Author Topic: Scavenger hunt?  (Read 2441 times)

Offline bamfi1218

• Cabbit
Scavenger hunt?
« on: June 22, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »
Is there gonna be another scavenger hunt?? My friends and I are starting our costumes this week (within the week atleast) And we are wanting to dress as atleast one of the characters on the list. Is it out yet, or is it a random thing?  ::)
Symmetry is Key~
Ve~

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
Re: Scavenger hunt?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 06:41:31 pm »
I think last year the person running the contest took submissions for characters on the list
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 01:42:37 am »
Unless my memory fails me (again), this would be a decision made by the programming department.  I'd recommend shooting them an email about it.  programming@kumoricon.org .  At the very least, they can pass the information on to whichever department it ought to go to.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 08:49:24 pm »
to my knowledge they didn't tell us ahead of time who was going to be on the scavenger hunt list. i am curious though as to how many people got blackout last year, cause i only knew of 2 soi fong's (myself being one) and we were both only her on day 1. was there another one wandering around?
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:45:04 am »
I would think that even if they don't post it publicly before con, there has to be some sort of consideration taken about who's going to be dressed as who. How awkward would it be to have someone on the hunt and nobody at all cossplayed them? I would guess that there is some stalking of the cossplay thread that happens?
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 12:04:41 pm »
to my knowledge they didn't tell us ahead of time who was going to be on the scavenger hunt list. i am curious though as to how many people got blackout last year, cause i only knew of 2 soi fong's (myself being one) and we were both only her on day 1. was there another one wandering around?

I'd heard that two people had successfully blacked out last year, but that was from others on the forums.  I'm not sure if there was that many who officially submitted a full board, or if there may have even been more.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 12:48:01 pm »
I know that in my group we had something who cleared three lines, but that was it.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 03:58:31 pm »
In 2010, they asked for people on the forums to participate as the huntee in the Scavenger Hunt. I did participate and gave out stickers/initialed hunters' lists at the con. Last year, they pulled characters that people listed in their signatures on the forums and had hunters take pictures at the con to get blackouts. Not sure what is in store for this year. :)
And so it begins...

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 01:21:48 am »

Last year, we had our first blackout by 4pm on Saturday.. which was unexpected :-\  I lost count of the number we had over the weekend.

We are going to do the same thing we did last year... take a picture of someone dressed as the character, earn buttons for each line.  More detailed info will be posted closer to con.

As for cosplays... targets were chosen by looking thru the various cosplay threads and picking out a few easy to find, harder to find, and rares (we don't want to make it too easy ;).  We will be doing the same thing this year.  There won't be any signups, and the list won't be released before con (last year it was in the pocket guide, so people knew about it in advance.)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 10:00:21 am »
After the con will there be a gallery of the photos? Like collect them as people bring them in then host them on the site? (:
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline bamfi1218

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 01:28:00 am »
My friend Tabby and I blacked out last year! I don't think we were the "two" though... Maybe.. :O

I think they get the character ideas from people who suggested it and SAID they were going as that character, you know?
Symmetry is Key~
Ve~

Offline BloddyRosePettles

• Oni
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 10:28:57 pm »
I remember the scavenger hunt last year :D So many people stopped me to get a picture of me because I was the mascot (See my little profile picture there?). I'm currently making the Mascot costume for this years mascot, so if the mascot is on be on the look out for me :D (My friend will be dressed as last year's mascot with me).

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 12:15:13 am »
Dude! There were a lot more people who got blackouts! I got a blackout but all I got was a hand full of buttons. I would still compete if they did another one this year though. Cuz it's fun as hell.