Author Topic: Axis Powers Hetalia! 09  (Read 274967 times)

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Re: Axis Powers Hetalia! 09
« Reply #1750 on: July 20, 2009, 04:15:37 am »
Sweet, Pioneer Square/Mall! That sounds like so much fun, I'm already really excited x)

Hahaha, well I totally want to make a bird mask modeled off the Prussian flag even if masks aren't required, if just because it would be AWESOME to have and pretty flippin' sweet to make.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1751 on: July 20, 2009, 04:21:26 pm »
Sweet, Pioneer Square/Mall! That sounds like so much fun, I'm already really excited x)

Hahaha, well I totally want to make a bird mask modeled off the Prussian flag even if masks aren't required, if just because it would be AWESOME to have and pretty flippin' sweet to make.
That. Would be so cool. How would you make it?
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Mewithe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1752 on: July 21, 2009, 12:22:58 pm »
:D Demy and I have had to change cosplays, due to time and moneys. So we're not doing RevWar America/England anymore. D; Demy's being regular America and Fem!England, and I'm being regular England (if we ever get started on that...) and Fem!America.
Haha, yes it is confusing. :D
And we don't know which cosplays will be photoshoot or potluck, 'cause we don't plan ahead like that. xD But it's a safe bet that one of us will be America, and the other will be England. :D
Cosplays (at the moment):
England
PJ!Canada
Fem!America

Offline demytasse

• Chibi
« Reply #1753 on: July 21, 2009, 12:25:08 pm »
:D Demy and I have had to change cosplays, due to time and moneys. So we're not doing RevWar America/England anymore. D; Demy's being regular America and Fem!England, and I'm being regular England (if we ever get started on that...) and Fem!America.
And we don't know which cosplays will be photoshoot or potluck, 'cause we don't plan ahead like that. xD But it's a safe bet that one of us will be America, and the other will be England. :D
We'll get started on it!! Don't be so impatient! I had to move!!! DDDD8

Offline Mewithe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1754 on: July 21, 2009, 12:29:54 pm »
We'll get started on it!! Don't be so impatient! I had to move!!! DDDD8
xD I swear it's like if there's one of us, the other will follow...

But I am impatient! D: Getting down to a month~. At least Fem!America is easy to pull off.
England
PJ!Canada
Fem!America

Offline demytasse

• Chibi
« Reply #1755 on: July 21, 2009, 12:47:35 pm »
But I am impatient! D: Getting down to a month~.
WELL TOUGH!!!! DDDDDD8

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1756 on: July 21, 2009, 04:29:43 pm »
I'm Demy!!! I like exclamation points!!!
ilu.

Kay, I'll change your country-thingies to regular America and England in the unknowing-color.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #1757 on: July 21, 2009, 07:00:52 pm »
Erm.. wheres pioneer square/mall o.o?
KC '16 Cosplays:
Sweden [APH] - Nearly Done
Germany [APH] - Uncertain
Modern Day Russia [APH] - Done
Lolita - Done

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1758 on: July 21, 2009, 07:18:39 pm »

That. Would be so cool. How would you make it?

Well I was thinking papier mache as a base, but I was just at Michael's (I'm making like a zillion Hetalia phone charms to sell for the con so I had to get clay) and I bought a plain mask base that covers the upper part of my face, and then I'm going to build off of that... And I got a ton of black and white feathers for it too. I'll probably use papier mache to make a beak, though, and then mayyyyybe cover it with a thin layer of clay and paint it yellow or something.
And boy is it a good thing I like making stuff, because these days if I'm not glued to my sewing machine I'm hand-sewing stuff, making things out of clay, or painting shoes, and now I've got a mask to make. Hahaha xD

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #1759 on: July 21, 2009, 08:07:14 pm »
Okay guys...I was wondering for a while if my Germany cosplay was going to pull through or not...but I just found a base for my cosplay at Value Village unexpectedly for $15 and, well, I've gotta do it now. =) (Gotta take off the silly American buttons/patches though. =_=;; And change the collar/add the black parts to the uniform.)
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #1760 on: July 21, 2009, 08:09:59 pm »
Erm.. wheres pioneer square/mall o.o?

They're both one or two from the hotel: Google map That shows both Pioneer Square and Pioneer Place, the mall.

@Jaqua: That mask sounds AWESOME. I'm glad I'm not being Prussia at the dance, cuz I'd be ridiculously jealous. XD

@SK: YAY~ Germany! *dances*
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #1761 on: July 21, 2009, 08:25:04 pm »
Speaking of Germany, there will be another Germany amongst us! One of my friends accompanying me will be germany for this adventure.... though she doesnt have the height for it xD
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1762 on: July 21, 2009, 09:17:34 pm »
Jaqua: I'm pre-emptively ogling it in my mind.

SK: Doitsu doitsu~!
Wrong character, but whatever. >>

Kyo: That's okay, height order is just a suggestion. XD
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #1763 on: July 21, 2009, 09:35:49 pm »
Cha, either way yay another germany :D
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1764 on: July 22, 2009, 12:33:31 am »
@Malaria&goatchild: Dude you guys you're both making me giggly and freaked out over here. I feel pressure to make it like insanely awesome now. Not that I didn't before but now it's like TEN-FOLD. It's okay though cuz I'm excited that other people are excited for it xDD

@sk_chan: HEY MAN, PRUSSIA NEEDS HIS(her) WEST. GERMANY FTW.

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1765 on: July 22, 2009, 10:36:45 am »
Reading through this entire thread has proved to be an... epic undertaking. At long last, here I am, at the end. Hello!

It looks like I'm going to be attending my first Kumoricon this year, and wanted to go along with the Hetalia zaniness. Demytasse has decreed that I would be best as either Spain or Greece, but a final decision hasn't been made as to what I'm going to be yet (aside from awesome.) :3

Offline demytasse

• Chibi
« Reply #1766 on: July 22, 2009, 12:10:49 pm »
I'm Demy!!! I like exclamation points!!!
DDD8 Hey now! I'll have you know that the exclamation points represent the awesome enthusiasm in which I speak in! Nothing else can convey that in text form!! HA HA!!!!

(Gotta take off the silly American buttons/patches though. =_=;; And change the collar/add the black parts to the uniform.)
Why would you ever want to do such a horrible thing such as removing American awesome from your uniform!? D8 Even if you are Germany...
...thinking that over again, YES! REMOVE AWESOME FROM YOUR UNIFORM! I WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE YOU DOWN EASIER! HAHAHA!

Demytasse has decreed that I would be best as either Spain or Greece, but a final decision hasn't been made as to what I'm going to be yet (aside from awesome.) :3
Greece. Just Greece. No Spain. I thought Spain, but no. Greece. Intelligent comment is intelligent.

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1767 on: July 22, 2009, 12:21:22 pm »
Greece. Just Greece. No Spain. I thought Spain, but no. Greece. Intelligent comment is intelligent.

...Well then! It looks like I will be going as Greece. Now I'll need to find an appropriate cat...

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1768 on: July 22, 2009, 12:46:04 pm »

(Gotta take off the silly American buttons/patches though. =_=;; And change the collar/add the black parts to the uniform.)
Why would you ever want to do such a horrible thing such as removing American awesome from your uniform!? D8 Even if you are Germany...
...thinking that over again, YES! REMOVE AWESOME FROM YOUR UNIFORM! I WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE YOU DOWN EASIER! HAHAHA!

=_=... *inaudiblemumblemutter*...maybe I should go incognito...*mumblemutter*

*pulls random Italy aside*

We need to talk. Which is better. Winning against the Allied Forces...or...GERMAN PRIDE? +_+
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline demytasse

• Chibi
« Reply #1769 on: July 22, 2009, 01:59:07 pm »
Now I'll need to find an appropriate cat...
*find appropriate cats...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1770 on: July 22, 2009, 03:27:49 pm »
Reading through this entire thread has proved to be an... epic undertaking. At long last, here I am, at the end. Hello!

It looks like I'm going to be attending my first Kumoricon this year, and wanted to go along with the Hetalia zaniness. Demytasse has decreed that I would be best as either Spain or Greece, but a final decision hasn't been made as to what I'm going to be yet (aside from awesome.) :3
o___o Why would you read the whole thread?

Yaaay Greece! <3 If you wanna mosey on over to the planning thread and make a roll call post, I'd be very much obliged.

Demy: Please talk that way during con. XD

Edit because I forgot to respond to Jaqua:
I have complete faith in your craft skills.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:45:21 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #1771 on: July 22, 2009, 03:32:54 pm »
...Well then! It looks like I will be going as Greece. Now I'll need to find an appropriate cat...

Beanie Babies. Lots of Beanie Babies. Everyone has Beanie Baby cats, right? I know I have, like, ten or something. >> Or a trip to your local Goodwill/toy store. You can find the weirdest stuffed animals at Goodwills... o.o Also, mad skillz on reading through the entire thread. Cookies for j00.

@Jaqua: YOU BETTER BE EXCITED. O.o If you do make the mask, and you don't have a Prussia flag already, I demand a picture of you and your epic mask in front of my flag. >: D
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Mewithe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1772 on: July 22, 2009, 04:18:22 pm »

Lolz, if you need cats, I have like a million cat plushies. xD

Which reminds me, I'm going to be carrying a unicorn plush when I'm England. xD
England
PJ!Canada
Fem!America

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1773 on: July 22, 2009, 04:19:27 pm »
I agree with goatchild. I went as Christmas!Greece to a meetup back in December and had a basket full of Beanie Baby cats (probably around 18 in all) that I carried around with me. They work.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1774 on: July 22, 2009, 04:25:12 pm »

I found myself wondering that exact same thing after I got through with it. Although it certainly was entertaining at points due to its frenetic nature. Especially watching the timestamps between one post to the next. XD

Thinking about the number of cats I'm going to require now, the first thing that came to mind was that scene from The Matrix. "We need guns. Lots of guns." Just substitute "guns" with "cats" ... or I suppose you could also go with "cats with guns" if you feel the need to compromise halfway.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #1775 on: July 22, 2009, 04:41:34 pm »
@Malaria: Aw thanks :'D

@goatchild: FFFFFFF you have a Prussian flag?! 0-0 Oh dude. That picture is HAPPENING. Plus I've already started my mask (ffflol good job me, start on an extra project when i have two other outfits to make that i've barely even started) and I've got the whole thing planned out, so unless some unforeseen horror occurs and it gets destroyed in a freak, um... Mask-destroying incident, I should have it. >D

@Kangetsu: ...I don't know why but that cats and guns comment made me lol pretty spectacularly.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #1776 on: July 22, 2009, 04:59:12 pm »
@Jaqua: You BET I have a flag! And AWESOME one! Hopefully it will make up for my lack of uniform. >>

Meeooooooowww! You know it. |D
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1777 on: July 22, 2009, 05:15:41 pm »

I found myself wondering that exact same thing after I got through with it. Although it certainly was entertaining at points due to its frenetic nature. Especially watching the timestamps between one post to the next. XD

Thinking about the number of cats I'm going to require now, the first thing that came to mind was that scene from The Matrix. "We need guns. Lots of guns." Just substitute "guns" with "cats" ... or I suppose you could also go with "cats with guns" if you feel the need to compromise halfway.
D'you remember what we had on the panel? I know Demy posted our confirmation a while back, but I can't remember the specific info. >>

Now I'm thinking Greek Civil War. But with cats.
Poor kitties. ;^;

Jaqua: No problem. <3
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1778 on: July 22, 2009, 05:47:35 pm »

Wow! The sequel to Milo and Otis is more amazing than I ever dreamed it could be!

D'you remember what we had on the panel? I know Demy posted our confirmation a while back, but I can't remember the specific info. >>

That panel went through numerous iterations, and something like 10 pages worth of ideas for things that would be cool so it's a bit hard to follow, but I think it was something like ghost stories from countries around the world, along with games that were simple to set up and play, like Apples to Apples, and Twister. I could be wrong about that, though. ^^; Along the lines of card games, I might also suggest something like Once Upon a Time, or Gloom - both are super easy to learn, and can be very entertaining with the right folks playing.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1779 on: July 22, 2009, 05:53:07 pm »

Wow! The sequel to Milo and Otis is more amazing than I ever dreamed it could be!

That panel went through numerous iterations, and something like 10 pages worth of ideas for things that would be cool so it's a bit hard to follow, but I think it was something like ghost stories from countries around the world, along with games that were simple to set up and play, like Apples to Apples, and Twister. I could be wrong about that, though. ^^; Along the lines of card games, I might also suggest something like Once Upon a Time, or Gloom - both are super easy to learn, and can be very entertaining with the right folks playing.
I meant Demy's report on the confirmation details, but that is very helpful too. <3

Demy~? D'you have the panel specifics? I don't remember what time it was and what kind of room we got.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 06:05:36 pm by Malaria »
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline demytasse

• Chibi
« Reply #1780 on: July 22, 2009, 06:42:59 pm »
Demy~? D'you have the panel specifics? I don't remember what time it was and what kind of room we got.
...bugger! I don't remember! xDDDDD I wonder how I'll find that again...could be...in my email...=o=;

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1781 on: July 22, 2009, 06:45:50 pm »
...bugger! I don't remember! xDDDDD I wonder how I'll find that again...could be...in my email...=o=;
DD: You better! Or else NO PASTA EVER.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline demytasse

• Chibi
« Reply #1782 on: July 22, 2009, 06:54:06 pm »
DD: You better! Or else NO PASTA EVER.
As America, I can resist pasta! LIBERTY SANDWICHES FTW!!!!

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1783 on: July 22, 2009, 07:13:48 pm »
@SK: Doitsu, Doitsu~! (right character. XD) It's awesome that you found what you needed for so cheap!

Hello, Kangetsu! Welcome to our merry thread!

I got a big Italian flag the other day~ Now I just need to hi-jack the right kind of flag pole. X3
Possible Future Cosplays:
Sergio - Minor Acts of Heroism
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
Maybe something from Homestuck
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1784 on: July 22, 2009, 07:25:44 pm »
I bet Bed Bath & Beyond has something, and they send out coupons all the time.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1785 on: July 22, 2009, 07:31:30 pm »
Bed, Bath & Beyond has flagpoles? : O
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #1786 on: July 22, 2009, 08:05:49 pm »
They also have magical remote controls!  :D
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1787 on: July 22, 2009, 08:14:51 pm »
But I want a flagpole more than a magical remote! XD
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1788 on: July 22, 2009, 08:32:54 pm »
Bed Bath & Beyond has everything you could possibly put on or near a house. And if they don't have flag poles, they probably have modifiable long sticks.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1789 on: July 22, 2009, 10:14:12 pm »
@SK: Doitsu, Doitsu~! (right character. XD) It's awesome that you found what you needed for so cheap!

I know, right? I was so happy. =3= Random note: I also found a coat I could modify for Irvine from FF8.

Value Village is my friend.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline demytasse

• Chibi
« Reply #1790 on: July 23, 2009, 12:53:19 am »
Maleria! I looked back to the email that I got from the panel manger-like lady thing, and she only said she accepted our panel and we couldn't have food. I can't...seem to recall what exact day and time we requested because I have the world's worst memory and it was FAR too long ago that I put the request in.
SO! I sent an email asking her what the specifics were. xD We'll get it cleared up lickety split!

But I think that it was Sat at...7:00...or was it 6:00...=3=;;

Offline demytasse

• Chibi
« Reply #1791 on: July 23, 2009, 12:58:54 am »
Random note: I also found a coat I could modify for Irvine from FF8.

:OOOOO You just need to add fur to the collar and add a cowboy hat and get a long hair wig! :OOOOO Irvine!!!!!

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1792 on: July 23, 2009, 03:48:54 am »
Random note: I also found a coat I could modify for Irvine from FF8.

:OOOOO You just need to add fur to the collar and add a cowboy hat and get a long hair wig! :OOOOO Irvine!!!!!

I was actually thinking of mayyybe finding a ponytail extension that I could attach to my actual hair since my color is very similar to his, but I don't know how I'd go about doing that. >_.;;
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1793 on: July 23, 2009, 05:09:37 pm »
Maleria! I looked back to the email that I got from the panel manger-like lady thing, and she only said she accepted our panel and we couldn't have food. I can't...seem to recall what exact day and time we requested because I have the world's worst memory and it was FAR too long ago that I put the request in.
SO! I sent an email asking her what the specifics were. xD We'll get it cleared up lickety split!

Didn't we plan it for later? Like around 8?

Well, if we can't find out, we can check the PDFs of the schedule when they're released. A week before the con. .___.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline KyoKyo866

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #1794 on: July 23, 2009, 07:14:58 pm »

according to the planning forum, twas at 9 on sat *nodnod*
KC '16 Cosplays:
Lolita - Done

Offline demytasse

• Chibi
« Reply #1795 on: July 23, 2009, 11:45:33 pm »
Hahahaha, there's a planning forum? xD Who knew? This is why I have my backup...for when I'm being an idiot.

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1796 on: July 24, 2009, 03:26:06 pm »
Hahahaha, there's a planning forum? xD Who knew? This is why I have my backup...for when I'm being an idiot.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=10033.0
It's not a forum, just a thread. The list that's still getting updated is on page 2.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline Auricle

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1797 on: July 25, 2009, 09:24:20 am »
Bed Bath & Beyond has everything you could possibly put on or near a house. And if they don't have flag poles, they probably have modifiable long sticks.

Thanks for the tip! I'll probably just end up hi-jacking one of the poles from one of the American flags we've got around here...X3
Nero - Devil May Cry 4
? ? ?

Offline demytasse

• Chibi
« Reply #1798 on: July 25, 2009, 01:11:55 pm »
Thanks for the tip! I'll probably just end up hi-jacking one of the poles from one of the American flags we've got around here...X3
DDDDDD8 Steal a poll from an American flag to replace it with...*gasp* an Italian flag?! DDDDDDDDDD8

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1799 on: July 25, 2009, 05:30:18 pm »
XDDDD I'd just paint it....O_e?
(totally found the perfect Prussia Jacket today at goodwill)
Next con: Kumori-con