Author Topic: Avatar: The Last Airbender  (Read 38519 times)

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender
« Reply #350 on: July 17, 2010, 02:11:33 am »
bvhjfbvsfg will you have a flying wheelchair? almost cosplayed Teo but opted Jet instead
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline ainekatt

• Chibi
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2010, 04:08:27 pm »
Haha. Not flying, but wheelchair, yes.

That's why I can't pull it off this year. I'm planning on building the wheelchair for the full duration of the winter and fall, during which time I don't usually work on cosplay at all, so it will actually function to get me around con.

It's also the only cosplay I've put on my plate for next year so far so... I'm kind of putting all my energy into it.

Currently working on: Toni Ipres - Hanna is Not a Boy's Name

Offline Emileesaurus

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART Gallery
« Reply #352 on: August 11, 2010, 05:02:48 pm »
Count me in as another Zuko! I was tea shop Zuko at Sakuracon this year, and I'll be doing his season three outfit this time. I maaayyyy have an Azula with me, which would be awesome. I wanna hang out with Avatar people, though, so if anyone's group is in need of a tagalong Zuzu, let me know |D <3

Is there a meetup scheduled? I didn't see one in the post :Oa
"Sometimes clouds have two sides: a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich. So when life seems hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich."

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #353 on: August 15, 2010, 10:35:24 pm »
Hey, I noticed this thread hasnt been updated in a very long time, and is kind of dead.

Seeing as its nearing con-time, we may not be able to have a photoshoot but maybe we can figure something out?
If this thread is indeed dead, I'll be making a new one later tonight, or tommorrow.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #354 on: August 15, 2010, 10:56:35 pm »
I would love to do some kind of Avatar cosplay someday, but I honestly can't think of any characters I could successfully pull off... I thank Avatar for getting me to make progress on my other cosplays though. I've made a rule where I can only watch the series on Netflix when I'm working on stuff. It seems to be working good so far!

@KogaRyu: I'm pumped to see your Sokka! The progress pictures I've seen in other threads look awesome! =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #355 on: August 15, 2010, 11:55:38 pm »
From the looks of the cosplays you're planning on doing this year, I could probably see you as Toph.

I'm not planning one this year, but next year (maybe) I'm wanting to be Toph or some version of Zuko.
And I have a bunch of friends who also want to cosplay Avatar in the next year or so.
I want to make the outfits that Toph and Katara wear when they sneak into the Earth King's ball thing for the formal dance next year, at least ^^
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #356 on: August 17, 2010, 10:57:56 am »
I'm coming as Mai.   ;D

And all we have to do, to have a photoshoot, is decide on a time that we can agree to meet and then post it to the official photoshoot thread.  Not too hard!   ;)  C'mon, guys, let's get our acts together!

I propose we meet in Pioneer Square at 1pm on Saturday.  The square is a beautiful venue (with running fountains for the waterbenders and big columns of stone for the earthbenders!) and nobody has claimed it during that hour-long block yet, so we'd have it to ourselves, so to speak.

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #357 on: August 17, 2010, 12:24:04 pm »
Well, I have a huge group but were only doing it on Sunday and Monday.

Also, to keep in mind with Pioneer Square, its busy. theres tourists, its a main hub for transportation and theres already a lot of people trying to do shoots there. Add that together, and it makes for a very crowded bit of space. The park blocks have a lot of fountains as well, and a lot of greenery which may be nice for Avatar.

Should I make another thread? this one still isnt being updated on the main page, so it may make it easier and less confusing the make another thread.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #358 on: August 17, 2010, 12:47:08 pm »
I vote new thread, cuz I've been following this one since the beginning, and I'm still confused as to who's actually going this year. XD

I'm also not a fan of Pioneer Square, for all the reasons Hashi said above, and because there's not much shade in the event that it is as horribly hot at Kcon as it is right now. >.o
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2010, 01:11:48 pm »
Oh my, I started this thread, didn't I? xD
I'll update the list and stuff, or you guys can make another one if you want.
Pretty sure my group isn't cosplay Avatar anymoer. :x

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #360 on: August 17, 2010, 01:26:59 pm »
I still would like to do Azula! ..eventually..
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #361 on: August 17, 2010, 02:06:38 pm »
At Starry: Haha, its not problem just a bit confusing. Seeing as we're still planning the shoot though, it may be easier to make a new thread, so you wont have to worry about updating the main post.

To everyone: I see a lot of maybes and next years, so its kind of confusing as to who is actually doing Avatar this year. Can I get the people who are for sure, to say so, and suggest a day and time? Were getting close to the wire here, so the sooner the better. Thanks :>
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #362 on: August 17, 2010, 04:45:54 pm »
-:- A park block sounds great!  My heart isn't set on any particular place, as long as it's within walking distance of the con hotel.

-:- I will DEFINITELY be coming as Mai this year.

-:- Please let the photoshoot be on Sunday, if Saturday is no good, and not conflicting with the Final Fantasy or the FMA shoot.  That's all I ask.   ;D

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #363 on: August 21, 2010, 07:10:38 pm »

@KogaRyu: I'm pumped to see your Sokka! The progress pictures I've seen in other threads look awesome! =]

Omg, please do not hype this up, I'm super afraid my cosplay will come out all Derpy looking. ((p(>o<)q))
Team Koga

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #364 on: August 21, 2010, 07:35:01 pm »
Hey! Just wanted to direct you to the new photoshoot thread over here
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=13515.0

We're trying to get a new list together so feel free to post!
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #365 on: August 22, 2010, 09:20:11 am »
Omg, please do not hype this up, I'm super afraid my cosplay will come out all Derpy looking. ((p(>o<)q))

I give hype where hype is deserved!

I don't see how it could possibly come out derpy with all the progress shots looking totally awesome. lol. =3
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Kuu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #366 on: August 22, 2010, 09:43:41 am »
So I'm totally going to the photoshoot! I'll have my Toph outfit at 100% I just finished the tunic last night
Kcon 2011 plans
Toph
Fire Nation Toph
Toothless

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #367 on: August 22, 2010, 01:49:33 pm »
I hate to sound like a broken record but please,PLEASE if you are attending the 2010 Avatar shoot, post in the following thread.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=13515.0

The more people post in this one the more confusing it gets, seeing as the photoshoot thread just gets bumped further to the bottom.

We're discussing the photoshoot location right now, so if you want to suggest something please do so.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!