Author Topic: Shaping up for the con?  (Read 111404 times)

Offline JulianaRose

• Cabbit
Shaping up for the con?
« on: May 16, 2009, 08:23:04 am »
I know I'm not the only one looking to lose some pounds before the con.  I'm really wanting to lose 15-20 by September.  The character I'm going as wears a spagetti strap summer dress, so I'd like to shape up between now and then!

Right now I'm just trying to eat healthier (that's the biggest problem) and going to the gym 4-6 days a week.

And you?  ;D

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: Shaping up for the con?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 08:32:32 am »
Ah, I was supposed to be exercising...but I don't know what happened to that, haha! I took a break from my daily workout about two weeks ago, but I'm going to pick it up again tomorrow, lol. I HAVE been trying to get my eight glasses of water a day though (which I didn't pay attention to before), so I hope I'm helping myself out just a little bit.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 08:48:29 am »
I'm going to be wearing Albel again so my stomach needs to look as good as it does now if not better. I also am cosplaying Cloud Stife from Advent Children and he has some pretty big arms so I will be working on bulking those up. My organization jacket is also going to be quite formfitting but I am not too worried about that. What I am worried about is the swimsuit contest :P

So yeah, I will be working out quite a bit between now and the con. Once I get home I'll try jogging every day and do strength training for arms every other day and legs the days I'm not doing my arms ;D

Thats the plan at least, we'll see if I am able to follow through with it XD

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 09:19:30 am »
I just started focusing on shaping up for my cosplays a little over a week ago. Just eating moderately and jogging every morning. I hate jogging! But it works for me better than anything else. So far I've lost 3 pounds :D Now I just have to keep it up! ^^

Great anime review site! http://www.otakureview.net/

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 10:40:55 am »
I'd like to shape up by k-con...And I was doing pretty good to, then Track season ended and I've been lazing around the house for a week. Geh I really need to start excersising again. :P
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 10:45:44 am »
Yeah I didn't do any cardio this week but I really didn't have the chance. I was busy a lot.

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 11:01:11 am »
I THINK YOU'RE ALL BEAUTIFUL JUST THE WAY YOU ARE.
Sakuracon~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 11:06:23 am »
I just started focusing on shaping up for my cosplays a little over a week ago. Just eating moderately and jogging every morning. I hate jogging! But it works for me better than anything else. So far I've lost 3 pounds :D Now I just have to keep it up! ^^

Urgh, I hate jogging too. There's an elementary school directly behind my house (and I mean DIRECTLY, we get sports balls and stuff in our backyard all the time, lol) and they have a track sorta thing going around the field. I used to jog during the summer in the mornings, but you know Oregon weather, it's terrible any other time of the year, haha!

And thank you Hidamari, lol.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 12:05:40 pm »
Well, at least you're all on the right track. There's only one way to lose weight, and it's not by eating "lite" and "low fat".
I was weighing 180+ lbs back in high school, then I stopped eating fast food and drinking soda. Seriously. That alone can help you lose at least 20 lbs in a couple months (depending on your eating habits already). If you have a job, that'll help even more.
Without a car, I have to walk for over an hour to get to work. And then back again after working in a warehouse. No matter how much I eat, I can't get above 143 lbs.

Making food yourself is definitely healthier, too. Water is great because if you're hungry, drink a glass and you're pretty much satiated. Personally, I put at least a teaspoon of sugar into almost everything I eat/drink, such as just simple water, rice, some sandwiches, and hashbrowns (I see you making a o.O face but it's good). It'll keep your energy up.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 12:37:39 pm »
I THINK YOU'RE ALL BEAUTIFUL JUST THE WAY YOU ARE.

aww thank you rachie

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 01:28:16 pm »
YOU'RE WELCOME PRETTIES.

Although I'd like to start riding my bike  more often.
Sakuracon~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 01:49:20 pm »
YOU'RE WELCOME PRETTIES.

Although I'd like to start riding my bike  more often.

Ah! I haven't ridden a bicycle in awhile, that's a great idea!

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 01:54:40 pm »
I want to start riding my bike to school, but i don't have the timing out yet,. I hate being late...
Sakuracon~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 02:10:31 pm »
I used to ride my bike to class back in high school, but my university is too far away to do that now >.<

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 03:01:38 pm »
My house is fairly close to my school. It's a forty minute walk, so the bike ride should be about 20 minutes. i just got a lock recently, too.

How far are you?
Sakuracon~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 03:11:19 pm »
Wow! I live in Gresham, and my high school was a 5-minute bike ride. Now I go to PSU, so if I wanted to ride my bike there from my house, I suspect it will take at least 30 minutes to an hour!

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 03:18:27 pm »
That WOULD be a while. Maybe if you REALLY want to excersize xD

I have relatives in France, who I visited for a month when I was 10. I came back really tan and fit, because we rode bikes everywhere around the village and town, sometimes over an hour or two.
Sakuracon~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 03:22:02 pm »
Whoa, nice!

I suppose I wouldn't mind riding my bike to school during the summer, but it's all the other seasons that worry me, haha. We Oregonians get lots more rainy days than sunny, and I don't wanna look like a wet dog caught in a storm when I show up to class!

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 03:39:34 pm »
yes yes, rain. I believe ew all have a love/hate relationship with that.
Sakuracon~

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 05:25:29 pm »
Whoo-hoo, shape up for k-con time! XP Oh man, weather is always the biggest problem. Darn you Oregon rain and cold!

Man, I miss high school when I was on the swim team - my body rocked! 5-6 days a week and one hour of constant swim with various lengths and strokes... maaaaan, that was the best thing ever. And aside from martial arts & marching band (it's exercise!) it's the only exercise I actually enjoy. XD

Unfortunately, no pools I can get to now... The Kroc Center is underway though!!! I can't wait for that to be open. >w< (For anyone who doesn't know what the Kroc Center is - it's a community center that is being built right now. It's going to be amazing!!!)

For now though I have a jumprope routine to accompany my taekwondo exercises. I eat healthy as it is... it's always the exercise that I need to work on. *laaazy person, faaar too entranced by the computer*
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 06:05:52 pm »
I'm getting in shape over the summer by running/biking along the bike path by my house. I plan on swimming a lot as well. Summer time=have to keep cool. lol

I've lost some more weight because I changed my diet again to something better and I've been stressed because of school so the pounds are just shluffing off. XD
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 06:15:01 pm »
i'm trying not to stuff my face as much and not eat as many sweets.
Sakuracon~

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 06:35:14 pm »
i'm trying not to stuff my face as much and not eat as many sweets.
It's hard though right? DX

I'm trying really hard but every time I eat a single brownie or something I feel like I need to either eat a tiny bit for the rest of the day or exercise a lot. I'm trying substitutions with food. I'm getting sorbet and frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. lol
da/tumblr

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 06:38:18 pm »
I'm vegitarian, and haltering on vegan, but that doesn't stop me from eating baked goods. But I have a healthier diet than most.

and yes! I feel like I've been eating nothing but excessive sweets lately!
Sakuracon~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 06:51:16 pm »
I'm getting in shape over the summer by running/biking along the bike path by my house. I plan on swimming a lot as well. Summer time=have to keep cool. lol

Argh, I wish I could swim. Alas I cannot >.<

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 06:54:07 pm »
Lol. I can't swim either...well I can underwater but I have troubles breathing and I run into peoplexD

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 06:56:35 pm »
My mom's boyfriend added mom onto his excersize club membership. With a pool. SO i can swim
Sakuracon~

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 07:13:30 pm »
Man, I need to take advantage of the Tigard High pool this summer before they cut it out completely. >.o  I'm hoping maybe some water aerobics sometime this summer.

As of now, I ride my bike pretty much every place I go or I walk (within walking distance). I walk to school every morning and back every afternoon (even though it isn't that far). In my aerobic fitness class at school we're starting up fitness walking so I'm psyched for that. xD  Because of that, it will be my second time going to Cook Park in one day. That's right. Now, since it's starting to warm up, my father has decided that we can go for bike rides in the morning. That means getting up at 5 am, even on school days. We ride for an hour, I eat breakfast and take a shower, and I'm off to school. It'll be good for me, but especially my father since he has high blood pressure. (Hopefully it will help him.) Also I am still doing my sit-ups, bicycle crunches, and push-ups everyday. ^^

As far as eating healthy, I have fruit at least three times a day (at every meal) because I love it so much! xD Vegetables at lunch and dinner help, too. Also I have faaaar more whole grains in my body now than I used to. My father is letting me get some more organic cereals and Kashi bars. d:  I am also still drinking skim milk even though my father hates it. xD  Also snack-wise, I realize that if I eat enough at meals (which is still not a lot) I can convince myself not to have a snack. For the most part I'm starting to eat a lot better which might not help with my weight (which is actually a lot of muscle according to my doctor), but will help me stay healthier. :3

Soso, I also have my summer exercise schedule planned out, and I WILL keep it. As soon as school gets out I am POSITIVE to keep up this routine. (unlike failed attempts, this will work D: <) I'll get up every morning like I have been and go on a bike ride, then come home eat breakfast and get cleaned up. Then before it gets too hot, I'll take the dogs for a walk down through the park. There is a DVD set called P90X that I want to start, but I'm not sure how I could afford it. ><  Anyways, if I get that I would do that in the morning, eat lunch, do afternoon stuff, dinner, and again take the dogs for a walk. So hopefully, by the time K-con rolls around, I'll be ready. >:3

Sorry this was so long. .w.
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 07:22:41 pm »
This is called excessive posting/ weight obession. If you do it wrong. I trust you, Elizabeth. Don't take it too far.
Sakuracon~

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 07:24:03 pm »
Excessive posting: yes
Weight obsession: no

I just felt like typing up my plans is all. And it wouldn't hurt me to lose ten or fifteen pounds. xB Lulz
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 07:24:48 pm »
Like I said, I trust you.
Sakuracon~

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 07:29:01 pm »
Heh. Thanks. xB
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline JulianaRose

• Cabbit
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 12:29:30 am »
Jumpin' Jehosaphat I leave this forum for twelve hours and I come back and it's 3 pages long  ;D

Glad to know you guys are all working on it...whatever makes you happy :)  I literally just got back from the gym.  The weather is getting so much better, so maybe I'll ride my bike around or go jogging rather then just doing it at the gym.

Must...reach...goal weight...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 01:17:10 am »
For me, shaping up for the con means shaping up for DDR.  I won't be entering the tournament this year if I can actually manage to get prizes for it, but I like to be at my best anyway, since I'll probably be playing DDR during most of my free time at the con.  As of August I'll probably start biking 60-80 miles daily to get my stamina up and I'll hopefully have a setup at home to practice on an addition 4 hours a day.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline JulianaRose

• Cabbit
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 01:45:10 am »
Wow, that's really awesome. 60-80 miles a day? That's inspiring.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 09:04:00 am »
Yesterday at work was work out enough. I was covering the entire floor and I also had to put chairs on the floor from the back as well as bikes. The bikes were really really hard to put out x.x

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 09:38:34 am »
For me, shaping up for the con means shaping up for DDR.  I won't be entering the tournament this year if I can actually manage to get prizes for it, but I like to be at my best anyway, since I'll probably be playing DDR during most of my free time at the con.  As of August I'll probably start biking 60-80 miles daily to get my stamina up and I'll hopefully have a setup at home to practice on an addition 4 hours a day.

DDR is a great way to work out! My friend in high school did that for a whole summer and came back to school as one very fine looking guy. We all couldn't help ourselfs but to check him out every chance we got. It's good cardio.
But biking should be good for you too. And 60-80 miles?!  :o Wow, ambious!

Great anime review site! http://www.otakureview.net/

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 09:57:43 am »
DDR is a great way to work out! My friend in high school did that for a whole summer and came back to school as one very fine looking guy. We all couldn't help ourselfs but to check him out every chance we got. It's good cardio.

Wow, your friend really changed physically from exercising with DDR?! I mean, I know they have a workout mode on there, but I didn't know it actually works, haha~

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 10:26:53 am »

Wow, your friend really changed physically from exercising with DDR?! I mean, I know they have a workout mode on there, but I didn't know it actually works, haha~
It totally does. ^_^ It really gets your heart and muscles working.

I wonder how much the wii fit could do for someone. :3
da/tumblr

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 11:38:29 am »
ME AND YOU TOFU. ALL SUMMER DDR AND STUFF.

Sadly enough what I was going to work my body at for Kumoricon is not going to happen (I won't have the money to buy a swimsuit I'd feel secure in after I finish my two costumes.) I'm going to start to work out again now that I've moved out of my apartment and into Beaverton. The complex has a pool that I know I'll be swimming in at least once a week and now that I have my own room (my boyfriends in it too, but I don't really care what I do in front of him) I won't be embarrassed to do sit-ups/pull-ups/etc.

I've also got a four mile walk to go to and from the max station daily now and since I don't live in the scary city where you have to ride your bicycle in the street, I can finally use my bike in the bicycle lanes :D

My goal: Have a lovely looking tummy and more muscles on my arms by Sakuracon so I can be the best Blue Mary evaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Let's hope I can do it!
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 02:05:26 pm »
I was on a roll eating healthy and exercising 3 times a week...mmmm 3 weeks ago (for a good solid 5 weeks). Then school, work, and life just took over. I am thinking to start going to the pool @ 6:00 am next week so I CAN fit in some exercise time. But I love sleep oh so much!

That and I should use my Wii board again! It's collecting dust! It did help earlier this year, but I gave myself excuses  to do other things T_T boooo..

Well, it's a plan. My cosplay character has a body that is impossible for me to attain, but I can at least be FIT to cosplay and not look bad being the character who was my childhood heroine. ^_^

Good luck to everyone!
And so it begins...

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 02:09:24 pm »
I have been working on my sit ups and push ups.
I was never able to really do any.
I can do sit ups fine now but my push ups still need work. I was walking and excersizing a lot since january (it was my new years goal to take better care of myself) but I haven done that too much in the last month. Makes me feel lazy. D:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 02:11:43 pm »
I have been working on my sit ups and push ups.
I was never able to really do any.
I can do sit ups fine now but my push ups still need work. I was walking and excersizing a lot since january (it was my new years goal to take better care of myself) but I haven done that too much in the last month. Makes me feel lazy. D:

Haha, I can't do proper pushups at all~ Mine are the modified kind where you cross your legs at your knees.

I don't have any upper arm strength, urk.

Offline mattstotts46

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/mattstotts
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 05:52:31 pm »
I used to be so healthy when Wunderland (Nickel Arcade place) still had a DDR Extreme machine. I went there ever week till it went away and now I have to find alternate means of exercising. Right now im in a weight class, so I can grab people when they glomp me now! Maybe I should offer piggyback rides as a means of exercise? =)
Hello. My name is Matt. I like Twilight and the Jonas Brothers.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2009, 06:57:33 pm »

That's what I did for a month straight in March and it really helped. :3
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2009, 08:24:58 pm »
I need to start buckling down on workouts. I will try to do an hour three or four days a week. It shouldn't be too hard...I think >_>;

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 03:43:20 pm »
Im going for it : o I want to get down to 120 by con (130 right now)
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 03:50:53 pm »
I would love to get down to 120 but I know that isn't going to happen. I rather be tone than skinny, seeing how most of my cosplays require me to be toned, and as I always say weight really doesn't tell you how healthy you are. I think inches are a better indicator of how skinny someone is. I weigh 135 lbs and I can leg press about 350 lbs. I can calf press about 280 so I know my legs are in great shape, I'm working on my arms and I have about 21% body fat. I would love to get that to 20 or even 19 and I would be happy.

Offline lightbeam911

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 04:24:25 pm »
I just bike and do end and odd work out moves XD
I'm not concerned with losing weight in general so much as getting a little bit of fat of my tummy XD
I should start squats too XD

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 04:54:17 pm »
Okay. I really need to ask you, Nikki, what do you do to work your arms? Preferably the upper arms. Not exactly to work on biceps or triceps, but to get the leftover body fat off. x.x
K-con '11 Cosplays: