Author Topic: league of legends  (Read 13053 times)

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
league of legends
« on: January 18, 2011, 05:13:43 am »
Do you play? Its a free to play DotA clone (Defense of the Ancients, WC3 mod) that's won multiple awards. Its pretty awesome. If you play, please, send me a friend request and a message saying "Hey! Saw you on the forums!" or something akin to that! Don't know what LoL is? Below is my referral link. Please, check this awesome game out! I'm honestly a bit surprised there wasn't a thread up on the first page xD

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b50b387c3b42

Hope to see you on the fields of justice!
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: league of legends
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 04:17:42 pm »
I've dabbled in it but haven't played recently (and I'm not very good due to the whole only having played two games so far factor).  Chilliumbromide.

btw, I promise there are games out there in which you don't faceroll me.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline dafe01

• Cabbit
    • Face Book
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 01:23:19 am »
Hey add me, I just started playing a few weeks ago not sure how to add people yet. Its a prety fun game, on top of that its free and they seem to keep changing classes out on a weekly basis so it dosent get to old to fast.

btw my SN or w/e is

Dafe01
(>^_-)>  ÐɋƒƐѳ1  <(^_^<)
            www.897926341.qzone.qq.com

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 06:45:27 pm »
I've been playing the **** out of this game recently. DarwininSpace.

Mundo & Amumu ftw.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline X[D_ubaga]

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 05:01:09 pm »
dang my old clan used to have a pretty big squad for this, i'd ask you people to join but sadly clan Xtreme Defense is no more
“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white…. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray….”  -Garrus Vakarian

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 02:12:24 am »
I play a game here and there.  Name is Kapastia

Offline numair42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 02:41:21 pm »
Have you tried setting up a chat room in the launcher? All you need to do is pick a word and have everyone use the same word when they join or create a chat room. Just look for the chat room button at the bottom of your screen to the right of the friends button. Look for the plus sign followed by a chat bubble at the bottom of the tab.

I recommend that we use a short work like "Kcon" or "kumori".

Just a thought...
2016+ Programming Staff
2015 - Assistant Director of Infrastructure
2009 - 2014 - Programming Staff
2006 & 2007 - Yojimbo

Mic Ninja says "Chaaa~~"

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 08:04:26 pm »
Oh man, I just remembered this topic.  I've made a "convention" category on my friendslist so if you want to add me it's still ChilliumBromide and it's the same on Skype*.  I'm on just about every day nowadays so just mention who you are and I'll make sure you get into the right category. :)

*if you add me on skype, be aware that my language is generally less agreeable on there than on here :P

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 04:18:39 pm »
I play but I suck. I am working to master the use of Asche and Sivir. Learning to Love Sivir *grins*
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 05:54:20 pm »
Played my first match in ages today. I lost, but I just wanted to check out my new PAX Sivir skin.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 08:18:45 pm »
I play pretty much all day erryday now.  It's unhealthy and probably means I'll never have a girlfriend again but I can't go pro if I let minor setbacks like that get in my way.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 08:25:35 pm »
Im tryin to get a good Sivir build but have yet to stumble on the perfect item order. Probalby dosent help that Im only lvl 10 and have NO runes
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 02:27:22 pm »
Just buy tier 1 runes until you can use tier 3.   For sivir you want armor penatration for sure and the rest is up to you, but health/damage would be a good bet.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:27:41 pm by camname21 »

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 06:00:44 am »
Runes are definitely important.  I'd recommend buying 10 tier 1 runes and 8 tier 2 runes.  That way you don't wind up with any extra low level runes after combining all your old runes, and you can even combine the two tier 3 runes you get out of it if they're both useless and hopefully get something more useful.  This means skipping your 19th rune slot until you hit level 20, but this will let you save up more for tier 3 runes during the time you spend getting from 19 to 20, which took me a week playing only 1 or 2 games a day.

Offline Javie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 06:02:12 pm »
Do you play? Its a free to play DotA clone (Defense of the Ancients, WC3 mod) that's won multiple awards. Its pretty awesome. If you play, please, send me a friend request and a message saying "Hey! Saw you on the forums!" or something akin to that! Don't know what LoL is? Below is my referral link. Please, check this awesome game out! I'm honestly a bit surprised there wasn't a thread up on the first page xD

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b50b387c3b42

Hope to see you on the fields of justice!

I play sometimes, I'm pro at Warwick, Talon, and Nasus.
Plans for 2015

-*Maybe* Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
-Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
-Ruby Rose (RWBY)
-Sister Paula (Trinity Blood)
-Akame (Akame ga Kill!)
-Aqua or Ventus (Kingdom Hearts)
-Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 06:40:07 am »
Tofu when I get a computer I will be your pupil

China bound!!!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 07:54:24 am »
Haha sweet; I love helping people get better; gives me a chance to practice champs I'm unfamiliar with and makes it so my friends know how to play on my team by the time they get to level 30. :D

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 09:19:12 am »
Well I still need a computer so it will be a bit

China bound!!!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 06:22:59 am »
You know, I'm trying to sell my desktop right now so I can get a car (still will have the craptop which can just barely play LoL).  Let me know if you're interested.  Looking for about $600 altogether.  Hit me up on fb or via pm if you're interested.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 09:20:36 pm »
specs?

Offline numair42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 06:17:11 pm »
Runes are definitely important.

I agree, but they don't make that much of an impact at low level matches. They mainly come into play in the first 10 minutes of the game. So if you want to win a lvl 1 fight, you'll need runes. Once people get a few items, the rune bonuses don't make that big of an impact.

What is better for you to do is focus on basic skills like farming, map awareness, positioning, and skill combos. The best runs in the world won't save you if you suck at playing the game.
2016+ Programming Staff
2015 - Assistant Director of Infrastructure
2009 - 2014 - Programming Staff
2006 & 2007 - Yojimbo

Mic Ninja says "Chaaa~~"

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 04:35:21 am »
Yeah, the pertinence is primarily early-game, but it really depends on the runes.  CDR per level glyphs can make a big difference late-game, for example.  A lot of Quints (move speed, lifesteal, spellvamp) can retain significance late-game too since their effects are scaling.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 11:32:52 am »
I haven't had people to play League with recently, but my username is: DestinysGift .... I think.
I usually play Sona, Sivir, or Teemo. I love Teemo.
If anyone wants to play, let me know!
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 12:31:32 am »
I play :) Alot ....

I play teemo kayle lulu

AP teemo full build skill dmg
Blinding shot 800 dmg
Poison shot 500 dmg over 4 seconds
Mushroom trap 1200 dmg
with deathfires grasp for an item use of over 60% of your hp instantly
I love teemo...
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 12:46:43 am »
i usually play vayne, orianna and varus
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 03:14:57 am »
Blitzcrank, Rumble, and Orianna are my mains and I just bought Urgot about a week ago.

Pretty disappointed in the Orianna changes they just did because it pretty much kills her mid-laning capabilities, but now she makes a pretty awesome bottom lane high damage support. Granted, most of this is just from testing against the bots and I have yet to try her in pvp since the changes (wanted to get a feel for her first)
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Len-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 03:13:33 pm »
OMG PANDA TEEMO!!!!!!!!! that is all
1st year Kumoricon already loving the community

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 01:35:54 am »
Pretty disappointed in the Orianna changes they just did because it pretty much kills her mid-laning capabilities ...
I've seen a lot of Ori's leveling dissonance over attack since this change. Though they gave attack +0.1 on its ap ratio since the changes.
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2009-2010 Kumoricon Staff
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 08:24:22 am »
WHEN IS EVELYN'S PATCH COMING TO EFFECT?!
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 11:55:50 pm »
This morning. probably about four or five AM. Were the caps necessary?
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2009-2010 Kumoricon Staff
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 12:33:06 am »
what do you guys think of eve's new skills??

IMO she's gotten quite useful, and she's really hard to chase down, except by yi...
but it's hard to close in on clashes...

edit: nevermind-- she's awesome in going in, and running away in clashes

it's like dine and dash evelynn style~<3
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:17:49 pm by zenneth »

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 02:51:28 am »
Pretty disappointed in the Orianna changes they just did because it pretty much kills her mid-laning capabilities ...
I've seen a lot of Ori's leveling dissonance over attack since this change. Though they gave attack +0.1 on its ap ratio since the changes.
yeah, I know. Actually, after a lot more testing I got better results from orianna after the change but before the ap ratio boost (again... against bots for the most part) but it still kills me that I still go oom with both chalice and blue buff XD

Really the only big things I don't like about the change since the +.1 ap ratio on attack is that they nerfed the ball speed and her ult channeling time. both of which the community begged RIOT to make faster long before the patch. In general though, I'm pretty happy, plus if anything I can be an awesome damage support at bottom lane. XD

Oh, on a side note, my first time trying ori since the patch (before the .1 ap ratio increase) I went mid against a karthus... I've never seen anyone really play as if they were afraid of the ball before. That new dissonance packs a nice punch :3

On another side note, I hope they increase the auto-attack passive stack back up to 3, (doubt it though) I'd like to have a reason to run malady on ori again like I used to. Normally you wouldn't want to stick around for the third auto-attack, but it would be nice if there was that little bit of incentive for a different play style rather than boots, kage pick, chalice then upgraded to unholy grail, rabadon's, morello's evil tome, then whatever situational equipment is needed. things are too generic they it is now and I think they would be wise to allow different play styles... that and a 60% damage boost on the third shot sure sounds sexy to me. ^^'
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 06:04:14 am »
I sold my computer 4 months ago; in the mean time they've nerfed at least two of my mains (Amumu and Alistar), meanwhile buffing Wins Nao and diligently refusing to nerf champs that need it (Cait & Akali come to mind)... I'm pretty unhappy with the tweaks they've been making lately.  If I wanted to right click and win, I'd just play Diablo III.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 10:43:22 am »
That seems to be the general consensus, but I've been reading into it and reading between the lines a bit too... It seems they're changing a lot of the champions and their play styles overall as like a complete rebalance to the game, it is just taking time... The other thing is that I believe they are getting ready for season 3 so they're getting ready for some more big changes.

In my opinion though, you are right. They keep buffing characters that don't need buffing and keep nerfing characters that don't need nerfing... for the most part. (now if only they would make Darius' ult not do true damage... but at least he is somewhat more managable now...)

It's kinda sad actually... with the exception of Blitzcrank; all of my main characters took pretty significant nerfs.

Hmm... It would be interesting if they added mana % runes... that would be sexy on Blitzcrank with his mana build I use :3
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 11:06:54 am »
i feel like evelynn got a REALLY good buff though-- i varus' ult animation retake has improved too

so im not really affected much of the "bad" changes that you guys said XD

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 11:29:47 pm »
Yeah, I'll still play them since they're my mains for reasons other than performance, it's just really annoying to have a character you know pretty intimately (don't take that wrong >.>) get nerfed, especially if it's the point of not being able to do anything against most other more viable options.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 01:27:31 pm »
Cait doesn't need any nerf - She has no steroid late game so she falls off horribly, which makes her severely lacking in the one role the team really relies on to stay relevant in the late game. Trading a steroid for some poke and a manageable CC (unless it's Taric/Caitlyn, good ward coverage can almost negate the risk from traps) puts her on the losing end compared to high burst carries like Graves, Corki, and Ezreal.

As for Akali, she's horribly weak early game, and if she doesn't have a good early game, she won't snowball and will have no presence late game. Any time a character who has a poor early game relies on snowballing, you're in trouble.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 10:17:00 pm »
Not really related to the current conversation but I do play some LoL everyone and a while.
My name is Hayrey/Eli-Ebberts (:
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2012, 12:30:51 am »
I always felt Cait was great late game as long as she doesn't get caught. That buff they did to her ult reducing the channeling time was very nice for her... though it is almost impossible to block for a team mate now. All in all, I've always felt she is a strong AD carry.

Ori used to be almost impossible early game in my opinion before they changed her passive. Her AD was/is so low and the passive gave hardly any bonus at the time it was almost impossible to farm without using the ball. Pretty much the only thing I could do to make farming an option early game is to start with an amp tome... which would conveniently turn into a kage pick and boots pretty quickly. ;) Now I use much more... survivable techniques like starting with boots and health potions/mana potions
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 01:13:47 am »
Ahh , I play ! not everyday but i get my time in.
Im still new to it so i hide from pvp lOL
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )