Author Topic: Favorite Robin Williams movie-scenes-comedy bits etc  (Read 4111 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Favorite Robin Williams movie-scenes-comedy bits etc
« on: August 14, 2014, 03:25:48 pm »
The world lost a great artist this week and its heavy.  Yes he was an actor who I never met, and know only from his movies and stories of his deeds, but I grew up with his movies and they are a part of my childhood, hearing this news was like a sucker punch.  The details are all out there on the web, so please do not to go into a debate on them here and the subject and such I am going to put this here.

And ask people to post some of your favorite movies-scenes-comedy bits-story etc, here to share, I know its hard to pick one
I humbly request on this thread to please be respectful and kind.
  Unless referring to rush Limbaugh, he can suck it.

Okay one of my favorite RW momments is in the movie "Ferngully: the Last Rain Forrest" when he is explaining what a human is, "Nutritious and delicious, takes just like chicken!"
I still say that bit here n there, like in a skit at the uwajimaya event when describing what a prop "Titan crunchies" tasted like.

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Re: Favorite Robin Williams movie-scenes-comedy bits etc
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 04:37:49 pm »
My favorite movies, as much as I loved his humor, tend to be the human-interest ones: Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, Awakenings.

Favorite comedy bit: When he explained that guys have two brains, and only enough blood to keep one working at a time.

The quote that came to mind with the news of this past week: "The earth is poorer... It has lost a good man, and we can not afford it."
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:54:12 pm »
So many moments!

His Batty Rap from Ferngully was amazing (but shoot, the whole role was perfectly off-the-wall).

As much as I love him for his comedy, I'm with Random. The things that stick with me the most are his serious roles. He had a way of bringing realism and heart to roles that hit all the right chords.

Particularly Dead Poets Society and World's Greatest Dad. The subtlety in both roles, how he played with under-the-skin pain and grief so potently, brought it to the surface with mere nuances, and yet made you feel like his whole world was breaking. His talents were so much more vast than a lot of people gave him credit for.

And Hook! How could I not mention that one? I fell in love with that movie and never looked back. His farewell speech to the Lost Boys gets me, and I reckon it would hit even harder now.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Hillopurkki

• Cabbit
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 05:57:36 pm »
I'm a theater nerd. Definitely Dead Poet's Society. Had I not been in the car when I heard of his passing, I would have stood on a table and exclaimed "O Captain my Captain"

Mrs. Doubtfire, as problematic as it is, is sort of my guilty pleasure, as his speech towards the end about families who divorce is very heartfelt.
Aladdin and Hook are childhood favorites of mine too. :)

Terve, Maria, armoitettu,  Herra sinun kanssasi.
I literally can only remember the Hail Mary in Finnish, nothing else hahaha.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 08:24:03 pm »
special episode of whose line is it anyway. he was gold there!
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 10:55:42 pm »
Aladdin. The Genie was/is amazing. *goes to a corner and bashes my head into the floor*
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 04:03:32 am »
I'm gonna go with one that not many people liked: Robots.  I loved the part where his character (and the main) are trying to get in by acting like royal diplomats, and the doorman offers to be slapped.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 12:07:08 pm »
One of my favorite Rpbon Williams moments was seeing when he rediscovered himself as Peter Pan in the movie Hook. The way he handled himself in that scene was so warm and genuine it was absolutely delightful.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:37:59 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 03:38:47 pm »
One Hour Photo: Robin Williams' character (whose name escapes me), sharing his love of Neon Genesis Evangelion (I forgive him for butchering the anime name), with a young kid

(This scene passed me by, due to me not being a "full blown" anime fan, when I saw this movie. Also, I didn't really like this movie.)

("Like an angel who has forsaken sympathy, rise up young boy and make yourself a legend!")
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:40:56 pm by JaegerDarkness »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka