Author Topic: Official Wig Help Thread  (Read 431064 times)

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
Re: Official Wig Help Thread
« Reply #1100 on: April 23, 2012, 04:19:51 pm »
There's one over on Allen in Beaverton, but I can't remember the name. They should be able to hook you up with a nice short blonde wig like that though. Should be in the phone book.

I'm looking for a shoulderlength green wig with a larger head area. My Ghetsis wig doesn't fit over my hair and keeps shifting because of it. I got mine online and would prefer for its replacement to be in the area so I can try it on before buying it.

I'd suggest looking at Arda wigs if you haven't already.  Their wigs tend to be a little bigger for those of us with larger heads.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline Vysh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1101 on: April 23, 2012, 06:14:29 pm »

I purchased from them once, and I loved it. It was my Hinata wig from last year, the only thing is how tangled they CAN get. Just brush it every so often:)
Awesome thank you~
I was a Prinny and Ryouga Hibiki for K-con 2011, got any pictures? I'd love to see them

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1102 on: May 01, 2012, 07:19:55 pm »
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:20:30 pm by Kumi4eva »
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #1103 on: May 02, 2012, 06:30:18 pm »
dear everyone: Arda makes **** wigs that tangle when you look at them and are bad. Don't buy them.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1104 on: May 02, 2012, 08:05:37 pm »
dear everyone: Arda makes **** wigs that tangle when you look at them and are bad. Don't buy them.
Was it one wig that you were having trouble with or was it multiple times that it happened to you or other people?
If it was one bad experience, I wouldn't let it spoil the whole shop. If other people have had problems with the same wig or the other wigs, then I would take that claim seriously.
They have instructions on if the wig tangles and how to keep it from doing so.

Other people say that the wigs tangle too, I think I'm still going to order one and see how it fairs.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:31:39 pm by Kumi4eva »
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1105 on: May 22, 2012, 08:51:08 pm »
So I have been trying to decide on whether I should buy a wig or not ... seeing as how i have absolutely no talent in styling hair ... or i was just going to dye my hair i am cosplaying as len kagamine i have the length of hair needed if i dye it but what do you think would be the better option
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Hall Cosplay Staff
  • Catgirl
« Reply #1106 on: May 28, 2012, 05:50:26 pm »
I'm trying to find a wig for an Astrid Peth cosplay. She is from Doctor Who. This video provides a lot of different views of her hair but does contain SPOILERS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyPjtf1tG2s

Can anyone help me find a wig to buy online?

(I don't mind using rit to change the color and minor styling)

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1107 on: May 28, 2012, 05:59:47 pm »
I'm trying to find a wig for an Astrid Peth cosplay. She is from Doctor Who. This video provides a lot of different views of her hair but does contain SPOILERS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyPjtf1tG2s

Can anyone help me find a wig to buy online?

(I don't mind using rit to change the color and minor styling)

all you have to do is get this one cut to the right length, go to a Hair Masters, or Great Look :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Short-Light-Blond-Wig-w-Soft-Curls-and-Bangs-Misty-/290444697453?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&var=&hash=item439fda5f6d

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Hall Cosplay Staff
  • Catgirl
« Reply #1108 on: May 29, 2012, 10:08:24 pm »
I don't think I would be able to pull the hair up in the back for that style.  She has her hair pulled up in the back.  Only the the front of her hair is close as wavy as that wig.  Someone suggested this one on another site:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Short-25-30CM-Kagamine-len-Gloden-cosplay-Wig-ML08-/270934349310?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item3f14f215fe

I could make it frizz out a bit, style it to give it waves and trim it a bit.  (Not necessarily in that order)  What do you think?  Here's a good view in the video of what I'm talking about her hair in the back:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GyPjtf1tG2s#t=147s
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:31:58 pm by princess_of_zeal »

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1109 on: May 30, 2012, 07:19:10 am »
Both links are of the wig

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Hall Cosplay Staff
  • Catgirl
« Reply #1110 on: May 30, 2012, 02:32:23 pm »
Ooopps...you're right.  Fixed.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Hall Cosplay Staff
  • Catgirl

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1112 on: May 30, 2012, 03:50:05 pm »
Oils the second one better, but looks to fake for me.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Hall Cosplay Staff
  • Catgirl
« Reply #1113 on: May 31, 2012, 04:10:42 am »
Agreed but it's closer to the style.  Now if I could find the style and quality in one.  This has been the problem I've been running into.  I've found higher quality wigs but ones that can't be changed to look enough like the hair style or ones that are accurate but cheap/fake looking.

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #1114 on: May 31, 2012, 09:47:24 pm »
Try looking at 'historical' wig sellers.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Hall Cosplay Staff
  • Catgirl
« Reply #1115 on: June 01, 2012, 05:21:19 am »
This one with adjustment:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220976152307

Cut and curl the bangs in a wig friendly way (asking the seller for details on if it's heat resistant or not) and other minor adjustments.  What do you guys think?  Am I getting closer?  Lol.

Offline Niques93

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #1116 on: July 12, 2012, 09:18:44 am »
hello, I am planning on doing a sumomo cosplay this next year from chobits. I am having a hard time on figuring out what to do about her hair. for those who don't know who I am talking about http://cosplayisland.com/files/costumes/2217/16426/i_sumomo01-l.jpg I figured I would get a short wig for the base then extensions to attach to the inside of the hat. the only problem after that is the color, I have been looking but can't find any wigs the right color do you guys have any ideas?

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1117 on: July 15, 2012, 12:34:18 am »
OK, so this is actually for my sister's wig.  My little sister is going to be cosplaying as Len, and she already bought the wig.  But the ponytail is so heavy that the wig keeps sliding back on her head!  Does anyone know some way to make it stay in place?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:35:15 am by Kdskc »
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #1118 on: July 15, 2012, 07:36:15 pm »
If the wig has adjustable straps, tighten it. Make it fit snugly on her head. Also, more bobby pins.

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #1119 on: July 15, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »
Definitely bobby pin the hell out of it.
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1120 on: July 15, 2012, 10:58:09 pm »
Definitely bobby pin the hell out of it.
If the wig has adjustable straps, tighten it. Make it fit snugly on her head. Also, more bobby pins.
Thank you! :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:58:34 pm by Kdskc »
Shion - No. 6

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1121 on: July 21, 2012, 02:43:06 pm »
uhm. hey guys.

i'm gonna be cosplaying fionna the human this year, and i made my hat fit tight. like, there is not a millimeter of room between my head and the hat.

so i need a wig that's short, but still has the bang thing. would my best bet be to buy a wig based on the front bangs and cut the back, or just try to shove the entirety of a long wig under the hat?

| roxy lalonde (100%) | kh2 sora (0%) | akira agarkar yamada (25%) | judal (100%) | fem!trickster!god tier! john (100%) |

Offline Shi_no_Akuma

• Chibi
    • I'm not here I'm on Tumblr
« Reply #1122 on: July 21, 2012, 11:29:52 pm »
uhm. hey guys.

i'm gonna be cosplaying fionna the human this year, and i made my hat fit tight. like, there is not a millimeter of room between my head and the hat.

so i need a wig that's short, but still has the bang thing. would my best bet be to buy a wig based on the front bangs and cut the back, or just try to shove the entirety of a long wig under the hat?
If you're just going to wear it under your hat, I'd get a Blue Steele from Arda in whatever shade of blonde you prefer, as it has the really short back but the long bangs Fionna does. c:
Tumblr | Next Con: Fanime
.:As:.
☆ Porrim Maryam ☆ Mami Tomoe ☆
☆ Roxy Lalonde ☆ Jade Harley ☆
☆ The Disciple ☆ Aradia Megido ☆
☆ Maggie Lacivi ☆

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1123 on: July 22, 2012, 03:57:38 pm »
uhm. hey guys.

If you're just going to wear it under your hat, I'd get a Blue Steele from Arda in whatever shade of blonde you prefer, as it has the really short back but the long bangs Fionna does. c:
word! this is really helpful. thanks a bunch.

| roxy lalonde (100%) | kh2 sora (0%) | akira agarkar yamada (25%) | judal (100%) | fem!trickster!god tier! john (100%) |

Offline Jotaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1124 on: July 26, 2012, 05:50:10 pm »
Hiya I had a question, and I couldn't seem to find an answer to it through google.
See I found this perfect wig for someone I cosplay--right cut and everything (and I am completely unskilled and un-confident about cutting and styling my own wig at this time; I want to maybe go to some panels and learn a few tricks first) but the problem?  It's brown when it needs to be black--or at least a darker brown.  So I was wondering if it's possible to dye a brown wig to black at all?
Kumoricon '13 Lineup
Day 0; Pleinair (Disgaea)
Day 1; Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan), Meenah (Homestuck)
Day 2; Aradisprite in morning (Homestuck)
Day 3; ??? Dunno either Eren or Pleinair

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #1125 on: July 27, 2012, 09:29:35 pm »
kappa roll, i dunno if you've already purchased your wig but arda also sells bang clips (listed under accessories on their site) which you could just attach to your natural hair under the edge of the hat.

