Author Topic: Would like to be on staff in 2018.  (Read 3323 times)

Offline KiddeathJR

• Oni
Would like to be on staff in 2018.
« on: October 20, 2017, 11:50:24 am »
I would love to be on staff next year But, I don't know where i would like to be. Does any former staff or current staff have any areas a first timer would be good at???

Offline Woodrat

• Cabbit
Re: Would like to be on staff in 2018.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 10:17:44 pm »
Kind of weird that there has not been any replies to this.

Anyways it really depends on your preference. Do you enjoy talking to folks? Rather stay in the background? Can stand on your feet for hours on end? Good with money? There's probably a spot perfect for you! Just have to find it.

Offline Blender

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 10:56:33 am »
I staffed this year and had a blast. If you can't stand for long periods of time I suggest staffing registration or merchandise both.  If you like to interact with people you could do yojimbo, exhibited hall, or artists alley.

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 08:48:28 am »
I think there weren't any replies because it was posted a week before con - when all staffers were extremely busy :)

I'd recommend attending one of the open staff meetings (https://www.kumoricon.org/meetings).  You can talk to lots of people who are staff and who could help you find a position that best fits your interests and skills.  All departments are always in need of more staff, so I'd say think about what kind of work you like to do, and you can probably find a spot that caters to that.

Offline KiddeathJR

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 08:46:51 am »
Standing on my feet does not bother me. I have worked retail for 13 years from selling / and currently Cashier. I have worked 12hr shifts before, so i know what to wear for shoes.

Offline miko murphy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 09:58:59 pm »
come to the first meeting in January and listen to what the directors need for staff. Its a great way to hear all the different positions and find something that interests you.
2009 attendee 2010 attendee 2011 info booth staff