Educational Group Discounted Membership
Important update, September 30: Due to technical issues, emails previously sent to firstname.lastname@example.org were not delivered. If you previously attempted to contact us using email@example.com, please try again. We apologize for the difficulties.
Kumoricon is happy to announce that we will now offer group discounts to nonprofit educational youth groups! These include organizations like anime clubs or groups that are a part of a larger nonprofit organization (like a school), or other nonprofit organizations.
If you're not sure if you fit the qualifications listed below, please don’t be afraid to apply! Each group will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Each group must apply in advance, and discounts are limited to eligible, qualifying organizations.
What are examples of eligible organizations?
Eligible organizations include, but are not limited to, anime clubs, scouting troops, library youth groups, church youth groups, and programs for underprivileged children; subject to the requirements listed above and approval.
Other groups are also encouraged to apply. If you're not sure you fit our criteria, apply and see!
What are the requirements to receive a group discount?
- Must be an educational group with youth membership.
- Must have a minimum of at least five attending youth members.
- Must be a part of an organization with government, nonprofit or tax-exempt status.
- All organizations are subject to Kumoricon's approval.
- Must apply in advance (discounts will not be offered at-event).
- Official adult chaperones must accompany youth members.
- Discounts are limited to those under age 18 participating in the program.
- Organization must have an established track record of serving youth.
What are the typical discounts?
- For youths age 13-17: Membership discount of 30% off at-the-door price.
- For youths age 6-12: Membership discount of 30% off at-the-door price.
- One (1) adult chaperone will receive complimentary membership for every five (5) youth paid memberships.
- Adult chaperones beyond this number will receive a $10 discount.
Greater discounts may be available on a case-by-case basis.
These discounts are typical and are not guaranteed. Different rates and arrangements may be offered on a case-by-case basis.
How do I apply, and what is the process?
Groups must apply by Saturday, September 29, 2018. We will not accept any applications after this deadline or at the door, nor apply discounts retroactively.
If you are a leader of your group, such as a teacher, counselor, or club organizer, please fill out the form application below or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for your group.
After you submit your application, we will carefully review it and verify the qualifying criteria. During verification, we may contact you, if needed, for more information. Also, we may contact your organization's administration for verification.
Reasons for declining your application may include, but are not limited to:
- We reserve the right to decline for any reason, in our sole discretion.
- Your organization does not have either nonprofit, tax-exempt, or government status.
- If your group is part of a larger organization and we are unable to verify this.
- Insufficient number of adult chaperones per the amount of youth members.
- We discover any misrepresentation or falsification in your application.
If I am accepted, what do I need to bring to the convention, and what is the process?
If and when you are accepted, we will send a personalized payment and registration link to the email address listed as the contact on the application form. Payments using this link must be received by October 13 or the group registration discount will be cancelled.
No person under the age of 18 may attend without their Kumoricon parent permission and release form on file. The form must be turned in at time of check-in, signed by the attendee's parent or guardian.
All attendees, regardless of age (over or under 18), require valid, government-issued photo ID. Please review our registration page for more information on what type of ID is required.
The standard convention policies and code of conduct apply to group members.
All members of a group receiving discounts, together with their adult chaperones, must attend and check in together.
What if I have additional questions?
For additional information about the educational group discount, please contact email@example.com. If you would like additional information about registering for Kumoricon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will be very happy to assist you!