Author Topic: Trying for massive otaku/gamer wild waves meet up (near tacoma,wa) (need votes)  (Read 2542 times)

Offline BeatZero

• Oni
cross posted to the SCMB forums and gonna post to the AE and kumori con forums too.

Ok, so lets talk. the last few meets have turned up attendees for the meets, but not the numbers i like, i like a meet to have 30+ members, and lets face it the last few years have been everything but that :/ so! i digress. What are the best times, how should we go about this and what plans can we make before and after the wild waves meet? (think along the lines of places to eat or just chill in the early morning dew ;P) taking suggestions, will start a poll once i get an idea of what dates are the best match for all, lets try BEFORE august 20th.

(also keep in mind folks, i know some people are not comfortable with the whole shorts/bikini combo. wild waves is pretty lax with dress code as long as your not jumping in the pool with a tux and such, kacki shorts can even fly) (also remember some of us do not have the money/time to do a sit down place, lets aim for a place that costs less then $7 a meal)

2nd note: Verdant Hero is my equal ally in this awesome gathering, so we will be collaborating this meet and try to get it massive, no promises, but it's my wish to see this meet rise from the ashes one last time as a huge party for all of us and possibly for new people to meet

Friday june 26th
Saturday June 27th
Sunday June 28th (sundays not the best idea, less hours and such :x)

Friday July 10th
Saturday july 11th
Sunday july 12th

Friday July 17th
Saturday july 18th
Sunday July 19th

Friday July 24th
Saturday July 25th
Sunday July 26th

Friday July 31st
Saturday August 1st
Sunday August 2nd

Friday August 7th
Saturday August 8th
Sunday August 9th

Friday August 14th
Saturday August 15th
Sunday August 16th

Friday August 21st
Saturday August 22nd
Sunday August 23rd

vote for the best 2 that work for you

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
I go to Wild Waves at least a few couple times every summer. It's a shame, but weekends are the WORST time to go! That's when everyone has their days off and everyone decides to go. Eating might be a better option than going on the rides, but good luck finding a cheap place inside.
The biggest drawback to going on weekends is that everyone is going on the rides at once, and that's what WW is all about. By the time you get to the top of the slide, you're completely dry and the freezing water takes a certain amount of joy out of the short ride down. Also a lot of time is spent just in line (even the dry rides), and the park is hours are so short when you're having so much fun!

So it would be a thought to consider Sundays - Thursdays an option. You never know, a lot of people might actually have those days off, or they're just not working.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
July 25th and August 15th.

I would only go if I could get a ride though.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline BeatZero

• Oni
I go to Wild Waves at least a few couple times every summer. It's a shame, but weekends are the WORST time to go! That's when everyone has their days off and everyone decides to go. Eating might be a better option than going on the rides, but good luck finding a cheap place inside.
The biggest drawback to going on weekends is that everyone is going on the rides at once, and that's what WW is all about. By the time you get to the top of the slide, you're completely dry and the freezing water takes a certain amount of joy out of the short ride down. Also a lot of time is spent just in line (even the dry rides), and the park is hours are so short when you're having so much fun!

So it would be a thought to consider Sundays - Thursdays an option. You never know, a lot of people might actually have those days off, or they're just not working.

then suggest what works best for ye mate, i do take suggestions :P

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Any time I can get a ride there and back and I don't have plans works for me.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>