Author Topic: [Cosplay Group] New Days Dawning - DISBANDED  (Read 277658 times)

oslapedo

$50 per person, there is already at least one 18 year old with us~

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
$50 per person, there is already at least one 18 year old with us~
Ohh okay :DD
That would work for me :D
then I don't have to stay at my
friend's house who's a cosplayer
who doesn't cosplay XD

so would you guys be okay with me crashing
with you guys? X}

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
We're gonna party it up~ -moshes-

Haha, isn't Vampire-Kameko sharing the room too? I really want to meet her!

@ Viv

You can hang out with people over 18, but underage peeps have a midnight curfew and aren't allowed to wander around the hotel/convention space after that. If you go to a dance on Saturday or Sunday, the curfew is 1:00 AM.

Of course I'd be cool with it~ Sahara?

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Ooh okay :DD
I don't know if I'll be going to a dance.
I've never been to a dance at a anime convention ;P

and yay ! one yes another to go :}}

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
I'm really confused. Dx
Something about now we're doing lolita? And fifteen-year-olds (like me) can't come? D:
Also, on place to meet up, my dad doesn't want me to going to people's houses. He says it has to be in a public place.
The curfew? What? DDDx
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

oslapedo

Yeah she is :D

I'm sure it'll be fine, I just have to check with the other people in the room. And I'll need the money before August, so any meetup would work~

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Ooh ~
cool :}} I've only talked to her online never in real life. Cool : DDDD
so before august. I'll have enough
time to make the money ^u^

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Ooh okay :DD
I don't know if I'll be going to a dance.
I've never been to a dance at a anime convention ;P

I've never been to one either but there's a first time for everything!

@ Elie-chan

OMGAREYOUSERIOUS?!

orz

... How is this going to work?

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
yeah I guess there is a 1st time for everything :]
and
what? XDD

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Ahhhh. D: That won't be very easy to work out...

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.

I feel so loved.  :D  ♥♥♥

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
I'm sorry I can't post twenty-four/seven..
That's why I get so lost. D: ;;
And, yes. He doesn't like the cosplaying community and I usually have to beg him to let me go to cosplay meet-ups. He's wary of the people and thinks it's  a cult, basically. xB;;  Yeeeaaahhh... .w.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:43:31 pm by Kagome219 »
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl

Also, on place to meet up, my dad doesn't want me to going to people's houses. He says it has to be in a public place.

Are you still coming to the Anime Club this week at my library? If you meet me then maybe we can figure out a way to make the meet up work, Elizabeth. Otherwise things might get all confuzzling. xD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:45:43 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Oh noses!
confusing isn't good at all..
if I end up going the the anime thing
with romo we'll help you :D

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~

Are you still coming to the Anime Club this week at my library? If you meet me then maybe we can figure out a way to make the meet up work Elizabeth. Otherwise things might get all confuzzling. xD
Yeah. The anime club I'll be able to go too. He doesn't mind me going to libraries for anime.
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
Yeah. The anime club I'll be able to go too. He doesn't mind me going to libraries for anime.

Awesome! I might run a little late since I have a job interview RIGHT BEFORE the meeting but I swear on my life that I'll be there. xD Especially if I'll get to meet you.~ You'll know me when you see me. One because you've seen my picture...and two. I am the most dominant person in the room most of the time. >>; Normally I'm not so seeing me at the anime club is pretty weird for most people that know me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:50:53 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
Oh I see, that's interesting. x:

Awww asdfghjkkl;; I was going to ask you about that, Sahara! D: I was too nervous to. >w<;
So, I guess you're full now huh? ;___; Aww snap. ;o;
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I'm sorry I can't post twenty-four/seven..
That's why I get so lost. D: ;;
And, yes. He doesn't like the cosplaying community and I usually have to beg him to let me go to cosplay meet-ups. He's wary of the people and thinks it's  a cult, basically. xB;;  Yeeeaaahhh... .w.

It's okay~ I'll post in a minute with everything we've done since your last post.

Was it a really good idea for you to join a cosplay group if you're underage and your parents won't support your love for cosplaying? I'm trying to think of a way this can work. The main things we'll be touching on at the meet are recording the skit and practicing the dance. The recording should be fine, because we could just find someone to do Kari's part, but the dance will be difficult to master if you can't practice with everyone else.

@ Gwar-chan

Last I checked, her ad said she had 1-3 spaces open and we just took two... Cross your fingers and hope there's one more space left?

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
Oh I see, that's interesting. x:

Awww asdfghjkkl;; I was going to ask you about that, Sahara! D: I was too nervous to. >w<;
So, I guess you're full now huh? ;___; Aww snap. ;o;

Idk, are we? I thought some peeps dropped out? ???

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
Awesome! I might run a little late since I have a job interview RIGHT BEFORE the meeting but I swear on my life that I'll be there. xD Especially if I'll get to meet you.~ You'll know me when you see me. One because you've seen my picture...and two. I am the most dominant person in the room most of the time. >>; Normally I'm not so seeing me at the anime club is pretty weird for most people that know me.
That's all right. As long as you will be there so I don't feel completely out of place. xD;;
Okay. xD  Haha. That sounds like how my friend Rachel is at my library's anime club. And okay. ^^
Oh! And where exactly in the library does it take place?
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Wait is this for the hotel?
I kinda want a space..^^;
Do I still have a room/space in the hotel?
*cross fingers for gwar-chan*

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
Okay. xD  Haha. That sounds like how my friend Rachel is at my library's anime club. And okay. ^^
Oh! And where exactly in the library does it take place?

You walk in the front doors then the first door you see on your left is where it is. Pretty easy, right?~~ Plus there's a sign in front of the door.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:00:37 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

oslapedo

Gwar you can if you want 8~D

It's gonna be such a party in our room. Oh, and we have it for Pre-reg Friday -> Monday~

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
Woot! Btw, I'm bringin' you da monay tomorrow osla! ^3^
                                           ^----This is a very weird sentence.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:03:16 pm by Vampire-Kameko »

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
yay party :DD
what is that..5 people right now?

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
It's okay~ I'll post in a minute with everything we've done since your last post.

Was it a really good idea for you to join a cosplay group if you're underage and your parents won't support your love for cosplaying? I'm trying to think of a way this can work. The main things we'll be touching on at the meet are recording the skit and practicing the dance. The recording should be fine, because we could just find someone to do Kari's part, but the dance will be difficult to master if you can't practice with everyone else.
Thank you.

And, he lets me do it. He just wants me to be more open to other activities so that I can have something that looks good on my resume. As much as I wish it did, cosplay doesn't help a resume that much. D: ;;
But, no. There has to be someway. I just wish it wasn't hard to plan. I'm so sorry, guys. ;~;  I really, really am...

You walk in the front doors then the first door you see on your left is where it is. Pretty easy, right?~~ Plus there's a sign in front of the door.
Oh, okay. That's easy enough. xD;
yay party :DD
what is that..5 people right now?
And what's this about a pre-reg thing, Vivian? o:
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
>w<... o-o Really?! O:
Oh my goodness, thank you, thank you!! ><
I'll ask my dad about this tomorrow as well. =D Hopefully he'll be in a good mood when I talk to him! X3
Again, thank you!!
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
@ Elie-chan

Wow, it's been eight whole pages since you last posted, lol. So basically, we've:
- Decided NOT to do plushies
- Buy the tags and crests off eBay (Please let me know if you think you'll be tight on cash and I'll sign you up for the fundraising program)
- The logo contest ends Wednesday night before midnight
- Our dance will now be to Raver's Fantasy by Tune Up! instead of the Fit's dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8kLkMgdzy0
- We are voting to have the meet on July 11th at my house in Gresham or Catch's in Oregon City

@ Sahara

It looks like I won't be so scared crashing in your room now! I thought I wouldn't know anybody but you and I'm shy with strangers...

>_>;;;

<_<;;;

Did it work? lol, I was trying to sound cute, but I guess it failed xD I'd like to say I'm shy when meeting strangers, but I'm not really ^^;;

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
@kagome
pre-reg? what? lollls; XDD

oslapedo

It's eight in all, me, Colleen, Shay, two friends from school, Gwar, Melon-chan, and Leader. I'm excited for having two beds~

Ahaha, Leader, you're hilarious :D AND CUTE >D

Pre-reg Friday is the day before con where you can pick up your badge and hang out with peeps.

