Author Topic: D. Gray Man 09'  (Read 55423 times)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: D. Gray Man 09'
« Reply #450 on: May 23, 2009, 11:33:23 am »
YOU.

YOU. DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT DO IT NOW.

My god, the sheer lulz that could be created...

Thinking of starting Maria's BJD arm today, gawd willing I finish my FST homework first.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #451 on: May 23, 2009, 03:17:18 pm »
Haha xD Well as of right now only one of my costumes are in stone on a day to not change. I dislike changing at cons.

Richie, you can't wear it more comfortably without the stilts for a few hours?? It sort of seems like a waste to have such a good cool costume and only wear it for an hour..
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #452 on: May 23, 2009, 05:19:33 pm »
Well I ain't got the bottom skirt put together yet, so I don't know how comfortable it's gonna be. I can tell ye right now that my left arm will be annoying as hell after a while, and I'm just kinda afraid otherwise of the top flopping open despite the massive amounts of dress tape I'll use to hold it shut.

Not to mention limited visibility and ability to breathe. But if my Cross and Lavi make a fuss about it I'll prolly be able to just stand really still for them.

And I started my arm. My fingers know the burn of Wonderflex once again, but otherwise so far it looks pretty win.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #453 on: May 25, 2009, 10:18:29 am »
So I need help. I found three good Road cosplays on eBay but I can't choose between them. Some of them include more of the outfit but cost more and some cost alot less but don't include much. And some of them just look better than the others. So yeah, help?

Costs $74.99(including shipping) and includes the Top, Skirt, Red & Black bow ties, and the Stockings
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAXS:IT&item=270377955882

Costs $66.99 (including shipping) and includes the Top, Skirt, and the Ribbon
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAXS:IT&item=250407437162

Costs $85.00 (including shipping) and includes the Shirt, Skirt, and Ribbon
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAXS:IT&item=170327579513

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #454 on: May 25, 2009, 03:29:21 pm »
So I need help. I found three good Road cosplays on eBay but I can't choose between them. Some of them include more of the outfit but cost more and some cost alot less but don't include much. And some of them just look better than the others. So yeah, help?

Costs $74.99(including shipping) and includes the Top, Skirt, Red & Black bow ties, and the Stockings
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAXS:IT&item=270377955882

Costs $66.99 (including shipping) and includes the Top, Skirt, and the Ribbon
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAXS:IT&item=250407437162

Costs $85.00 (including shipping) and includes the Shirt, Skirt, and Ribbon
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAXS:IT&item=170327579513
I would go for the one in the one in the first link. The ribbon more accurately matches most of the pictures of the character and you wouldn't need to go get stockings after that. It looks well made as well. That's just my opinion though... Still, hope it helps!
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #455 on: May 25, 2009, 04:34:53 pm »
I agree. The one in the first link looks a lot better. And honestly, the second two look identical like they're from the same pattern/maker and don't look as good of quality.
Kumori'15

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #456 on: May 25, 2009, 05:59:00 pm »
Whatever floats your boat. Just don't expect the same quality as in the pictures in the costume that you get. I've learned that the hard way.

oslapedo

« Reply #457 on: May 25, 2009, 06:10:31 pm »
Don't mind me but I think Road's outfit isn't worth $66-$85. It's a white shirt, a black skirt, and ribbon. We could easily make that for way cheaper~

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #458 on: May 25, 2009, 09:29:48 pm »
I like the first one, too. Good choice, guys. Thanks for the help. And Sahara, neither of us can make cosplay yet so for now this is what I've got. 8D

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #459 on: May 28, 2009, 04:17:42 am »
Moving on, should we be thinking for a time to have our photoshoot? Since the first day's Saturday, that means a lot'll be happening Sat & Sunday this year.. We could aim for Monday?
Kumori'15

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #460 on: May 28, 2009, 08:09:23 am »
As I've said before, I won't be able to attend as Grave of Maria if it's not around the Cosplay Contest. I've just finished my arm thingie, and it's a little... Intersting to wear. As in my arm gets stuck in it rather often, though I think I've fixed that problem.

Y'all don't have to have me there if y'all don't want me there because of scheduling issues. But still, wouldn't it be nice to have the photoshoot on one of the busier days so as to have more publicity for the thing? I mean really, what's the point of getting together on Monday if it's only gonna be three of us and one photographer?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #461 on: May 28, 2009, 03:47:18 pm »
Good point. I'm not in stone to be Allen *at* the photoshoot, since my other two days are pretty much taken.

We could maybe have two shoots if needed for people? One the first day, or the cosplay contest day- which supposedly is the second?- and one on the last day perhaps?
Kumori'15

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #462 on: June 22, 2009, 08:27:32 pm »
Just curious on how people's costumes going, since no one's posted in a looong while.

Mine's going pretty well. I'm still stumped on how to trim up the bangs on my Allen wig, but other than that it's fine. I'm also wondering if I really want to wear the lolita dress or not x_x I could wear his 1st uni since I have it, but I don't have the boots- and I know I won't for a loooong while.
Kumori'15

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #463 on: June 24, 2009, 08:33:21 pm »
I'm also being Allen Walker, and my friend (Tara) is being Lavi.

Are we going to have a photoshoot for D. Grey man?
If we are, then can we please have it on the 2nd day?
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2009, 03:16:02 am »
There's a lot happening the 2nd day, but maybe we could leave it to votes to see who all wants it when.

There is hopefully a photoshoot for this group, but nothing's been planned yet x_x
Kumori'15

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #465 on: July 05, 2009, 08:44:22 pm »

I WILL be Kanda this time. I dont have his uniform, but its overdone anyway. I just have one of his 'normal' outfit.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #466 on: July 05, 2009, 09:40:12 pm »
At the moment I'm rooting for Sunday. That way I can be Grave of Maria.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #467 on: July 08, 2009, 11:56:13 pm »
I've heard several votes for it being sunday, but a lot aren't responding to this thread anymore T-T Are people just not gonna do DGM a lot? Surprising..
Kumori'15

Offline PaperShredderchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #468 on: July 09, 2009, 10:29:22 pm »
Oh! I'm cosplaying 2nd uniform Lavi, 1st uniform Komui, and I might cosplay the innocence box Allen
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:32:40 pm by PaperShredderchan »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #469 on: July 10, 2009, 01:37:37 am »
Holy cow, Paper! Think you've got enough?! oO; Or are you doing more too????
Kumori'15

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #470 on: July 10, 2009, 10:57:37 am »
lol, no, that's it X3

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #471 on: July 12, 2009, 06:32:50 am »
lol Okay then! XD

Well, I'm guessing we want it for Saturday? *hmm* Maybe we should have it both Sat & Sunday, since this year Saturday's the first day... Plus, I'm aware of other 'big' shoots happening Saturday- not that that effects me- I'll get to it if times don't overrun each other.
Kumori'15

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #472 on: July 12, 2009, 11:09:37 am »
Saturday and Sunday please.  Ive been waiting for my Kanda costume for TWO years. I finally got one and missed BOTH photo shoots at Fanime. Thats NOT happening again *choking on own rage*

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #473 on: July 12, 2009, 12:28:56 pm »
Yeah, I think it would be good to have it two days in case somebody can't make it to one ^^

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #474 on: July 12, 2009, 06:18:39 pm »
I have three DGM costumes and two photoshoots to wear them to.

Okay, Lenalee is right out for one of them. I've already worn her to a photoshoot and quite frankly around normal people I look pretty silly because Lenalee is supposed to be short and I most certainly am not. So Deke for the Saturday one and Maria for the Sunday one it is.

If anyone wants to be mind controlled!Lavi with me, I'm game. We'll need a Road too, but that shouldn't be too hard.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #475 on: July 12, 2009, 06:26:03 pm »
My friend is trying to get a Road cosplay, but she bailed on me last year, so I can't guarantee she'll be coming T_T

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2009, 10:58:47 am »
Sounds good =3

Maybe we can start thinking up times... It's not easy when the schedule isn't out X_x; Curse you big events.
Kumori'15

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #477 on: July 17, 2009, 01:23:09 pm »
I keep forgetting to make a post in this thread, and it's less than two months away from con time. D: [Oh hai, Lt.!]

I'll be Kanda in 2nd uniform [again... my plans for making a 1st uniform and/or a shirtless!Kanda are slowly dying..] and maybe a semi-formal!Kanda. I've also been considering doing a "zombie"!Kanda--you know, when Road was Lavi under control, surrounded by dead Exorcists, etc... Lt, you know what I'm talking about. But I'm not exactly sure how that would differ from a regular 2nd uniform, other than acting brain-dead and moaning a lot, if that.

