Author Topic: Adobe Photoshop Panel for Kcon 09  (Read 5452 times)

Offline DevinShadowV

• Sailor Scout
    • Professional accout
Adobe Photoshop Panel for Kcon 09
« on: November 08, 2008, 11:53:41 pm »
Pitch an idea with how to work photoshop and show styles that in anime can be done in photoshop for Kumoricon 2009.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:12:41 pm by DevinShadowV »

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Adobe Photoshop Panel
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 11:55:46 pm »
I'm game. I want some help with that. I know there's tutorials but it's easier to get help in person and asking questions that way is easier too.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline DevinShadowV

• Sailor Scout
    • Professional accout
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 12:01:24 am »
we can pitch a idea so Kcon will pick it up and plus getting all sources even tutorials are a must.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:02:22 am by DevinShadowV »

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 11:39:28 am »
we can pitch a idea so Kcon will pick it up and plus getting all sources even tutorials are a must.

Sounds like a fantastic idea. Would you be willing to run the panel itself? Or do you know someone who would?

Hearing tons of ideas are great we just need someone to actually turn in the panel request form to our programming manger Jaki. And it will probably be a go.

If your willing to run it I would post PM Jaki directly.
Her forum name is Jamiche. (You also worked with her yesturday)
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline DevinShadowV

• Sailor Scout
    • Professional accout
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 01:44:39 pm »

Sounds like a fantastic idea. Would you be willing to run the panel itself? Or do you know someone who would?

Hearing tons of ideas are great we just need someone to actually turn in the panel request form to our programming manger Jaki. And it will probably be a go.

If your willing to run it I would post PM Jaki directly.
Her forum name is Jamiche. (You also worked with her yesturday)

I would love to do it but I have photoshop at home on my desktop and I don't have a laptop if there is anyone that has a laptop with at least the newest adobe photoshop on a laptop and or I'll contact the college I'm attend to the Art Institute of Portland to support us.

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 04:27:25 pm »
A Photoshop panel would be awesome; I've always wondered how to colour stuff with it.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline DevinShadowV

• Sailor Scout
    • Professional accout
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 04:58:55 pm »
A Photoshop panel would be awesome; I've always wondered how to colour stuff with it.

I got tips and tricks on coloring and other stuff that I'll keep secert but I need a laptop that has Photoshop and a projector so hopfully someone will help me out on with gear and get this panel out there so it can be official.

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 05:35:51 pm »

I got tips and tricks on coloring and other stuff that I'll keep secert but I need a laptop that has Photoshop and a projector so hopfully someone will help me out on with gear and get this panel out there so it can be official.

I Know the Projector wont be a problem. The convention owns several and the panel staff will take care of that for you. As for the laptop and software issue you might want to see what Jaki can rig up for you. It cant hurt to ask. I know we loaned out a couple of personal laptops this year to trusted panelists as they didnt belong to the convention, but it never hurts to ask the Prog Director directly.
:) Hope that helps a little :)
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline DevinShadowV

• Sailor Scout
    • Professional accout
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 08:17:50 pm »

I Know the Projector wont be a problem. The convention owns several and the panel staff will take care of that for you. As for the laptop and software issue you might want to see what Jaki can rig up for you. It cant hurt to ask. I know we loaned out a couple of personal laptops this year to trusted panelists as they didnt belong to the convention, but it never hurts to ask the Prog Director directly.
:) Hope that helps a little :)

Cool at least the projector part is done but where would I contact the program director?

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
Re: Adobe Photoshop Panel for Kcon 09
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 08:45:26 pm »
programming@kumoricon.org

Send an email to Jaki. She is the director of that area. She organizes all the panels and will be able to answer all your questions.

Just drop her an email and let her know what you are interested in doing and what questions you have.

Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline DevinShadowV

• Sailor Scout
    • Professional accout
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 08:55:38 pm »
programming@kumoricon.org

Send an email to Jaki. She is the director of that area. She organizes all the panels and will be able to answer all your questions.

Just drop her an email and let her know what you are interested in doing and what questions you have.

Thanks

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 09:22:00 pm »
Photoshop panels are always great ideas. We of Creation Station have run them at various cons. Marie Tary, a professional webcomic artist and graphic designer, has run them for us in our rooms at previous Sakuracons and Anime Evolutions, and JeniOctavia ran a How-to panel on Photoshop Layer Masks for Creation Station at KC '08. I would be delighted to hook you up with them either to help you with ideas (for example, they could tell you what audience members were most interested in), or potentially, to help you present, if that's something you'd want.

Please PM me and/or join:
the_creation_station@yahoogroups.com

And best of luck with your panel!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 09:23:46 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline DevinShadowV

• Sailor Scout
    • Professional accout
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 09:46:33 pm »
Photoshop panels are always great ideas. We of Creation Station have run them at various cons. Marie Tary, a professional webcomic artist and graphic designer, has run them for us in our rooms at previous Sakuracons and Anime Evolutions, and JeniOctavia ran a How-to panel on Photoshop Layer Masks for Creation Station at KC '08. I would be delighted to hook you up with them either to help you with ideas (for example, they could tell you what audience members were most interested in), or potentially, to help you present, if that's something you'd want.

Even though I have around 9 years of photoshop experience but I would love to have more help because I do special effects on my offtime from college so yeah I'm want to the audience to see how easy it really is to work Photoshop and of course I'll need so members to help me out.

Offline DevinShadowV

• Sailor Scout
    • Professional accout
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 11:36:44 pm »

Wait I contact you for the panel or is that the program of operations person?