Author Topic: Hetalia 2013  (Read 55538 times)

Offline linachan

• Sailor Scout
    • TMNT Demonic RPG
Re: Hetalia 2013
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2013, 04:02:02 pm »
I will be cosplaying England and my friend is going as Switzerland will try and make it to the shoot depending what day its on.

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2013, 08:25:59 pm »
I will be cosplaying England and my friend is going as Switzerland will try and make it to the shoot depending what day its on.

It's on Day 1 at 1400. :) We're meeting at the war memorial and then going down to the river.
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline GuardianOfRealms89

• Oni
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2013, 01:51:45 am »
I'm throwing this out to see if anyone's interested in a little project that Northwest Hetalians (A Seattle/Northwest-based Hetalia cosplay group) has started. It's called Positalia and it's our way to reach out the the people within the cosplay community who are going through hard times/depression/confidence problems, etc.. What we're doing is dressing as our favorite characters and making signs to hold in simple pictures. The signs will have character-appropriate and positive messages in them. We're trying to keep the messages diverse and the backgrounds/characters/signs simple, bright, and fun!!

If you're interested in participating, I can bring poster paper, pens, and pencils so that during the shoot, you can make your own posters. I'll then have you come to me when you're done and I'll get your pictures! If you give me some sort of handle/forum name/dA/e-mail address, I can send you a message when the final video is done!
Here's my first submission (Please excuse the messy wig, I wasn't done with it when I took the picture)
I really like this idea, a good way to kind of use the pictures and your favorite characters to help people. And I think I might have a quote idea I might use for Nyo-Canada. I hope more people will want to do this, I love this idea! :)

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2013, 08:05:18 pm »
I'm going to be Denmark and I am pretty sure my Norway

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2013, 09:01:54 pm »
I'll be going as England, And my sister will be going as 2p! England on day one and half of day two. We will probably be wandering around with DasDeutsch who is going as Denmark.

This is my friend whom I was talking about. She has an account now.
Used to be DasDeutsch

Tumblr: http://the-king-of-sassgard.tumblr.com

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2013, 08:17:44 am »
I'm really excited to see all the Hetalia cosplayers this year!
Also imouto I'd love to participate! I think I know exactly what to write as well. c:

Offline Spongeekat

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2013, 10:35:00 pm »
That is such a cute idea ;u;
I don't think I'll be attending Kumoricon this year as Hetalia, for the fact that I only have wigs but no finished cosplays (Unless I break down and pull together a casual one) but that is super sweet! I'd love to participate in something like that. :'D

☮♥Kumoricon 2015♥☮
Day 0: Undecided
Day 1: Spain - Hetalia
Day 2: England - Hetalia
Day 3: Makoto - Free
Day 4: Elizabeth - Black Butler

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2013, 03:01:11 pm »
im attending as a ww1 military Italy~!!  :D

Offline Manfred

• Oni
    • Twitter
    • My DA account
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2013, 01:24:17 am »
Ok I have to be brutally honest with you guys, I'm really looking forward to the Hetalia photo shoot... I'm very in to this fandom...

HOWEVER.

I made this account just to say this. As a Germany Cosplayer, as a fan, as a history student, and as a person who is very aware of the fact that she scares old people when she walks through the Farmers Market in her Germany cosplay- We as a fandom cannot meet /in front of the WW2 memorial./ Can we please at least meet more in front of the Hilton overflow parking lot?

I am appealing to your senses of respect, we cannot meet in that place.

All of that said, I'll be there as either WW1 or WW2 Germany on Saturday and HetaWeen Gladiator Germany on Sunday. :)
Kumoricon 2014:

WW1 Germany, Fighter Pilot (Hetalia)
WW2 Germany (Hetalia)
WW2 Afrika Korps, Germany (Hetalia, tentative)

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2013, 05:19:19 pm »
I made this account just to say this. As a Germany Cosplayer, as a fan, as a history student, and as a person who is very aware of the fact that she scares old people when she walks through the Farmers Market in her Germany cosplay- We as a fandom cannot meet /in front of the WW2 memorial./ Can we please at least meet more in front of the Hilton overflow parking lot?

I am appealing to your senses of respect, we cannot meet in that place.

I agree with you 100%.
Used to be DasDeutsch

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2013, 01:14:45 am »
That's completely understandable and as someone who does their best to not offend anyone because of this fandom. I think it would be a lot better for us all to instead meet over by the stairs in the park maybe? I want to do our best to not be in the way of other people.

Offline Manfred

• Oni
    • Twitter
    • My DA account
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2013, 01:29:20 am »
Thanks to both of you for understanding, I really hope the meeting place can in fact be moved.

It's really pretty by the dock and everything so great photo-op place. I read through the earlier comments and I agree that the clock tower, while convenient, is a place where...well...everyone meets and therefore not ideal.

So yeah, an even closer place by the side stairs would be good I think, and easy to find/run to if people are a little late. Also it's got shade. Which I think we can all appreciate lol
Kumoricon 2014:

WW2 Germany (Hetalia)

Offline DarkInuFan

• Cabbit
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2013, 04:15:09 pm »
Hello! I am Ukraine, and I hope you'd be willing to have me! *Bows* Oh, dear, I guess I have to find where that button went off to...
Blue dress Anna from Frozen
Casual Ukraine Hetalia

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2013, 04:19:04 pm »
Aah.. I understand everyone's concern, but I didn't intend for anyone to actually take pictures there.. I just wanted an easy-to-find meeting spot that everyone could meet at and then move away from once everyone was there. It wouldn't be a repeat of Anime Boston's "incident". If we can come to an agreement for a new place, I totally understand the reasoning behind it, but it would be best to get this settled right away.

But I have no clue where the Hilton overflow parking lot is, nor the stairs in the park (Unless you mean the Gazebo, which is a terrible meeting place), and which side stairs were you talking about, Manfred?

Offline Manfred

• Oni
    • Twitter
    • My DA account
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2013, 05:00:34 pm »
The stairs in the park are a little off to one side if i remember right...the gazebo's usually pretty busy though.

And I don't expect that there would be any problems with photos or incidents, I just feel that since the likelyhood is that we can't vouch for the maturity of everyone who would be gathering, it would be a good idea to not even have it be an issue. :)

I was thinking the side entrance of the Hilton actually, as I realized after I posted ;; It usually fairly empty there. And the Hilton overflow parking lot is on the way to the Red Lion (or should I say it was last year, I'm fairly sure they haven't moved it though), it's just a fenced off area on that sort of main con drag. As are the stairs I mentioned (also it's right by where the info booth/18+ handstamp set up has been). What do you think, it would be the same street as the memorial, just closer to the hotel? Somewhere not to crowded would be good.
Kumoricon 2014:

WW2 Germany (Hetalia)

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2013, 01:01:45 pm »
Last night I was thinking about the driveway that leads into the tabletop gaming center, where the masquerade line went last year. That's a big open area right off from the Hilton, easy to spot, and out of the way. It's just past the side stairs you mentioned. Would that work?

Offline Manfred

• Oni
    • Twitter
    • My DA account
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2013, 01:46:17 pm »
That sounds like a great spot to me, although I think I read somewhere that they were changing where they put the dealer's room this year? I think it would still work though.
Kumoricon 2014:

WW2 Germany (Hetalia)

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2013, 05:17:36 pm »
I agree, the driveway would be a great place to meet! The dealer's hall will also be where the gaming center was last year.
I can also personally go around and round up any stray Hetalians that might not know where to meet. I'm really good at spreading information around, and since I'm one of the hosts for the world meeting at the end I can announce where we'll be meeting for the Hetalia photoshoots, and that they can just follow me if they get confused or lost.

Offline Manfred

• Oni
    • Twitter
    • My DA account
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2013, 06:41:38 pm »
Perfect! I'm glad we could work this out, I was starting to feel like a troublemaker...
I'll help spread the word as well, though it sounds like you'll have that covered. :)
Kumoricon 2014:

WW2 Germany (Hetalia)

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2013, 11:37:05 pm »
Here's the final info: we'll be meeting on Saturday at 1400, starting at the underground Hilton parking garage entrance (East side, right next to the old Weber Machine Works building) and then going to the river as a group.

Offline Spitfire

• Oni
    • dA
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2013, 12:26:51 am »
^I agree with Manfrid's comment above, as a history major myself.

Just dropping by to say that I'll be coming on day 2 as Revolutionary era England
Kumoricon 2013: Spitfire (Airgear), Revolutionary!England (Hetalia), Fem!lock (BBC Sherlock)

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2013, 08:46:11 pm »
are you going to update whos on the list??

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2013, 12:40:48 am »
are you going to update whos on the list??

-cuffs your ears- Patience. I know you understand it, or else how could you cook pasta? Things with real life got really busy recently, hence the silence on this thread.

Offline Nishi

• Cabbit
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2013, 10:48:26 pm »
 Sorry this post is SO LATE, but I'm seeing if anyone can answer my stupid questions! The last time I've been to Kumoricon was 2007 (NO JOKE), so my memory is completely shot.

Is the "river" the Columbia River aka heading south to the WA/OR border? I've been to enough gatherings to know that not everyone is on time. If the group moves ahead, I might need to know where it is. XD

I'm not quite sure where the underground parking is but I'll try to find it… FYI I'll be nyo!Prussia (with two friends as nyo!Germany and nyo!Austria), so uh, if I find you guys cool, if not then oh well. But HOPEFULLY I can catch some of you around con or something, at least.  ;D

@Manfred: Much props to you for suggesting to not meet at a war memorial; I'm not going to lie I've been hiding from the Hetalia fandom due to inconsiderate issues like that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:49:35 pm by Nishi »
Kumoricon 2016:
currently undecided!

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2013, 10:57:20 pm »
Is the "river" the Columbia River aka heading south to the WA/OR border? I've been to enough gatherings to know that not everyone is on time. If the group moves ahead, I might need to know where it is. XD

I'm not quite sure where the underground parking is but I'll try to find it… FYI I'll be nyo!Prussia (with two friends as nyo!Germany and nyo!Austria), so uh, if I find you guys cool, if not then oh well. But HOPEFULLY I can catch some of you around con or something, at least.  ;D

[/size]
[/size]I believe so and also the con is right next to it. :)[size=78%]

[/size]It's on the left side of the main entrance to the Hilton. It's also where registration will be.[size=78%]
Used to be DasDeutsch

Offline Manfred

• Oni
    • Twitter
    • My DA account
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2013, 11:44:43 pm »
@Nishi It'd always been well stated before by the people who ran these shoots, as well as the flag issues, I was only re-stating it really. Besides which I'm leaning towards being a history major so it's on my mind a fair bit, and I'm not sure of the age-group that'll be attending the shoot, it just doesn't always cross people's minds. So come out of hiding, many of us are very considerate. :)
Kumoricon 2014:

WW2 Germany (Hetalia)

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2013, 01:49:22 am »
-feels like a bad person now- Just to get this out there, I didn't mean to be inconsiderate and thought that it would be nice to reflect on the past and maybe teach some of the younger people about not just the US side of things, but what the other countries were going through. I understand the problems that this fandom runs into, but most of the people I know, even the younger ones, understand that when they make a mistake within the historical realm while cosplaying it reflects really badly on everyone.

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2013, 02:07:09 am »
Whoops, this is a very late post (sorry!), but I'll be Belgium again this year!  Same outfit as last year, as seen in my avatar.

Although the fake poppies and tulips will be kind of hard to miss, I think.  (8  I look forward to meeting all of you!!

(Also, if I may weigh in on the fandom's reputation:  I was a bit hesitant to cosplay from Hetalia at first too, but then Belgium happened and...I just had to.  My first experience was actually at KumoriCon and I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to dive into the fandom around.  I promise we're well behaved!  I even remember the organizers that year telling everyone at the shoot that rape jokes are Not Cool Ever, and that was awesome.  So...yep!  That's enough out of me - for now, anyway.)
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline boyvandals

• Oni
    • Twitter
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2013, 08:51:31 am »
Hello Everyone! This is the Sweden/Person who gestured and yelled a lot yesterday from the photoshoot. I would have posted this last night but I had to make a new account l m a o. So we have scheduled a new photoshoot for today at 11 am! I will be leading this one, although I will be dressed as Jim Kirk so I won't be participating. We will meet at the clock tower and then find a place in the park which is less crowded. These are the groups that I have planned so far -- if you have others, you can bring them to me BEFORE 11 am and I will add them. Keep in mind, we have a small group this year and thus we may not be able to fulfill all requests.
----------
Axis
Allies
Baltics
Micronations
Asian nations
Colony Family (France, England, Canada, US)
Bad Touch Trio (Probably will turn into a Prussia-fest but thats ok yea)
Germanic nations
German Bros (Germany and Prussia)
Scandanavia
Female Nations
2P
USUK
Fruk
America/Canada
Franada
Spumano
ItaGer
PruHun
HungaryAustria
PrussiaAustria
PrussiaRussia
AmericaJapan
Sweden+Sealand+Finland
Awesome Trio (I don't remember what this is but this was a req from yesterday so??? hopefully one of you can remind me)

This is all I have for now! You can bring Reqs before 11 am and we'll probably move at ~11:10, making sure that we can nab any late comers. I don't anticipate the shoot going for longer that an hour, but it will probably be less because of the amount of people we have. Thank you and sorry for the late post.

Offline Nishi

• Cabbit
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2013, 02:43:16 pm »
-feels like a bad person now- Just to get this out there, I didn't mean to be inconsiderate and thought that it would be nice to reflect on the past and maybe teach some of the younger people about not just the US side of things, but what the other countries were going through. I understand the problems that this fandom runs into, but most of the people I know, even the younger ones, understand that when they make a mistake within the historical realm while cosplaying it reflects really badly on everyone.
Aww no worries! What I said wasn't a stab at you at all. D:

Thanks again for organizing the gathering! Sorry I wasn't there too long, I was pretty hot and starting to feel miserable so my friends and I went to cool off. It was fun though and everyone was awesome!
Kumoricon 2016:
currently undecided!

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2014, 09:22:30 pm »
Has anybody posted any of the photos from the photoshoot anywhere? I can't find them.
Used to be DasDeutsch

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2014, 11:15:30 pm »
Has anybody posted any of the photos from the photoshoot anywhere? I can't find them.

I posted onto my facebook, but the pictures weren't that great so I didn't share them here.