Author Topic: Anime Past: The Aging Otaku Lounge  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
Anime Past: The Aging Otaku Lounge
« on: March 07, 2013, 06:08:23 pm »
There is a community that has been set up for veteran adult anime fans to get together and discuss and share anime of the past!  We've been looking for new members and if you're interested please check us out!

See here before joining!: http://animepast.net/Forum_Guide/

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Re: Anime Past: The Aging Otaku Lounge
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:58:24 pm »
veteran adult anime fans to get together and discuss and share anime of the past!

Only with each other though. No introducing older anime to new fans, who might be genuinely interested. From your rules:

In order to qualify for membership in the first place, you must have been an anime and/or manga fan in the west starting in the mid-90's or prior.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:12:27 pm »
That sounds fine to me.  I think it's good for the older fans to find as many fellow otaku from that era.  I might even join, myself.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 10:56:06 pm »
veteran adult anime fans to get together and discuss and share anime of the past!

Only with each other though. No introducing older anime to new fans, who might be genuinely interested. From your rules:

In order to qualify for membership in the first place, you must have been an anime and/or manga fan in the west starting in the mid-90's or prior.

That's what the forum is meant for though.  There's a plethora of general anime forums where a new fan can find recommendations for older anime and discuss it.   But from mine and several of the members previous experiences, not many forums where older fans can get together to discuss anime with each other and find others who even remember those titles from the 70's to the mid-90's.

That sounds fine to me.  I think it's good for the older fans to find as many fellow otaku from that era.  I might even join, myself.

I only recently joined the forum, but I am thoroughly enjoying myself there.  It a forum I was looking for for a long time where I feel like people know what I'm talking about. XD