Author Topic: Cosplay at the Zoo [May 23rd]  (Read 77781 times)

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cosplay at the Zoo [May 23rd]
« Reply #350 on: May 25, 2009, 06:09:30 pm »
But the fact is there is a lot of cosplayers who DON'T respect others and behave. I would love to go to the zoo in cosplay but I would only go with people I KNOW are mature enough and wont get us kicked out. Same with the mall. The mall is fine as long as you aren't with a group of people who act like idiots.

Amen to that. As long as the people you're with are decent and don't act like idiots, the world is a better place for the time you spend out in public cosplaying.
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #351 on: May 25, 2009, 06:10:32 pm »
I agree with you sam :D
It doesn't really depend on there age. Like Lavi
was 13 and she acted WAY more mature then other cosplays.
Cosplayers should just respect and present themselves the way they
want to be treated.

OMG YES, I absolutely LOVE Abigail! Sometimes I forget she is 13 because she acts mature like we do! Not to mention she is taller than me... >_>;;

@ nikkiolie

Like I said in my last post, "Cosplayers, regardless of age, who respect others and present themselves as friendly and courteous should have no problems there." I know there are a lot of people who don't behave, but I'm ONLY talking about respectful cosplayers like us. This might come off as kind of mean, but you should understand from my perspective, most of the time I don't consider disrespectful cosplayers REAL cosplayers. I just think of them as kids who forgot Halloween is October 31st =/

Offline Mentally Hilarious

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #352 on: May 25, 2009, 06:11:32 pm »
The only problem I had(with anyone in particular) was getting yelled at for someones attention when we were all in the tunnel.
Yeah I know where were going and what were doing, I dont need to be told twice.

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #353 on: May 25, 2009, 06:13:37 pm »
want to be treated.

OMG YES, I absolutely LOVE Abigail! Sometimes I forget she is 13 because she acts mature like we do! Not to mention she is taller than me... >_>;;

@ nikkiolie

Like I said in my last post, "Cosplayers, regardless of age, who respect others and present themselves as friendly and courteous should have no problems there." I know there are a lot of people who don't behave, but I'm ONLY talking about respectful cosplayers like us. This might come off as kind of mean, but you should understand from my perspective, most of the time I don't consider disrespectful cosplayers REAL cosplayers. I just think of them as kids who forgot Halloween is October 31st =/

She was taller then me too XD

and same here. We all have different perspectives of how a person should act while
cosplaying. Like age, and behavior. Were just all different with different perspectives.
ALL different cosplayers sharing the same interest.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #354 on: May 25, 2009, 06:14:07 pm »
want to be treated.

@ nikkiolie

XD yeah neither do I. I wasn't trying to argue at all, and I didn't know that you were only talking about the respectful cosplayers. I was just trying to remind you that there are a lot of people who aren't respectful. Sadly I have got to a lot of meet-ups where the majority of people there weren't respectful and I am cautious of going to big meet-ups because of that.

oslapedo

« Reply #355 on: May 25, 2009, 06:18:13 pm »
Me and Shay have been thinking about doing a Vocaloid dance cosplay meetup to celebrate our birthdays but if we ever did something like that we'd PM invitations instead of having an entire thread for it. As a suggestion that might be nice for certain occasions to keep traffic down, etc~

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #356 on: May 25, 2009, 06:18:56 pm »
XD yeah neither do I. I wasn't trying to argue at all, and I didn't know that you were only talking about the respectful cosplayers. I was just trying to remind you that there are a lot of people who aren't respectful. Sadly I have got to a lot of meet-ups where the majority of people there weren't respectful and I am cautious of going to big meet-ups because of that.

I'm sorry, I can get kind of pushy when someone doesn't see something my way. I apologize :(

This was my first cosplay meet ever, and I have to say I was kind of expecting this. I'm glad I was able to get some of my friends to come or else I would've had a pretty bad time. I wish it didn't have to be like that. When I first joined this forum, I signed up for the zoo meet because I wanted to make new cosplay friends (I had zero at the time). After going to the meet, I realize if I hadn't met my friends from elsewhere and told them to come, I wouldn't have made new cosplay friends like had originally wanted. Unfortunately, everyone else stuck to their own cliques and there was no real cosplay bonding.

@ Sahara

That'd definitely be a good idea! But you'd have to have cosplay friends first (which I'm glad to finally have some! *thankful*)

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #357 on: May 25, 2009, 06:26:51 pm »
The only problem I had(with anyone in particular) was getting yelled at for someones attention when we were all in the tunnel.

I know how that felt. So many times people kept yelling "SHRIMP KEEP UP!" since I was in my Ed Elric cosplay, and I was just lingering back. I was getting so sick of it to the point where I just stopped responding to any summon remark whatsoever. I know it may be hard for some people to understand, but we all can hear. Once is enough, right Mentally? ;;Sorry, I don't know your name so I had to use that.;;
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:27:29 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2009, 06:44:33 pm »

I know how that felt. So many times people kept yelling "SHRIMP KEEP UP!" since I was in my Ed Elric cosplay, and I was just lingering back. I was getting so sick of it to the point where I just stopped responding to any summon remark whatsoever. I know it may be hard for some people to understand, but we all can hear. Once is enough, right Mentally? ;;Sorry, I don't know your name so I had to use that.;;
Its fine, I dont expect anyone to know my name here. I only mentioned it like once or twice. Mentally is fine.
And I remember you.
Yeah, once is enough but never is better.
If someone needs my attention they only need to say "Excuse me" or something. If I get yelled at, I just tune 'em out.

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2009, 06:47:46 pm »
Its fine, I dont expect anyone to know my name here. I only mentioned it like once or twice. Mentally is fine.
And I remember you.
If someone needs my attention they only need to say "Excuse me" or something. If I get yelled at, I just tune 'em out.

Okay.~ Good to know. Wow, you remember me? I must've seen you then too. I just can't remember anyone except for either the people I talked to all the time, or the ones that annoyed me. I agree with you about that too. Yelling leads to problems, no matter what.
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2009, 06:48:30 pm »

I'm sorry, I can get kind of pushy when someone doesn't see something my way. I apologize :(

This was my first cosplay meet ever, and I have to say I was kind of expecting this. I'm glad I was able to get some of my friends to come or else I would've had a pretty bad time. I wish it didn't have to be like that. When I first joined this forum, I signed up for the zoo meet because I wanted to make new cosplay friends (I had zero at the time). After going to the meet, I realize if I hadn't met my friends from elsewhere and told them to come, I wouldn't have made new cosplay friends like had originally wanted. Unfortunately, everyone else stuck to their own cliques and there was no real cosplay bonding.

@ Sahara

That'd definitely be a good idea! But you'd have to have cosplay friends first (which I'm glad to finally have some! *thankful*)

Yeah the next real thing I do will be a private party. I made a lot of friends through meet-ups but only a few are ones I would actually want to hang out with. And my parents said I could have a meet-up at my house but they gave me a limit of about 30 people. Which is more than enough. So I think the next thing I might do is Halloween or Christmas.

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2009, 06:50:57 pm »
And I remember you.

Okay.~ Good to know. Wow, you remember me? I must've seen you then too. I just can't remember anyone except for either the people I talked to all the time, or the ones that annoyed me. I agree with you about that too. Yelling leads to problems, no matter what.
I know right? They yelled at me like a car was coming (in the tunnel).
Well I wasnt cosplaying (my cosplays insulate heat and I dont need too much of that on a sunny day). I just wore a Gaara t-shirt, hat and had a red and had blue back pack on. I just sort of stood back and admired all the cool costumes.

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2009, 06:53:06 pm »
Well I wasnt cosplaying (my cosplays insulate heat and I dont need too much of that on a sunny day). I just wore a Gaara t-shirt, hat and had a red and had blue back pack on. I just sort of stood back and admired all the cool costumes.

Ohhh!!! I remember you then.~ I was getting a bit irked in the tunnel. I thought the yelling was bad, especially when they started yelling inappropriate words. Specifically "penis". I mean understand that's not really a BAD word but when you're in a public place...ehhh that was really uncomfortable for me.

And wow, if you had an insulating cosplay I don't blame you at all. That would've sucked for a day as hot as it was on Saturday!
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2009, 06:55:43 pm »
Ohhh!!! I remember you then.~ I was getting a bit irked in the tunnel. I thought the yelling was bad, especially when they started yelling inappropriate words. Specifically "penis". I mean understand that's not really a BAD word but when you're in a public place...ehhh that was really uncomfortable for me.

And wow, if you had an insulating cosplay I don't blame you at all. That would've sucked for a day as hot as it was on Saturday!

Wow, I must be really deaf or something, but I didn't hear any of that. Not to mention the people calling you "Shrimp". You were taller than everyone but the Sasuke...

And I had three to four layers on that day, haha! I'm proof that it's survivable, if you take breaks every few hours, lol.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #364 on: May 25, 2009, 08:35:40 pm »
Hey does anyone know what happend to the sasuke and Agito from the picnic? they kinda have my cosplays.
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #365 on: May 25, 2009, 08:42:56 pm »
I don't know what happened to them afterwards, but the Agito posted in this thread earlier as CloudStrife32 and he was last logged in around 8:00 PM last night so you could probably PM him for a reply. Here's his profile:

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=4646

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2009, 03:20:38 pm »

Yeah I heard some odd things being said around people who were just passing through with their kids. I was worried someone like a mom or dad would like stop and give us attitude for it.
Like "Hey I'm here with my children, so cut it out!"
Being told by an adultlike that is....well makes me feel sad.
I could take heat, but Texans like me get grumpy when its that hot and I didnt want people to feel a negative attitude from me.

[/quote]

Wow, I must be really deaf or something, but I didn't hear any of that. Not to mention the people calling you "Shrimp". You were taller than everyone but the Sasuke...

And I had three to four layers on that day, haha! I'm proof that it's survivable, if you take breaks every few hours, lol.

[/quote]GREAT! Its a good trait to be able to survive hot weather! Especially during global warming. Oi vey.

Offline SirenMarina

• Catgirl
« Reply #367 on: May 26, 2009, 09:44:56 pm »
Is there anyone still checking this thread who was a part of Siren's group and went to see the penguins around 1:00 PM? A handful of us went ahead to the rose gardens, but we didn't see you guys later in the afternoon, what happened?
We never saw the penguins because chistine had to go home and we waited with her for her mom then went to the rose garden....too late
Kumo 2012:
Day1 America-APH (Day two?)
Day2 Karkat-HS (Day one?)
Day3 Barnaby Brooks-T&B

Offline SirenMarina

• Catgirl
« Reply #368 on: May 26, 2009, 09:55:51 pm »
-cough cough same here cough-
It was very rude to sing about our president
and I'm pretty sure we would have gotten kicked
out if it was louder and if that security guard
was there watching them sing...
so many people..so loud.
and some of us didn't want to connect with other
cosplayers. D:
Oh nonono the song wasn't about president obama it was about rufus from FF7 it's the drunken turks anthem srry if anyone was offended
Kumo 2012:
Day1 America-APH (Day two?)
Day2 Karkat-HS (Day one?)
Day3 Barnaby Brooks-T&B

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #369 on: May 28, 2009, 02:13:53 pm »
Here's MY 2cents, since I'm the one who organized this, I TRIED to get everyone to calm down. But as it dragged on I got more frustrated with everyone's behavior. There were a LOT of people who were complaing about our behavior. I was kinda relieved when we split, the group I had was very well behaved from my oppinion. Next event I hold I'm putting an age/amount of people restriction that way I don't have this problem again. And Normaly I'm good at holding events just there were 40+ people this time and was too much.

Other than that, [almost] everyone had fun? I agree with Nikki, a park type area is best.

Oh another thing, about moving so quickly, that was NOT my fault. I was trying to keep everyone togother. Sorry if any of you felt rushed, that wasn't my doing.
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #370 on: May 28, 2009, 03:15:26 pm »
Know you know what I go through. People don't seem to understand how aggravating this can be. There is ALWAYS someone complaining about something.

I kinda wish that no one would plan things so people would be more appreciative and stop acting like immature brats.

And the major events I have done have ad 60 + people, try controlling that many.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:16:31 pm by nikkiolie »

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #371 on: May 28, 2009, 05:30:39 pm »
.....O_O
Then I highly reccomend the choker chain. Heard they used that at the Boys and Girls club.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #372 on: May 28, 2009, 07:24:29 pm »
A real solution would help....but I am not sure what that is at the moment.

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #373 on: May 28, 2009, 08:33:54 pm »
Well I would ask my friend steffi, seeing as she has experience on controlling a large group of people, but she is busy. Working on projects that aint due for some time.
I will ask her tomorrow. But from me I honestly would never WANT to take on that kind of responsibilty. I stress easy.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #374 on: May 28, 2009, 08:45:14 pm »
Yeah I don't like it either. Hey maybe after a break I will want to arrange more meet-ups.

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #375 on: May 28, 2009, 09:00:21 pm »
You must have some darn good people skills.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #376 on: May 28, 2009, 09:07:02 pm »
Well for a while people looked up to me. I think some still do. That helps a lot. You need to gain respect first then they tend to listen. XD

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #377 on: May 28, 2009, 09:13:27 pm »
Very cool. But for me, still a bi stress issue. Managing to baby sit my two little sisters is enough for me. I must master the art of temper control first! I got it halfway down.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #378 on: May 28, 2009, 09:15:52 pm »
I used to have that issue as well. Being a psych major helps control myself. XD

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #379 on: May 28, 2009, 09:45:39 pm »
Excellent.
I used to be interested in that kind stuff but now its all about Military for me.

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #380 on: May 29, 2009, 03:24:30 pm »
The tea party is the last event that I'm holding for a while, I'm trying some things out with an age/size restriction and see if that helps any. Depending on how the tea party goes will help me determin how long I'm gunna hold off on events. I may not hold anything untill next year. But then again if things go well at the tea party I may hold off for a few months. I really need to get to work on my cosplays.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #381 on: May 29, 2009, 04:01:25 pm »
Good way to think about things. Eventually everyone who hosts things will be tired of dealing with that large group of people and we can have our own meet-up. Sadly the best way to do it is to figure out who is well behaved and only invite those people.

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #382 on: May 29, 2009, 04:06:43 pm »
That's my plan. To see who at this event is well behaved and go from there when I start planning again. =o= I see what you go through with such a large group Nikki, I take back anything I may have said about my being able to control such a large group. the zoo seriously felt like a school field trip with a bunch of first graders.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #383 on: May 29, 2009, 04:24:56 pm »
That's my plan. To see who at this event is well behaved and go from there when I start planning again. =o= I see what you go through with such a large group Nikki, I take back anything I may have said about my being able to control such a large group. the zoo seriously felt like a school field trip with a bunch of first graders.
Awww make us feel special.

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #384 on: May 29, 2009, 04:37:12 pm »
-;.;- Ha! You special? not... JK... maybe...
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #385 on: May 29, 2009, 04:46:40 pm »
XD yeah it would make some feel special and it would show others that they need to grow up if they want to hang out with some of us.

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #386 on: May 29, 2009, 05:33:40 pm »
Yeah, one of my biggest problems is the imature cosplayers, like most of the naruto cosplayers, granted there are a few [like my self] who cosplay from that series who are actualy mature about it. I generaly hate cosplaying mainstream anime, but this year I'm being draged into a Naruto cosplay. I never really was an imature brat about cosplaying my first year, but I was confronted by some older cosplayers who were particulary rude and said that my [KH1 Kairi] cosplay was underdone and I was bad for doing her. Granted they were nice enough not to yell but it made me realize that I need to be less of a brat about my cosplaying a popular character. I didn't realize untill after the con that they were Kairi haters, I saw them after the con and they kept giving me nasty looks so I confronted them about their rude behavior they said that and I quote [6 years ago] 'Kairi's a bitch, so your a bitch for cosplaying her. I can't believe that you'd stoop so low to cosplay a slut like her! You should never cosplay again!' But yeah, I cosplayed her again [KH2 school version] at Sakuracon in '06/'07 and got the same thing. That's when I nearly stoped coming to con's because of the imaturity levels of me cosplaying certain characters that are 'hated'.

I think I'm done ranting for now anyways. [my Kairi cosplay was perfectly done down to the pendant]
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #387 on: May 29, 2009, 09:32:28 pm »
wow that is unfortunate, you should rant in the peeve sections :P

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #388 on: May 29, 2009, 09:39:05 pm »
I should 8D
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #389 on: May 29, 2009, 09:42:48 pm »
ranting is good for the soul XD

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #390 on: May 29, 2009, 09:47:05 pm »
yes, yes it is XDD

Watching Hetalia and Chobits at the same time is very confusing XDD
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2009, 01:45:16 am »
I don't know how many of you are interested but I got a video up on YouTube with some moments I caught on my camera from the Zoo. I'll admit most of it is of the small group I hung around but I did my best to get a lot...but everyone was everywhere so it was hard and I just got what I saw first. Anyway, the Zoo part starts at 2:04 in the video, the first part of it is another trip myself and others went on in cosplay; feel free to look at that too if you want. Anyway here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUnA8czXOuI
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 02:11:08 am by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #392 on: May 30, 2009, 01:58:07 am »
I'll watch it later Romo~ I'm sewing my Japan Jacket right now =A=
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #393 on: May 30, 2009, 09:42:16 am »
Ranting is annoying. 'specially on youtube.
Yeah you dont like Obama who cares.
Global warming is real or aint real, deal with it.

Ranting about cosplay behavior is something else. But no less annoying.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #394 on: May 30, 2009, 09:44:50 am »
Um, I think we should move this conversation to the Convention Pet Peeves thread if we plan on continuing, we aren't exactly talking about the zoo meet anymore... Let's look forward to the tea party next month and try to make that meetup a nice and pleasant one! (^-^)/

• Sailor Scout
    • GaiaOnline
« Reply #395 on: May 30, 2009, 09:46:18 am »
NOOO! I WANNA DRAG THIS THING ON FOR AGES!.....meh. Bored now....

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #396 on: May 30, 2009, 11:59:47 am »
... we were talking about the zoo, and imature cosplayers
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #397 on: May 30, 2009, 12:01:02 pm »
Well it kinda turned into a discussion about immature cosplayers in general, not the ones at the zoo.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #398 on: May 30, 2009, 12:10:23 pm »
I have to agree with Sam, although I didn't think enough to post it. xD

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #399 on: May 30, 2009, 01:46:40 pm »
yeah... it did... Isn't that funny though? So I'm not taking such a large group to the zoo again o(=A = )o too much of a hassle
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS