Author Topic: Cosplayers: Invitation to Appear At Women of Wonder Day 2011  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Andy Mangels

• Oni
Cosplayers: Invitation to Appear At Women of Wonder Day 2011
« on: September 23, 2011, 07:05:20 pm »
Cosplayers: Invitation to Appear At Women of Wonder Day 2011

http://www.womenofwonderday.com/

Hola!

From 2006-2010, the five WONDER WOMAN DAY events raised over $110,000 for Domestic Violence charity programs in Portland, Oregon and Flemington, NJ. The five-year combination of auctions of over 1,000 original art pieces, plus collectibles, autograph signings, and photo opportunities has meant a spectacular turnout… and multiple Mayoral Proclamations!

On Sunday, October 30, 2011, the new WOMEN OF WONDER DAY - again as a part of National Domestic Violence Awareness Month - will take place, returning to Excalibur Books in Portland, Oregon!

http://www.womenofwonderday.com/

There will be multiple Domestic Violence charity programs benefiting from the events, spearheaded by Bradley Angle. All donations will be tax deductible.

As with last year in Portland, we are inviting various cosplay groups to take part in this event, from Trekkers to Troopers to Jedis to Browncoats to Mercs to Real-Life Super-Heroes to Steampunk to Anime.

We are welcoming cosplayers to the event. If you would like to do some kind of fundraising element (photo-taking, try on a costume or other ideas), we welcome that, but would ask that all charity monies raised that day go to the Domestic Violence charities chosen, spearheaded by Bradley Angle.

If you're involved in a Cosplay group, feel free to contact me if you want to set up something more specific as an invited/promoted group.

ADDITIONALLY: On Thursday, September 27th, we will be hosting a special RSVP-ONLY private screening of the 1975 Wonder Woman pilot and the Buffy musical episode “Once More With Feeling.” This will be at a deluxe PRIVATE SCREENING ROOM which has 21 deluxe reclining theatre seats (and room for more on the spacious floor and risers), a large movie screen, and surround sound. Popcorn and champagne will be provided.  A $15 donation is recommended.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to have you participate as a part of this Wonderful day!

Best Wishes,
Andy Mangels
www.AndyMangels.com
www.WonderWomanMuseum.com
Member, International Association of Media Tie-In Writers www.iamtw.org
Advisory Board, Prism Comics www.prismcomics.org

Offline Andy Mangels

• Oni
Re: Cosplayers: Invitation to Appear At Women of Wonder Day 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 05:35:39 am »
If you plan on attending in costume, let me know, and we'll post the character name on the website!

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Re: Cosplayers: Invitation to Appear At Women of Wonder Day 2011
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 01:58:23 pm »
If you'd like, there is a bunch of us actually doing a production of 'Once More With Feeling' and we could either have a day or two of our production that the profit goes to this. Or we could perform some of the songs at this event. Just tell me and I'll talk with them ^^
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay