Author Topic: I'm sure it's asked a lot, but... [Hige Collars]  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Memoryless

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
I'm sure it's asked a lot, but... [Hige Collars]
« on: January 22, 2009, 12:15:28 am »
So if all goes well I will be attending my first anime convention this year in September [K-con.<3]
I have never before made a costume, though the characters I've decided on are relatively simple. However, I've been googling for several months and haven't been able to find a place where I could either purchase a collar like Hige's [Wolf's Rain], or get the instructions on how to make one.

tl;dr -- Does anyone know where I could find either an affordable Hige collar or the instructions on how to make one?

Thank you so much~ :3

Well...
When tweetle beetles fight, it's called a tweetle beetle battle.
And when they battle in a puddle, it's called a tweetle beetle puddle battle.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: I'm sure it's asked a lot, but... [Hige Collars]
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 07:12:05 am »
I would say just buy a leather one and attach the metal part yourself. You could make the metal part out of cardboard or plastic and paint it silver.

Offline Memoryless

• Cabbit
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 01:15:44 am »
I would say just buy a leather one and attach the metal part yourself. You could make the metal part out of cardboard or plastic and paint it silver.

Hm, I don't know about plastic [no idea how to work with such a material D;] but cardboard maybe. Then the only issue would be finding a suitable collar, though it probably wouldn't be too difficult to fashion one from a small leather belt, haha.

Thank you.:3

Well...
When tweetle beetles fight, it's called a tweetle beetle battle.
And when they battle in a puddle, it's called a tweetle beetle puddle battle.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 09:13:08 am »
I'm sure you could find a collar like that at most pet stores. Its about an inch wide? Plain leather, I'm sure they have it lots of places.