Author Topic: Persona in '10!  (Read 90926 times)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
Re: Persona in '10!
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2010, 01:43:55 am »
We also have a Ken Amada.  And I can wear high-cut armor Yukari if the weather's good enough.  PROBABLY NOT THOUGH IT'S ALREADY EMBARRASSING AS IT IS.  I don't think the Fuuka at King's Game last year is returning.  My tablemate is (supposedly?) making a P3 cosplay for AX, he might bring it to Kumoricon.  One of my hotel...people expressed interest in playing Persona 3 and was asking me who she should cosplay if she wanted to, and I suggested Elizabeth for her (she'd hardcore need a wig, but Liz would fit her so well!)

You should though!  Think of the fabulous Chie/Shadow Chie photoshoots...

You may as well just plan to do what you like.  We always get people who back out, and people who don't post on the forums.  Last year I recall like... 3 different Naotos, and at least one more MC, and there was another Chie, two Yukikos... There was supposed to be a Rise who never showed up (so even if you form your plans around other people there's no guarantee that plans won't change, on your side or someone else's).  If you're determined to be a character we haven't seen then Rise is probably your best bet (OR COUGH COUGH THERE ARE LOTS OF GREAT PERSONA 3 CHARACTERS.....) or even a social link.  OR A PERSONA.  OR AN UNDERAPPRECIATED BOSS

lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2010, 02:38:29 pm »
We also have a Ken Amada.
I'm glad I was remembered : D

I'm pretty sure Fuuka isn't coming back this year, because she moved to Arizona and I don't think she can make it up to Oregon...

BTW, if this is going to be a photoshoot, where will that be located? If we eat and play King's Game, I kind of assume that the photoshoot would be before... and not at the restaurant or in a hotel room?
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2010, 06:10:04 pm »
>_> Heeeeeyyyy. I didn't forget youuuu, Saleh, it's just that I didn't know if you'd be Ken again this year.

After all, I can't forget Ken. Ken was able to successfully pair Yosuke and P3's Protagonist in most of his commands as King during last year's King's Game.

And through that, I awkwardly learned the proper method for caressing someone's cheek? I guess.

As for the photoshoot, does anyone think that Pioneer Square was such a bad spot? It didn't seem like such a bad choice, last year. If we do it before the dining and King's Game, then anyone who's just around for the photoshoot can return to the con once the shoot's over.
Conventions attended thus far:
Kumoricon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Sakuracon 2008, 2009, 2011

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2010, 07:50:19 pm »
Any location's good.  A parking garage might actually be kind of cool, too, 'cause it's really grungy, like...P3... |D; Oh, if only there were rice fields in downtown Portland! 

We could also maybe walk to the art museum or something?  There might be a building nearby that we can get in for free and take some nice pictures... I'm fine in the same area again, but I don't want the photo shoot to basically be an exact cut-out of last year's, if that makes sense. 

And he'll be Ken until the day he dies, man. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2010, 02:05:42 pm »
Any location's good.  A parking garage might actually be kind of cool, too, 'cause it's really grungy, like...P3... |D; Oh, if only there were rice fields in downtown Portland! 

We could also maybe walk to the art museum or something?  There might be a building nearby that we can get in for free and take some nice pictures... I'm fine in the same area again, but I don't want the photo shoot to basically be an exact cut-out of last year's, if that makes sense. 

And he'll be Ken until the day he dies, man. 
Oh, a parking garage works for Persona 4, too! Danayoki had a little photoshoot in one at Sakuracon that she kindly let us join. :] I say if we see any place photoshoot worthy, we snap and few shots and move on, change scenery? It'd be fun!
@Starryshay:  If you want to cosplay Chie, or anyone from the Persona series, go ahead! We love more cosplayers! It doesn't matter if there is already a Rise, or a Naoto or Chie. Our Rise might not be able to cosplay with us this year, anyways, so do whatever you want! : )
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline DewbMonster

• Cabbit
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2010, 09:01:05 pm »
HAHA IN YOUR FACE YUKIKO! Just kidding xD
Hey guys~ :D I am being lazy in commenting here and My yukiko told me I needed to talk on here more (SO here I am)
Kumori con 2012 (this is a no go)
Aki con 2012 (Most likely a no go)
sakura con 2013 (Maybe)
AX 2013 (Maybe)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2010, 07:28:54 pm »
*applauds* that was the most exciting post. 

Anyone have any suggestions for time?  Probably before King's Game, but do we want to plan around it being at night, or sunset, or dark, or whatever? 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2010, 09:07:58 pm »
*applauds* that was the most exciting post. 

Anyone have any suggestions for time?  Probably before King's Game, but do we want to plan around it being at night, or sunset, or dark, or whatever? 
Did we decide on the day, yet? Because I'm fairly sure time anytime of day from the afternoon on works for us.
We like to dedicate a whole night to Persona, lol. xD
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2010, 02:55:59 pm »
Afternoon sounds good.

Take care of the photoshoot, then march on over to someplace for food with those who are interested?

And how many Persona 4 cosplayers are we expecting compared to Persona 3 cosplayers? >_> If we're looking at a photoshoot at sunset on a clear day, we get the bright orange-yellow colors that P4 has all over the place.

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2010, 11:29:53 pm »
I would love sunset shoots with a full group omg <333

I'm just sayin'.
oh my god, that'd be so pretty~
Isn't there a sunset scene within P4, too?
@RedSpark: Lovelovelove your icon. <3 (I would totally try and pull off a Persona 3 cosplay, but I don't I look like anyone from it. ): )
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2010, 12:48:10 am »
I think I'm the only one from P3 this year...unless Red Spark does Minato again? : D

But Ken-kun's okay...as long as he has Yuki-chan and a bathroom
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2010, 01:11:12 am »
I'll be cosplaying as Ryoji, this year. (I didn't change my icon for nothing. >_>  )
If that somehow falls through, then I'll default to Minato. : D  

And I think Serika's cosplaying as Aigis.

So the P3 cosplayers may come in a set of three, supposing I've paid attention to the topic.

I'd make a pun involving the number three somewhere, but...I'm too tired. @_@
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:12:53 am by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2010, 05:27:36 pm »
So.  Back from AX.  High-cut armor Yukari actually came out kind of awesome (...from an outsider point of view.  Wearing it is a whole 'nother story...) so if I feel comfortable in...lack of creepers, or if the weather's good enough, I might wear her. 

If you guys want pictures of me being slutty, go ahead and ask.  I'm gonna upload 'em later tonight. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2010, 05:32:35 pm »
(Aww, no one has posted anything here in a while... hope this thread isn't dying or anything)

Aaaaanyways, dunno if you guys remembered me from last year, but I was that super-short Yukiko who decided to tag along but had to leave the King's Game early.

Well, since I just got P3P and getting really into it, I decided to start making a Yukari cosplay (in her normal school uniform, not the high-cut armor, oh god xD ). Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the photoshoot and stay for the King's Game again. :3
Visit my DeviantART! http://qiisnii.deviantart.com

2013 cosplay plans:

- Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!) 95%
- Anzu Futaba (iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) 25%

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2010, 01:26:40 pm »
It's not dead!  Just sleeping.  .....

Glad to have another person (again)!
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Jaakun

• Oni
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2010, 07:52:30 pm »
Hello~
I plan on being Minato (Original, right? :P) this coming k-con along with my friend who's gonna be Jack Frost. :D
(**I felt like trying to be part of something so I didn't feel totally alone xD;)

I'm also looking for someone to be Minako Arisato as well, but with no luck (FemaleMC from P3P). I guess she isn't very popular?

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2010, 02:01:23 am »
Welcome aboard, Jaakun.

No shame in cosplaying as Minato. >_> I gave it a shot last year and it was pretty fun. : D

Looking forward to seeing you friend as Jack Frost, too. I don't see any actual persona(/demons) cosplays being done that often.

Or maybe my attention span is just terrible and I never notice them. One can never tell.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2010, 04:19:38 am »
Man, would totally be a FemC (..........for ryoji) if I wasn't already being an Aigis.  (...........for ryoji.)

Hey, now that we have a few other people posting.....
Should we tentatively plan a photoshoot/dinner/king's game time AND day?  Still hoping to have king's game in my room... Though, perhaps for any youngins (SMT fans??) it might be wise to have a "tame" version at the hotel (like... in those chairs we were in before, if they're open, haha!) or at the hotel, before all the naughty people go upstairs.  This might be one of the "spur of the moment" decisions, though since it would be taking place partially in my room I'd.  probably have a say over when things moved, or even IF they moved, haha.  ANYWAYS, RAMBLING NEEDS TO STOP, SELF. 
So, since we don't have an official schedule posted (I think it's planned for the first or second week of August or something, I believe it's posted in the mascot contest thread?) we don't know for sure what events are going to be what time/day/etc, so tentatively, are there any events/photoshoots/etc that would be inconvenient for people?  (Can't please everyone, but SHOULD TRY, YEAH?)

