Author Topic: [Cosplay Group] New Days Dawning - DISBANDED  (Read 279455 times)

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
Re: [Cosplay Group] New Days Dawning // K-Con '09: Digimon - MEET JULY 11TH!
« Reply #1900 on: July 03, 2009, 03:45:24 pm »
Yeah it does say that, but I heard it only does in the english. o: I wonder if that's true or not, I never actually watched the movies out in their original forms. Since the 1 english movie is, I think, 3 seperate japanese ones smooshed together it's possible some things got changed. xD
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

oslapedo

« Reply #1901 on: July 03, 2009, 03:47:55 pm »
I think it's cute, I'm glad they added it in the dub 8-D

For hotel money, like I said, I'm fine with you guys mailing it to me (concealed cash or money order). But if I don't get it by the end of July I'll have to give up the spots and find new people- which I really don't want to do so just make sure you get it to me! PM me for my address if you don't have it~

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1902 on: July 03, 2009, 03:54:20 pm »
OKAY so you won't be going to the meet? TAT

oslapedo

« Reply #1903 on: July 03, 2009, 03:55:14 pm »
I want to but I have no clue how I'd get there. I'm just discussing alternatives in the case that I can't :-D

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #1904 on: July 03, 2009, 09:19:36 pm »
ABSENT NOTICE
I will be gone the last week of July and the first week of August XD

AWE Sahara~~~ TAT I want you to come~~ if I wasn't terrified of driving on 1-5 I'd come down and drive you DX
And I would be okay if voicing Mimi, but is everyone else okay with that?

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1905 on: July 03, 2009, 09:21:35 pm »
-TACKLES NATALIE- Mimi. <3333

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1906 on: July 03, 2009, 09:24:03 pm »
I'm okay with Natalie voicing mimi ;DD

and where will you be for those 2 weeks
Natalie?

oslapedo

« Reply #1907 on: July 03, 2009, 09:25:35 pm »
If only I could drive myself, then there'd be no problem!

I think you'd do a really good Mimi, Natalie~

Have we submitted our form yet for our skit? I'm willing to do it, I'm application-happy at the moment :-D

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #1908 on: July 03, 2009, 09:31:08 pm »
I'm okay with Natalie voicing mimi ;DD

and where will you be for those 2 weeks
Natalie?

I have to go to California (San Fran) for my sister and she has to get my visa finished to study abroad~ and then we are heading to Disneyland for my twin sister and I birthday~~~ BECAUSE ITS FREEE

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1909 on: July 03, 2009, 09:36:02 pm »
@Sahara

If you can come I found something you could possibly use for the base of your Mimi hat. At a Michael's not too far away from where I live I found this small pink cowboy hat that you could extend out with whatever you want to make it Mimi's "abnormally large" size! :3 Just let me know what you think, I thought you MIGHT be interested. If you're not then I wish you the best of luck still. xD
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1910 on: July 03, 2009, 09:59:45 pm »
I have to go to California (San Fran) for my sister and she has to get my visa finished to study abroad~ and then we are heading to Disneyland for my twin sister and I birthday~~~ BECAUSE ITS FREEE

OOh I love San Fran and disneyland~ ;DD
and your going to study abroad? :DDD
and you have a twin!? I knew you had
a sister but I didn't know you guys were twins ~! : OOO
I'm such a bad friend TAT I didn't even know that T^T

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #1911 on: July 03, 2009, 10:23:14 pm »

OOh I love San Fran and disneyland~ ;DD
and your going to study abroad? :DDD
and you have a twin!? I knew you had
a sister but I didn't know you guys were twins ~! : OOO
I'm such a bad friend TAT I didn't even know that T^T

ME TOO~~ :#33 I'm forcing my sister to come to Purikura with me and we are taking photos teeheee~~~

Ah she is studying abroad for a year, I am doing it next year probably in Japan, but its in the air at the moment~
Its okay~! Not many people know that I have a twin sister~~~~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1912 on: July 03, 2009, 11:53:32 pm »
ABSENT NOTICE

AWE Sahara~~~ TAT I want you to come~~ if I wasn't terrified of driving on 1-5 I'd come down and drive you DX

Thanks for the notice! :3 And I think you would be a great Mimi~

Also, I hope you have fun in San Fran (LOTS OF CUTE ASIAN BOYS I LOVE SAN FRAN xD) and Disneyland! When you get back I will have a year's subscription to dA waiting for you~ :P (Because your art is just SO MUCH more amazing than my lame cosplay photos, you deserve it more than I do >.<)

@ Sahara-kun

I haven't submitted it yet, been waiting to hear if anyone needed anything changed on the script, but since I haven't heard anything, I will submit it tomorrow afternoon!

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #1913 on: July 04, 2009, 12:42:23 am »
ABSENT NOTICE

Thanks for the notice! :3 And I think you would be a great Mimi~

Also, I hope you have fun in San Fran (LOTS OF CUTE ASIAN BOYS I LOVE SAN FRAN xD) and Disneyland! When you get back I will have a year's subscription to dA waiting for you~ :P (Because your art is just SO MUCH more amazing than my lame cosplay photos, you deserve it more than I do >.<)

I will sure to take lots of photos and videos of them ; D teehee~ I hope to get a pair of ears and do a jumping photo with my sister~ I love her.
WAH NO SAKKOCHAN TAT I'm not worth any subscription~! My art is bleck compared to others~!
[hugs you tightly]
AND YOUR COSPLAY PHOTOS AREN'T LAME. THEY ARE MY INSPIRATION XDD

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #1914 on: July 04, 2009, 05:08:38 pm »
Good morning Gwar-chan! Here are my thoughts on our sticky little situation~

Are you moving to live with your mom in Phoenix permanently? This will be a huge impact on whether or not you can still be in the group, mainly because we have a super cool skit this year and I'm mostly worried about having the dance perfected by September. If you will be living in Phoenix from now on, then I don't suggest staying in the group, just in case you're not able to attend Kumoricon every year >.<

For now, I would love to keep you as a member of the group until our debut at the convention, then after that weekend, we can discuss whether you'll be able to continue activities with us or not. I am really happy to have you in the group and will be sad if you have to leave, but I know life happens, so the only thing I can wish for is that everyone is healthy, happy and safe! Please let me know as early as possible whether or not you can still come to the meet in July~

Hmm... As of now I dunno... Dx
My dad said that he would take me in if I didn't want to go... So I'm kinda debating as of now.
as for the Meeting.. I think I can go! I'm not completly sure, I gotta confirm with my dad. =D
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

oslapedo

« Reply #1915 on: July 04, 2009, 07:50:03 pm »
^ No one knows yet. Cassi's said info will be posted soon.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: [Cosplay Group] New Days Dawning // K-Con '09: Digimon - MEET IN 6 DAYS!
« Reply #1916 on: July 05, 2009, 06:43:34 am »
Hey guyyys! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July~ Mine was okay, while I had to deal with children in an uncomfortably hot one-story with no air conditioning all day (which is like, KILLER for me, I don't like taking care of kids and much prefer cold weather to hot), I got to spend some time with family, so I'm pretty happy about that, did any of you guys do something cool yesterday? :3

As for important group stuff, our very first meet is less than a week away! Yaaay~ Here is the list of member attendance status:

MEMBERS CONFIRMED FOR JULY 11TH

- iluvshijimi
- CatchxMe
- Romo
- anime_gurl_123
- GwarNekoChan
- Kagome219
- oslapedo
- IcyMelon
- danayoki
- Vampire-Kameko

I haven't heard from Elizabeth lately, have any of you? I sent her a PM asking if she can check in the thread and let us know if she can come, but obviously she hasn't yet even though she was last logged in on Friday... I'm going to try contacting her via other means (like her AIM, MSN and whatever else is on her profile), but if I don't hear from her by meet time, this is going to be the second strike against her using the three-strikes rule. If anyone has her phone number or any way to contact her directly, please let me know, thanks!

Apart from that, it looks like almost everyone else can come! Gwar-chan and Sahara-kun are still in maybe mode though, so thinking ahead a little, if they end up not being able to come, we should probably figure out who we want to be their backups for recording the skit. In the last few days we decided that Natalie should be the backup Mimi, so in the case that Gwar-chan and Elizabeth can't come, who would be interested in voicing Izzy or Kari? We don't have to decide on this now, but if anyone thinks they can sound like Mona Marshall's rendition of Izzy or Lara Jill Miller's take on Kari (the English dub version), do let me know! We want to sound as close to the English dub as possible, 'cuz it's the most recognizable, but it's not a big issue if we don't. We also have the option of making the characters sound funny and interesting if we wanted, haha.

To keep myself from posting a super special awesome long post (even though it kinda already is, SORRY @_@), I will write up the details of what's gonna go down at the meet tomorrow. Have a happy Sunday everyone! :3
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:44:23 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #1917 on: July 05, 2009, 08:32:47 am »

Apart from that, it looks like almost everyone else can come! Gwar-chan and Sahara-kun are still in maybe mode though, so thinking ahead a little, if they end up not being able to come, we should probably figure out who we want to be their backups for recording the skit. In the last few days we decided that Natalie should be the backup Mimi, so in the case that Gwar-chan and Elizabeth can't come, who would be interested in voicing Izzy or Kari? We don't have to decide on this now, but if anyone thinks they can sound like Mona Marshall's rendition of Izzy or Lara Jill Miller's take on Kari (the English dub version), do let me know! We want to sound as close to the English dub as possible, 'cuz it's the most recognizable, but it's not a big issue if we don't. We also have the option of making the characters sound funny and interesting if we wanted, haha.

Whatchu talking about, I'm totally making Mimi gansta!
[giggles]

Last time I heard from Elizabeth is right after the tea party, I emailed her the link to my photos. I think you can contact her via facebook, myspace, and email as well maybe? If you need the links I have them~~

But she posted on FACEBOOK this today~!
"is going up to visit Christina in the lovely town of Goldendale, WA today for a week. See you all when I get back~ :D"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:40:00 am by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1918 on: July 05, 2009, 08:47:35 am »
Ahaha, we can totally discuss parodying their voices at the meet! It would be pretty fun, haha~

And AHHH THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME @_@ I have her on Facebook as well lol but DANG, she's going up there for a week and she's known about this meet for AGES. I'm happy for her that she gets to visit a friend, that's always fun but not even a word to me?!

YOUR FEARLESS LEADER?! (...I almost typed "frearless" orz)

*sigh* I'm messaging her on Facebook after I get off work that she has a second strike. Since she said, "See you when I get back", she probably won't get that until next week either but oh well. To be honest it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't have Kari, though I'd feel bad after all the work that's been put into it. We'll talk about it at the meet.

Good thing I didn't send the contest entry in yet, we may need to make adjustments if things don't change/characters get cut.

THANK YOU NACCHAN <333333
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:49:18 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1919 on: July 05, 2009, 12:51:11 pm »
I'm super tired ~ I was gone all day yesterday :P (went to wild waves amusement park in WA~)
but I have an awesome 4th of July ~ and I saw Elizabeth last week and forgot to ask
her about the meeting TAT. but I haven't seen here on the forums in awhile... and if
we didn't have an Kari it wouldn't kill the group. and I don't think I would feel bad because
of her work because her cosplay I'm sure she spend like 10 dollars on her clothes or even
less. and she didn't get the wig so..^^;

but yay Natalie ~! Your going to make a gansta Mimi~! xDD

I will have to practice on my voice acting skills D:
and are we still getting Slurpees @ 7 11. or is that canceled?

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1920 on: July 05, 2009, 01:11:28 pm »
Oh yeah, I saw you said you were going to Wild Waves on your MSN comment thingy! How was that? I hope it was fun, I've never been there before, haha xD

lol, you have to try and sound like a little boy, TK is going to be fun~~~ I should see if I can imitate Tai when I get home from work today, haha.

