun. >D Tomorrow I might go play tennis with a friend for a bit.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2009, 10:55:07 pm »
I'M SORTA GLAD THAT I'M YOUNG 'CAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY AS MUCH ABOUT MY EATING HABITS. :'D
...Or maybe it's just my high metablism.

My parents say I'm getting chubbier. :P

Haha, I don't really worry about my eating habits either lol. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want and it's thanks to the high metabolism I got from my dad's side! But that doesn't mean I don't look lumpy in certain areas. I have to exercise really hard to work off my chubby cheeks, neck area and thighs. I also want toned abs and actual upper arm strength, haha~

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2009, 11:41:08 am »
Paddle ball. It burns OVER 9000 calories.

Or actually just alot ;D And its so much fun.
You should all go out and get a set (it might be called pickle ball too) when it gets warm and sunny in your area.
Its always more fun to have fun when you want to lose weight.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2009, 11:42:58 am »
Paddle ball. It burns OVER 9000 calories.

Or actually just alot ;D And its so much fun.
You should all go out and get a set (it might be called pickle ball too) when it gets warm and sunny in your area.
Its always more fun to have fun when you want to lose weight.

lol @ "OVER 9000 calories", haha.

And yes! Pickle/paddle ball is great fun! I haven't played it since high school lol, but now I really need to get a set, thanks for the reminder!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2009, 08:28:41 pm »
Today I helped my dad dig a hole, and I spread a big pile of compost around in our garden. I had no idea that you used your tummy muscles for shoveling. They hurt really bad afterwards.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2009, 08:30:20 pm »
I did a lot of yard work today too. I had to trim a bush with some electric hedge clippers. While I was doing it the power cord got stuck in it and when I turned it on sparks flew by my face x.x

But aside from that hard work I just ate quite a bit of cake, so I may be doing some squats latter tonight to try to work SOME of it off. XD

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2009, 08:32:55 pm »
I did a lot of yard work today too. I had to trim a bush with some electric hedge clippers. While I was doing it the power cord got stuck in it and when I turned it on sparks flew by my face x.x

But aside from that hard work I just ate quite a bit of cake, so I may be doing some squats latter tonight to try to work SOME of it off. XD

Owie! I actually didn't hurt myself---wait, nevermind, I had to cut some raspberry bushes today and they wern't very nice. But my brother dropped a rock on his foot...usually I do that. It must be rubbing off on him.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2009, 08:34:10 pm »
I didn't get hurt luckily, I also found a snake ^_^ I had fun playing with it XD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2009, 09:58:22 pm »
I've finally started working out again after recovering from retarded injuries (mostly a minor concussion, yuck).

My boyfriend, being the lovely man that he is, has agreed to work out with me so I'm not lonely. We went running tonight though and I forgot that my asthma has started acting up again and I ended up almost having an attack in the middle of the street.
All is fine and well though. We ended up walking for the rest of our run, I just need to remember not to overexert myself for a bit.
Worked on some stomach and arm exercises too, I'm exhausted, but I think that's mostly from trying to fight off an attack :\
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2009, 06:08:03 am »
I'M SORTA GLAD THAT I'M YOUNG 'CAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY AS MUCH ABOUT MY EATING HABITS. :'D
...Or maybe it's just my high metablism.

My parents say I'm getting chubbier. :P
Same. ='D
And it's pretty easy for me to lose weight if I need too.
LolChubbyDana. x3 Jkjk.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2009, 08:47:03 am »
back on my regular workout routine today. ;D I am looking forward to working out ^_^

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2009, 09:23:34 am »
I need to get back into mine. Counting three weeks off now @_@

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2009, 09:24:23 am »
I go right after my classes because I know if I go back to my room I wont go out latter ^_^;

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2009, 05:13:03 pm »
Well I missed the bus today so I walked home...I guess you could count that. Especially since I had a stupid backpack on my back. :P

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2009, 05:27:43 pm »
ok I messed up my back doing yard work Monday so I wont be working out for a little while. I guess I will be eating healthy to make sure I don't gain weight :P

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2009, 06:22:17 pm »
Aww, I hope your back gets better soon nikki! (Is it okay if I call you that? I understand if I can't orz)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2009, 07:11:51 pm »
It was feeling better but it is hurting again. I'm sure it will be gone in a few days, and it's fine if you call me nikki, everyone else dose ^_^

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2009, 06:11:50 am »
Aw, I hope you get better soon Nikki. <3

As for me, I was swimming yesterday, and afterwards I went on the trampoline..
But on the trampoline I did a front flip too close to the edge and my ankle hit the medal rim, so I think I sprained it or something.
Heh heh, oops. x3

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2009, 08:19:02 am »
wow lots of people getting hurt. x.x

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2009, 08:51:43 am »
Yeah, that's what it seems like. >.<
I just hope it's not broken.. That would make cosplay a bit difficult..

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2009, 11:14:20 am »
I don't think it is broken. Though it could be. Can you put any pressure on it?

Offline mitsuki

• Chibi
« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2009, 11:41:28 am »
I hope that both Nikki and StarryShay feel better. You both are working very hard and that's what counts. :) It's great to see this kind of energy and I only hope that I can drop the last 5 or 6 pounds left before I hit the goal weight for my cosplay.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2009, 11:44:17 am »
My back feels a lot better today, still hurts but the advil takes all the pain away. I might be up for walking today after my last class. I'll take my gym clothes just in case