Author Topic: korea pics  (Read 1161 times)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
korea pics
« on: March 17, 2009, 05:04:58 pm »
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/photos.php?id=649502650

http://melchizedek077.blogspot.com/

I need to write more bloggings, I was planing to blog as I went along but turns out I couldn't plug in my lappy to recharge.

Really liked learning about the Korean war.  It's something that both sides downplayed and isn't really taught about in school.  Even today we are feeling the results of that conflict.  Republic of korea never agreed to the armistist and the north/china knew they were beat.  The US / UN just wanted a quick way out.

I think the worst part is that younger people today in the south have NO connection to the north.  They don't want to reunify because the north is so impoverished the influx would ruin the south's economy. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:11:02 pm by melchizedek »
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: korea pics
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 10:11:01 pm »
sounds like you had lots o fun
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Re: korea pics
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 09:50:33 pm »
@melchizedek
the fact that Russians were a unspoken part of the conflict may have to do with pulling out.  US/UN didn't want have war with Russia.

As for not wanting to unite with the North, I think thats legit concern(after seeing what happen with Germany).  More likely, they would want to bring up the North's economy before uniting.  Though, there are some who think North's human right abuses are lies and think it must be better because its has a communist government...
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc