Author Topic: Kumoricon Rave?  (Read 3132 times)

Offline KANDii KiiD

• Oni
Kumoricon Rave?
« on: July 24, 2010, 05:51:52 pm »
Yo bros! I used to be really into the whole anime scene in middle school and by now I've grown out of 90% of it.

One thing I always wanted to do was go to a convention and dress all crazy and stuff but I don't think I want to pay money to dress up and be bored to tears by younger kids glomping me-SO, since I already go to raves and love them oh so much someone told me that Conventions have raves at night sometimes.

This is my solution-I want to know if there's a rave, and if so can I only pay to get into it? And how much?
SCHWHAT YOU SAY?! Schigity-schwha, shfifty-five!

Offline HardstyleZombie

• Catgirl
Re: Kumoricon Rave?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 06:37:21 pm »
Not really a rave. Most people don't know what to do so it is a "dance". You also have to be 18 or older to go there. As far as i know as close as you can get to rave only is a day pass.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 06:54:54 pm »
A day pass for kumoricon is $30 the first two days and $25 on the last (cause theres not as much going on). Not counting the masquerade, there are usually two dances at Kumoricon. One is more a japanese/anime music style dance that usually takes place the first night. Then on the second night there is usually more techno/rave style music.

You do not have to be 18 to go to the dances. They usually start around evening time, it's just that they go into the AM hours, so minors can only stay during part of the time due to curfew laws. Last year there was an issue with setting up for the dance so the minors had to leave because it was after curfew before the dance even started, that's the only time minors havent been able to go.

There's ALOT more to do at a convention then be boredto death and glomped by 'younger kids' Though I dont know how old you are, at night there are MANY 18+ only events. There are some 21+ events as well.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:18:54 pm by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 03:29:20 pm »
I went to the rave last year, there are serious ravers and the just people who like to dance and people who just stand around, it's a good time and nice and loud!
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 03:31:12 pm »
you must have gone the second day when you went- lots of people said it was WAY loud

I just asked the nice soundguys to turn up the volume since people said it was too quiet on the first night..

Offline Ritsu-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 03:37:00 pm »
you must have gone the second day when you went- lots of people said it was WAY loud

I just asked the nice soundguys to turn up the volume since people said it was too quiet on the first night..
i thought the first night was loud too though!, I could hear it on the 19th floor! hahah it was great!
Kumoricon 2012: Princess Bubblegum.. 90%.. I just need to style my wig XC

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 03:37:34 pm »
oh then the 2nd night must have been amazing for you!