Author Topic: Official Pokemon Cosplay of 2011  (Read 768924 times)

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Official Pokemon Cosplay of 2011
« Reply #550 on: June 15, 2011, 10:33:02 pm »
For me, it more than the paleness that makes it a pain, it my Asian yellowish textured skin that makes it a drag
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #551 on: June 16, 2011, 12:14:34 am »
kristi we are sticking with the traditional japanese makeup. i want this too look as professional and oriental as possible. if you want to do a mask, you can but i still want that make up for contest (and the show). i will add a mask to your costume for sure, since masks were used in kabuki, and that would look pretty cool when you take it off. the mask can be a really simple design of lugia's face.

also i will be buying some professional make up for us, since the last time i tried to use regular makeup, my whole face broke into hives. and i love what you did with the lips. it looks very geisha like XD i think you might want to go with this: ~link1~

i'm probably going to go with something more like this: ~link2~

and if we do go with the additional masks i found a good one for ninetales and vulpix: ~link3~ (we can use that as a reference to make ours)

and here is a good one for you: ~link4~
the design is very similar to lugia's and i think it would be a good reference to make it.

for ho-oh, since it's a bird i though maybe something like this: ~link5~ or something simple like this: ~link6~

but since you are kinda the star of the show, you might want to go with something a little bit more fancy? or maybe you can stick with the simple, and have fallon stick with simple and every stick with simple, and that may just attract us. i donno. we'll figure it out.  we can get together this friday if you like? over at nick's place :) 

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #552 on: June 16, 2011, 12:17:21 pm »
(I can't Friday)
But since Fal and I will be legendarys, I thought only us would wear masks if we did that. i was thinking something along the design of the Anbu masks. But yeah, we'll talk about it.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #553 on: June 16, 2011, 10:41:25 pm »
yeah. i suppose you guys can just wear masks, but now i really want that fox mask >3> i did see a lot of japanese fox spirits with those type of masks before. and i know i saw a play once with that kind of a mask with a fox >3> i may just do the mask for the cosplay contest and not the skit.

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #554 on: June 17, 2011, 03:04:38 pm »
Hey guys. Hows things going? Summer break has started for me! Yata!

So I heard some people at my college talking about Kumoricon and apparently it is against Kcon rules to have a leash with my collar....

That makes me sad in way. As you know, my cosplay is a mightyena gijinka, which simply put, is a wolf. Wolfs are in the k9 family thus a collar makes for a perfect touch.
And naturally a leash for lols.

Sigh....
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #555 on: June 17, 2011, 05:18:10 pm »
You could still have a collar. I think that's good enough. Don't want random cosplayers you don't trust pulling you around by the neck, anyways.

And I should totally be added to the first page, since I'm gonna be Grimsley (Black/White Elite Four, the Dark trainer) for KumoriCon.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #556 on: June 17, 2011, 08:06:43 pm »
yeah, a leash could get dangerous if it gets caught on something.

buying fabric for my raichu gijinka tomorrow!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:09:59 pm by Tanuki19 »

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #557 on: June 17, 2011, 10:53:26 pm »
Awww, but a leash can create so many fun possibilities. lol (No, I dont mean that in a dirty way)

But yeah, its true. I suppose someone else in the past did something really stupid that ruined it for us all.

Given my cosplay, I was going to use that as a "pick up" line. :D

Walk up to cute girl; "I lost my master. Do you want to take over?"
(or something along those lines.) lol

It would be funny at least. :)

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #558 on: June 17, 2011, 11:27:05 pm »
Yeah...leashes were 'outlawed' because of the dangers.
It's not really how other people act but what can happen.
Unless you have a snap away collar (which most people don't), it is very easy to choke yourself with a leash/collar combination.
If you have to do anything quickly, you heighten the risk of your leash getting caught on an object and cutting off your breathing. Yes, you may think, "Well I'll just stop and untangle myself then..." It's not always that easy.
This is the same reason that law enforcement has gone to clip on ties for formal wear. Not only were they getting caught on things in emergencies, but people could grab the fabric and strangle the people to death.

I'm not saying this is going to happen but it's a possibility. You never know what is going to happen and it's better to be safe than sorry. Maybe you are jumping around and your leash gets caught on a branch...you can slip and hang yourself.
I know it's a far fetched idea but it's not out of the realm of possibilities and someone did probably get seriously injured because of a leash related incident. I'm not saying they died but they could have. :/

Then again...maybe I just look too much on the dark side. [/shrug] My parents both work in a prison with convicted murders so I tend to hear stories.

Remember, better to be safe than sorry!!! 8D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:27:40 pm by Gryffinclaw Princess »

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #559 on: June 18, 2011, 10:23:06 pm »

Given my cosplay, I was going to use that as a "pick up" line. :D

Walk up to cute girl; "I lost my master. Do you want to take over?"
(or something along those lines.) lol

You could honestly do that without a leash lol.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #560 on: June 18, 2011, 10:24:28 pm »
Do you guess know anyone/where I could get help for my Ariados Cosplay?
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #561 on: June 19, 2011, 11:57:12 pm »
Anyone on here. I'd help you, but I'm gonna be working with Doe on 3-4 cosplays...

Speaking of which. Decided to change my Pokemon to Zoroark! So you may change me ^^
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #562 on: June 19, 2011, 11:59:52 pm »
i'm getting so excited for this >w<

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #563 on: June 20, 2011, 09:08:37 pm »
Hey guys. Im thinking randomly about Kcon and what else I want to do for it ETC.
I was scanning around ebay for cosplay ideas and what not and found this, (among other stuff): http://cgi.ebay.com/Punk-gothic-lolita-cosplay-boots-LK7008A-/120683213624?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D794260415558970588

Personally, I find those to be really awesome. It made me think to myself that and realize that I really like the general appearence of that clothing style. Apparently the sellers ebay store has tons of cosplay costumes and japanese style gothic clothes. Unlike our American emo gothic stuff, the japanese/asian version seems pretty cool.

BUT, just like all clothes in that style, I can never tell if it was female intended or bi-gender.
I think it would be kind of cool to have an Asian style gothic cosplay outfit of sort for Kcon. I dunno.

Going back to the link, do those boots look Female or Bi-Gender to you guys?

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #564 on: June 21, 2011, 12:14:17 am »
lawl any type of asian punk is bi-gender. i mean you have guys wearing girl pants for pity's sake. so go for it! they look awesome, and you can easily make those boots rock -w- (but just so you know, it is a woman shoe lol just measure your foot, and w/e your size is, it's the actual size of the shoe in inches. so my foot is 9" long i'm a 9 in womans)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:16:18 am by luvan1me »

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #565 on: June 21, 2011, 12:20:57 am »
Yay! At least there other people see the cool side of this.

Without any specific item examples, (though you can if you want) what would be some different possilbe combinations I could use?

I mean, your right. Depending on what it is, it all has a slight female flare to it either way.

Bottom line, I like those boots, so what do you guys think would be cool for the rest of the outfit?

This is another example of where being a girl would be nice. Those boots go really well with those black tights or whatever and either short shorts or mini skirt of some kind. (Sad face) lol

As I said above, doing something like this would be cool. Its like being in cosplay, yet not.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #566 on: June 21, 2011, 12:34:06 am »
wear what feels comfortable to you, and what you like! don't ask us to "doll" you up XD jkjk but seriously. those boots would look good with possibly, skinny jeans, or somewhat tight pants, a leather jacket (sorry i'm thinking about the 50's style here XD) but i mean you can easily make it go like this: http://www.thedrunkenunicorn.net/images/blogspot/september2010/guitarwolf092710.jpg

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #567 on: June 21, 2011, 01:06:01 am »
It's awesome that you're into that style, but unless this is for your Pokemon cosplay, this should be talked about somewhere else.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Vexenification

• Chibi
« Reply #568 on: June 26, 2011, 12:53:43 pm »
Teddy, I hate to say it but I won't be able to bring Original Leaf/Green this year because my hair is too short and I am unable to purchase extensions right now. Manga Ruby will still be there, but I'm sorry about Leaf. I really wanted that picture too ):
Fem!Eleven, Vexen, Animal Crossing
#Richard Brooks was Real

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2011, 02:27:17 pm »
i need to start on my raichu ears and pikachu, mew, and pachirisu ears for my friends

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #570 on: June 26, 2011, 04:31:59 pm »
This week I hope to start on Ghetsis's mantle. Wire and cardboard and metallic fabric is what I plan on using! Did I say that before? I can't recall.

Also I found out that another Ghetsis cosplayer will be attending. Clearly we need plenty of Ns to harass.

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #571 on: June 26, 2011, 04:32:48 pm »
There apparently will be plenty from what I'm hearing.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #572 on: June 26, 2011, 04:46:32 pm »
EXcellent
/burns

This will prove to be hilarious.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #573 on: June 28, 2011, 04:45:17 pm »
So, Jesse will be working on her costumes during her time back.

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #574 on: July 08, 2011, 02:12:43 pm »
So i finally got Fabric for Silver as well as a pattern, so hopefully sometime this weekend I will get started on that. : D
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #575 on: July 08, 2011, 03:21:21 pm »
hey kit. how did psych like the white costume? >.< she still didn't tell me if it fit or not

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #576 on: July 08, 2011, 03:34:56 pm »
@luvan: Im not sure. I know she got a different vest because the other one didnt fit.
'16 Cosplay

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #577 on: July 08, 2011, 03:46:02 pm »
ah okay. if she doesn't want the vest she can just give it back XD lol  and i kind of thought it would be too big. it was kind of big on me XD

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #578 on: July 08, 2011, 03:59:38 pm »
Zoroark is going well. I haven't worked much on him, but at least I know what I'm doing XD

Planning on finishing the wig when I come back and I'm slowly working on the outfit.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #579 on: July 08, 2011, 07:07:38 pm »
Still no progress on mine O_O
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #580 on: July 08, 2011, 08:33:20 pm »
Before I leave I'm going to good will and taking a look for black clothing for my duskull~

Offline Ino13

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #581 on: July 09, 2011, 01:53:43 pm »
Oh man it's been a while... Well, my older sister doesn't want to be Red, my twin doesn't want to be Crys, and her boyfriend isn't going to be Ash. So it's just me as Gold.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2015!
Kano Shuuya - Kagerou Project/Mekaku City Actors (100%)
Castiel - Supernatural (100%)
Ruby - RWBY (0%)
Gold (with goggles) - Pokemon Adevntures/Special (100%)

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #582 on: July 10, 2011, 12:41:25 pm »
@luvan: Oh , so I asked her and she said she loved it. She said that the shorts and the hand were really well done C:
'16 Cosplay

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #583 on: July 10, 2011, 12:50:04 pm »
Duskull will be done here soon:)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #584 on: July 10, 2011, 06:06:11 pm »
I met with the other Ghetsis cosplayer and she gave me some great ideas for the mantle. She also made me swear not to wear high heels, since that seems to be popular amongst Japanese cosplayers for him. But I already have shoes picked out and they're loafers, close to what he has in the Sugimori art.

Aaaaand we complained about the differences in design between the Sugimori art and the intro FMV. He has ten turrets in the official art and seven in the intro. aaaaaaaaaaaaaah

but I suppose that is what I get for cosplaying someone who looks like he was designed after a sake bomb session. Or possibly during.

Anyway, I've been told that my cape is all sewn so now I can start applying the designs to it. Which will be awesome. The hand-stiched look (since neither I nor the person I hired to make it know our way around a sewing machine) will be very fitting, since his cape was more than likely made by enslaved Levannies.

Or something.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #585 on: July 12, 2011, 02:38:35 pm »
I got my wallet stolen.

$70 in birthday money towards con gone. On my way to the bank, I dropped it and when I turned around to pick it up, it was gone. I back tracked every inch I rode on my bike and my mom and sisters searched in the car too. I don't have pictures but I have made Pikachu Pichu ears and tails set, I have card stock to cut out the outlines, and I already have two commissions. Eevee Ear and Tail, Pichu ear and tail, for some friends here.
I can do almost any of them, and some weapon like too. There all done on colored Headbands, example brown for Eevee, yellow for Pichu.

Its, $10 for fabric and $10-$20 depending on the commission and if its in a rush. Fill this out

My Debit card is on rush, it was in my stolen wallet. I'll take the commission orders now, and when I get my wallet I'll set up a paypal and start.

Name:
Pokemon:
Ear, Tail or both:
Need by:

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #586 on: July 12, 2011, 05:53:41 pm »
Please do not reply to the above by posting in this thread. Reply by PM (private message) only.

This post is detailed enough that it really ought to be a Swap Meet thread, but as long as it stays a single post that doesn't derail the thread, no harm done.

(Best of luck in finding your wallet, by the way - I really hope it turns up somehow.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:57:57 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #587 on: July 12, 2011, 06:13:23 pm »
Its in the swap meet thread, but since there are pokemon cosplayers I though I would post it here too.
Of course the info would have to be though pm. cause I wouldn't be able to keep track here.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #588 on: July 16, 2011, 10:09:41 pm »
I need to figure out what i want to wear on my arms for Raichu.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #589 on: July 16, 2011, 10:24:13 pm »
Sleeves?

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #590 on: July 16, 2011, 10:53:49 pm »
well the cosplay is going to be a sundress so i wanted to do something semi-girly

Offline Tobis A Good Boy

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #591 on: July 16, 2011, 11:19:48 pm »
Kumoricon 2011:
Harley - Pokemon
Lobelia Haruhi - Ouran
Lyoko Yumi {First season} - Code Lyoko

Kumoricon 2012:
Secret x3

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #592 on: July 17, 2011, 01:06:46 am »
I was thinking of doing something like that but all that lace would be hella hard to work with considering i'm a noob as sewing XD I'm thinking of just making brown arm warmers and then having brown lace at the edges.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #593 on: July 17, 2011, 10:06:19 am »
I was thinking of doing something like that but all that lace would be hella hard to work with considering i'm a noob as sewing XD I'm thinking of just making brown arm warmers and then having brown lace at the edges.
Like this idea. Its the easiest in the book and they always look great.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #594 on: July 17, 2011, 05:16:20 pm »
I've been thinking of different ways to do the lace on the armwarmers. I guess I'll just have to make a trip to the fabric store soon and see what kind of brown lace they have there.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #595 on: July 18, 2011, 07:12:26 pm »
that idea would be kind of cute :3

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #596 on: July 18, 2011, 07:47:07 pm »
I haven't been able to go to the fabric store yet and its kiiiiiilling me DX

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #597 on: July 18, 2011, 10:42:03 pm »
So the red I got for Ghetsis's cape didn't work out so I had to plunk down 20 bucks for three more yards of a different fabric.

Ugh this costume is costing me through the nose.

I started the mantle today, or rather did more than just twist the turrets into shape. But I may have to start all over because the wires I used to keep the bases of the turrets up just sort of twisted them into some sort of triangle.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #598 on: July 20, 2011, 12:50:29 am »
YOU CAN DO IT!!! just be patient with the material, stop and take deep breaths. it usually helps me. also, go to goodwill or try to find material on sale (wait!!! WAIT for the coupons!) it always helps!

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #599 on: July 26, 2011, 11:48:48 pm »
I'm almost finished with my raichu arm warmers! then i need to start on the ears and *shudder* the tail.