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #1126 on: July 28, 2012, 07:22:01 am »
Can anyone help me by styling my code geass wig. I tried but it is to long for me to handle it without messing it up too much.
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline kappa roll

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1127 on: July 28, 2012, 08:44:45 am »
Hiya I had a question, and I couldn't seem to find an answer to it through google.
See I found this perfect wig for someone I cosplay--right cut and everything (and I am completely unskilled and un-confident about cutting and styling my own wig at this time; I want to maybe go to some panels and learn a few tricks first) but the problem?  It's brown when it needs to be black--or at least a darker brown.  So I was wondering if it's possible to dye a brown wig to black at all?

it's actually possible, and fairly simple to dye wigs with sharpies.

tutorial here.

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1128 on: August 05, 2012, 09:40:44 pm »
Anyone know a good wig site to buy cheap wig. I am looking to buy a white bob or shoulder length wig to complete my absol cosplay. I really wanna find a wig that i can buy under $30 including tax and shipping costs. Any suggestions?

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1129 on: August 07, 2012, 06:33:10 pm »
look for Jcpunky on ebay she cheep and nice quality

Offline venicekind

• Cabbit
    • My Anime List
« Reply #1130 on: August 28, 2012, 09:58:20 pm »
So does anyone know of a way to get tangles out of a wig? I went to the goodwill and bought a really cheap wig. I was able to flatten most of the frizz down but there is still a ton of tangles! I've tried to brush it but I'm afraid I'll end up brushing all of the hair out of the wig.

Offline Dark Moon

• Assistant Press Office Manager
  • Cabbit
« Reply #1131 on: August 29, 2012, 12:13:25 am »
Ok so I got to page 30 and stopped to ask a question. Cuz I can't read any more....
How would you attach not clip on pigtails?
That's my question.

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1132 on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:17 am »
Ok so I got to page 30 and stopped to ask a question. Cuz I can't read any more....
That's my question.
Here's one way: https://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=ponytail+wig#/d2u7v8v
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1133 on: August 29, 2012, 11:27:35 am »
So does anyone know of a way to get tangles out of a wig? I went to the goodwill and bought a really cheap wig. I was able to flatten most of the frizz down but there is still a ton of tangles! I've tried to brush it but I'm afraid I'll end up brushing all of the hair out of the wig.

I had to untangle my Miku wig, which was a mess (super tangled ponytails down to my knees! D: ) What I did was make a mix of one part fabric softener with 4 parts water and put it in a spray bottle.  I started from the bottom of the wig and, using a wide toothed comb, started combing out the tangles. Make sure to hold tightly onto the hair above where you are combing so that you don't put too much stress on the wefts and pull all the hair out. If a tangle was too much to just comb out, I spritzed it once or twice with the water/fabric softener solution I made earlier and combed it again. When I was completely done and all the tangles were gone, the wig was a little frizzy, so I straightened it on a very LOW heat.  Don't straighten it on a high heat, because you could melt your wig if it is made of synthetic hair. And that would suck. D:  Idk how long or unruly your wig is, but this method worked really well for me and I had all the stuff I needed at home!

Oh! And don't worry about hair coming out of the wig.  That just happens. :/

Good luck! :D
Shion - No. 6

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1134 on: August 29, 2012, 12:52:21 pm »
i found that washing and then combing then useing a strightner if its heat resistiant helps

Offline Dark Moon

• Assistant Press Office Manager
  • Cabbit
« Reply #1135 on: August 29, 2012, 03:24:56 pm »
That's my question.
Here's one way: https://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=ponytail+wig#/d2u7v8v
THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1136 on: August 29, 2012, 04:19:59 pm »
That's my question.
THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!
You're welcome! I hope it works for you!

Offline ~LindsaySutcliff~

• Cabbit
« Reply #1137 on: September 27, 2012, 04:45:24 pm »
I have to ask you guys to please check out my DA I do commissions and I need to raise 58$ to buy 2 Crona wigs for me and my sister. I'm really trying to work hard for it but all I have is a dollar! http://shishriandkidforever.deviantart.com/
Another year come and gone ~
See ya'll next year, 4 days!
Be sure to look for me:
Roy Mustang
Soul eater Evans
Winry Rockbell
Death the Kid

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1138 on: October 01, 2012, 05:24:14 pm »
I'm gonna be cosplaying as a Little Sister from Bioshock for Sakuracon and I could really use some help finding a good wig.
Most people just use their own hair buuut my hair is way too short to do that so I must use a wig.
Here's a good reference picture of what their hair looks like.

I have some ideas of what I might get but more help never hurt.

Option 1 is to get this wig from Arda wigs in Dark Brown (056) and also their long clip on ponytail and then cut it. The bad thing about this option is that its gonna end up costing me a pretty penny and I don't know the first thing about cutting a wig.
http://arda-wigs.com/collections/lulu
http://arda-wigs.com/collections/long-pony-clip

Option 2 is to get this wig from Amphigory [whom I've never bought from before] and their clip on pony in #33 Dark Auburn. This is probably the cheaper route and their pony clip is already the perfect length, I'm just worried about the colors of the wig and the ponytail not matching up.
http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_b_cher.html
http://www.amphigory.com/clipon_fy_satine.html

So, have any ideas of better wigs to get or opinions on these ones?

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Hall Cosplay Staff
  • Catgirl
« Reply #1139 on: October 17, 2012, 09:41:55 am »
I'm looking for a wig that will work for this character:

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1140 on: October 17, 2012, 02:34:36 pm »

I'd suggest Arda's Jasmine wig: http://arda-wigs.com/products/jasmine It's an upweft wig that you wouldn't need to take apart to make it lay right, nor would you need a ponytail clip. The downside is that their color selection is limited and their wigs usually run a bit large.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Hall Cosplay Staff
  • Catgirl
« Reply #1141 on: October 17, 2012, 03:31:14 pm »

I'd suggest Arda's Jasmine wig: http://arda-wigs.com/products/jasmine It's an upweft wig that you wouldn't need to take apart to make it lay right, nor would you need a ponytail clip. The downside is that their color selection is limited and their wigs usually run a bit large.

Thank you for the link.  I believe I will end up using that one.  ^_^

Offline Alli-san

• Oni
« Reply #1142 on: November 07, 2012, 05:09:22 pm »
Ok, I kind of need help with a wig. This year at Kumoricon (which was fabulous, by the way!), I was cosplaying as Sayaka Miki from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and I thought instead of wearing a wig, I would dye my hair blue. It didn't work. What happened was that my hair was dyed a strange yellow and green combo that was very undesirable. So after Kumoricon, I thought to buy a wig that would go with Sayaka, but when I got the wig, the sides were very uneven and I am very put out with the seller and the seller isn't really helping to resolve the issue. I would like to know if there's anyone on here who knows a wig seller that is a reliable that they have been happy with and won't disappoint. The name of the seller on Ebay is 2010lan19781212.

Anyway, I would deeply appreciate it if anyone had feedback for me. :)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1143 on: November 08, 2012, 06:43:21 pm »
Ok, I kind of need help with a wig. This year at Kumoricon (which was fabulous, by the way!), I was cosplaying as Sayaka Miki from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and I thought instead of wearing a wig, I would dye my hair blue. It didn't work. What happened was that my hair was dyed a strange yellow and green combo that was very undesirable. So after Kumoricon, I thought to buy a wig that would go with Sayaka, but when I got the wig, the sides were very uneven and I am very put out with the seller and the seller isn't really helping to resolve the issue. I would like to know if there's anyone on here who knows a wig seller that is a reliable that they have been happy with and won't disappoint. The name of the seller on Ebay is 2010lan19781212.

Anyway, I would deeply appreciate it if anyone had feedback for me. :)

The only places I've ever ordered wigs from are WigFashion on eBay and Arda Wigs. Arda Wigs has high quality wigs but they're kind of expensive and WigFashion has pretty good wigs for fairly cheap and no shipping costs.
http://stores.ebay.com/Wig-Fashion
http://arda-wigs.com/

Offline nikkiolie

• Cosplay Repair Staff
  • It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #1144 on: November 09, 2012, 08:08:19 am »
I've also used wigfeaver and arda. I have had good results from both. What kind of wig are you looking for? Do you have a refrence picture? If you live in the Portland area there are a few wig shops here. There is one in Tigard off Hall and 99W by Joanns and there is one in down town portland by Lloyd. Both of them have more normal color wigs but they do have some colored ones. The one by Lloyd also gives a discound if you mention Kumoricon and they are kinda cheap (Like 25+ )

Offline Alli-san

• Oni
« Reply #1145 on: November 16, 2012, 01:50:18 am »
Thank you both for your advice!

I like the idea of going local, and buying a wig there. As for a reference picture, here is one: http://images.puella-magi.net/a/a1/BLT_Sayaka_Illustration.jpg?20110706032125

But I may also do another cosplay, because of the bad luck I've had with this one.

Offline nikkiolie

• Cosplay Repair Staff
  • It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #1146 on: November 16, 2012, 08:13:06 am »
You might be able to get a wig like that at wigland in Portland. They are limited in their colors but they would have that cut I'm sure.

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1147 on: November 16, 2012, 05:23:46 pm »
So for Kumoricon 2013 I'm going to need a dark pinkish color long wig for Revy, as well as a purple wig for Blair. The Blair one I can just get a purple wig and style it, but the Revy one might be kind of difficult, because that color does not seem to exist. So I'll either have to buy a custom one that's really expensive (which is out of the question cause I'm poor), dye one (which I'm not sure would work or how I'd do that), or use a dark brown one (which would be inaccurate. So if anyone would have any suggestions as to where I could find a decently priced wig for Revy, how I could dye a wig, or other options for what I could do aside from using my own hair, which would not work because it wouldn't grow out in time, that'd be great!

Edit: I'm just going to switch my cosplay plans.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:44:50 pm by mesaverde »
Kumoricon 2014 tentative lineup:
Day 1: Yumichika Ayasegawa (Bleach)
Day 2: Flamenco Jolteon (Pokemon)
Day 3: Fujisake Yuusuke/Bossun (Sket Dance)
Day 4: Superbi Squalo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Offline PaigeLoe

• Cabbit
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1148 on: November 18, 2012, 12:44:45 pm »
ALRIGHTY! I am having wig trouble... I recently got my Crona wig in the mail. I purchased it off ebay for $16, thinking that I could save on money and time with a pre-styled wig. I knew that it wouldn't be like the Arda wigs I have purchased in the past, but I wanted indulge my curiosity.

Here are my problems with the wig:
1.) It's more purply than his pink/lavender shade,
2.) I can see some of the skin top's white lacing.

Here are my ideas to fix these problems:
1.) Do a little sharpie dye treatment to get some pinky color in it
2.) Hopefully the dye will fix some of the white lacing showing through.
But if that is not enough, I could color straight onto the lacing with a matching color sharpie.

I wanted to get some more experienced wig-workers' opinions on this. I need to know if I should just return this one and buy the nicer wig from Arda, and cut/style it myself, which I am willing to do. If I can salvage this one that I have it would put my coin purse at ease though. Your thoughtful suggestions are much appreciated! Thank you ;D
Second Year-KCon13 Confirmed Cosplay: Crona Gorgon ,Kotoko AND Arrietty. Newcon12: Raven. Summer Cospaly: Ikki.

First Year-KCon12 : Haruhi Fujioka, Ryoga Hibiki

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1149 on: November 22, 2012, 12:08:03 pm »
ALRIGHTY! I am having wig trouble... I recently got my Crona wig in the mail. I purchased it off ebay for $16, thinking that I could save on money and time with a pre-styled wig. I knew that it wouldn't be like the Arda wigs I have purchased in the past, but I wanted indulge my curiosity.

Here are my problems with the wig:
1.) It's more purply than his pink/lavender shade,
2.) I can see some of the skin top's white lacing.

Here are my ideas to fix these problems:
1.) Do a little sharpie dye treatment to get some pinky color in it
2.) Hopefully the dye will fix some of the white lacing showing through.
But if that is not enough, I could color straight onto the lacing with a matching color sharpie.

I wanted to get some more experienced wig-workers' opinions on this. I need to know if I should just return this one and buy the nicer wig from Arda, and cut/style it myself, which I am willing to do. If I can salvage this one that I have it would put my coin purse at ease though. Your thoughtful suggestions are much appreciated! Thank you ;D

Welp, seeing as you can't make a darker wig lighter, I would say get a new one..I would need to see the exact colors (both what you have AND what you need) but it sounds like you want a lighter color which is impossible