Author Topic: YuGiOh! '09  (Read 55078 times)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
Re: YuGiOh! '09
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2009, 05:21:12 pm »
Heh, that's how I was for SakuraCon.  :D  I know the feeling~
The 40% doesn't include the sewing part, though - just how many parts of it I have (or bought, wig's still not here yet).

...I wouldn't mind helping with accessories.  *has a habit of buying supplies in bulk for future use*  Especially the necklace; I want to show Sculpey that I don't care if it hates me, I'm using it anyway.  And technically, I could make about three more with what I have laying around.
(Also I wouldn't have charge you for it because my friend and I haven't fully worked out our commission team.  xD)
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2009, 06:01:09 pm »
Hey, even if I'm not able to get the costume done in time for SC, just having the necklace would be kickass (I'm one of those crazy nuts who love to wear interesting cosplay stuff with their normal clothes). If you'd be able to make another one, I'd be eternally grateful. *bows*

Also, may I add you to my f-list on LiveJournal? That'd be cool. <3
~Proudly a hardcore Naruto, YYH, TTGL, and Yu-Gi-Oh! fangirl~

+Head Captain of the Umbrella Duelists cosplay group+

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2009, 06:13:08 pm »
xD  I do the same thing sometimes.  Let's hope the Sculpey doesn't bubble this time around - especially since I'll be doing Aki's necklace at the same time.  Getting bubbles off that without it breaking would be such a pain.

And go for it, friends are awesome.  <3  I'll add back.  n_n

KumoriCon 2014

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2009, 11:44:04 pm »
@ Tofutakeout = Oops...sorry. Thought you were the girl who was Seto this year.
its all good. She was freaking awesome though. lol
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline devyrae

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2009, 10:27:58 pm »
Im going as Yami/Yugi (Most likely Yami) this year with a chibi Kaiba ^^ All i have left on mine is the puzzle on the wig.
Kumoricon 13 plans:
Ari -Okage Shadow King
Axel -Kingdom Hearts
Ash -Pokemon
Nick -L4D2

https://www.facebook.com/Need4Things
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devysisk-Modeling-Page/496336850429477

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2009, 12:48:08 am »
Really? I'm sorry you lost the bid but as you yourself says "Good came out of it." Well at least you were able to make your own costume. Are there any pictures yet? I would like to see them when you got some. Also, did you find a way to make the Millennium Ring?

My costume inspired you to start cosplaying? Well I'm glad I can start you on your cosplaying career. :D

I don't think she will but you never know.

I took some horrible pictures with my horrible webcam, but, other than that, no pictures. XD I doubt I'll post those, though...at least, not here. I don't really consider my costume "completed" yet, so I would definitely feel insecure posting pictures, also. XD This is my first cosplay, after all, and nobody is helping me, so I'm kind of just running around in circles. I am working hard on it, but it would be so much more simple if I weren't so unintelligent. xD If you come to KumoriCon this year, though, that would definitely be awesome. ^_^

Yeah, I actually found a pretty good way of making the Millennium Ring with clay. :) I did accidentally use spray-paint intended for metal, so it's kind of oozing onto everything that I put it on, so I need to get some sealant soon. I kind of wish that I would have taken more time on it, because I was just so excited that I did it all in one day, but it looks really nice, regardless.

Yes, of course! I will be an amazing Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayer someday, thanks to you.  ;D Just...not today. XD Someday...

She should wear the costume; I would love utterly love her for it. I will give it my most prized possession, I swear I would. I don't know what my most prized possession is, but it's probably either my laptop, Wii, or Twilight Princess. I would run up to her, hand it to her, say, "Fo-fo you, 'Kura," and she'd tweak out, and hit me. Or something. Besides, everyone I know who cosplays and goes to conventions, whether it be the few people I know in real life or online, have all met you in your Bakura cosplay. I personally don't think that's fair, but, meh. I guess it's my fault for not going to conventions sooner. >_>

If you still lurk this forum, which I definitely hope that you do, may I ask a question? xD I have my wig, but it's just kind of a wig. It could definitely work for a Bakura cosplay, but it sits on its wig-head, wigging it up, and I was wondering if, in your opinion, I should attempt to style it? I've asked a friend of mine, but they haven't cosplayed as Bakura, or anything, so they didn't really have an opinion.

Yay, more fans and cosplayers from after my last post  :D  There are already more than last year~!
(If I'm right, excluding me, we have about five [!!!] cosplayers and even more people looking forward to us...eeee!)

*jumps around excitedly*
What do you mean, "looking forward to us?" xD I'll probably end up disappointing everyone, but I am definitely going to do my best not to. I really hope that, at the convention, I won't just freeze up and not be able to talk to anyone or ask for pictures, because I really want to meet all of the Yu-Gi-Oh! pwnsome people, and take pictures of them all. ^_^ If I end up working at the convention, that's what I should do in my spare time...walk around, trying to find everyone. xD If I don't work, though, then I guess I'd have more time. XD
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 06:32:09 pm by Akesukeru »
DMC4 Dante @ Kumoricon 2011

【Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 and 2010 | Devil May Cry 2010 and 2011】
2012: Something Dragon Age related, hopefully. ;)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2009, 09:26:56 pm »
What do you mean, "looking forward to us?" xD I'll probably end up disappointing everyone, but I am definitely going to do my best not to. I really hope that, at the convention, I won't just freeze up and not be able to talk to anyone or ask for pictures, because I really want to meet all of the Yu-Gi-Oh! pwnsome people, and take pictures of them all. ^_^ If I end up working at the convention, that's what I should do in my spare time...walk around, trying to find everyone. xD If I don't work, though, then I guess I'd have more time. XD
Aww, you should give yourself more credit than that  xD  Try hard enough and you'll be happy that you did and people will love you either way  C:
Haaa...this'll be my fifth con and I still can't go up to people and ask for pictures.  I always have a friend do it for me!  xD  I'm quiet/shy by nature, though, so that's probably the reason.  That and I don't want to make an idiot out of myself when I fangirl over someone.  8U;

Oh, there will be tons of spare time that doesn't feel like spare time because you'll be having fun.  Never a boring moment, if you ask me~

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2009, 09:08:34 am »
You are right. ^_^ Thank you. Besides, I'll probably be way too busy smiling and having fun to have to actually have time to feel self-conscious about my costume. None of my friends and I plan to hang out (I know, like, three people going, and they're all going together, actually), so there won't be anyone to "check up on my costume." Epic fail! XD I bet something is going to happen with my costume, something like my wig epically failing off, or something, or you can see some beastly things through my wig. Nobody is going to tell me, and I'm just going to be all smiley and hyper and polite, and everyone is just like...secretly laughing at me. XD I shall become known as "EPIC PHAIL BAKURA." And I will wear the title proudly.  ;D

This is my first convention. XD I won't be with anyone, so I won't be able to ask them to take pictures for me.  :o Isn't that horrible? I'm going to have to...approach the fellow Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayers! How dastardly! How...unheard of!  ;D I'm definitely going to end up making an idiot of myself...I mean, I can't really help it; it's just kind of who I am. I'm nice, but I'm just...well, you'll see. XD

Because of my crazy self-conscious-ness, I tend to read into things too much, which is what I have been doing with cosplay lately...and, I have to be honest, I never really thought of special poses before. All I can think of for Ryou is...holding a cup of tea, or something.  ;D I'll definitely have to give this some thought...

If Tinypic is working, and if anyone is interested, or, uh, wanting to have a techno dance party with a picture, here is my Millennium Ring: http://i41.tinypic.com/1qgadu.jpg

And here is what I have so far of my cosplay (shirt, wig, and Ring, but not me wearing it; sixty-three days! Your eyes will commence combustion soon enough): http://i39.tinypic.com/jzi6iq.jpg

Oh, and I was going to ask if anyone recommends eyebrow-painting and/or contacts for their Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplay(ing)?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:16:17 am by Akesukeru »

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2009, 08:49:34 pm »
asdf ;~;
I wish I thought of Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay sooner! ToT
Even though this is a forum... I'm sure there will be more Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayers around the convention as well! =D
I really, really hope there's a Jack Atlas.. >///< -fan girlism-
That way I could get a picture with him! XD -end of fangirlism-
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2009, 06:00:50 am »
asdf ;~;
I wish I thought of Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay sooner! ToT
Even though this is a forum... I'm sure there will be more Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayers around the convention as well! =D
I really, really hope there's a Jack Atlas.. >///< -fan girlism-
That way I could get a picture with him! XD -end of fangirlism-

I definitely hope that there are more Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayers...it would be so great to have a bunch. ;D

If you had thought of cosplaying Yu-Gi-Oh! sooner, who would you cosplay as?  :)

I am actually definitely interested in cosplaying Jack. If I can find a wig that could work and/or be styled, I would definitely look into it, and maybe even invest. ;D So if, during your many cosplay adventures, you find any wigs that could work, feel free to send me the website and/or store name. Or, if you know of any wig-commissioners. XD I personally don't know any.

That would really be great if there was a Jack, though. ;D Especially if he was really in character..."Whut uh thuz lihtohl drarwinz?" XD Best Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's line ever, along with, "So it's glue! You've sworn allegiance to magic glue!"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:14:36 am by Akesukeru »

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2009, 12:52:06 pm »
I definitely hope that there are more Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayers...it would be so great to have a bunch. ;D

If you had thought of cosplaying Yu-Gi-Oh! sooner, who would you cosplay as?  :)

I am actually definitely interested in cosplaying Jack. If I can find a wig that could work and/or be styled, I would definitely look into it, and maybe even invest. ;D So if, during your many cosplay adventures, you find any wigs that could work, feel free to send me the website and/or store name. Or, if you know of any wig-commissioners. XD I personally don't know any.

That would really be great if there was a Jack, though. ;D Especially if he was really in character..."Whut uh thuz lihtohl drarwinz?" XD Best Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's line ever, along with, "So it's glue! You've sworn allegiance to magic glue!"

Me personally? I'd have to say either... Jun Manjoume.. or Carly Nagisa! :3 Since I have no time this year, I'm going to do her normal and Dark signer costume next year 8D

As for wigs... you could ask people from www.solgoo.com to make a Jack Atlas wig! Just give them good reference and you should be fine! =D
I think the prices are alright.. It's pretty worth it..

I saw a really good Jack on DeviantART. He did Jack wonderfully!

Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2009, 02:37:53 pm »
Holy crap... you mean a guy that did Jack? (too used to girls doing him)

Oh poo - now I'm starting to regret doing a different costume for KC. But I'll be sure and post pics here from this year's AkiCon (where I shall do my Pegasus costume... with my wig improved... <3).

...And of course I'll stalk peeps for photos. Mwa ha ha. >.<

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2009, 05:44:50 pm »
Me personally? I'd have to say either... Jun Manjoume.. or Carly Nagisa! :3 Since I have no time this year, I'm going to do her normal and Dark signer costume next year 8D

As for wigs... you could ask people from www.solgoo.com to make a Jack Atlas wig! Just give them good reference and you should be fine! =D
I think the prices are alright.. It's pretty worth it..

I saw a really good Jack on DeviantART. He did Jack wonderfully!
Oh, wow, I didn't even think of Jun, for some crazy reason! I love him, and would love to see someone cosplay him. :)

Alright, I'll check them out! Thank you very much! Actually, I might look into them for a full costume! Muahahaha! I have no idea how cosplay commissions work, so, I send them a message, right, with pictures, and such, and they tell me how much it would cost? I am not instantly obliged to purchase, correct?

I really am so short. When I do get a Jack cosplay, whether it be this year, or another, I plan on titling it on DeviantArt and Cosplay.com as "EPIC PHAIL JACK." It will be my trademark. ^_^ Actually, I might prefer actually buying the cosplay for another person to wear, or, buying it pretty lenient in size for multiple people to wear.

You probably mean Ex-Shadow. :3 I honestly can't think of any other Jack cosplayers, and he's so amazing, besides that fact. ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:16:31 pm by Akesukeru »

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2009, 05:46:56 pm »
Holy crap... you mean a guy that did Jack? (too used to girls doing him)

Oh poo - now I'm starting to regret doing a different costume for KC. But I'll be sure and post pics here from this year's AkiCon (where I shall do my Pegasus costume... with my wig improved... <3).

...And of course I'll stalk peeps for photos. Mwa ha ha. >.<
I think GwarNekoChan was talking about Ex-Shadow. -wiggles eyebrows- Even if she wasn't, he is still definitely worth checking out: http://ex-shadow.deviantart.com/ He also wonderfully cosplays Johan, among many other characters. ;D One of my cosplay heroes.

Yay, Pegasus! ;D My friend said that he would cosplay Pegasus this year, if he didn't already have, like, three cosplays lined up. >_> I wish to see your pictures of Pegasus! ;D

You should most definitely post your pictures, after you're done stalking people! XD I fail at multiple things, so I probably won't be able to find everyone, and, even if I did, I might be too scared to ask for pictures. Wait, what am I even talking about? I don't even own a camera...I just assume that I will be able to borrow one, or somehow buy one, before the convention. I could borrow one of my photographer friend's cameras, but, the last time he let me borrow it, I learned that it was worth five-hundred dollars. >_> I kind of tweaked out. XD It would be ten times worse at an anime convention, of all places. I also kind of...can't figure out how to use cameras very well. XD I fail at technology.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2009, 12:46:11 pm »
I might be going back to doing Bakura again....I'm totally sure if I'll have enough time and money to do Mai.........

Well, there goes my plan of actually being a girl for once ^w^
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2009, 06:43:51 pm »
I might be going back to doing Bakura again....I'm totally sure if I'll have enough time and money to do Mai.........

That's definitely too bad about Mai. :( I'm sure that if it's meant to happen, it will happen. I believe in you, though, most definitely. ;D

Ryou Bakura, or Yami Bakura? ;D I think someone else other than me said that they were planning on being Ryou, but, then again, that was probably you. XD Anyways, tons of Ryous running around would definitely be cool, though! To me, at least. ;D Infiltration! All your base are belong to Ryou Bakura. I probably could buy the same wig that I did for Ryou, and just style it into oblivion for a yami-do, but, I probably won't end up doing that, because I would rather have other cosplays, too. It takes about half an hour to get to the downtown area from my house on the MAX, so I could fairly easily change, but...I guess I would have to walk quite a ways, if I felt the compulsive need to change constantly. Besides, all these lights need a dark. Utter fluff chaos insues without one, I'm sure. XD

Actually, if there isn't a Yami Bakura this year, and I can scavenge the correct scraps from the mass of random that is my room, I might make a doll to lug around. I don't know about you, but I think that would be really cute. XD

Offline dark_master

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2009, 10:17:06 pm »

I took some horrible pictures with my horrible webcam, but, other than that, no pictures. XD I doubt I'll post those, though...at least, not here. I don't really consider my costume "completed" yet, so I would definitely feel insecure posting pictures, also. XD This is my first cosplay, after all, and nobody is helping me, so I'm kind of just running around in circles. I am working hard on it, but it would be so much more simple if I weren't so unintelligent. xD If you come to KumoriCon this year, though, that would definitely be awesome. ^_^

Yeah, I actually found a pretty good way of making the Millennium Ring with clay. :) I did accidentally use spray-paint intended for metal, so it's kind of oozing onto everything that I put it on, so I need to get some sealant soon. I kind of wish that I would have taken more time on it, because I was just so excited that I did it all in one day, but it looks really nice, regardless.

Yes, of course! I will be an amazing Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayer someday, thanks to you.  ;D Just...not today. XD Someday...

She should wear the costume; I would love utterly love her for it. I will give it my most prized possession, I swear I would. I don't know what my most prized possession is, but it's probably either my laptop, Wii, or Twilight Princess. I would run up to her, hand it to her, say, "Fo-fo you, 'Kura," and she'd tweak out, and hit me. Or something. Besides, everyone I know who cosplays and goes to conventions, whether it be the few people I know in real life or online, have all met you in your Bakura cosplay. I personally don't think that's fair, but, meh. I guess it's my fault for not going to conventions sooner. >_>

If you still lurk this forum, which I definitely hope that you do, may I ask a question? xD I have my wig, but it's just kind of a wig. It could definitely work for a Bakura cosplay, but it sits on its wig-head, wigging it up, and I was wondering if, in your opinion, I should attempt to style it? I've asked a friend of mine, but they haven't cosplayed as Bakura, or anything, so they didn't really have an opinion.

The pictures don't always have to be great. Sure! We all wish we can show off better images of our costumes or costume props to people but some times you have to work with what you got. Well your costumes doesn't have to be complete to show off pictures. Showing off progress pictures gets people eager to see the completed work. Well I will most likely be coming by. I have everything planned out/paid for so I should but we will see what happens from now until con time.

I checked out the picture of your ring. Not bad for a first attempted. It looks pretty decent. Good job! If you are anything like me I bet a year from now you will be looking at your ring while saying to yourself, "I can do better." and prove yourself right by making a new one 10 times better than the first. That's what I did.

That's sounds like a cosplay dream. I say follow that dream and see where it takes you. Who knows! You might even surpass me as Bakura one day. Some one has too.

lol, I'm sure if she saw you she would be thrilled you liked her cosplay so much. I don't know if I will ever run into her myself but if I did that would be interesting. I'm sorry. Well you can still meet me if you can find me. I've been known to move around a lot so hopefully you can catch me. Well this year I will be walking around with friends so who knows.

I say style it. Bakura hair has a lot of spikes to it. So you would want to try and recreate that. There are sites that can show you how to style wigs. Take a look around and see what you can find or if you have a pretty good idea on what you want to do go with that.

One last thing.....

I agree with Kotoumi. Don't sell yourself short and please don't insult yourself either. You new to the cosplaying world. You haven't had a chance to spread your wings and see what your capable of. I'm sure once you get out there you will surprise yourself. Trust me on this!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:18:13 pm by dark_master »
Kumoricon 2009 - Cosplay list

Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
Yusei Fudo (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2009, 01:32:10 am »

That's definitely too bad about Mai. :( I'm sure that if it's meant to happen, it will happen. I believe in you, though, most definitely. ;D

Ryou Bakura, or Yami Bakura? ;D I think someone else other than me said that they were planning on being Ryou, but, then again, that was probably you. XD Anyways, tons of Ryous running around would definitely be cool, though! To me, at least. ;D Infiltration! All your base are belong to Ryou Bakura. I probably could buy the same wig that I did for Ryou, and just style it into oblivion for a yami-do, but, I probably won't end up doing that, because I would rather have other cosplays, too. It takes about half an hour to get to the downtown area from my house on the MAX, so I could fairly easily change, but...I guess I would have to walk quite a ways, if I felt the compulsive need to change constantly. Besides, all these lights need a dark. Utter fluff chaos insues without one, I'm sure. XD

Actually, if there isn't a Yami Bakura this year, and I can scavenge the correct scraps from the mass of random that is my room, I might make a doll to lug around. I don't know about you, but I think that would be really cute. XD

That would be really cute! I'm not sure...It would depend on what I can find. Gah! I really need to get more moneys...I only have one of my cosplays done, and I only have two months left ;A;
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2009, 11:57:21 am »
The pictures don't always have to be great. Sure! We all wish we can show off better images of our costumes or costume props to people but some times you have to work with what you got. Well your costumes doesn't have to be complete to show off pictures. Showing off progress pictures gets people eager to see the completed work. Well I will most likely be coming by. I have everything planned out/paid for so I should but we will see what happens from now until con time.

I checked out the picture of your ring. Not bad for a first attempted. It looks pretty decent. Good job! If you are anything like me I bet a year from now you will be looking at your ring while saying to yourself, "I can do better." and prove yourself right by making a new one 10 times better than the first. That's what I did.

That's sounds like a cosplay dream. I say follow that dream and see where it takes you. Who knows! You might even surpass me as Bakura one day. Some one has too.

lol, I'm sure if she saw you she would be thrilled you liked her cosplay so much. I don't know if I will ever run into her myself but if I did that would be interesting. I'm sorry. Well you can still meet me if you can find me. I've been known to move around a lot so hopefully you can catch me. Well this year I will be walking around with friends so who knows.

I say style it. Bakura hair has a lot of spikes to it. So you would want to try and recreate that. There are sites that can show you how to style wigs. Take a look around and see what you can find or if you have a pretty good idea on what you want to do go with that.

One last thing.....

I agree with Kotoumi. Don't sell yourself short and please don't insult yourself either. You new to the cosplaying world. You haven't had a chance to spread your wings and see what your capable of. I'm sure once you get out there you will surprise yourself. Trust me on this!
You are truly very inspiring, you know. Thank you. The next time I get my hands on a camera, I'll be sure to take pictures, whether my cosplay is finished, or not. I also didn't think of it before, but, if I posted pictures of my progress, people could give me their opinions, advice, and just general input. That would be nice.

I cannot wait! I've only seen one Yuusei cosplayer before, so it should definitely be interesting. Yuusei deserves more love.

Thank you for being honest. I really appreciate it. I definitely believe that I can do better now. I would probably have a go at another attempt of a Ring, but I only bought one metal ring. Proportions and I aren't too good of friends. I apologize for being negative yet again, but, this time, it's really true. I'm sure that, with practice, I could definitely make a better proportional-ized Ring, and a better Ring, in general.

It definitely is a cosplay dream! I don't know if I would want to surpass you as Bakura, though. Although, if it is a positive goal, I guess it could be something that I work towards for someday, but what I dream of is doing my best this year, having it be good enough to my standards, and then growing from my experiences. It would be an honor to surpass you, though.

"Believe In Myself" from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle just started playing. Really! So very fitting.

No need to apologize! Like I said, it's my fault for not attending conventions sooner. At least I'll get to meet you in your Yuusei cosplay. I hear from Vincent that you crazily run around KumoriCon and/or SakuraCon as a creature that highly resembles a Power Ranger. On the topic of Vincent, he says that he has pictures on a friend's computer that they took of you in your Bakura cosplay at KumoriCon and/or SakuraCon a few years back. I'll be sure to send those your way, if he ever remembers.

That's really cool that you'll be walking with your friends! My cosplaying friends have informed me that they will be running around like crazy, so I will definitely be meeting new people and making friends more than I will be hanging out with my cosplay friends.

I'll be sure to check out some wig-styling websites. Thank you! I don't have a full vision quite yet, but I think the bangs need some styling, and the whole wig in general needs to...have more volume. I think that's the word.

I think I have already surprised myself by even attempting a cosplay. I mean, me, a year ago? No way on my life, I bet. I am sure that, with each step of my cosplay, and each improvement I make, I will be thoroughly surprised. I'll be sure to remember to stay positive. I'll do my best, and, even if it's not good, I'll definitely improve over time.

I just learned a new English phrase, also: "Don't sell yourself short." Thank you. I'll be sure to use it, most definitely. It's so nice.

Oh, and I also apologize for making this so long. Sorry!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 11:58:25 am by Akesukeru »

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2009, 11:59:58 am »
That would be really cute! I'm not sure...It would depend on what I can find. Gah! I really need to get more moneys...I only have one of my cosplays done, and I only have two months left ;A;
I'm still actually choosing who I would like to cosplay as, and checking out costumes, so...don't feel bad about time. XD I kind of just realized that I could get more costumes and stuff...I'm not the keenest potato in the garden, I'm sure. (Sorry. That was more negativity...I'm trying to stop...but, that was meant to be sarcastic, anyways. I like potatoes!) I am not good with money at all. I give it out like candy. >_>

You should try to find work! ;D I plan on applying for jobs on my birthday, which is kind of silly, I suppose, seeing as my birthday is...what, six days before the convention? Even if I somehow magically got hired the day after I applied, that still wouldn't help, seeing as things don't end up shipping to Portland from different countries in a day. XD Wash cars! Mow lawns! Babysit! Have a garage sale. I hope to do some of these, if I have time, whether the funds end up benefiting this year's cosplays, or next.

The only blue fabric I can find for a Bakura doll is a light blue, so, I could either design him new clothes, improvise, or make a different one of his outfits. Actually, you know, Bakura in his striped shirt seems to be the most popular cosplay outfit. Kind of interesting. I personally love stripes, but that is definitely besides the point... XD

I was looking into a Hell Johan cosplay a few hours ago, and inquired about it to the seller about shipping prices/times and materials, and such. I thought that it was really sweet how they answered my first question: "We love animals; there is no animal material used in this, nor any other costumes that we have made." And the costume costs one-hundred-and-five dollars, including shipping! That's insane! And the seller has 99.7% positive feedback, too. I would love to buy it, but, until I can secure a wig and/or commissioner, I don't think so. >_> Contacts would also be an issue. Then again, a wig might be, too, considering I have pretty long hair. I could shave my head. It would be amusing.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:33:55 pm by Akesukeru »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2009, 06:46:27 pm »
Yeah, I've been trying to get a job, while trying to work off my butt doing all that other stuff...

My mind is doing crazy things...It keeps debating on who to do...Mai or Bakura. I really wanna do Mai, but I don't know if I'll have enough money or time...I don't know...

Any ideas?
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2009, 06:48:54 pm »
Oh! You're very welcome! :33

Haha yeah. They should respond to your E-mail within the hours. x3 I sent them a request and 2 hours late... BAM! xD They just give you the cost and they ask you nicely if you could send it to there paypal.

and yes!! That's the Jack! xD
He's so amazingingly cool!!

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2009, 08:28:17 pm »
Yeah, I've been trying to get a job, while trying to work off my butt doing all that other stuff...

My mind is doing crazy things...It keeps debating on who to do...Mai or Bakura. I really wanna do Mai, but I don't know if I'll have enough money or time...I don't know...

Any ideas?
Just follow your muses. With Ryou, Johan, and Jack, it's like...I feel like I have to cosplay them, in this odd way. I feel very inspired by them to portray them, and attempt to serve them the justice that their character deserves. Do you feel that way with Mai, Bakura, or both? Neither? Like I said, follow your muses. I wouldn't spend so much time working on a cosplay if I didn't love the character.

If you would like me to possibly help you brainstorm on the cosplays, though, I would be happy to! Personally, I think that Mai would be a challenge, but a very pleasant cosplay to see! As with Bakura...I would love to have a Bakura twin, or a yami. ;D I would personally work on both alternately, as I am with Johan and Ryou, and then, by the time of convention, you'll have done whatever you have done, and, if one isn't completed, you can just go as a work-in-progress. (I have heard of people doing that, at least.) Or, you could wait until next year's convention to be them. But, you stress that money is an issue, so, hm...

Do you plan on going to any of the meet-ups that people have been talking about in the Plan Your Own Adventure forum? I'd like to, so maybe, if you live in the Portland-ish area, we could meet up there, and discuss your Mai and Bakura cosplays. I've also been talking to a photographer friend of mine about doing a photoshoot downtown, but that would probably be too late for me to help you (beginning to mid-August, when I have my Johan cosplay).

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2009, 08:29:05 pm »
Oh! You're very welcome! :33

Haha yeah. They should respond to your E-mail within the hours. x3 I sent them a request and 2 hours late... BAM! xD They just give you the cost and they ask you nicely if you could send it to there paypal.

and yes!! That's the Jack! xD
He's so amazingingly cool!!

I clicked "Submit," or, maybe it was "Send." Either way, I think I was supposed to actually e-mail it to them. ;D I guess I just got a little confused...there was a "Send" button, and then something that said, "E-mail it to us!" Or, maybe they just don't like me. XD I've decided not to do Jack this year, though, and to do Hell Johan, and I've found the things I need for that, but, still, I'd like to get a "quote" on a Jack cosplay for another year and/or convention.

He is, isn't he? And he is so nice! He definitely inspired me in part to go-ahead with my Hell Johan cosplay. ;D

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2009, 10:23:25 pm »
It's really hard trying to find long white trench coats. seriously.

I'm too excited for this con you guys. I missed too much of this conversation that's been going on. :<
da/tumblr

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2009, 12:04:53 am »
Let's see...I'm going to the Yaoi/Yuri picnic, the skateworld thing, and the cosplay bowling. I'm gonna aim for doing Mai, since I could probably make most of the stuff easily. Though, now the hard part is deciding which version, since she has three or more...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Chandra Nalaar

• Sailor Scout
    • My Pictures
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2009, 05:02:29 pm »
As if there weren't enough Seto copycats around, I'll be there as another. After those Wheelers ruined my Battle City tournament at Sakuracon, why not?

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2009, 10:13:45 pm »
@Chandra Nalaar
yay! your coming! <3
da/tumblr

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2009, 10:30:59 pm »
After those Wheelers ruined my Battle City tournament at Sakuracon, why not?

Hey... there was only one. You saying Jaime's more than one person now? LOL.

Awesome to see you're coming, too. Nice to have more familiar folks. ^_^

Offline Chandra Nalaar

• Sailor Scout
    • My Pictures
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2009, 06:14:43 am »
After those Wheelers ruined my Battle City tournament at Sakuracon, why not?

Hey... there was only one. You saying Jaime's more than one person now? LOL.

Awesome to see you're coming, too. Nice to have more familiar folks. ^_^

No, there were two.

Link

And of course I have to come to this. No one would forgive me if I didn't bring Kaiba, not after Sakuracon.

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2009, 07:05:25 pm »
I forgot about the dog-suit joey cosplayer! LOL.

(and pleeeease fix your sig before a mod kills you)

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2009, 12:21:36 am »
I counted four.......Or is my mind doing crazy thing again....?

Anywho, I've decided to try doing either Duelist Kingdom or Battle City Mai--depending on my Joey--and sucking up my body image problems.......This'll be interesting....
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2009, 10:42:42 pm »
I counted four.......Or is my mind doing crazy thing again....?

Anywho, I've decided to try doing either Duelist Kingdom or Battle City Mai--depending on my Joey--and sucking up my body image problems.......This'll be interesting....
Four Kaibas, two Joeys, and...two Bakuras! ;D Of course Bakura is absolutely relevant to this predicament. If Bakura is not relevant, he makes himself relevant. :)

I think that most people have body-image problems...I guess it's just what you do about it that's different. Personally, I think that you could feel insecure now, or when you're done with your cosplay, and looking in the mirror...but, then, when you're out there, having fun with other people and cosplayers, that kind of melts away, doesn't it? I definitely feel insecure about my body, but I know that I'm going to have such a great time with all the cosplayers, so what I look like doesn't really matter. I do want my cosplays to be good, and for me to look good in them, but I'm going to do my best, and I'm going to be happy with it. It doesn't matter if you're insecure about your body, or your cosplay, or both...if it's good to you, then that's what matters. The thing with body issues is just...don't think about it. Enjoy yourself.      

Yes, I have learned a lot from this thread. XD

As for the meet-ups you'll be going to...I can't bowl, or skate, so I don't plan on going to those. XD I am about ninety percent sure that I will be going to both the July fifteenth meet-up at the "waterfront," and the dance next Saturday. >_> I'll try to see what other ones I can make it to, though. XD Work in progress Bakura for the win. ;D

I started styling my Bakura wig today...the bangs, at least. I kept getting this pretty bad result, and I knew that I could make it better, and I kept on trying. I like what I have right now. Tomorrow, I plan on attacking the rest. It kind of scares me what Aqua Net and got2b can accomplish together. The only issues that I've really been having are getting the hair to actually end in spikes, and cutting it too short, but I think I can fairly remedy them both. ;D

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2009, 05:21:32 pm »
Yeah. I actually tried on my skirt that I made for her and looked at myself in the mirror, and I think I can actually pull this off! I'm doing Battle City btw.

Can't wait to see Bakura, and hopefully I'll get Mai done (at least mostly done) by Kcon!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2009, 05:39:41 pm »
That's great to hear! ;D Battle City Mai...sounds awesome. :) I can't wait to see.

Yeah, I hope I'll get my cosplay at least "mostly" completed by KumoriCon, too...I'm having issues with the shirts. Kind of odd to be having trouble with something so seemingly simple, right? XD I would really like to just run around in a striped t-shirt (as in, not with the outer-shirt), but I can't seem to find one to my liking. I want a fairly thick one, you know, the way that men's t-shirts and unisex t-shirts usually are? Also, one with longer sleeves than the shirt I have right now...the one I have right now's sleeves barely go over the shoulder, and I was going to hide that with an outer-shirt if I needed to, but I can't find one of those, either. The striped shirt I have now is also five times too big, for some reason. >_> If I can't find one, I guess I'll have to make one.

I guess that's kind of why I want to have a second cosplay lined up...in case my Bakura one isn't completed to my liking by the time of the convention. I'd work on it for the next year, though, of course. ;D

I think I just realized how much I would love to see a Thief King Bakura at the convention, but, eh, I guess I shouldn't hope for too much. XD

Will you be wearing a wig for Mai? ;D

Offline Lady Shinsei

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2009, 07:49:43 pm »
It kind of scares me what Aqua Net and got2b can accomplish together.

Indeed. And I plan to use Got2B on my Pegasus wig to make it more epic (and also make it be less in my face; that thing is annoying as hell to wear since wisps always tickle my nose and such... ugh...).

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2009, 10:53:07 pm »
@ Akesukeru, I will be wearing a wig, especially since I have short black hair...I just need to either order it or find it soon. Thankfully, the most that I need for Mai is her shirt, vest and arm warmers, and I can easily make both the shirt and arm things! So I just need to find a purple vest.......
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2009, 01:24:00 am »
I'll be on the look-out for a wig! I have this weird thing now where I look up stuff for cosplay, even though I won't be buying any more for this year... XD

Are you looking to buy a vest in stores, online, or either way?

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2009, 01:32:32 am »
Indeed. And I plan to use Got2B on my Pegasus wig to make it more epic (and also make it be less in my face; that thing is annoying as hell to wear since wisps always tickle my nose and such... ugh...).
Oh, man...worse than wig-hair all up in your face is wig hair all up in your MOUTH. O_O It's like, "Bakura! -coughs- You're -coughs- choking me..." I can't even count the times I've choked on Bakura hair...

I was trying to make antennae for Bakura's hair (you know, the little...things. You know that you know what they are...Not the wings, though.), and the fact that I got them to stand STRAIGHT up kind of scared me. I didn't touch them for a day or so, but a few hours ago I held them down with bobby pins, and sprayed and "gelled" them like crazy. I'm definitely not done with the wig, but I didn't want to go to the meet-up later today with crazy antennae...it would have been pretty funny, though. ;D

I was also attempting to "volumize" it, but I can't seem to accomplish that without making it extremely "frizzy..."

I use quotation marks because I'm not sure if those are the correct words, or not. ;D

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2009, 01:14:02 am »
I'll be on the look-out for a wig! I have this weird thing now where I look up stuff for cosplay, even though I won't be buying any more for this year... XD

Are you looking to buy a vest in stores, online, or either way?

I do the same thing. I'll probably try to find something at Ross or Goodwill. And if all else fails, my mom can help me make the vest. She made a lot of vests when I was younger...And I'm actually happy that I'm a girl, for once!!! I'd explain why, but.......I'm sure you know where this is going.  ^^;
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2009, 03:29:41 am »
Are you happy that you are a woman, for once, because...you are cosplaying a girl, and do you not do that often? I guessed...XD!

The other day, I was looking for purple vests online, and none of them really seemed like Mai's at all, so Ross and Goodwill are probably good places to search. I need to go to Ross myself, though I checked Goodwill for Bakura stuff, and couldn't find anything. Making your own vest, though, would probably be cool. ;D

Do you think that Goodwill and/or Ross would be a good place to look for shoes? I've never actually looked at shoes at either place before. XD I'd like to find a fairly thin pair of high, black boots for my Johan cosplay, because, if I can't, I'll have to compromise and wear my sister's space boots. Space boots are fun, but they are squishy, and the tops are covered with fur. Not very Johan-y, really, but better than wearing my plaid slip-ons, I'm sure. XD

...Actually, does Goodwill even have shoes? I really cannot recall...

I found this awesome website the other day, with tons of Yu-Gi-Oh! stuff, like costumes and dolls, and I was thinking of buying a Yami Bakura doll or a doll of Johan's duel spirit, for my Johan cosplay, but it's like eighty bucks...so, no. XD Maybe next year. You can get life-size Yu-Gi-Oh dolls, though. That would be so great to see someone with... XD!

Something possessed me yesterday to wear eyeliner to the meet-up at the waterfront, and now I kind of feel like cosplaying Yami Bakura...I'm not sure anymore! XD I'm nice, but I'm evil...so, maybe I could somehow alternate the cosplays...not sure how, though. Maybe one day I could go as Ryou, and then the next day I could epically spike the wig, and go as Yami Bakura. It's borderline personality disorder of the Bakura variety! Oh, no...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 03:35:13 am by Akesukeru »

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2009, 01:06:39 pm »
Yeah...That's mainly it...Though also the fact that I can use my bra to make an outline for her shirt ^^

Goodwill is the best bet for funky shoes. That's actually where I got my Mai boots! So, I'd say go to GW for that!

What's the URL? I'm interested!

That'd be awesome if you did both! I would glomp you either way!!!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2009, 06:19:57 pm »
Funky shoes?! ;D I like funky shoes! Johan's shoes are very funky! ...Psh, not really. XD They're just...boots...with, purple-y stuff. But, thanks for the information! :D I'll be sure to plan a day to go to Goodwill. ;D

The url is...http://www.setsunakou.com/index2.html. The plushies are under "Custom UFO Plushies." ;D A lot of them are pretty cute. :) I want some Bakura ones...hahaha, maybe next year! XD

Hmm. I'm really going to think about this. XD If I can find a few factors to differentiate the two pretty well, I might do it. ;D Yay for Bakura glomp-age! XD

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2009, 10:42:11 pm »
Well, if you get a black trench coat, that would work! And that site is AWESOME!!! I want some of the plushies now...

I just got my Mai wig today! I was surprised at how good it is, since I got it at Party City! Now, all I need is the middle part!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2009, 10:57:15 pm »
I know, right? Some wigs that come from Party City (and/or with Halloween costumes) are actually surprisingly nice! I have this one wig from a Halloween costume when I was younger, and it's kind of long and gray, so I guess I have a fill-in Pegasus wig, if I ever need it. XD

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but wouldn't a black trench coat cost, like, a billion dollars? XD I do have a nice sum of money left for cosplay, but I also expect boots for Johan to be fairly price-y.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2009, 11:10:49 pm »
Not really. Goodwill is an amazing and magical place! I've seen trench coats there, and maybe only for $20? And boots wouldn't be that expensive, at least not there.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2009, 07:52:04 pm »
Wow. It's interesting the way that you can find random cosplay stuff around your house...it turns out that both of my parents have these fairly long, black trench-coats from the military! I'll be watching episode 199 once again to...compare the coats. I still plan on going to Goodwill, but, if I can't find a coat, and/or cannot find a coat that could work better than the one I have, I'll just use one of my parent's.

As for the boots, if I can find a kind that is fairly the right kind/size at Goodwill, I guess I could just learn how to make boot-covers.

...This is exciting. XD

I've actually been wondering about this...I have a Duel Disk (the type from Battle City), and I was wondering if I should include it as a prop. I'm sure that Ryou/Yami Bakura could go fine without it, but I'm just wondering if I should bring it or not.

Offline Chandra Nalaar

• Sailor Scout
    • My Pictures
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2009, 08:21:47 pm »
I've actually been wondering about this...I have a Duel Disk (the type from Battle City), and I was wondering if I should include it as a prop. I'm sure that Ryou/Yami Bakura could go fine without it, but I'm just wondering if I should bring it or not.

Do it, mate. Some of us may want to borrow it for the shoot, after all.

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2009, 10:13:53 pm »
Wow, I didn't even think of that! Thank you. ;D I will need to get it peace-bonded, though, correct?

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2009, 04:48:39 pm »
Yeah. I found a lot of stuff for my cosplays just around my house. It makes me happy when I do, cause then I don't have to buy them!

You should bring it so I can steal it....
I wish I had one ;A;

It's gonna be epic on sunday! Our Duke and Joey are gonna stage a battle that morning. And Joey's going to lose, and they made a bet, and so now Joey has to wear a dress to the dance that evening! And since Mai is just that nice, she might be showing up in a suit!
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)