Author Topic: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya '09  (Read 57066 times)

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya '09
« on: February 28, 2009, 11:02:13 am »
Hey guys!  Haruhi here!  We've all kind of died from our original board (which split into two) so I made us a new one!  What are we doing for Kcon this year?  I know that lazy bum Kyonko is plotting a few things but what's official so far?  We're going to have a lot to do, that's for sure if all our ideas actually go through.

Here are some things we so far talked about doing:
- Dancing in the lobby (similar to Monday)
- Dancing in the park (if not the lobby?)
- The photoshoot (let's make it real this time)
- Interviews
- Scavengerhunt (goes along with interviews I suppose)
- The panel (what are we doing for that?)
- Gender Bending
- Who is going as who?

Stuff we're actually going to do:
- Dancing (dances to be posted later)
- Photoshoot
- Interviews

I guess we could actually do this thread under the 'plan your own adventure'.  Oh well, maybe we'll get some new cosplayers in the group.

DAYS AND HOUR OF ACTIVITIES TO BE ANNOUNCED

--

Who we have:
Kori123 - Haruhi/Haruki/Tsuruya
Oslapedo - Kyonko/Haruhi/RyokoItsuko
Pepsi*Gobbles - Mikuru
Anime_gurl - Mikuru
Poisee - Yuki
StarryShay - Yuki
Cassiopeia - Yuki
Danayoki - Yuki
Etchy - Kyon
iluvshijimi - Kyon
Rai180990648 - Game Mikuru
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:01:47 am by Kori123 »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya '09
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 01:12:47 pm »
The awesome Yuki you guys had last year, is she still in your group?
If not, I'd be more then happy to take the Nagato role. >:3

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 01:58:38 pm »
I heard about you and your Nagato role. 

She is still in the group but it might be like last year when she only hung out on the photoshoot day.  Lots more cosplay and groups to hang with you know.  Anyway, you're invited to be our Yuki for interviews if you want. 

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 02:04:22 pm »
I'm going to be Yuki as well. Gonna bring back the crappy costume but hopefully make it a little better. :'D
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 02:12:39 pm »
Lawlz, so we'll have three Yuki's?  XD  Any chance one of you wants to wear the bunny head phones?

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 07:12:04 pm »
We haven't decided date quite yet, that'll probably be later.  I was thinking about centering things around last year though.  Photo shoot and lobby dancing Monday, interviews on Sunday and random stuff on Saturday for those up to it.  But we'll discuss it later.

Any chance you Yuki's want to be variations of Yuki?  Concert Yuki, Vacation Yuki, Withc Yuki, Chibi Yuki, ect?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:16:02 pm by Kori123 »

oslapedo

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 08:54:08 pm »
I'm begrudingly in of course.

As Kyonko for my main, genderbend cosplay and as someone else for a normal TMoHS character. Maybe Emiri :D

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 09:01:20 pm »
Ew, I hates Emiri....

I'm doubling as Tsuruya whenever I can.  -sigh-  The curse of being Haurhi.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 12:53:42 am »
LOLOLOL.
Four Yuki's. x3
That might actually be cool.
We couls say that it was some alien power, or whatever.
Yuki clones.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 12:59:25 am »
Well in the Day of Sag. episode, Yuki's ship is full of Yuki clones.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 06:01:21 pm »
I'm doing Ryoko and Ryo most likely. ^~^

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 07:24:59 am »
I AM SO LAME. I'M ONLY DOING MIKURU. DX

Are we still doing a panel by chance?

And I love that there are so many Yuki's because last year we looked for one and it was SO HARD. : 3 Poading-chan is love.
I will ask her soon if she would still want to be in our group but she probably will since shes lovelovelove. BUT MORE THAN ONE YUKI IS LOVELOVELOVE :3
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 07:26:02 am by anime_gurl_123 »

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 07:41:31 am »
I'll only be Yuki for a little bit 'cause I have a bunch of other costumes planned too. :x
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 10:31:15 am »
Being just Mikuru is fine!  I may ended up doing just Haruhi XD  Last year I had a ton of cosplay planned and only wore them like...2% of the time. 

I think we are still doing the panel, in which case we should start planning it.

The more Yuki's the better.  I can to have a Haruhi fit that way X3

EDIT:  Wh00t!!  I got my Tsuruya wig today!  Now I'm trying to decide between the summer uniform or the maid outfit for her.  I'm uber pysched to be going as her even if just a while.  I'm learning all her songs and I think I might use her for the dances XD 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:47:27 am by Kori123 »

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 02:19:24 am »
I am double posting...

So apparently we lost both our Kyon and Itsuki (who doubled as Kyon) for the brigade.

I'm trying to talk my cousin into being and Itsuki and though we have a Kyonko, we still need a Kyon for...somethings.  Etchy said he'll still do Kyon for the photoshoot, so that's cool and all.  But we should get one for interviews and dance and such.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 04:13:45 pm »
Aww, okay.  Well if you do by chance get around to it, we'd love to have you. 

oslapedo

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 10:35:09 pm »
If someone loaned me their boys uniform or I magically had one I could be normal Kyon since I have a good wig for that. And I could even double as Itsuko! Or whatever :D

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 11:05:52 pm »
I think that's too much for you.  You are you after all...

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 03:59:32 pm »
EDIT:  Wh00t!!  I got my Tsuruya wig today!  Now I'm trying to decide between the summer uniform or the maid outfit for her.  I'm uber pysched to be going as her even if just a while.  I'm learning all her songs and I think I might use her for the dances XD 
Yay, that's so cool.
I think the Summer uniform might go better with what the rest of us are wearing, but both would be cute. :3

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 04:07:40 pm »
Yay, that's so cool.
I think the Summer uniform might go better with what the rest of us are wearing, but both would be cute. :3

I think I'm going to have her summer uniform and then wear the maid one for the dances XD

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 04:09:14 pm »
Oh, good idea. =D
At our panels, what exactly will we be doing?
(We should probably start planning.)

oslapedo

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 05:09:05 pm »
Whatever, I'm fine with just being Kyonko. And I'll probably do the maid outfit too!

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 07:26:49 pm »
I have no clue what to do for our panel aside from talking and dancing.  Maybe games or something?  Anyone have suggestions?

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 10:45:27 pm »
I was thinking a trivia game could be.  Or a like...jeopardy Haruhi-style XD

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 11:21:41 am »
We could.  I think if anything I'd make my own though so it'd be more Haruhi-themed looking.  But we'll see.  We could do a who wants to be a millionaire but instead of money you get pocky or manga or something TMoHS related.

oslapedo

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 11:46:58 pm »
Well, Colleen's giving up TMoHS so I guess I'll be Ryoko for sure now =D

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 12:14:19 am »
Hm, alright that's fine!  ^^

oslapedo

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 12:17:33 am »
It is fine, I'll finally be able to have a normal TMoHS cosplay now! I don't know if I'll be able to get the wig by the 11th though~

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 09:58:31 am »
That's fine.  They totally screwed up my Tsuruya wig!  I got home an dmy sister said it came in, but they sent me the wrong one.  Same style and size, which was great, but it was blonde and pink instead of green.  I'm sending it back so they can get me the other one, but it probably won't be by the 11th. 

oslapedo

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 11:30:36 pm »
Well then we'll just have to be old school with our Kyonko-Haruhi-ness!

Should we have a seperate photoshoot for normal TMoHS and genderbend TGoHS or... what should we do?

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 11:43:30 pm »
We probably should...but then I'd have to do Haruki...or I could be Ituski XD

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 03:31:37 pm »
ahoy there! Yuki, reporting for duty! I guess, since you guys are so awesome, I'll bring my costume and my witch stuff... and my naguitar... god, I have way too many props. I'll probably only be able to wear it for one day and even then, maybe not the whole day. If you can plan the photoshoot and the panel for the same day, it'd be much appreciated. I'll also be bringing along about... oh, about 7 other costumes, so I have to have time to wear them too... I'm insane, I know. I might have to axe plum, but oh well!

I'd be happy to join you guys for the panel/interviews etc. and of course carmell-ing and so on. Monday is probably the best day for me, since I'll be wearing my other costumes for the other days, probably. I guess saturday might work too, but I certainly can't do more than one day and, well, you have plenty of Yukis, so you probably don't need me that badly on all the days.
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009, 05:29:50 pm »
ahoy there! Yuki, reporting for duty! I guess, since you guys are so awesome, I'll bring my costume and my witch stuff... and my naguitar... god, I have way too many props. I'll probably only be able to wear it for one day and even then, maybe not the whole day. If you can plan the photoshoot and the panel for the same day, it'd be much appreciated. I'll also be bringing along about... oh, about 7 other costumes, so I have to have time to wear them too... I'm insane, I know. I might have to axe plum, but oh well!

I'd be happy to join you guys for the panel/interviews etc. and of course carmell-ing and so on. Monday is probably the best day for me, since I'll be wearing my other costumes for the other days, probably. I guess saturday might work too, but I certainly can't do more than one day and, well, you have plenty of Yukis, so you probably don't need me that badly on all the days.

Nice to hear from you again!!  I feel your costume pain.  I have so many planned I don't know when I'm going to fit them all in.  I'll have to make a schedule or something.

Anyway, we'd love to have you join us.  We're still deciding on days.  We were thinking Saturday for the photoshoot and panel but it's still in the air.  When we finally decide something we'll be sure to post it here.  Or I'll just leave you a message over MSN.  Whichever works.  Sahara, Nat and I are having a get together the weekend of Sakuracon (since none of us can go ;-; ) so we'll discuss that stuff then.

oslapedo

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2009, 07:54:37 pm »
Oh snap. That Enchanted Forest trip is going to be so fun 8D

And yay! You were such an amazing Yuki, Posiee-chan <333

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2009, 09:29:02 pm »
Was?  She still is an amazing Yuki XD

oslapedo

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 09:31:56 pm »
Duh! But she was especially amazing at KCon when I got to actually see her 83

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2009, 09:33:19 pm »
True true...

We'll have to hunt pictures down of Sakuracon if she goes as Yuki at all.

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 07:41:20 pm »
aww, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm franticly fixing up my costumes for Scon (4 days!!!!!) and it looks like Yuki'll be making the trip up to seattle with me. Whether or not I wear it, is a different question... I'm hoping to wear it for the precon and on saturday night, so maybe there'll be some pics. Oh, by the way, we totally did a photoshoot of Yuki in the snow when it snowed, if you want to see the pictures from that. A few of my friends took photos, so if you want to have a look, here's the link: http://crystal-kyogre.deviantart.com/gallery/#Cosplay-Snow-Shoot

Well, maybe the shoot and panel can be like... one right after the other I could fit it in on saturday, but it really depends. I'll have to pretty much only wear it for those two things anyway, so I guess maybe it could work.
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 08:09:52 pm »
aww, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm franticly fixing up my costumes for Scon (4 days!!!!!) and it looks like Yuki'll be making the trip up to seattle with me. Whether or not I wear it, is a different question... I'm hoping to wear it for the precon and on saturday night, so maybe there'll be some pics. Oh, by the way, we totally did a photoshoot of Yuki in the snow when it snowed, if you want to see the pictures from that. A few of my friends took photos, so if you want to have a look, here's the link: http://crystal-kyogre.deviantart.com/gallery/#Cosplay-Snow-Shoot

Well, maybe the shoot and panel can be like... one right after the other I could fit it in on saturday, but it really depends. I'll have to pretty much only wear it for those two things anyway, so I guess maybe it could work.

I love the snow pics!  I wanted to do a bunch of photoshoots in the snow here but I was away in NZ when we had any...  Maybe next year...

Yeah I'm trying to plan the panel and shoot at once.  Either the panel first then the shoot or other way around but we want to do them side by side for you and Etchy (if he does actually do it with us).  We really should start planning more before everyone's schedule's get full.  I know mine keeps getting more massive. >_<;;

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 06:13:00 pm »
*Blows the dust off of thread*

I'm gonna go as Mikuru from the (PSP? PS2?) game:

I found the costume and I have a wig in mind, but I have no idea how I can get the shoes. I can't sew, so making shoe/boot covers are out the window.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 11:39:07 pm »
That's amazing!  I've been wanting to do the game outfits a while now but I have too many things right now to even consider it anymore.

That's really cool you're doing Mikuru though!

As for shoes, I'd say just hunt down any pink colored boots or shoes in general.  In cosplay, shoe detail doens't matter very much since it's very very hard to find the perfect kind.  Like Kingdom hearts and such.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 09:31:55 pm »
That's amazing!  I've been wanting to do the game outfits a while now but I have too many things right now to even consider it anymore.

That's really cool you're doing Mikuru though!

As for shoes, I'd say just hunt down any pink colored boots or shoes in general.  In cosplay, shoe detail doesn't matter very much since it's very very hard to find the perfect kind.  Like Kingdom hearts and such.

...Kingdom Hearts?
Being good with cosplay is perfecting even the slightest of details. I've seen people make perfect KH shoes before.
Anyway.

I would say buy a pair of white ankle boots (Cosworx.com) and spray paint them orange, then hot glue a yellow bow to it. They have spray paint and bows at Wal Mart.

Details are very important but sometimes shoes are difficult.  With kingdom hears it's the size thing.  You can find the shoes but they're more difficult to move around in and such.  Trust me, I have some.  They look cool and are comfortable and everything but they're a pain to walk or run in.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 04:09:05 pm »
It looks like all of the main characters are taken except for Itsuki, but my face isn't suited to be him >.<
If you're still looking for members, I can pull off Kunikida. You know, Kyon's friend who's NOT Taniguchi lol.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2009, 07:15:44 pm »
Danayoki: That's true.  I'm making gothic styled boots of Sora's shoes for a cosplay I'm doing in a few months.  That should be interesting to do.

iluvshijimi:  We need all the guys actually.  We lost our Itsuki and Kyon and never had the others.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2009, 08:47:28 pm »
Wow, really? Count me in for Kyon then. Won't look as good as my Kunikida, but I always wanted to be Kyon xD
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:41:51 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2009, 05:12:35 am »
Yeah we have a Kyon but he's only going to show for the photoshoot.  We need a Kyon for everything else though.  Badly.  I was worried we wouldn't find one and now-!  Tada!  I need to update our list...

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2009, 07:37:21 am »
Yay! <333

Why isn't Kyon going to dance as well? :( If you have a Kyon for the photoshoot, I can bring another wig and still be Kunikida for the photoshoot if that helps? The only difference is I have to wear platforms for Kyon because I'm short xD

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2009, 02:47:51 pm »
Lawlz XD

Yeah, we have Bryce but he's doing mostly pokemon for Kcon this year -shoots- and ditching us for a new group.  He said he might go to the photoshoot but that's it.  If you want to double as Kunikida, that would be great.  I'm also doubling as Tsuruya.  I have me a stunt double for when I do X3

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2009, 03:10:42 pm »
first off- bryce is lame for ditching you for pokemon... but I'm biased, because I hate pokemon...

secondly, I'm back from s-con! actaully... I have been for like... three weeks. Anyway, I only ended up wearing Yuki on the precon day and there's a total of one picture of me... and I'm in the background of it XD. at any rate, I'm looking forward to wearing it for K-con and will hopefully be able to devote more time to it, since I'm planning to retire it from cons after this one... It'd be nice to go out with an epic bang, you know? (and I know that came out wrong, but I'm leaving it for humorosity's sake...)

So, any new plans for k-con?
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2009, 03:37:07 pm »
I like pokemon and it's still lame.  XD  Oh well, we can beat him when we see him there.

I wanted to go to Sakuracon so bad but I was suppose to be in New Zealand during it.  Stupid ticket changes...  I know what you mean though.  I did the same thing with my Tohru Honda cosplay AoD '06.  We did a massive group fruits basket cosplay to retire our costumes.  It was a lot of fun but kind of sad. 

What plans do we have...?

We're trying to decide times and days for the photo shoot, panel and interviews.  My friends and I are planning to do a seperate panel that's a cosplay concert.  We cosplay characters and sing and dance to a few japanese songs.  It's much cooler than it sounds XD  We've been practicing like crazy for it.