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
@ Elie-chan

Wow, it's been eight whole pages since you last posted, lol. So basically, we've:
- Decided NOT to do plushies
- Buy the tags and crests off eBay (Please let me know if you think you'll be tight on cash and I'll sign you up for the fundraising program)
- The logo contest ends Wednesday night before midnight
- Our dance will now be to Raver's Fantasy by Tune Up! instead of the Fit's dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8kLkMgdzy0
- We are voting to have the meet on July 11th at my house in Gresham or Catch's in Oregon City
Wow. x.x  I tried to skim over it all but my brain went "poof!" with the little sleep this weekend. Dx

All right. That all sounds good. I'll talk to my father tomorrow and get back to you asap on the crests and I'll try to talk to him about the meet-up. ^^;

@Vivian: Sahara said "Oh, and we have it for Pre-reg Friday" and you replied. xD  I know you guys have the room, but is Pre-reg day something I should know about? o:

@Sahara: Ohhh! I see. Thank you. : D  I never knew you could pick it up a day before.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:12:37 pm by Kagome219 »
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
wow ! 8 people ! fun :DDD
well that'll be super fun :DD
and when we pre-register online
do we send to us or wait for pick up?

@kagome
I never wrote that..XD

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Ooh, I've shared a two-bed hotel room with four people before, but never with eight! This will be fun~ (LOL IF THAT SOUNDED DIRTY TO YOU I SWEAR I DIDN'T MEAN IT THAT WAY I AM NOT A PEDOPHILE xD)

@ Viv

You haven't pre-registered yet? If you do it before August 2nd, you can choose to get your badge mailed to you, otherwise you'll have to wait in line to pick it up con-time. Pre-reg day is Friday afternoon to evening, where you can check in/pick up your badge before the con starts on Saturday.

Also, I heard back from Cassiopeia about Cake, and she has confirmed that they WILL be doing a skit, which means Natalie is out. Danayoki will be replacing her as our Sora.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:16:45 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
4 people in each bed?!..wow XDDDDDD

and I'm signing up now :DD
I'll make them send the badge to me :DD

yay dana-chan being out sora-replacement :DD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:19:14 pm by IcyMelon »

oslapedo

Will Natalie still record the voice for Sora?

Me and my friends are mostly good with the floor so it'll be more like 2-3 people per bed :D

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
Ooh, I've shared a two-bed hotel room with four people before, but never with eight! This will be fun~ (LOL IF THAT SOUNDED DIRTY TO YOU I SWEAR I DIDN'T MEAN IT THAT WAY I AM NOT A PEDOPHILE xD)

@ Viv

You haven't pre-registered yet? If you do it before August 2nd, you can choose to get your badge mailed to you, otherwise you'll have to wait in line to pick it up con-time. Pre-reg day is Friday afternoon to evening, where you can check in/pick up your badge before the con starts on Saturday.

Also, I heard back from Cassiopeia about Cake, and she has confirmed that they WILL be doing a skit, which means Natalie is out. Danayoki will be replacing her as our Sora.

According to hotel rules, aren't you only allowed to have four people in a room..? >_>;;  That's what is keeping my group of friends from having five people with two beds.

Also, so if you already have your badge if it's mailed, do you have to wait in the line to go into the con like everyone else? Last year I was pre-reg-ed but we had to wait in line. I'm not following right. xD;

And, aww. I'm going to miss Natalie. :c  But I hope that she has fun with her group and can't wait for Dana to be Sora. ^.^
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
Will Natalie still record the voice for Sora?

Me and my friends are mostly good with the floor so it'll be more like 2-3 people per bed :D
oh okay :DD
XDD well I might sleep on the
floor if more people show up XDD

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
Thank you for posting that note, Sam! :3

Also thank you again, Sahara! n.n

Also, yes Elie! X: You still have to wait in line.

I believe this is my last post for the night. z.z;
I'm dead beat.
So, I will post again tomorrow. |3
Nighty-Night. x:

oslapedo

If you pre-reg, get your badge in the mail, then go to Pre-reg Friday then you don't have to wait in any lines during con.

Natalie's still in our group... she just won't be in our skit.

Melon-chan, Haha, we all have a floor happy mindset so it should be okay :D

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
LIES!
I got my badge in the mail [lastyear] and there's a PRe-reg line!
Just sayin!

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
If you pre-reg, get your badge in the mail, then go to Pre-reg Friday then you don't have to wait in any lines during con.

Natalie's still in our group... she just won't be in our skit.

Melon-chan, Haha, we all have a floor happy mindset so it should be okay :D
okay hehehee~!
well that's my last post for today
talk to everyone later ! ;DD
good nights~!

oslapedo

LIES!
I got my badge in the mail [lastyear] and there's a PRe-reg line!
Just sayin!

'cause you didn't go to Pre-reg Friday~ 8D

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
and I'm signing up now :DD
I'll make them send the badge to me :DD

yay dana-chan being out sora-replacement :DD

Nice~ I just emailed them for badge-sending status and mine will be mailed by next month, so probably expect yours in July.

@ Sahara

I am planning on borrowing her AND her microphone, so if she would still like to voice Sora, she can, haha. She's also a WONDERFUL voice actor, so we can use her for other things too~

Are you sure you want to sleep on the floor?! You're the one who's getting the room (I think?) so you can sleep on a bed! If I bring a sleeping bag I'll be fine on the floor... >.<

@ Elie-chan

Of course those are the hotel rules, but not everyone follows them :P I think they only issue two cardkeys for four-person rooms, which is why they don't want you to have more, but I think we can handle it.

@ Gwar-chan @ Viv

Good night!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:28:47 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
Ah, okay. Thank you, Gwar-chan~  o:

And I understand now. :3
K-con '11 Cosplays:

oslapedo

It's not for a while so I'm not too worried about it. Oh, but I was thinking that people might want to bring hangers to hang up their cosplay in the closet and whatnot, but we can think about that later :D

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
@ Elie-chan

Of course those are the hotel rules, but not everyone follows them :P I think they only issue two cardkeys for four-person rooms, which is why they don't want you to have more, but I think we can handle it.
Hm... Okay then. I might just have to talk to the group again. xD;;

I think this is my last post for the night as well. G'night all! And although it's awesome that everyone's so enthusiastic, I wish there wasn't so many pages of type during time break intervals. xD
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
I think this is my last post for the night as well. G'night all! And although it's awesome that everyone's so enthusiastic, I wish there wasn't so many pages of type during time break intervals. xD

Haha good night!

And posting like mad in this thread is a true sign of a cosplay HERO!

Edit: I PM'd everyone the first issue of The New Days Reporter! Please try to read through the entire thing so you're filled in on everything that's happened recently. Also, do you guys think having a PM "newspaper" is a good idea? Any feedback would be appreciated~

Now it's time for me to go to bed except not fall asleep from excitement, then fall asleep from exhaustion, then go to work in the morning and feel like the day is dragging on SO slowly because I'll be refreshing the New Days thread every hour, but most members won't get on until after school, haha~ Such is the life of the cosplay group leader known as Sam :L

Edit 2: Okay, so I didn't go to sleep earlier like I said I would, lol. I'd like to share what's been keeping me up, my Australian friend Nadleeh's newest cosplay photo as Miku from VOCALOID2:

And her cosplay partner Exia as UK from Axis Powers Hetalia:

WHY ARE THEY SUCH AMAZING COSPLAYERS?!

I am a very sad and jealous cosplay noobie right now orz

...WE WILL SHOW THEM MEGAN! GRR.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:34:16 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
~I'm excited to see your guy's skit.~ :3

oslapedo

I'M SO SORRY. My family and I went up to Seattle all day and I just got back. @w@;; I hope I didn't miss anything important.

I have a few questions ;D~
- What's this about a hotel?
- Btw, in the script, It says "digimon theme plays". Is it the English Digi-theme or the Japanese one? :3
- Is Natalie still voicing Sora or am I? :0

- Just talking about the hotel room we'll be staying in during KCon
- I assumed english
- You guys'll have to decide that

@ Leader, I like the newspaper thing, and it's a good way to keep members updated =D

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
@sam
the newspaper idea was a good thing to have :D
even though I was here yesterday..it reminded me
what we did and for the people who were here, I'm
sure it helped them a bunch :DD