As far as I know, my only busy day is Day 0.  Everything else I can probably work around.  and it's not long anyone wants to have a big group thing on day zero anyways
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2010, 04:12:00 pm »
Hello~
I plan on being Minato (Original, right? :P) this coming k-con along with my friend who's gonna be Jack Frost. :D
(**I felt like trying to be part of something so I didn't feel totally alone xD;)

I'm also looking for someone to be Minako Arisato as well, but with no luck (FemaleMC from P3P). I guess she isn't very popular?

Woo! I would love to see a Jack Frost cosplay; I love him so much. xD

And I was just talking to my friend earlier today... she's also currently obsessed with P3P and wants to cosplay as the FeMC, BUT she doesn't know if she can go yet. D:

EDIT: Yay! My friend just pre-registered for the con, so she'll be able to go too! As for the photoshoot and King's Game times, any day would probably work for me, but I'd prefer it to end before 10pm as I have to get home early.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:59:44 pm by Shiba21 »
Visit my DeviantART! http://qiisnii.deviantart.com

2013 cosplay plans:

- Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!) 95%
- Anzu Futaba (iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) 25%

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2010, 03:25:39 pm »
Well, anyone's free to leave at whatever time.  We won't be like NO YOU STAY FOR RYOJI TAKING HIS SHIRT OFF!!!!! (it'll happen, and ken will be the one telling him to do so.  we all know it's true.) So chances are, it'll just go until we run out of steam. 

Alright, the night of the masquerade (we don't know what night that is yet) I have a meetup I'd like to go to at 9pm, so I'd prefer if this didn't take place during that night, but again, I'll ~*make whatever sacrifices*~ I need to.  If it's inconvenient to have it any other night, that's fiiiine with me. |D
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2010, 03:08:33 am »
(it'll happen, and ken will be the one telling him to do so.  we all know it's true.)
B-BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!

and about the photoshoot, I tend to just kind of do whatever, so I think I'm free at all times [unless there happens to be a Tales of Legendia shoot like last year but I'm not sure if that's happening or anything.]
But...it's probably preferable for around 5-6 if we want to do dinner like last year?
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline DewbMonster

• Cabbit
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2010, 05:41:34 pm »
D':
I might not be able to make it this year... *sobsobsob*
I have a job and I need to know my schedule before I even prereg. So I will try to make it but if I can't well I'll see you at Sakura con or Akicon(maybe)
Kumori con 2012 (this is a no go)
Aki con 2012 (Most likely a no go)
sakura con 2013 (Maybe)
AX 2013 (Maybe)

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2010, 08:38:34 pm »
We won't be like NO YOU STAY FOR RYOJI TAKING HIS SHIRT OFF!!!!! (it'll happen, and ken will be the one telling him to do so.  we all know it's true.)

I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER READ THIS EARLIER. Now I...now I feel like I should make a more intense workout routine. >___> God, I must've been so tired when I checked this topic last.

Anyway, I'll just plug-in here to say that any time works for me for photoshoot and King's Game.

...Last year, did we agree on Saturday for the dinner and King's game because it was more-or-less an uneventful evening, compared to Sunday and Monday? (Or...well, does Monday even have an evening?) No having to compete with the masquerade or anything...if my memory's working right.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2010, 03:57:05 pm »
Hey Guys~ Well, I honestly think Saturday would work great again. If I'm not mistaken, my friends and I made it to the masquerade without it affecting the Persona Shoot. But if we could all agree on a day, that'd be great. At this point in time, I can only see the last day...Monday, I think it is, being a day we can't make it. (And dinner with everyone would be lovely, it was so relaxing last year! ...well...as relaxing as being caught in the bathroom gets...)
@Saleh: I agree! It isn't your fault! Fate is at fault, always choosing you to bid evil doings to happen upon our King's Gamers! (Yukiko will always stand up for you!)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2010, 02:27:27 am »
I can only see the last day...Monday, I think it is, being a day we can't make it.
And Monday is like the half day right? I would definitely want to shy away from that because it eliminates the possibility of everyone going out to dinner [unless it was a post-con thing?] and we would have to play King's Game during the daytime...with lots of people who don't even know what we're doing wanting to join.

So Monday seems to be eliminated, and Saturday seems to be more popular... so I guess if anyone has problems with Saturday VOICE A COMPLAINT.
And uh. I guess everyone should start looking at restaurants and stuff, unless we all want to go to the same place again.

@Fachion: The bathroom is a very relaxing place...the soothing sounds of the cool hand dryer Ken's amazingness are just the thing for anyone who has too much stress.

EDIT: GOD MY MOM WANTS TO RUIN MY SEMI-PERFECT KEN HAIR. She wants to get it cut all short and stufffff--- and my hair grows super slow during the summer for some reason so it would still be super short by K-con. Cry.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:42:01 am by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2010, 04:02:45 pm »
I'm good with Saturday! :]
I think we should go to a new Resturant, but if we can't find a good one, stick to it? I'm not in the area where you guys are, so I can't really reccomend any place, but when I googled it, this place called Koji Osakaya came up. But if they're the same place as last year, I'm sorry, OTL. They have fairly good prices, and a wide variety of Japanese food. Also near Pioneer Square, I think. But someone should speak up if they don't feel like oriental food. (I don't mind, but just keeping options available!)
@Saleh: Don't cut your hair! Beg to keep it until the weekend is over! D; (And those hand dryers are so weird, lol!)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2010, 07:04:49 pm »
@Saleh: If your hair suffers a casuality, then know that it will live on in our memories strongly enough to cause it to regrow in our presence...then vanish in our abscence. Like a hallucination. >_>

ANYHOW~

I actually went into Portland just yesterday for dinner, and visited this sushi-go-round place by the name of "Sushi Sakura," or some similar name...I got a pretty good meal for about 11 dollars. (Everyone's familiar with how sushi-go-rounds work, right? It's like a buffet on conveyor belts, and you pay by what and how much you eat.) I wanted to check Koji Osakaya out, though...I've been staring at its menu off and on for the past week. It was actually in the same area as the place I ate at.

SO YEAH. : D Everyone who peeks into this thread: We thirst and hunger for your opinions strongly enough to eat and drink them.

...And I think I might go back through the thread and try do a virtual headcount of how many of us there are. o_o

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2010, 12:28:10 am »
...And I think I might go back through the thread and try do a virtual headcount of how many of us there are. o_o
Ha ha beat you to it. I was talking to Fachion-Pari on MSN and we took a look through the thread.

So from what it looks like, these are the people who have said they are going:
-Serika
-Fachion-pari
-Salehthesage
-Red Spark
-Sporky-chan
-Shiba21
-Jaakun

and these are the people who said they might come or didn't really say for sure:
-Hekiru [I'm kind of assuming that because they made the thread they would be but I don't know for sure]
-Valkie
-Seraph
-Absinthe
-DewbMonster
-danayoki
-crystalamaris

So I guess it would be super cool if we could just get one list of people who can't go and people who are definitely going by the time con starts so when we meet up for the photoshoot or whatever we know who we need to wait for?
Oh and sorry if I missed someone, kind of just browsed the whole thread and picked out what I saw.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:30:36 am by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2010, 12:33:23 am »
Ha ha beat you to it. I was talking to Fachion-Pari on MSN and we took a look through the thread.
Pssaww! You did all the work! Thanks, babe. ;]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2010, 02:09:39 pm »
If anyone is considering a shadow Rise cosplay ever in their future, Target is selling METALLIC GOLD BIKINIS right now. 

Ken, don't cut your hair.  I'm only sexually attracted to you when it's long. 

Anyways, @Red Spark, a sushi place with a conveyor might be an interesting choice... How large were the tables?  There might be more Persona cosplayers hanging out in the lobby or whatever this year.  While you were there, did you see any sort big tables near the conveyor belt that COULD potentially house a larger number of people than the ones posting here?  Other than the bar, which would *not* make for a good "getting to know you" atmosphere.  Or "King's Game" atmosphere, but at this point I don't think we want to play it in the restaurant again.  Also, .....did you happen to notice if it was in walking distance of the hotel?  A conveyor belt, if the seating "arrangements" could be made would be handy so everyone could have separate bills, unlike last year where it was a little bit of a mess. 

I might make a maid outfit this year since I'm really clueless about my cosplay plans.  Would probably be maid!Aigis or maid!Yukari one of the days, if I don't figure something else out last minute. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2010, 04:00:18 pm »
I'm not really feeling the sushi conveyor, but if everyone wants to go, I won't mind. :]
@Serika: I like the thought of Maid!Persona girls! It's cute, haha. I want to try Maid Yukiko, but it's not part of the series, lol.
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2010, 01:53:43 am »
@Serika: There were two or so tables/booths...but now that I remember them, I realize that they were some distance from the conveyors, which makes it seem like a hassle to get food. >_> As far as walking distance goes, it's is a straight line north of the hotel. About four blocks' worth.

When I tossed the idea out, I didn't know how many people we might be expecting.  >___> I imagine it'd be a bit troublesome to try 7 or more people into the booths...and I agree that the seat arrangements at the bar aren't great for group socialization.

So! Koji Osakaya? Falchion-Pari mentioned it earlier, and from the looks of it, there are two locations closer to the hotel than the sushi-go-round.

The first location is a block up from Pioneer Square, and then a recently-opened location on broadway which is literally (emphasis: Literally) around the corner from the hotel. (Check here: http://www.koji.com/locations.htm ) The restaurants' menu is also available online. Prices too.

Worth noting about the new/broadway location is that on Koji's website it says "Japanese Style Rooms Available"...which has me intrigued. Click on those thumbnails in the link. I may check it out within the next two weeks to see how it is.

EDIT: And...did...did I kill the discussion? >____>;
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:39:56 am by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2010, 03:06:45 am »
@Red Spark: Yes.  You did.  Way to go. 

I'm fine with anything.  It'd be awesome if someone in the area could check it out?

I remember last year before the con, Mitsuru and I went to scope out restaurants... There was one that had been "closed" for several months, but still had an operating website... And I can't remember its name anymore.  So it'd be a good idea to try calling, or even going to it in advance.  Whatever we decide, I mean. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2010, 09:59:00 am »
@Red Spark: You didn't kill the discussion! And please, if you can, scope out the resturant! I'm all the way up in Seattle/Tacoma, I can't really make it down there to check out the place...OTL. I'll be forever grateful to you!
@Serika: Oh, is your Mitsuru joining us again this year?
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Jaakun

• Oni
« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2010, 12:39:46 pm »
Welcome aboard, Jaakun.

No shame in cosplaying as Minato. >_> I gave it a shot last year and it was pretty fun. : D

Looking forward to seeing you friend as Jack Frost, too. I don't see any actual persona(/demons) cosplays being done that often.

Or maybe my attention span is just terrible and I never notice them. One can never tell.
Why, thank you :D
Yeah.. last year my friends said I'd make a decent Minato, so I'm doing it this year.
I've never seen anyone as a persona before either honestly. I suppose that would be a cool thing to see. A bunch of Personas floating around :P

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2010, 12:43:52 pm »
I remember last year before the con, Mitsuru and I went to scope out restaurants... There was one that had been "closed" for several months, but still had an operating website... And I can't remember its name anymore.  So it'd be a good idea to try calling, or even going to it in advance.  Whatever we decide, I mean. 

I think that was Bush Garden, I heard the quality of the food (and service) there has gone downhill. The cool thing though is that they have private dining rooms so if you guys wanted to play King's Game, that would be a spiffy spot to do it at.

Oh and I decided to come again this year and I'll probably be doing Naoto still, but with blue hair this time. Are all of you cosplaying Persona characters the entire con? Cuz I plan on cosplay as Simon from Gurren Lagann the first day..
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Simon (pre-timeskip) - Gurren Lagann
Simon Brezhnev - Durarara!!

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2010, 03:44:31 pm »
Some of us may be cosplaying Persona the whole con time, but I've got two other cosplays along with Yukiko. I was going to bring Shadow Yukiko and make it four, but the problem was finding yellow contacts. Sakuracon or Akicon will be the con I offically cosplay the Stud-lusting princess.
So, for Saturday I'll be Yukiko, and the next two days will be different cosplays. :] And yay! A Naoto!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2010, 09:42:52 pm »
OKAY SO.

I had to go downtown to pick my brother up tonight, and I passed a Koji Osakaya [or however it's spelled], but this one was by the Rose Garden/ Convention center area for those who know where they are.
If I assume that all of them are around the same size, it might be hard to fit a large number of people there. I was only looking from the car, but I saw a kind of sushi bar that was too small to fit a whole group of cosplayers, and it was pretty small. We would probably have to reserve a large section of the restaurant.

But this is assuming that the ones closer to the hotel are the same size, which I'm hoping they're not. I hope I can go check them out sometime soon, maybe Sunday?
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2010, 10:20:44 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if they're all fairly tiny. The one I saw by Pioneer Square seemed pretty small...

Buuut...I'm still curious about those "Japanese style rooms" being advertised for the location by the Hilton, though. If they're what I suspect they are, then I think 8 or so people may be able to fit with ease. Still, that's all conjecture on my part.

...I would've gone and checked the location out this week, as I planned, but my schedule got tied up. ._. My apologies, regrets, and condolences.

Although on Tuesday, I may finally get my chance to look into it if you don't get the chance to, Saleh.

SO YEAH. On another note, how's everyone's cosplay progressing? : D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:23:11 pm by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2010, 10:27:06 pm »
SO YEAH. On another note, how's everyone's cosplay progressing? : D
WHOO! I'm glad you asked this.

I just bought a weapon today for Ken. So I think I'm pretty much 100% finished with Ken after like three years OTL

@dana: Weren't you going to cosplay Yosuke?! D :
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2010, 10:32:51 pm »
Danaaaaa ): (But its ok, you're too awesome to not include!)
We're doing everything Saturday, as far as I know. And the gathering for the resturant/kings game is most likely at night, rather than the day, so maybe you can still squeeze it in, and if not, no worries! :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2010, 10:57:12 pm »
Oh, yayy! :)
@Ken: 100% after 3 years is still good, haha!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2010, 11:44:25 pm »
At this point, Saturday works for me. XD; (come on K-con, why can't you give us the program guide yetttt?!)

Nothing to add at this point.... OH, I don't think Mitsuru's going to be with us this year but she's staying in my hotel room, so.  Who knows.  'Cept she's been hardcore tanning so no clue here.  A friend might bring Akihiko, but since he's a little bit older than us I might encourage him to not take part in king's game. XD; I'll feel too awkward to look at him if I have to give Yukiko a lapdance or something. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2010, 04:02:28 pm »
I'd like to see the guide too! At Sakuracon they literally put it out a week before the con, so maybe K-con is doing the same?
A-and why are you giving our fellow cosplayers ideas? That's how leap frog was spawned last lear! xD
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2010, 11:35:28 pm »
It's okayyyy
You'll still be around to enjoy plenty of food and Kings Game, I bet!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2010, 04:23:11 pm »
@Dana: Well, we still don't know absolutely for sure what day it'll be?  XD; Some people may suddenly overwhelmingly want Sunday, or something.  comeonyouknowyouwanna
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline yukiko168

• Oni
    • Deviant, yes?
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2010, 01:14:49 pm »
Ohaithar everyone!

I guess I should introduce myself-- I'm Yukiko and I'll be attending Kumoricon as the FeMC! I just made this account after taking a look at the thread through [the person 'playing] Yukari's login. Nice ta meet 'chya all!

EDIT: Right, through Shiba21's account. Sorry, I didn't know if that was your username on this site.

I have no connection whatsoever to Yukiko Amagi, and I play Persona 3, not Persona 4. ...just thought I'd clear that up before anyone asks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:18:52 pm by yukiko168 »

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2010, 04:57:23 pm »
@ Yukiko: Hola! It's nice to have more P3 cosplayers!
So, are we deciding on Saturday for the photoshoot/gathering? If we are, where will we have it? It seems that pioneer square is really popular. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2010, 10:46:14 pm »
It seems that pioneer square is really popular. :]
Pioneer Square just seemed kind of 'kay this looks good' last year.

If possible, it would probably be nice to have a group brainstorm of some locations that could possibly work for either game? Kind of like the shots in front of the moon last year...But that's not really a photoshoot location. I don't know, we could probably find some cool stores in Pioneer Place [maybe one with a big TV area?] and take pictures there.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2010, 03:00:44 pm »
Because Ken was so nice as to show me this game's screenshots and info, I decided to share the trailer with you, since Ken and I are really interested in the game. Please note this is a tad on the NSFW side, so please keep that in mind if you decide to watch. It's SMT/Atlus, so I figured it'd be cool to share. (Future cosplay ideas?)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cExya15jYWg&feature=player_embedded
And on the note of photoshoot locations, a link to a thread a wonderful cosplayer made for the fourm.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=13278.0
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor