Author Topic: Otaku Atheist & Everybody Facebook Page  (Read 1931 times)

Offline legionangel04

• Oni
Otaku Atheist & Everybody Facebook Page
« on: June 26, 2012, 10:05:42 pm »
http://www.facebook.com/TheAtheistCommunityofOtaku

I welcome you to The Atheist Community of Otaku. Join your fellow con-goers on a Facebook page where you can talk about absolutely anything, ask questions you haven't found the answers to, find support from like-minded people, and share your own stories.

I will try and keep weekly updates on videos from The Atheist Experience and pod casts from The Thinking Atheist. If you know of any other broadcast of on any theist/atheist topic that you would like to share please let me know.

Everybody is welcome to add anything to the page. This is not designed to insult anybody or anything in any sort of way. I made this page to show those who think they are alone that they aren’t. One of my main focuses is to just keep it civil. A great example is that currently the main picture is a joke about debating creationism. If somebody decides to share a picture joking about atheism, agnostics, and/or anything else I wont care. I’ll even laugh at it as well. There will be no bias towards any questions, opinions, interests, or belief system.

What I mean by "There will be no bias" is with me being the only moderator of this page I wont control anything that somebody decides to say and share. What I will control is when something begins to get out of hand. Example: when people from any and all sides starts to attack other people. If such a situation occurs I will kindly ask them to stop just like a moderator of any forum would do. If they persist they will be removed as they would from any forum. This is also a page where you can just come and talk about anything. And I mean anything as long as its not 18+. This is a peaceful place and I intend to keep it that way.

With information coming from regular people and not apologists/scientists it can be a great place for people from all sides to get information and opinions that they previously couldn’t.

There are a lot of  theists, agnostics, and atheists that don’t have a place where they can comfortably talk about certain subjects. That’s what this page is for, adult conversations in a non-violent environment.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Otaku Atheist & Everybody Facebook Page
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 11:29:07 am »
I'm neither athiest nor agnostic, but I have been one of the panelists for Religion in Anime at Kumoricon, and I am curious whether you have felt there were any specific anime that either depicted characters as atheist or as agnostic, and/or, the underlying premises of which came across to you as atheist or agnostic.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).