Author Topic: Anyone live in Eugene/Springfield Area To Meet Up?  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Figgles

• Chibi
    • Figgles Deviant Page
Anyone live in Eugene/Springfield Area To Meet Up?
« on: April 22, 2009, 08:48:14 pm »
I'm interesting in meeting people from around here where I live. I acutally live down in Cottage Grove, but I have no problem getting up to other areas. Anyone else live around in this area? I'm curious to see who else lives around here and plans to attend K-con this year.
Cosplay '14: Elliot Nightray(Pandora Hearts), Aoba Seragaki(DMMd), Karkat(Homestuck), Aelita(Code Lyoko), and Oz Vessalius(Pandora Hearts)

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
Re: Anyone live in Eugene/Springfield Area To Meet Up?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 10:53:50 pm »
Well, There is always me and the Anime Friday group.  A lot of the original KumoriCon Staffers live in Eugene as well.  Not many of us are regulars on this forum though.  If you want to meet other people and watch anime then try coming to my Anime Friday this Friday (and every Friday) at 7:00pm.  If interested PM me or send me an email.  We are currently watching K-On!, Valkyria Chronicles, Guin Saga, and any other anime that catches our fancy.  I only have a couple of terabytes of stuff to watch so we may run out of things to see in 5 years or so.  That is if I stopped getting the new stuff (like that is ever going to happen!   ::)  ). As it is I doubt I will ever find the time to actually watch all the anime I have.  Hope to see you some time.  ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Namazzi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 08:34:12 pm »
I would say anime friday too! I haven't been to wuntvors anime friday yet, though I used to do a small one with his daughter (my friend) and a few of our friends on the same night. I may end up there tomorrow, depending whether or not i get some last minute plans thrown at me again.. haha. It would be fun, and a great way to get to know more k-con people in the area. :)

-edited because i apparently can't spell  ::)-
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:35:52 pm by Namazzi »

Offline WhiteRoseMarie

• Cabbit
    • My Art
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 04:48:33 pm »
Oh wow. Cottage Grove? That's pretty close to where I live. (Yoncalla). o.o!

Offline fanboy!

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 04:46:23 pm »
guess who fig???  ;D
Fanboy always wins!

Offline WhiteRoseMarie

• Cabbit
    • My Art
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 05:31:31 pm »
I feel like I live far from people today o.o
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:55:10 pm by WhiteRoseMarie »

Offline Figgles

• Chibi
    • Figgles Deviant Page
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 12:09:38 pm »
guess who fig???  ;D

OMG! Fanboy!!
Cosplay '14: Elliot Nightray(Pandora Hearts), Aoba Seragaki(DMMd), Karkat(Homestuck), Aelita(Code Lyoko), and Oz Vessalius(Pandora Hearts)

Offline fhqwhgads41185

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 09:06:46 pm »
My roommates and I watch anime about three nights a week, and some friends from work were wanting to start an anime day. I'd like to get together with some fellow con-goers sometime. This close to the con it would probably be afterwards. Interested?
If music be the food of love, play on; give me excess of it that, surfeiting, the appetite may sicken and so die.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 01:59:27 am »
My roommates and I watch anime about three nights a week, and some friends from work were wanting to start an anime day. I'd like to get together with some fellow con-goers sometime. This close to the con it would probably be afterwards. Interested?

You're welcome to come to anime Friday anytime!  I won't be having it this Friday because of KumoriCon (I plan to leave for Portland Friday night), but I have my Anime Friday pretty much every Friday at my place.  Check my profile to get in contact with me you can PM or e-mail.  New faces are always welcome.   :)

Offline fhqwhgads41185

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 11:44:12 pm »
I believe I've been, although perhaps this is different. If I recall I used to come with my sister and two other guys. I think we came three times, and I was quite impressed with your setup and wide selection. I'd certainly like to come again, I'm not regularly available Fridays though :( Do you remember me by chance? I think I started Asu No Yoichi and Rideback with you guys.
If music be the food of love, play on; give me excess of it that, surfeiting, the appetite may sicken and so die.

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 11:46:01 am »
I believe I've been, although perhaps this is different. If I recall I used to come with my sister and two other guys. I think we came three times, and I was quite impressed with your setup and wide selection. I'd certainly like to come again, I'm not regularly available Fridays though :( Do you remember me by chance? I think I started Asu No Yoichi and Rideback with you guys.

I remember a girl her brother and two male friends.  They came 2 or 3 times many months ago, yeah, about the time of Rideback.  I don't remember what we watched exactly.  I believe I added her to my weekly e-mail list.  If your sis is still getting an e-mail from wuntvor every week then, yeah I'm that guy.   ;D

Sorry, I don't remember exactly which of the three guys was the brother, or even the names after all this time.   :(  I have always been terrible with names, and I have so many people who show up once or twice and then I don't see them again for months, if at all.  If everyone on my weekly list actually showed up...  It would be KumoriCon!   :P  OK not the current 5000 people KumoriCon but maybe the first one we had here in Eugene/Springfield at the Clarion in 2003 with 419 attendees.  Hmm.. I would probably need more chairs..   ;D