Author Topic: 2011 Panels - FAQ  (Read 6728 times)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
2011 Panels - FAQ
« on: January 20, 2011, 01:40:35 pm »
Panel forms are now being accepted for the 2011 convention.  You can find the panel forms here.

Forms can be emailed to panels@kumoricon.org, or you can submit them at a general meeting.  You will receive an email that your submitted panel forms has been received.

Due to limited panel space, not all panels will be approved.  This is so we can try to provide the greatest variety of panels at the convention.

Panelists will receive an email when their panel is approved for the con schedule.... most likely in July.

Panelists who have been approved for at least 2 hours of panel will qualify for a discounted panelist registration.  You can request the link for registration, and once it has been confirmed you qualify, it will be sent to you.

Real life can get in the way sometimes, so don't be concerned if it takes a week or so receive a reply. ;)

If you have any other questions, you can post here, or email panels@kumoricon.org.

Thanks  :)

Edited to add:

Stuff that pops up frequently -

• No, you cannot serve food/snacks/drinks in your panel.  No outside food or drink is allowed in con space.  All such items must be provided through hotel catering, and it is not cheap.  If you are really, really serious, you can email me, but I will try and talk you out of it :D.

• If you don't tell me what tech you need (sound, projector & screen, etc), I cannot guarantee it will be there for you panel. If you need tech, be sure to specify on your form.  And no, we don't supply computers... you need to bring your own.

• You can not sell stuff (food, goods, people) during your panel.  See above for food, artists alley for goods, and do I really need to explain the last one?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:00:28 am by Jamiche »
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2011 Panels - FAQ
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:49:16 am »
All panel requests received to date have been sent a confirmation email.  If you submitted a panel form and have not received an email, your form was lost somewhere in the Internet and you need to submit again :)

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 10:26:25 am »
Massive amount of panel forms incoming... =P

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 09:30:40 pm »
Massive amount of panel forms incoming... =P

So I submitted my Crossplay panel awhile ago, any idea when I'll know if it's been accepted?
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 10:03:53 pm »
Panelists will receive an email when their panel is approved for the con schedule.... most likely in July.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 10:11:53 pm »

Ah thanks, I missed that. I think I got mine at the top of august last year so just jumped the gun. I forget it's still a long way off.
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 03:02:21 am »
just sent you an email ^_^

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 06:54:12 am »
just sent you an email ^_^

Greetings!
I received a topic notice which lead me here but I didn't get your email. Could you re-send it?
(I checked my spam folder & it's not there so not sure why it didn't go)

I'm hoping it's an approval of my panel?
With that and the day&time I can let my co-panelists know.

Cheers!
Kato

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 10:57:04 am »
I think she's talking to Jamiche...

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 08:20:29 pm »
I think she's talking to Jamiche...

True, Since it was after my post I assumed her comment was directed at me.
I'll wait until august and if I haven't heard back I'll assume my panel was not accepted.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 09:21:01 pm »
lol XD yeah i was talking to jamiche XD

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 08:58:47 pm »
Hey, I was wondering if all of the panel submissions are finished or there are still a few being worked on. I know of a few people who got their panels approved recently and I submitted three that I haven't been notified of yet. The ones I submitted were Anime News Report, Anime Debate and The Anime List. When you get a chance, could you let me know whether or not the submissions are completed? Thanks.  :)

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:43 pm »
Hey, I was wondering if all of the panel submissions are finished or there are still a few being worked on. I know of a few people who got their panels approved recently and I submitted three that I haven't been notified of yet. The ones I submitted were Anime News Report, Anime Debate and The Anime List. When you get a chance, could you let me know whether or not the submissions are completed? Thanks.  :)

I would also email panels@kumoricon.org and ask about your panels as it's coming up pretty fast now.

Cheers,
Kato

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 11:15:04 pm »
We have replied to all panels that were submitted to us.  If you have did not receive a reply, we did not receive your form.  As of now, the submissions are closed.

If you know when you sent your form, we can go back through the emails again, see if it ended up in our spam filters.  If that is the case, I can see if we might have space for one or two of them.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 12:20:46 am »
not sure if you got my message about the panel times for mine (KH 101 panel). please let me know so that i can resend it or something >.< thanks!

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 02:16:22 am »
We got your email, no worries :)  We received a couple of emails with conflicts, and are working on sorting it out.  We will be sending a second draft out this weekend to panelists.

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 06:54:09 am »
We have replied to all panels that were submitted to us.  If you have did not receive a reply, we did not receive your form.  As of now, the submissions are closed.

If you know when you sent your form, we can go back through the emails again, see if it ended up in our spam filters.  If that is the case, I can see if we might have space for one or two of them.

I submitted my panels in May.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 07:37:42 pm »
Looking through my email, the last panel stuff I have from you is back in '09... I have no record of you submitting them to panels@kumoricon.org.  What email did you send the forms too?

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 11:40:25 pm »
@jamiche: okay ^_^ just making sure so i don't go crazy just thinking that you didn't get it XD thanks :) will await your reply

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 12:54:45 pm »
Looking through my email, the last panel stuff I have from you is back in '09... I have no record of you submitting them to panels@kumoricon.org.  What email did you send the forms too?

When I submitted the panels, I filled them out in the same form that I filled in '08 and '09. I went to the topic at the forum with the title saying panel submissions were open and it led me to that same form. I had the impression I was supposed to fill it out, instead of sending my ideas to panels@kumoricon.org.
I guess there was some misunderstanding.

If you'd like me to, I could re-submit them in case you can find space for one or two of them.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 01:52:11 am »
Submitting them via the link is the correct way of submitting the panel forms.  The alternative is if the PDF is not working (that has been an issue for some people).

If you want to, submit you panel forms by Monday night, and I will see what we can do.  No guarantees, though.... at this stage in the game, I don't have much flexibility, sorry.  If you have a preference in panels, please let us know because we won't be able to take all of them.