I think we should still get Slurpees at the meet! D: But that depends if everyone else feels like walking 20 minutes from my house to the MAX station, getting Slurpees for 8 people and then taking the MAX back and walking 20 minutes back home xD Oh, and I should probably check to see if 7-11 is still doing that promotion, we are living in a pretty bad economy right now >.<

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1921 on: July 05, 2009, 01:28:33 pm »
Yep it was pretty awesome~ but I got a small tan TAT
I want to have lighter skin not darker skin TAT
but yeah the only down thing was there were so
many people because it was 4th of July ;^;

and you should go ~ and if you drive to go to
Sakuracon you can see it ;DD it's pretty sweet

and I don't mind walking ;DD

oslapedo

« Reply #1922 on: July 05, 2009, 01:55:16 pm »
I'm way tired too, I had a crazy awesome 4th yesterday. I went rafting with Colleen and Maddy for like, four hours [/dead]

Maybe we could find someone else to be Kairi~?

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1923 on: July 05, 2009, 03:10:04 pm »
Well, I got Elizabeth's phone number back at the anime club awhile ago so if you'd like me to give her a ring just let me know. It'd be a real shame if we didn't have a Kari but at this rate things are looking pretty bleak.

As for my 4th of July, I played lots of Scrabble then walked up to my school and watched fireworks shoot off for a little bit. xD Nothing real special, just a pretty chill little day at home with my family since all of my friends had big ol' plans. I don't get why the 4th is such a popular day to get HUGE plans since for most people it's not a big deal. Oh well, maybe next year I'll hang with some buds.~
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1924 on: July 05, 2009, 09:59:09 pm »
HAHAHA I AM IN A GREAT MOOD~

I have to work on my Joe skills. 8D

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1925 on: July 06, 2009, 05:53:18 pm »
Yay for working on skills xDD

i'm in a great mood too ;DD
my TK hat was shipped today and
it should get to me before the meeting
so I can should you guys : )))

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1926 on: July 06, 2009, 08:40:33 pm »
I HAVE JOE'S OUTFIT, ALL I NEED IS TO PAINT THE SWEATERVEST A BIT AND GET MY WIG

I might have the cosplay in time for the meet. :0

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1927 on: July 06, 2009, 09:13:44 pm »
I HAVE JOE'S OUTFIT, ALL I NEED IS TO PAINT THE SWEATERVEST A BIT AND GET MY WIG

o: That'd be total epic-win Megan!!
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1928 on: July 07, 2009, 09:29:13 am »
I'm pretty sure most people know about this already but I'll say it again :3 I will be in Canada for the next 2-3 days. I won't be going on as much in these 2-3 days but I'll check in.

Have I missed anything important?

Ah, I heard from your sister, it's all good~ Have fun! :3

Group-wise, the only thing to keep in mind right now is the group meet on Saturday~ I'll re-post the details as well as an outline for what we'll do during the day later this afternoon.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #1929 on: July 07, 2009, 11:11:17 am »

Why do you have to paint it? ???

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1930 on: July 07, 2009, 11:20:36 am »
To do the lines, all the sweatervests that are tan don't have the blue line that Joe has. :3

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1931 on: July 07, 2009, 11:31:39 am »
Oooooohhh...okay. Makes sense.  :P  Good idea.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1932 on: July 07, 2009, 12:27:45 pm »
Loool I have a picture of what I have so far. I also have long blue socks, but they were at my mom's house, humdeedum~

Ignore the dumb look on my face, lol. The sweatervest is huge so I'll need to adjust it or just pin the back, as I'm doing with my hand right there. 8D

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1933 on: July 07, 2009, 12:30:01 pm »
Niiiiiiice~! x3 That's awesome! I can't wait to see everyone's cosplays! 8D

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1934 on: July 07, 2009, 12:31:08 pm »
BLECH. I suck at painting, I'm glad the photo didn't show it. -faints-

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1935 on: July 07, 2009, 12:32:21 pm »
I'm sure it'll look good when it's all finished!  ;D

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1936 on: July 07, 2009, 12:32:39 pm »
Blech no, lol.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1937 on: July 07, 2009, 12:35:04 pm »
And if it doesn't work...well...you have tons of people who can help make it how you want it! 8D

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1938 on: July 07, 2009, 12:37:23 pm »
YEPYEP! <3

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1939 on: July 07, 2009, 12:39:19 pm »
Epic Cosplay Buddies = WIN  8)

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1940 on: July 07, 2009, 03:07:01 pm »
ooh~ nice megan ~
I have the pants and I got the hat today >U<
I just need to get the shirt and I'm done :DD

edit; so we are walking to get slurpees?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:26:02 am by IcyMelon »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1941 on: July 08, 2009, 12:11:07 pm »
Ahaha, of course I didn't get around to posting meet specifics when I said I would two days ago I'm SO good at this thing called "organization" @_@ Here is my big outline thingy of what we'll be doing, so make sure you read! Questions and comments would be appreciated ^^

NEW DAYS DAWNING FIRST OFFICIAL MEET!
"ASOBO!" ("LET'S PLAY" IN JAPANESE)

Date: Saturday, July 11th
Address & Phone #: To be PM'd around again
Start & End Time: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Members Attending
- iluvshijimi
- CatchxMe
- Romo
- anime_gurl_123
- IcyMelon
- danayoki

If you are not on this list and supposed to be, let me know ASAP!

~~~~~~~

PLANS FOR THE DAY

[11:00 AM-Noon]
- Review skit script and record lines.

[Lunch]
- Bring individual sack lunches (you can bring goodies to share too, if you want :3)

I can provide snacks like chips and cookies and drinks (any drinks people don't like? I'll try not to buy any of those.)

[1:00 PM-3:00 PM]
- Continue recording lines if we didn't finish earlier
- Practice group dance.

[3:00 PM-4:00 PM]
- Help with wig styling
- Watch anime
- Play a board game/video game, etc.

[4:00 PM-5:00 PM]
- Meet ends!

I am going to a coworker's wedding that night and I need some time to get ready, so please try to leave/be picked up at 5:00 PM at the latest!

~~~~~~~

Do:
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Arrange your transportation beforehand
- Practice your lines/the dance before coming
- Bring wigs with wig stands and hair products to be styled
- Bring anime (DVDs or burned CD-Rs, anything's fine!)
- Bring multiplayer board games/video games [I have an Xbox 360, a Wii/Gamecube and a PS2 all with two controllers]
- Bring your iPod/Zune/MP3 player if you want to blast your music
- Bring a camera to make some memories!
- Be prepared to meet everyone and have fun!

Do Not:
- Forget to bring food
- Come unprepared for dancing
- Bring costumes to sew [I don't have a working sewing machine!]

Sorry this was so long, but all of this information is important! xD Please let me know if I forgot anything, thanks!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:24:53 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Re: [Cosplay Group] New Days Dawning // K-Con '09: Digimon - MEET IN 3 DAYS!
« Reply #1942 on: July 08, 2009, 12:22:16 pm »
7/11? - I think we shouldn't IF we have lots of
stuff to do for the skit/dance. because work before play ;D

Lunch? - I would rather bring my own lunch
just because if I was unable to bring anything
then I would feel bad for eating stuff brought
by others xD

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1943 on: July 08, 2009, 12:30:57 pm »
7-Eleven: I vote NO...because I'm lazy and I don't really feel like walking a half an hour for a small Slurpee, even if it IS free xD

Lunch: I like the sack lunch idea better, because you get to eat whatever you want and not hope people will bring good food (bad experiences with cosplay meet potlucks x_x), but you can bring stuff to share if you'd like :3

Editing info, thanks guys!

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1944 on: July 08, 2009, 12:47:03 pm »
OKAY so if we don't get slurpees I get off of E181at right sam?

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1945 on: July 08, 2009, 01:44:41 pm »
No, since we're not getting Slurpees now, you get off at Gresham City Hall Max Station :3

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1946 on: July 08, 2009, 01:46:44 pm »
ooh okay gotcha ;DDD
I got the stations mixed up but it's okay now xD
thanks sam ;DD

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1947 on: July 08, 2009, 01:53:33 pm »
Is 7-11 still doing that Domo Slushee thing? 8D

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1948 on: July 08, 2009, 02:13:40 pm »
ooh okay gotcha ;DDD
I got the stations mixed up but it's okay now xD
thanks sam ;DD

No problem :3

@ Colleen

Yup! That's in October though~

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1949 on: July 08, 2009, 03:40:03 pm »
I see...damn...I was gonna go this week...>3>