Author Topic: Yuri Mascot Fan Art  (Read 5123 times)

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
Yuri Mascot Fan Art
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:49:31 pm »
I am very very very interested in purchasing a print of the amazing artwork of our current 2009 mascot and previous 2008 mascot that was auctioned of in our Charity Auction.

If any one knows who the artist is that drew that print (I got a print of her last year's yuri mascots art as a gift) Please let me know.

Id love to have this years to go with last and Im willing to purchase a print
Thanks!
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
Re: Yuri Mascot Fan Art
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 02:37:00 am »
As that image has the two mascots from the two years I've been exec, I'd also love a print if it's available :)
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 04:19:55 am »
Aaaaand...as the person who designed this years mascot, I'd love to see this image you speak of. :O

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 05:57:18 am »
Hi, this is Rem, Creation Station Manager. The artist is beloved Mewta, aka, Natasha Allen. I too have asked her for a print. She was going to make a copy of it at con, but the Prog office scanner wasn't big enough. She's the sweetest and very modest and generous. I'll try to get a hold of her for y'all. To my knowledge she's not on the forum nor often online, but she was a founding member of our kumoricon_fanfiction@yahoogroups.com, having been part of KC since '03 in Eugene! She makes this art (which she calls "lesbians for charity") every year. IMHO it could be an awesome fundraiser for Kumoricon to sell posters of her work, even collections of them. Heck I would put them on my wall and even wear them as shirts!
BTW, she won Best Use of Copics (a specific professional marker) in Creation Station's Art Contest for this image! (Same last year, I believe.)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Meganekko

• Sailor Scout
    • myface
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 04:19:19 pm »
OMGosh!  I love Mewta!  I felt so bad that I couldn't go to the movies with her and her lovely party! 

I'd love get a print or shirt of her work if possible!
If you were gay, that'd be okay.

I'm mean cause hey, I'd like you anyways.

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 09:35:22 pm »
And every year she puts those pictures up for auction I will continue to bury my rivals in money to own them *owns this and last years pictures*, too bad there are quite a few years I cannot collect.

But yes please tell her thanks for the great artwork.

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 01:53:29 pm »
I''m curious, does she have a deviantart account or anything?  I'm interested in seeing her stuff after all the good comments here!

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 07:28:32 pm »
http://mewta-the-lost.deviantart.com/

I found her on Deviantart but she dosnt have the images from last year or this year. I dont think she updates often. But her other works are awesome too!

Any luck Ellen on info or should I email that link you wrote above?
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 12:05:17 pm »
http://mewta-the-lost.deviantart.com/

I found her on Deviantart but she dosnt have the images from last year or this year. I dont think she updates often. But her other works are awesome too!

Any luck Ellen on info or should I email that link you wrote above?
Try everything you have :) Meantime I must admit, I went to the woods for a 3-day meditation retreat and plum forgot to email her until just now, so thanks for the reminder!
I know I called her during con to advise her to come pick up a prize, so I can also try to see if her # is still in my phone (I might've called too many people since then....)
Much love to those who share the Mewta fandom :)
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 01:37:49 pm »
Okay, I've heard back from Natasha Allen aka Mewta. She's authorized me to post her email, but with the caveat (as I mentioned) that she checks it rarely:
mewta@hotmail.com
Good luck all!