Author Topic: Apples to Apples: KumoriCon Edition - 2009  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Apples to Apples: KumoriCon Edition - 2009
« on: November 17, 2008, 01:23:02 am »
My apologies if this topic is a long time coming, but now that I've found some time to work on the game, I felt it's about time I created another thread about Apples to Apples: Kumori Con Edition.  For those of you who don't know, this is my continuing project for creating a full-sized deck of "red cards" to substitute the regular red cards in a commercial copy of Apples to Apples, thus making it convention-themed.

For more information, please check out the original topic here.

(The list of cards has expanded since I made the list in that thread, but I haven't updated it completely yet. When I do, I'll let you know.)

After the Apples to Apples panel at KCon was capped at 100 people, and about 25 people crowded around the tables at KCon Lite to play the game again, I think we've pretty much determined that this idea was a good one. :)  That means I'm going to keep working on the game, and it will be back next year, even bigger, and with enough decks for everyone this time around! (Thanks to Con Chair Mike and his help providing the printed materials)

As of the convention, "version 1" of the game had a little over 250 cards. The panel was short on decks, though. To remedy that, I hope to have 10 decks of version 1 cut well before next year's con. If possible, we'll upgrade to "version 2," which will include your suggestions!

"Version 2" currently has 323 cards and counting. I am more than happy to take suggestions for new ones, but with over three hundred cards already, most of the suggestions I get are duplicates, so only about 50-75 cards were taken from suggestions.

Here are some of the new suggestions that I've ALREADY added to the set (alphabetical order):

Angst
Brawndo
Cooking Mama
Cup O' Noodles
Death Note
Fist of the North Star
Furries
GAR
Glomp Circle
Hadouken
Jenova
Jusenkyo
Kirk Thornton
Lara Croft
Lolita Tea Party
Neko Pan Bakery
Numa Numa Dance
Ouran Host Club Tea Party
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Pyramid Head
Techno Viking
The Game
Umbrella Corp
Voice Actors
Wookiees

Additionally, below are some suggestions I received that I have NOT yet added, because I need more information about who/what exactly they are and why, therefore, they should be included. If any of you know more about any of these, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what they are, and how they relate to the convention:

Kamina-sama
Hothead
Manry
Ship Wars
The #13

If you made a suggestion and I didn't mention it somewhere above, that means I don't need an explanation. Either I'm still considering it, or it was simply already in the game before the suggestion was made. ...Or in some cases, I just rejected the suggestion.  This is usually because it was either A. too racey, B. not relevant enough to be considered a Kumori Con buzzword, or C. not a noun.  All red cards need to be nouns that can be referred to as topics, because breaking that rule is the only way red cards can really mess up the game mechanics.

...So...  please keep those suggestions coming. :) But please check below periodically.  I'll try to archive everyone's suggestions at the bottom of this first post, in red text.  The best thing you can do to contribute is to make sure your suggestions haven't already been made!

Suggestions:

(This space for rent)

EXTRA CREDIT: I need a catchier title for the game. Suggestions are welcome for that, too.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
Re: Apples to Apples: KumoriCon Edition - 2009
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:44:16 am »
OMG. I can't believe that wookiees is a card XD I guess we're awesome

ps. I want to come to this next year~

Maybe having a game a day?
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 05:48:16 pm »
MANRY!  :D

>>He was at K-con '07.<<
>>And K-con '08, too.<<
He's pretty well known.

Suggestion for a card: The Cloud Song! :D
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 07:38:06 pm »
OMG. I can't believe that wookiees is a card XD I guess we're awesome

ps. I want to come to this next year~

Maybe having a game a day?

Cliches that come with sound effects get priority! ;)

One game each day? Hmmm... The idea has merit. Most individuals will only want to play one game during the weekend, I imagine, but if we don't have enough space or materials to do it all in one session, I'll definitely consider the suggestion.  Perhaps we could start by having two sessions: one on Friday, one on Saturday. (Or perhaps one on Friday, one on Sunday, since card games are a good way to wind up or wind down the weekend)

MANRY!  :D

>>He was at K-con '07.<<
>>And K-con '08, too.<<
He's pretty well known.

Ewwwww....  Hmm. I think he wore it at '06, too.

Well, I guess if he's well-known, then it'd be a worthy card. :P

Suggestion for a card: The Cloud Song! :D

Cloud Song? Which one?

(Isn't it great that I can say that with a straight face?)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice