Author Topic: The Potato Smashers are totally gonna get everything done for ECCC.  (Read 385678 times)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #2300 on: November 08, 2010, 10:36:02 pm »
I'd avoid being too fluffy with the feathers. It looks kinda weird, I think. But in general, GO FOR IT.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: The Potato Smashers Cosplay/THE C-LIST SUPERDUDES (Other cool dudes welcome.)
« Reply #2301 on: November 08, 2010, 10:42:34 pm »
Felix: I saw one where someone took computer paper, cut it into that shape, and taped it to their head! XDDD! I died.

Malaria: Mmm hmm. I found a great example with the feathers that just inspired me and I think it'll look pretty sweet once it's finished~

Edit: Also I should throw this out there. For the wig, do you think something textured/layered or something just completely straight?

Sorry I ask so many questions on the matter, I just like people's opinions and I wouldn't want to dissapoint~
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:06:32 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2302 on: November 08, 2010, 11:24:09 pm »
Rebecca: I'd say more layered and textured, but that's just me x) And don't worry about questions! We like helping you out~
Actually I kind of want to draw out a whole bunch of fem!HiNaBN designs now...

Also, I said I had it and wanted to post it: the Teeth music video-inspired Connie/Worth picture!

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2303 on: November 08, 2010, 11:26:05 pm »
Jaqua: Thanks! I was leaning more towards that too. I was thinking of a long textured and layered wig :]
That would be amazing!

and O BBY 8D <3
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:26:36 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2304 on: November 08, 2010, 11:27:37 pm »
miiiiiight've just wet myself a little
hnnnnn
Do you have the original video?

Also I'm done with my really pressing homework, so I'm gonna go back and pull all the direct links.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:29:03 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2305 on: November 08, 2010, 11:28:14 pm »
.....paper. ow.
Well, for the feathers, I meant the sharper edge of the feathers, not the downy part. So not fluffy.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2306 on: November 08, 2010, 11:30:02 pm »
.....paper. ow.
Well, for the feathers, I meant the sharper edge of the feathers, not the downy part. So not fluffy.
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking~
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #2307 on: November 08, 2010, 11:33:58 pm »
omg that picture <3 DURRHURRHURR
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2308 on: November 08, 2010, 11:34:51 pm »
That sounds gooooooood. Plus the layers and textures will help balance the wig out with the white bits on top and make it look more cohesive. Or at least that's my justification xDD

Oh maaaaaan I have so much Hanna fanart :|

Valeria: Yessssssssssssssss it is essential to understanding the picture

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2309 on: November 08, 2010, 11:38:51 pm »
Also I'd just like to say that that is the best music video ever. I wish every music video was as wonderful as Teeth's.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2311 on: November 08, 2010, 11:44:21 pm »
Jaqua: I totally agree, otherwise with the plain straight hair the tuffs will just look like they're awkwardly sitting there.

...I haven't seen this video. I love it :'D <3

I LOVE ALL THOSE PICTURES. The fire shirt ones made me laugh xD
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2312 on: November 08, 2010, 11:46:42 pm »
Yayyyyy for Valeria being productive and useful! 8D And I'm glad you liked my titles. I worked real hard on them.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2313 on: November 08, 2010, 11:47:53 pm »
At 0:50 with the fur collar and the stubble and the eyes I was like ;LKJAFDLJAS WORTH?

Production value is way low to be the real thing, but that's okay. IT'S STILL AMAZING.

now I can't stop looking at that piece of fanart hnnnnnnn
Jaqua, I am totally going to take crappy webcam pics of all the crazy medical props I bought at Scrap and we should brainstorm crazy/hilarious/fanwanky stuff we can do with it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:55:26 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2314 on: November 08, 2010, 11:58:51 pm »
I KNOW RIGHT?! It's like that music video was made JUST FOR THEM.
And yeah, there's another official music video but this one does have the Haus of Gaga thing at the beginning, so I like to think Lady Gaga made two videos and just made the other one the "real" one for appearance's sake 8)
I THINK THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN EXCELLENT IDEA. LET'S DO IT.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2315 on: November 09, 2010, 12:13:32 am »
So these photos are REALLY CRAPPY. Like moreso than usual. And also big, so I'm just gonna link you to them.

Yes, Worth, I don't have a pulse. It's really not that funny, seriously, could you just-- is that a heart rate monitor? Ugh. I hate you. So much.

We're doing SCIENCE.
I actually have another of those blood draw tubes, but I didn't notice them in the bag when I was pulling everything out.

Uh, Worth? Are all these yours? And why are they all empty? ... Worth? ... please don't go into a coma

My hair is derpier than usual today. XD
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:13:54 am by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2316 on: November 09, 2010, 12:26:01 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHA OH THE LAST ONE. I LOL'D. And I love the titles to all of them xDDD Ohhhhhh my gosh do I even have to mention the glee and excitement I'm feeling about our whole group? I don't feel like I need to at this point. I think everyone just knows.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2317 on: November 09, 2010, 12:28:05 am »
THANK YOU FOR PICTURES MALARIA
AND GAHH YOUR HAIR.
IT IS ADORABLE.

....sooo. That comic-thing-that-is-also-my-nano.
I think I will call it 'From the Machine'.
because 1) I suck at titles and will probably never come up with anything better,
2) I already sort of set this as a tentative title and I don't like working on things that are untitled,
and 3) I CAME UP WITH REALLY COOL FANCY TEXT FOR IT
( WHICH IS DEFINITELY NOT THE DECIDING FACTOR AT ALL 8|;;; )

so that's it, unless someone knows of another comic by the same title, because I don't want to rip someone off.
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2318 on: November 09, 2010, 12:31:11 am »
Jaqua: I think it's pretty much given that we're going to have a hilarious time even if people decide to give us crap for doing like nine genderbent cosplays.

I think most of the props could be used for silly and/or angsty photocomic type things. Especially the cuff, 'cause that's a joke that takes some setup.

Felix: I don't really get what's adorable about it. It's sort of a frizzy haloing mess. XD

I like "From the Machine"
AND HEY COOL TEXT IS COOL.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2319 on: November 09, 2010, 12:39:39 am »
OH HEYYY MAIKU

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2320 on: November 09, 2010, 01:13:54 am »
@Felix: From the Machine sounds AWESOME. I say go with it. 8D

@Valeria: I LOVE ALL OF YOUR PROPS SO MUCH BWAHAHA. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOUR GUYS' CONWORTH SHENANIGANS. ALSO YOUR HAIR = <3 ALWAYS.

I totally found that ConWorth Teeth picture earlier today when I was looking through the HINABN /y/ thread instead of doing my homework. IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT JAQUA. ALL OF IT.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2321 on: November 09, 2010, 02:22:46 pm »
I totally found that ConWorth Teeth picture earlier today when I was looking through the HINABN /y/ thread instead of doing my homework. IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT JAQUA. ALL OF IT.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I mean oh man sorry I didn't mean to
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:23:54 pm by jaqua »

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2322 on: November 09, 2010, 05:44:56 pm »
Uh huh. Sure you are. B|

In other news, this girl in my Japanese Literature class who I thought was a total fashionable artsy literature chick and not an anime fan AT ALL was wearing a Hetalia shirt today. The creepy Russia one that says "I can see Alaska from my house." It was... weird. o_o
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2323 on: November 09, 2010, 05:51:29 pm »
The creepy Russia one that says "I can see Alaska from my house."
-.- I... own that shirt.
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2324 on: November 09, 2010, 05:54:16 pm »
I am not surprised. XD Mostly it was creepy cuz I never expected her to wear anything even remotely anime-related, ESPECIALLY not Hetalia. o_o And I just don't like Russia so he's always creepy to me.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2325 on: November 09, 2010, 06:00:56 pm »
goatchild: As much as I like anime, I would probably never wear an anime shirt in public xD; especially Hetalia. Of course if other people wear one I wouldn't mind, just for me personally I probably wouldn't.

There are a few anime fans in my Celtic Mythology class and they keep comparing the stories to some animes and I'm just like...no, please don't; the story of the downfall of an Irish clan is NOT related to Bleach, k thx.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:04:45 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2326 on: November 09, 2010, 06:04:16 pm »
There are a few anime fans in my Celtic Mythology class and they keep comparing the stories to some animes and I'm just like...no, please don't; the story of the downfall of an Irish clan is NOT related to Bleach, k thx.
Mind=boggled
Anime, really? It doesn't occur to them that those stories far pre-date any sort of animation? DD:
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2327 on: November 09, 2010, 06:08:16 pm »
Malaria: You'd think, huh? Mostly they keep saying "Oh! That's like in My Neighbor Totoro" or something like that and then go on about it. I think half of the time I end up facepalming it. If I hear one more person talking about one of the greatest heroes in Welsh mythology being like Rurouni Kenshin I'M GOING TO F**KING SCREAM.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2328 on: November 09, 2010, 06:11:56 pm »
I think you need to take them aside and give them a talk. Or just beat them. 3:
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2329 on: November 09, 2010, 06:14:34 pm »
I think you need to take them aside and give them a talk. Or just beat them. 3:

Agreed. @~@
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2330 on: November 09, 2010, 06:17:06 pm »
Beat them with the makeshift katanas they carry around *dies*
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2331 on: November 09, 2010, 06:18:19 pm »
ugh ugh ugh ugh
Where do you go to school again? I want to know so I can avoid it. Or weep.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2332 on: November 09, 2010, 06:24:30 pm »
Those people make us look bad... :/

Clackamas Community College. Well, I'm taking class at Portland State too but this paticular class was at CCC. This is the only class that I've had a huge problem with that, the other classes I can never tell.

Someone made a reference to England from Hetalia when we were talking about the spread of christianity into the British Isles and I wanted to punch them in the neck X'D. There's a time and place for your fangirling, a college classroom is not one of them.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2333 on: November 09, 2010, 06:39:40 pm »
I resent them for it. 3: Not all of us are moron weeaboos.

I'd say you should've been punching them in the neck, but I know that that's not actually a good idea.

Jaqua: I forgot to mention my Connie heels are 2-2.5 inches off the ground, so we might be THE SAME HEIGHT? : D
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2334 on: November 09, 2010, 07:58:33 pm »
LOL SO APPARENTLY.
This Hamlet person you guys mentioned.
The one with the webcomic.
Is on the same paintchat I use.
I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2335 on: November 09, 2010, 08:07:21 pm »
I AM NOT SURPRISED IN THE LEAST. A lot of the stuff in her gallery is from pchat randomness. XD BUT THAT'S STILL COOL.

Also AKICON PICS ARE UP. Videos are still uploading, I'll post links when they're done. Right now they're set so that only people with the links can view them so we don't have to be embarrassed by our unedited shenanigans being all over youtube. XD
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:14:56 pm by goatchild »
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2336 on: November 09, 2010, 08:17:06 pm »
it would be more cool (for me) if I read her comic.
(BUT I ALSO PCHAT WITH AN ARTIST WHOSE COMIC I DO READ, WHICH IS AWESOME!)

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2337 on: November 09, 2010, 08:18:35 pm »
welp, looks like I have to do the shaggy dog story at some point, then. XD Maybe this weekend? O:
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2338 on: November 09, 2010, 08:23:09 pm »
YES. YOU MUST. It can be my birthday present or something. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2339 on: November 09, 2010, 08:33:46 pm »
<3 those pictures, make me smile, But Wtf is up with this one.
O_O It gave me a mind f*ck.
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/yagi-san/Akicon/2010/?action=view&current=DSC02099.jpg
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2340 on: November 09, 2010, 08:39:08 pm »
Obviously Toph metalbent an awesome arm of death onto Katara. Obviously.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2341 on: November 09, 2010, 08:46:14 pm »
It was just for practice, y'know.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2342 on: November 09, 2010, 08:49:24 pm »
The rest of the pics are up now! By which I mean the Rendezvous and Derp shoots. Also, my apologies for the fail quality of just about all of the photos. My camera wasn't on the best setting for taking indoor photos in crap lighting, which is sadly what all of the pictures were. : \
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2343 on: November 09, 2010, 08:56:38 pm »
The metal bending is 100% what happened. I know, I was there. I saw.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2344 on: November 09, 2010, 09:05:06 pm »
Hahaha the pairings shoot was so ridiculous. I'm almost sad I left. Except not because ugh the wig.

Also Jaqua is there anyone you DIDN'T flip off during Aki?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #2345 on: November 09, 2010, 09:10:04 pm »
NOPE

... maybe Koga.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2346 on: November 09, 2010, 09:48:17 pm »
FFF-! Tessa Stone added a jounal entry on her DeviantArt account asking which cons she shoud go to. The possibility of Tessa Stone at Sakuracon?

http://vert-is-ninja.deviantart.com/journal/36150353/#comments

I would love that! Holy crap.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2347 on: November 09, 2010, 09:59:59 pm »
I love how only the pictures of Jaqua flipping off the season 1 Zuko came out okay, not all the others. XD

@Sandro: That's exactly what I thought when I saw that eee!! But then I saw that she already had 600+ comments, so I didn't comment and just hoped somewhere in there people suggested Sak. >>
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #2348 on: November 09, 2010, 10:00:55 pm »
FFF-! Tessa Stone added a jounal entry on her DeviantArt account asking which cons she shoud go to. The possibility of Tessa Stone at Sakuracon?

http://vert-is-ninja.deviantart.com/journal/36150353/#comments

I would love that! Holy crap.

I totally commented to that earlier B) THAT WOULD BE THE MOST INCREDIBLE THING
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2349 on: November 09, 2010, 10:03:31 pm »
I commented on that too suggesting Sak. IT JUST MAKES PERFECT SENSE SO OBVIOUSLY SHE SHOULD DO IT. And then we can be really awkward at her about genderbending her characters. >>
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man