Author Topic: kumoricon Wedding.  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Lanime08

• Cabbit
    • Tsubaki RP account on Tumblr.
kumoricon Wedding.
« on: December 06, 2008, 01:02:18 pm »
so i have been going to Kumoricon the last 3 times and i love it.
i have a boyfriend who wants to marry me. i suggested that we wait till im 21 in 2011 and he agrees. we also would like to do a cosplay themed wedding (we're thinking death note or FMA right now) where me and him and the minister and our best man and maid of honor all cosplay.
because of that, i came up with the idea of having it at Kumoricon... he isnt so crazy about the idea because we would probably have to pay for all the guests tickets to get INTO kumoricon. and we are poor... havnt even pre registered for this years con yet!
so i was wondering if anyone could tell me who i can contact to try and make these arrangements in 2011 and i was wondering if anyone knew where kumoricon would be held at in 2011... it would be nice if its a place with a big courtyard or something lol.
thx ;D ;D ;D :-*
Planed cosplay for 2012:
Tsubaki Nakatsukasa [In Spartoi from Soul Eater Manga]
Fem!Excalibur [From Soul Eater]

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: kumoricon Wedding.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 04:59:53 pm »
I don't think you'd have to pay for everyone's registration because you wouldn't be the ones renting out the hotel. it's a pretty cool idea I guess. the whole cosplay idea is cool too and fans would be freaking out(in a good way hopefully) and then they'd freak even more to find it to be a real wedding. I don't think anyone might know where it's going to be in 2011. that's about 2 years away. sorry I don't know to much about weddings and I'm not apart of staff so I wouldn't know how to help you much.

ya know it's weird. my friend and I were planning on having a fake wedding every year dressed at a popular couple for fan service and fun.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 05:28:43 pm »
You could do it as a panel, talk to jaki maybe about getting live events room for a wedding?
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:42:09 pm »
Honestly Talk to Jaki. Or Jamichie, on the fourms. (same person  :))

I know that Sakuracon had a real wedding as part of the cosplay panel. I dont know if they would make you pay for your parents/family/friends registraton if they are just going to the wedding. You might, or you might want to just do a simple Kumoricon wedding in the cosplay show and do a larger "family" wedding outside in the park. (that is if we have a park in 2011)

First and foremost, get a hold of Jaki. She approves the entire content of the convention, Programming Director and all. She will lead you from there.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 05:43:01 pm by Deviant Spider »
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 06:34:56 pm »
chris and i though of doing a pannel of this but planning our wedding kinda pushed it out the door
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 08:21:51 pm »
I would love to see a wedding. Congratulations and what not ^_^

Offline Lanime08

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 09:18:38 pm »
wow ok well thanks everyone.
ill talk to Jaki, hopefully i can get (her?) email, that would be easier.
oh man we havnt made ANY plans yet. cept if we do a death note theme... my hunny will be L and i will be -caugh caugh- Light. lol. and if its an FMA theme then i will be Hawkeye and he will be Roy. lol. i kinda like doing the yaoi couple thing tho lol. like maybe yuki and shuichi (cuz i REALLY dont want him bare foot in jeans as L)
anyone else got any ideas would help too. (something not too expensive to make the constumes, like anything final fantasy or kingdom hearts, tho i luv them.hmmm.... sora and roxas.... roxas and axel....no! lol im getting to many ideas lol)
thx again!
Planed cosplay for 2012:

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 01:37:38 pm »
Jaki (yes female)

programming@kumoricon.org
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:47:25 pm by Deviant Spider »
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Lanime08

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 09:08:31 pm »
oh lol well i emailed her personal email. havnt gotten anything back yet tho.
Planed cosplay for 2012:

Offline Lanime08

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 03:12:06 pm »
she never wrote me back. and this is my last day in town with the internet. so ill be back on the 21st... tho the net may be gone then. crud... well. how about this. i dont get free minutes but i get free texting. anyone can text me at anytimewith any kind of plans or contributions. so... im not sure if this is a good idea but what ev. 971-570-2342. please no one text me to bug me or whatever, and please tell me who you are in your text. thank you very much everyone for your help.
Planed cosplay for 2012:

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 03:56:46 pm »
Sorry I missed talking to you (I didn't get your e-mail, and I've been away from the forums for a bit).

For 2009 and 2010, we will be at the Downtown Hilton.. we don't have a location for 2011 as of yet.  Also, you will need to talk to the programming director for that year ;)

That said... if you want to try e-mailing me again (programming@kumoricon.org) to bounce some ideas, we can talk about what will and won't work as part of the con setting.  Example - food is always an issue.  I remember when Sak did the cosplay wedding.. it's a fun idea, we can see about making it work for you.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 09:20:43 pm »
aaaaaaw thats so cute ^_^ it would be so cool if you guys could do that. I wish the best of luck for you two ^_^

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 09:27:33 pm »
oh my, for the first few years of anime conventions, it always felt like was I in the present for a wedding or a marriage proposal.

it be fun to see I think either way.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 01:47:06 pm »
Good luck on the wedding idea!! It would be awesome if you did a Princess Serenity inspired dress from Sailor Moon <3