We also have a Miranda in 2nd uniform [maybe also in formal and/or pre-Exorcist], and maybe a Lavi [1st uniform] and an Allen [pre-Exorcist]. I'll have to check if the last two are still up for doing DGm cosplay..... but they're probably abandoning us. D<

I also vote for both days, but we all know there will be more than two shoots in the end. XD Another night photoshoot would be nice, for those with light-up props and for those who well, just like night shoots, but that definitely doesn't have to be an official shoot.
Kumori Con '08 :
Kanda [2nd uniform] - D.Gray-man
[possibly] some Star Trek character

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #478 on: July 21, 2009, 04:20:21 am »
 :'( Awwwww it's not fun to be abandoned!!!!

I'm starting to think two days should be perfect, but it's hard to guess how many are thinking about going since this thread's so oddly inactive ._.; (I'mma blame kuroshitsuji, cause it's easy to XD; jk)
Kumori'15

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #479 on: July 24, 2009, 01:28:48 pm »
:'( Awwwww it's not fun to be abandoned!!!!

I'm starting to think two days should be perfect, but it's hard to guess how many are thinking about going since this thread's so oddly inactive ._.; (I'mma blame kuroshitsuji, cause it's easy to XD; jk)

Good point; who IS still going??

>Tempts former D.Gray-man fans with promise of next month's special release<
Kumori Con '08 :

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #480 on: July 24, 2009, 01:49:48 pm »
That's a good question....

I'm going. I -hopefully- will have the Tim plushie my friend's making for me. I told her if she got it to me by the convention, I'd try as hard as possible to go to the one up by her XD; If I don't have the plushie Tim, I'll be taking my styrofoam Tim, which is hard to balance and the tail could break xD

Speaking of it, the... odd Lolita Allen that I'm doing... I finished the hat. The flower thing I was going to do, was taking too much problems to get it to stay/look right. So I made a hat out of spare fabric, cardboard from a pizza box (including the piece the pizza was on), and some plastic flowers XD What do you think? It look ok?
Kumori'15

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #481 on: July 25, 2009, 11:08:24 am »
Oh man.

That looks so awesome. D: I can't wait to see it....

Did anyone have any times in mind..? I don't know what everyone else is doing.. so are there any times we CAN'T do our photoshoot?
Kumori Con '08 :

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #482 on: July 25, 2009, 12:20:38 pm »
*checks the photoshoot thread* @.@ Well I personally am gonna be probably like a pingpong ball on Saturday...

Sunday, not at 1pm cause that's the KH shoot for me, would work. And any time on Monday (which is the day I'll be in Allen). Both those days look free. The problem with at least Sunday is that since the schedule isn't out yet, the big events might clash @.@ *stabs people* Give us the schedule!

But that's my opinion. Some people will try to go to the photoshoots even if they clash with the events, but some will go to the events over that... *shrug*
Kumori'15

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #483 on: July 26, 2009, 11:57:26 am »
Blarg, I hate scheduling around the events. D:

I'm free whenever, because.. I'm a lazy cosplayer, and DGM is the only thing I know that I'm doing. :Db

But if anyone remembers what days and times they usually have the large events, that would be great. I think I would skip most of the events for a 'shoot, but it depends. We should try to schedule around the most popular [especially cosplay chess and skits, and Guest panels and interviews] and try to get around the much-loved ones too [like Slightly Anime Dating Game]. So, does anyone remember what times those usually are? Because I have no idea. D: Except that the Dating Game is likely more night-time, and Chess and Skits are probably more noon-ish?
Kumori Con '08 :

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #484 on: July 26, 2009, 01:37:09 pm »
Haha, I guess I lied! I just got another dgm cosplay! XD lol, so now I'm going to have at least three, maybe four. I found this weird thing at some store that was like a strapless top and a pair of shorts sewn together, at first I was all wtf O_O, but then I realized it looked like the outfit Lenalee wears in the ark, and it was only $10, so I bought it! XD

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #485 on: July 26, 2009, 07:45:10 pm »
ROFL Nice, very nice, Paper  ;D

Yeah main events scare me. I'm not sure about the skits... Usually in years past they're between 3 & 5pm, but Sakuracon decided to throw it at like 11am.. I dunno if Kumori'll follow suit or not. Then the masquerade is as night time, usually like 7pm or so. And yeah, chess is usually around noon. But the skits are -usually- day #2, which would be Sunday. It's hard to tell.

I don't think I can skip out on the Ranger panel or the dodgeball- if we get to have that- whenever those are. I really need the schedule before I offer up any times for Sunday. I think we should try to have one on Sun & Monday- if we have enough people.
Kumori'15

Offline Nisha

• Cabbit
« Reply #486 on: July 28, 2009, 11:56:19 am »
I don't like knowing things. D: But I think at this point we'll have to guesstimate our photoshoot times; I don't remember the schedule ever being released when we have to schedule these things.

It would be nice if other people could contribute to this, so we know when other people will be free..

Do you know if the 'shoots are allowed to overlap? So far I don't think any are.. but it's a large area this time, so it's not like we'll be stepping on each others' toes trying to get everyone together.

Would earlier in the day work, or more like afternoon-evening?
Kumori Con '08 :

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2009, 07:15:35 pm »
Well, I'm not sure exactly either... x_x I wish more would contribute too!

Shoots are allowed to overlap, cause they're cosplayer-run events after all. But usually people try for them not to incase someone needs to change or something.
Kumori'15

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2009, 09:35:25 pm »
Haha, I guess I lied! I just got another dgm cosplay! XD lol, so now I'm going to have at least three, maybe four. I found this weird thing at some store that was like a strapless top and a pair of shorts sewn together, at first I was all wtf O_O, but then I realized it looked like the outfit Lenalee wears in the ark, and it was only $10, so I bought it! XD

i found the same thing at in my town like 2 months ago. XD we'll have to be twins.
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #489 on: July 29, 2009, 10:55:45 pm »
Good lord, some of you guys have so many costumes. I don't think I could possibly bring that many costumes to one convention. ^_^; though I'm not really one to talk, since I have three DGM cosplays and one Kingdom Hearts one.

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #490 on: July 30, 2009, 09:09:10 am »
franctily rushing back to your hotel room, while ur already half out of your costume to change into your other one for a event only 5 mintues from starting is half the fun! :D
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #491 on: July 30, 2009, 01:34:41 pm »
XD AgehaIX -does- have a point.

I'm tempted to take my 1st uni coat and somehow have it balanced on my shoulders during the con as a type of cape thing since i cant figure out how to make the belt work x_x i'll have to safety pin it in the back a lot probably...
Kumori'15

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #492 on: July 30, 2009, 10:47:54 pm »
I'm almost done with Jasdero you guys. -sparkly eyes-

I feel so good about this. :3 I hope all your guy's D.Gray Man cosplay endeavors are going well. ^_^

da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #493 on: July 30, 2009, 10:49:38 pm »

i found the same thing at in my town like 2 months ago. XD we'll have to be twins.
Yay! Twins! Haha, we'll have to plan it out and wear it at the same time! XD

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #494 on: July 31, 2009, 03:44:27 am »
Gha~! Ive neglected mah own thread. > o <;;
I see weve got in some new peoples. : O Thats good. : D

@Tessa:
Good job! x D I'm so close to being done with Debitto. ; 3 ;
Dero just needs to cut mah hair and then I only has to get fur and a jacket. : D
Oh and I needs to give chuu your gun....And start on your headband thingy. O-o;
Ok maybe I have more then I thought. -3-
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #495 on: July 31, 2009, 03:49:50 am »
new is always nice. ^_^

@sam
lol XD but my stuff doesn't count as debit. do you still have the stuff for the headband? :< because if I not I have some red. :/ I just need rings and a puffer's ball.
da/tumblr

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #496 on: July 31, 2009, 03:55:18 am »
I should probably read all of it and then post the new list thingy of whos doing who. ; 3 ;

@Tessa:
; 3 ; Sure it does....Dero and Debit are OOONNNNE *looks all creepy like* :'D Lawl.
Yush. I has only the red stuff too. I Cant find any rings anywere.
Maybe we can look at Fabric Depot when you get some time off for the puffer ball and rings. > o >
And I found a new way to make our skin gray without blinding outselfs with Paint. xD
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #497 on: July 31, 2009, 03:56:29 am »
That...might take forever. X_X

@sam
okay that's good. tell me when;I has lots of coupons. 030
what...new way is this?
da/tumblr

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #498 on: July 31, 2009, 04:02:01 am »
Yeah....Probably will. x D But I have all night I got my epic 4 hours of sleep and about 3 cups of coffee in me. x D

@Tessa: Screw that were the only DGM people posting right now. x D
Whoo~! We can figure it out when we go swimming. : 3
A really epic Road used Mehron's creme stick and foundation power in light gray. : D And it came out all epic-like
Here she is: http://wscosplay.broken-canvas.net/roadcostume.html
The skin looks pretty natural and if they have light gray maybe we could get a medium gray. : D
~Sakuracon 2016

Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #499 on: July 31, 2009, 04:05:13 am »
SWIMMING!! yeah!

ooh that actually looks really good. how much would it cost?
da/tumblr